Fog and Friendships
[html]

OOC: Here is our thread, as promised! <3 WC: +3

Ciara was running the grounds again, checking everything to make sure that all was in order. The golden Epsilon enjoyed watching the borders and making sure no one was trespassing. It was also good to check on the various types of prey that surrounded the area, especially with the newer territory that had not been explored quite as much. It was a rather foggy day along the northern coast of Nova Scotia, but Ciara didn’t mind. Fog and sea-spray was something familiar to the girl, and she found that the ocean looked prettier with the grey mist hovering over it. Her exploration had brought her to the beach and she sat with a smile, thinking over all that had passed since her first day in New Dawn.

Her mind turned to the night she and Augustus sat on this beach under the glittering light of the full moon, the night they had been determined as mates in the eyes of their Alpha. Things were going well between the two, but she worried about the Arctic wolf. His main focus always seemed to be duty, so much so that it made relationships with his pack members tense. One pack member in particular was an ongoing issue, and that particular male was the large, ebony Epsilon Shadowfang. Her muzzle creased with a tight-lipped frown as she thought on the friendly, almost bubbly male. As she pondered over the situation between Shadow and Augustus, she realized that she didn’t know much about the other Epsilon, either.

Determined to learn more about her brother, and to try and work a little on the issue with Augustus, Ciara tipped her head to the sky. A howl broke through the mist, calling for Shadowfang to come and join her by the Aelcrest Shore. The golden female then turned her head back to gazing over the ocean as she waited for him to arrive. Her ears swivelled for the sounds of his paws, and her own large paws pushed at the sand a little nervously. She didn’t want this to be awkward, or uncomfortable, as Shadow had always seemed friendly to her. The calico girl only hoped that some one-on-one time would be the start of a new, strong friendship.

<style type="text/css">
.eciara b {font-weight:bold; color:#4f5253; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #909097;}
.eciara .ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center;}
.eciara p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px 0px;}
.eciara {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#d2d2dc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fqYoC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #909097; padding:405px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#909097; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; border-radius:15px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Hey sister!! It's about time! lets have some fun and I'll bring the food! lol. WC: 600+<3

Shadows mind was racing. He looked forward and saw the deer that had found it's self in the territory of New Dawn and as he stayed behind the large dark bush covered by snow he lowered till his whole body was lying upon the blanket of snow beneath him. As he lay there his eyes and ear picked up the very movement of the deer and like he had wanted, the deer started to walk again heading towards the very bush he was hiding by. Shadows powerful muscles tightened and his body became alive as it readied it's self for the kill. Shadow's eyes closed for a second as he visualized just how he would go about killing it. He was in Lupus form and so his arms were of no use but his fangs were there and ready to be sunk into the flesh of this beautiful animal. He saw himself jumping from the bush and locking his jaws into the beasts neck and then with a constant build of pressure he would cut off the beasts air and end it's life. He waited still patient as a hunter should be, the deer moved closer by inches at a time and then fruition. Shadow jumped from the bush and planted his teeth deep into the throat of the gentle beast and his jaws clamped down and he started it's life upon his fangs and tongue.

He yelled for a second but a quick increase of pressure saw that stopped and then slowly the deer lowered it's self to the ground and Shadow kept holding. As Shadow looked into it's eyes he whispered a silent prayer to the animal who would give it's life for his pack and then it was gone. Shadow slowly let it go as he sniffed it and listened to it's still heart just to make sure the deed had been done and then within the air moving past him he heard the call of his sister Ciara and she called...for him. Shadows ears went high as he made sure he was hearing that right and then he looked to the deer and he figured what better way to enjoy time with a friend then by bringing them breakfast, or lunch. Shadow smiled as he quickly shifted to his Secui form and then with his improved strength he tossed the large deep onto his back and headed for his sister.

