Return Again
[html]
Amy Sunders

Word Count → 000 :: Out of Character text.

Amy had stepped up to Salsola. She was on the edge of the border, looking over the land that laid before her. The scent was always such a strange motley, just like those who lived there. Well, she didn't really care about that. They could go around hopping on their heads for all she cared, as long as they paid her and gave her what she wanted. That was the only thing she wanted, the only thing that drove her. She had left Europe and her kingdom behind for this after all.

Lifting her head she howled, calling for those who would be interested in change. She promised they wouldn't be disappointed. It didn't matter what they asked for, if she didn't have it she would find it. That was her guarantee. No matter what it was they wanted, Amy could deliver. All they had to do was pay the price. Relaxing against her wagon Amy waited for someone to come and answer her call. Hopefully it wouldn't be too long.

<style type="text/css">
.ramasks b {font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ramasks p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.ramasks p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.ramasks .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px;}
.ramasks .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Nothing You Could Do'; text-align:center; color:#ffeb7d; padding:0px 15px 200px; text-shadow:#1a1009 1px 1px 4px;}
.ramasks p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.ramasks {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#a87340; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LpaOl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:50px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fefff1; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

(266) Would you mind if we played with the date a bit on this? A little earlier in April, maybe? C: If not, no big deal!

Eris is by Kiri!

The howl roused the shadowy hybrid from the riverside. She stood, glaring down at Khirot and Gjalda for a moment. Both slaves were working with the weir, bringing up the largest of the trapped fish to the fire Eris tended. Come up here, Khirot, the dark woman cooed, crooking a finger and indicating he should watch the fire now. Good. The obedience of the jackal-slave and his silvery companion pleased her; neither Gjalda nor Khirot needed punishment as Darijus once had.

Curious, the sable-furred hybrid strolled away from the weir and the fire, though she could smell the smoke of this latter for some time as she moved upriver, eventually leaving the riverbank. The forest was quiet with the afternoon, though the unexpected rattle of a woodpecker nearly caused her to leap out of her fur. She was quickly placated, however, and carried on unperturbed. As she neared the source of the sound, the smell of some kind of horseflesh reached her nose, along with a strangely familiar scent.

Crooking a brow in curiosity, the dark shadow slid from between a pair of spindly pines, her chartreuse eyes on the stranger. This was not the first time a trader had passed near to Salsola -- this one smelled faintly of Anathema, of course, where the other was a Loner, but Eris recognized a trading wagon when she saw one. Chione Kesari had brought her wonderful delights; perhaps the same could be said of this pale stranger. What can I do for you? she asked, her voice the languid drawl of one comfortable in her authority.

<style>
#erisKiri {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisKiri p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisKiri p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisKiri u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Amy Sunders

Word Count → 000 :: that's fine

A black female stepped out from the trees. Amy's pose was clear, respectful but still standing in her own strength. The one that approached her wasn't a lowly subordinate this time. Her tail wagged softly, pleased that she was finally confronting someone higher in power. This was good. A contract could be formed now, not to mention the information she craved would be easier to remove from a leader fattened by goods than a follower fearful of reprimand.

She dipped her head softly in greeting, acknowledging an equal. I have come to trade with your pack. I have many supplies that I'm sure could be found useful. I can retrieve anything you would wish for as well. Stepping back Amy pulled the covering on her wagon open, revealing the vast array of goods. Plants, a couple books, weapons, clothing, it all filled it with a bright air.

<style type="text/css">
.ramasks b {font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ramasks .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px;}
.ramasks .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Nothing You Could Do'; text-align:center; color:#ffeb7d; padding:0px 15px 200px; text-shadow:#1a1009 1px 1px 4px;}
.ramasks {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#a87340; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LpaOl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:50px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fefff1; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Thanks! Eris would be TOTALLY different if this was set after Lark's death. @_@ She still got her swag on here, lol.

Eris is by Alaine!

The pale woman's tail wagged, but Eris did not return the gesture at first -- there was a particular reservedness to her character, for she was not used to receiving visitors at her border. Part of her wondered if this one was applying for acceptance, but she thought not -- the blond-furred dog smelled too strongly of Anathema, and the only possibility was a direct defector from the pack. Eris knew enough to be wary of those who abandoned one pack in favor of the next, but these fears were quelled as the Anatheman dipped her head and announced her intent. The dark hybrid's interest was piqued, of course -- she was a trader at heart, after all.