Shadow made it there in good time even though lugging the large deer upon his back wasn't the easiest task and then as he came into view of his pretty sister he howled a quick happy call towards her as his tail began to move at a fast excited pace. He got closer and tosses the deer to the side lightly as he looked to his sister and then he did a playful bow as he smiled and then he motioned with his nose towards the deer. Hey Sis! sorry it took so long I had just finished up hunting this gentle beast and knew that a few members of the pack could enjoy it. With that said I figured I would bring breakfast, You called for me and I am always one to be giving so...you want to join your big brother in a small feast while we talk or shall we talk first and eat later? Shadows tail was excited as he stood straight up and he gave a happy whine to Ciara as he wished to just run up and pelt her with nuzzles and licks to the face but he would wait and see if Ciara was even in such a mood. He had been called by her and it was the first time he had been directly asked for by one of his pack mates so if she ended up being in trouble or needing something then he would wait and make sure she was happy before being playful and trying to get her to share his excitement

<style>
.shadowself .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.shadowself p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shadowself b {color:#26577F; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shadowself {background-color:#1F4752; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... falm-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:480px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto;}
.shadowself .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry for the wait! WC: 350

When Shadow came into view, Ciara couldn’t help but smile and begin to wag her tail. The male didn’t normally practice the usual greetings and traditions of the pack hierarchy and depending on the situation that could either be a good or bad thing. This time, it served to relax the golden yearling as she watched the male approach anxiously, worried that he might find the situation awkward. Then, the scent of the blood hit her nose, causing her mouth to water as she stood and moved forward to get a better catch of the scent. When Shadow dropped it at her feet and reclined into a playbow, Ciara gave a grateful yip and licked across his snout in a chaste, friendly way, before turning her nose to the deer.

She had been so busy in her duties as an Epsilon that the girl had barely taken the time to partake in hunting, or feeding of her own. She only took food from the caches once or twice, and was beginning to lose some of the healthy size she’d gained since arriving in the safety of New Dawn. The warm, fresh meat of the deer began to fill that emptiness until she took on the same full, healthy and still slender form she normally held. After she’d eaten, the girl sat back and licked at her haunches, tail wagging like a whip behind her.

“Were you going to eat as well?” she asked, worried for a moment that she’d been so distracted by the food, she hadn’t invited Shadow to eat with her. He was of the same ranking as her and he didn’t need to ask permission, plus he was the one who brought the meat in the first place. Perhaps he was just being a gentleman? She smiled at the thought and then reclined to lay on the beach and lick the blood from her paws and her snout.

“I’m glad you came, brother,” she said, waiting for him to have his own lunch. “I was hoping we could talk for awhile and get to know each other.”

<style type="text/css">
.eciara b {font-weight:bold; color:#4f5253; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #909097;}
.eciara {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#d2d2dc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fqYoC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #909097; padding:405px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#909097; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; border-radius:15px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow looked to his sister and quietly watched her eat. He had no intention of eating any of the food it was more of a peace offering and him being the gentleman that he was. He chuckled lightly as he saw her licking off the blood she had so easily gotten on her fur and he chuckled lightly as she laid down once finished. Actually the deer was for you....I wanted to be nice and give you something to eat, I noticed how you were looking a little hungry and so I did what any brother would do.He smiled and the happiness of the moment was caught in his tail just as much as hers as his tail seemed to have matched her speed and was wagging like crazy behind him.

He smiled as he moved closer and then he say down and he held himself tall as he looked to the water in front of them. I'm glad I came as well sister, I have been wanting to spend more time with you and it seems to beat me to the request of hanging out together, and as far as getting to know one another better, I would love to...Shadow had been wanting to spend time with his brothers and sisters more and to see that Ciara had the same idea filled him with warmth and happiness. He had been meaning to ask her to join him for a walk and things like that but he always talked himself out of it due to seeing Augustus near by or due to the stubborn wolf staring at him while he made his way to talk to Ciara.

Shadow smiled as he looked out to the water and he then turned his head and looked to his sister and smiled wide as he nodded and gave a happy whine. I'm really glad you asked me here, I have been meaning to do the same but I didn't want to cause any trouble with you and Augustus or anything like that. He hates me and I rather just avoid those types entirely...I want to be his friend but he has made it clear he wants nothing of the sort. I'm much happier talking to you!He smiled at that last bit as he tried to lighten the mood even though it was he who brought Augustus up in the first place, He hoped that he wouldn't anger his sister by such words.

<style>
.darkshadow .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.darkshadow p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.darkshadow b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.darkshadow {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... Wolf-3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-top-right-radius:40px; border-top-left-radius:40px; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A1A1A1; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
.darkshadow .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #bdbdbd; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 400+

Ciara relaxed when Shadow didn’t appear miffed that she’d eaten without inviting him. The fact that he’d brought the deer for her was surprising, but heart-warming all the same. “I thank you then, brother,” she said softly. “It’s been awhile since I’ve had anything to eat.” She smiled then as she curled her golden tail around her form, curling up with her full belly to watch the sea and learn about this brother of hers. Her mind drifted to her mate, wondering what he was up to, and what his reaction would be when she returned to the den smelling of Shadow. Hopefully he wouldn’t be angry with her. He slept each night wrapped around her smaller form protectively, and she could see him visibly tense each time one of her brothers came too close or acted too affectionate. The possessive side of him turned her on, actually, instead of making her scowl and roll her eyes like it might with other females. She enjoyed knowing that she was his, and seeing that he planned to enforce that on the others. It filled her with an odd sense of pride.

“Congratulations on your promotion by the way, brother,” she said with a pleased grin, then blinked as Shadow brought up a certain salt-and-pepper male she’d just been thinking about. Her expression grew serious for a moment as she thought on the situation between Augustus and Shadow. The golden girl hated tension between pack mates, and believed that the two should work on things, but she also understood Augustus’ irritation. He, like herself, cherished the pack hierarchy and highly believed in its structures and traditions. “I’m sure if you had come to ask to speak with me, he wouldn’t have kicked up too much of a fuss,” she said teasingly, allowing a smile to match her glittering, slightly mischievous eyes.

“How are you and Insomnia doing? In fact…how did you two even meet?”She asked, eagerly. It was nice to be in a pack with so many mated pairs. Ciara was quite new to love, and she anticipated various times when she’d rely on her brothers and sisters to give her advice. There were many things that she and Augustus had yet to do, issues they had yet to work through. In fact, they hadn’t spent much time alone together since that night under the moon. She thought about these things as she rested her head on her large paws, waiting for her elder brother to answer her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!WC: 677!

Shadow sat there and his tail moved behind him and then he heard what his sister had to say and he smiled and nodded lightly. Thank you, I worked hard to get there...I am skilled in that area so it makes since that I would be awarded a rank as such. I have to thank Zalen and I did, if not for him actually paying attention to my actions then i would still be a Sub rank or Omega. Not that I would have minded to much. Regardless on my rank I would still help any and all that I could...I have always been that way, and I am truly grateful for the family I now have, that goes for you too sis.

Shadow smiled at that last part and then he heard Ciara's words about how thinks might have gone okay if he were to ask Augustus to speak with Ciara. Shadow chuckled and he looked to her and with the smile and laughter in his voice he spoke. I would sooner fight a bear, rather than have to ask him if I can talk to his Mate. Shadow looked back to the waves and then a subject that was on his mind often was brought up and it slowed his tail and brought a loving smile to his lips. He kept looking forward as his heart started to tell the story.