The dark woman stepped forward wordlessly and perused the contents of the wagon, her eyes lingering on a book and then a particular plant, green and budding. The smell of it was one she knew intimately well, and upon closer inspection, she saw its buds furled with tiny red-orange hairs, flames dancing through the leaves. Frowning, she now gestured at her naked self and shrugged her shoulders. Your wares are impressive, but I have nothing to offer at the moment. What would you have of me? The dark woman already considered Salsolian supplies, running through the list of items within their storage facility and her own inventory -- what did they need, and what could they trade?

<style>
#erisAlaine {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
}
#erisAlaine p {
}
#erisAlaine p.sieImage {
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisAlaine .txtooc {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
line-height:16px;
#erisAlaine .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisAlaine b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisAlaine u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisAlaine b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisAlaine b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisAlaine b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Amy Sunders

Word Count → 000 :: Out of Character text.

She watched the black hybrid move forwards. Amy stood close by, watching her wares be observed. She didn't want to lose anything through damage. Amy didn't expect the female to purposely damage anything, but some of her wares were rather delicate. While some were designed for lasting battle, others needed the most delicate of touches. The plant and book were noted, making sure that she would get a small clipping of the plant, and give a high price for the items.

She smiled at the indication towards the naked body. Perhaps clothes could be traded for this rather modest creature. Amy did enjoy those mocks of civilization. You may not have anything with you right now, perhaps, but you certainly do have things that I desire. A contract with your pack, for one. Between myself and Salsola. I would like to be the one providing for your pack. I can guarantee high quality goods.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Eris is by Kiri, a gift from Sylvey!

Pockets were one thing Luperci severely lacked in. Perhaps if she had pockets to carry her own things about, she might not have been caught so unaware. Eris, however, knew there was more to be desired in the world than material goods -- those who dealt in them frequently fell vice to their addiction, but still others were more shrewd, desiring less tangible goods such as power, knowledge, and many more things which could not be so easily held within a pocket.

Listening to the pale woman, she tilted her head, comprehending quite well this proposition -- or so she thought. Careful, woman. This is Sirius's realm, Eris thought. Knowing one's place was important here, and the dusky-hued woman had no intention of forgetting this. I see your quality well enough, she purred, gesturing toward the wagon. Contracts are rarely one-sided, though. Eris thought she knew the game being played with these words, and she was an enthusiastic participant, if so -- but not so much that she would forget obligation in turn. Things offered freely frequently had prices far more dear than that which was obtained more fairly.

<style>
#erisKiri2 {
}
#erisKiri2 p {
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage {
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#erisKiri2 .txtooc {
font-family:georgia, serif
#erisKiri2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri2 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#erisKiri2 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisKiri2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC

Amy smiled as the quality she offered was deemed worthy. She hadn't expected otherwise, though she had dealt with the occasional moron who believed that her items were useless. She always dealt with that swiftly enough, usually by killing the one who had dared to degrade her work so. The words of a one-sided contract almost brought laughter from the bright female, tail swishing behind her as she thought about her words.

Shrugging Amy gestured to the pack behind her. You have the power of a pack behind you, while I am naught but a simple trader. There's not much I can fairly ask for, but perhaps the protection of your pack, the strength it would lend, and enough knowledge that I can deal fairly with the pack? It is difficult to know what to bring for you unless I am aware of what you need. Her tail wagged softly, waiting for the response.

<style>
.fallenangel .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.fallenangel p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fallenangel b {color:#E99B00; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.fallenangel {background-color:#660202; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... ngel-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:335px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-top-right-radius:60px; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fallenangel .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #e99b00; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(362)

The dark-furred hybrid had never met Chione again, though she might have leaped at the chance to obtain more of that woman's wares. The strange seeds, the pretty little trinkets -- these were things Eris wished to have again; perhaps the blonde woman would be a more fruitful contact for such things. Eris herself had never been to Freetown; her travel outside of Salsola was typically restricted, and she rarely went beyond the edges of the marshlands. Her own ability to procure was therefore limited, and she did not wish to pass up this chance.

I don't believe for a moment you are simple, the coyote exclaimed, her voice an exaggerated ploy of shock. One who recognizes the value in human wares cannot be simple. There were certainly Luperci who rejected these human notions, preferring to live as their feral ancestors had for so many generations, subjugated beneath the boot of human technology. Protection is not out of the question. I won't divulge too much, but we've thrown back attacks before. The hybrid shrugged her shoulder with this, playing indifference. Our strength, though -- hm.

Our concerns will always be our own, first and foremost. If it is to our advantage to provide our strength, we may provide it. If it is not, we will not. This the coyote could state with a certainty -- Salsola was not one to go out of its way to shelter those less fortunate within the world. Our fairness -- yes, the hybrid said, stating and offering this plainly. As long as your fairness is promised in return. The dark woman did not seek to offer the blonde wolfdog their trade pact; this did not arise simply of one meeting, but a longer relationship, one wherein each side proved its faithfulness to the other.