If I were to have been told long ago that I would be saved and loved by a beautiful female named Insomnia regardless of my past and it's actions I would have said they were a fool, but I was wrong and I met her. I was alone and just traveling from pack to pack wanting to learn everything I could about everyone before making a decision about which family i would join. I traveled to the Black Water Reserve and it was there I saw this Angel....this vision of beauty that I have never seen before in my life. She was lying in a pool up water and I approached her and didn't even know what to say. I haven't told many of my past or what I did but for some reason I felt new and happy around her. I feel in love at only seeing her and she stole my heart. We talked and like a fairy tail we kissed only after just meeting and I belonged to her since then. She told me what pack she was a part of and I search ended the moment I heard it's name, It's name was New Dawn. I knew that where ever she went I would follow and I did. I would be lying if I said I didn't join New Dawn because of her, because I did but I am glad I did because I have been able to be part of a family and have sisters like you. I love Insomnia more than my own life and would give it freely if she only asked....but now thanks to her and bringing me to this pack, I can now say I would give my life for any of you. I love all of you and I am happy to just sit down and talk with you. But you finally answer your question I say this, I am happy with her and would one day love to have a family with her and I would be honored if my pups could have a Aunt Ciara.

Shadow looked over to Ciara and smiled a big goofy smile and spoke again Sorry but you asked a powerful question and a question like that deserves a huge answer.... Shadow laughed and just looked to his sister and then he looked back to the ocean. My past isn't a secret, I just don't bring it up to anyone unless they ask, if there is anything you wish to know then I will tell you all but I hope you don't judge me poorly for it and I hope to continue our friendship.

<style>
.darkshadow .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.darkshadow p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.darkshadow b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.darkshadow {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... Wolf-3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-top-right-radius:40px; border-top-left-radius:40px; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A1A1A1; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
.darkshadow .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #bdbdbd; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Word count: +3

Ciara listened intently to Shadow’s story, all the while trying to thrust a piece of meat from between her teeth with her tongue. The blasted thing was stuck, so Ciara did the unladylike thing and began to pick at her teeth with one paw. Eventually she got rid of the morsel, just in time to lift her head towards the end of the male’s story. It was lovely, how he and Insomnia met. They seemed so perfectly connected, so close to each other. There was a distance, an awkwardness, because Ciara and Augustus that they’d had yet to dispel. She sighed very quietly, so Shadow wouldn’t hear, and returned to grooming her paws for a moment.

“Our pasts are always hard to deal with, for the most part,” she replied. “Many of us have done things we’re not happy about.” She smiled up at him then. “I appreciate you trusting me enough to enlighten me though, brother.” The mottled female sat up then, tail swishing as she relaxed and enjoyed this time with her pack mate. “How are you liking New Dawn so far? I’ve noticed that you like to stick to the…human-ish ways a little more than some of our other pack mates, like my mate, for example.” She regarded him, her eyes soft. The Epsilon was clearly not criticizing her brother, she just truly wanted to know. “Does that bother you at all?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here! WC:300+

Shadow Listened carefully to his pack sister and then he heard her question about being in a human form he chuckled lightly and looked to her right in the eyes as he spoke with a smile on his face and as he talked slowly his eyes went from her to the water they were near.

I Love New Dawn and I don't prefer the optime form over lupus, I'm going to tell you something, you hadn't asked but I will tell you a little about me. I was trained to be an effective, precise and deadly hunter in all forms. I was brutally trained and made to be able to kill in the least amount of attacks, lupus , secui and optime are all second nature to me. I'm suppose to be able to adapt to any situation and be comfortable in any form and move in it as if it were my preferred form. While I'm here in the pack lands I travel on four legs like my brothers and sisters and while I am away and not around you all I have my sword and travel on two legs.

I don't love any form more than the other all I know is I love my pack and I love Insomnia and I will be in whatever form you all choose.
Shadow looked back to her and his tail moved lightly behind him and he lightly put his paw on her nose and pushed her lightly before he fell to his side and bit and pulled lightly on her ear and he smiled as he laid there and he spoke again.

Ciara, if you every want to talk to me about anything or if you need help with something or just someone to hear you or even if you feel like playing tag, I'm your wolf. I love you Ciara, your an awesome sister and This is fun, Will have to hunt together sometime I could show you some moves!

<style>
.darkpath .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.darkpath p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.darkpath b {color:#CBCACA; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.darkpath {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... 5isl-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.darkpath-border {width:479px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.darkpath .inner {margin:150px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]