Our wants are practical. Knowledge, things to make our lives easier. These are simple little things, no? The sable-furred hybrid grinned, showing faintly yellowed teeth. And for me, personally -- I am but a poor devotee to those substances, here she extended one finger toward the plant, held it briefly, and allowed it to drop again, which provide a new perspective.

<style>
#erisKiri2 {
}
#erisKiri2 p {
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage {
}
}
#erisKiri2 .txtooc {
#erisKiri2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC

The soft words meant to take away the possibility of her being a threat was stolen away, flattering the dog for understanding true worth in items. The affront quickly faded, replaced by a satisfied grin, the appearance of someone who had just been proved correct. Her knowledge and talents were useful in this area. The small background she had gained with the pack before would be useful now, knowing what they expected from an outsider in manners.

Her eyes glittered at how easily the lands were given to her. A simple request of protection, and she would be able to walk among them. Wouldn't be too difficult to require, as she fought with others often. True, Anathema could give her protection as well, and it was the pack she had bonded with. Amy didn't trust the medic however, and would rather rely on those who she held a contract with to guarantee fair treatment.

The hesitation wasn't surprising. Amy had gained something quite substantial right off the bat after all. Her head dipped courteously at the words, not expecting anything less. That was how she functioned, after all. Nothing would be done unless it was to her advantage, even if it was simply for entertainment. Amy would make sure to provide them with reasons to aid her. They wouldn't be disappointed. Stepping back Amy took a clipping off the plant, something that could be grown if she so wished for it too. Of course. I always deal fairly with those I trade with. They were the only ones who held that claim.

<style>
.fallenangel .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.fallenangel p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fallenangel b {color:#E99B00; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.fallenangel {background-color:#660202; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... ngel-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:335px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-top-right-radius:60px; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fallenangel .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #e99b00; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(--)

The dark-furred woman held out cupped hands to receive the plant clipping, nodding her approval even before she brought it closer to her nose, inhaling of the sweet scents there. She released the breath in a contented sigh, and grinned up at the blonde woman, dipping her head with the words. But of course, she agreed. As does Salsola. With such a lovely sample, we know your intent to be truthful, she proclaimed, all too happy to speak on behalf of the entirety of her pack. What good was a leadership's position if one wasn't the voice of the people, after all?

Now -- where should I call upon you? Will you return to us, or shall I send one of our scouts to treat with you? Though the dark hybrid smelled Anathema upon her fur, she did not know if the blonde woman wished to forge a connection between the marsh pack and the mountain pack, or a more personal alliance. Another thought occurred to the hybrid, and she spoke up once more. Oh -- and of course, what shall I call you? I am Eris, she offered, deciding after a split second of hesitation there was no harm in appending her surname. Eris Eternity.

<style>
#erisKiri2 {
}
#erisKiri2 p {
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage {
}
}
#erisKiri2 .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
Amy's tail wagged, the trade concluded. She had gained everything she had wished for with this simple exchange. She had gained the pack's trust, a leader's confidence, perhaps a key to allow her to enter into the territory and learn it's layout. Perhaps. Respectfully Amy shook her head. There is no need. I will return to the pack with more goods. It takes me time to gather my supplies, and as a traveler there is no guarantee I'll be where I tell you.

Taking the leader's hand Amy shook it firmly, tail high and moving with the firmness of a leader striking a deal. Amy Sunders. It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Eternity. I hope we have many more successful deals in the future. Turning she packed the wagon back up, making sure everything was ready for travel. With it all secured inside Amy inclined her head once more and lead her horse away. A very good trade indeed.
[html]

(--) Archive whenever! ♥

Eris is by Savannah!

The dark woman bowed her head and nodded, understanding well enough. She herself rarely ventured far from Salsola anymore, but one equipped with such means of transport as the wagon and the beasts of burden to pull it were not likely to be so stationary. Of course, she said, the tip of her own tail wagging as she clutched at the plant shaving. She could not help but glance down toward it several times over, smiling with thoughts of its intoxicating smoke. I will see the stars and heavens tonight, she thought to herself.

Her hand was taken up and the coal-furred hybrid had a moment of pause before she understood the gesture and returned the shaking, smiling her snakelike grin all the while. As do I -- we are very well met, the dark woman purred, stepping back as the blonde woman turned to her goods. Eris was quick to disappear into the underbrush thereafter, but she did not entirely depart the area until she was certain Amy was gone. Only then did she retreat toward the ruins, a quick step carrying her and her prize.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]