I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay
[html]
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/ ... utable.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; background-color:#bebfc8; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top: 415px;">

Talk! Think! Walk!

Word Count:563

Woodworking was her passion and her life, even more so in the recent weeks. Ever since her meeting with the Inferni scout she felt the need to create more and more beautiful pieces of art. Even with the two bows she had already crafted, and who knows how many puzzle spheres, she still felt like her selection was lacking. However, her supply of wood had dwindled down to nothing. Long ago, Hotaru had gotten into the habit of always keeping a supply of dry wood around for her to use. However, she had been working so much that her supply had been used up before she even had a chance to replace it. It was time for another adventure into the woods in search for her elusive material.

Even if d'Arte was surrounded by forests, the amount of usable wood was scarce. Most tree's couldn't be used because of their age, size, or built. The wood she needed couldn't be too big, or too small. It had to have no knots or unsightly bulges. Depending on what she was going to carve it needed to be straight or twisted, hard wood or soft wood. Really, at that point in time she was looking for anything she could use. Hotaru had set out early in the morning, the damp air suggested fog and the chill reminded her that the spring season was still very young. Occasionally, a soft crunch would muffle her footsteps as she walked over islands of snow. Fawkes's great wings beat against the air as he flew through the forest. Over the past two years he had learned a little about wood and was able to recognize the traits Hotaru searched for.

Even with a wolf on the ground and a wolf in the sky, it still took several hours for them to find potential material. Fawkes perched high in the tree as his call sounded through the forest, drawing his blind master towards the wood. The thin branch leaned and swayed under his weight, but what Hotaru really wanted was a lower branch, one that was just as thick, but falling off of the tree. It had been broken by something, but most of the wood remained intact. There was even a convenient curl at the end of the branch that would help make it a very handsome walking stick.

Fawkes cooed as Hotaru stepped over the d'Art boarder to examine the tree just beyond the boundary line. Her hands ran along the length of the wood as she inspected every inch. The bottom bart was useless and would have to be cut away, but there was plenty of wood left to make a decent sized staff. Hotaru smiled as dug through her satchel to remove her hatchet. She moved towards the base of the tree, and with great care, began to remove the limb.

Table by Chazza

[/html]
Sorry for shortness x.x

If ever he had a reason to hold a silly stupid grin on his face then it was within him now and burning brightly for his jaw was stretched wide by the smile that resided there. A warmth beat within his chest and flowed throughout his limbs until the male wanted to laugh with sheer joy and sprint off through the trees, race with the eagles and the wind, climb to the highest mountain and howl his happiness to the moon. It was this inner light that had him trotting as quickly as he did, paws swallowing up the distance like it was nothing. He had been training with more and more intensity lately and resultingly muscle now covered his lanky frame transforming him from a skinny stick into a sleek and even more dangerous creature.

The first echoes of Cercatori lingered within his nose and the man pulled himself up short of their borders, he snuffled about almost excitedly as he followed it trying to catch the different scents upon the breeze. He could clearly scent the smell of their leader, Skye, a woman of strong character. Vaguely here and there he caught dots of Orin's scent along with more then a fiar few that he did not know. Last he was aware of Cercatori was a smallish pack so there couldn't bee too many people to respond to his call.

With a final snort the dusty male pulled up his head and called a greeting to whomever was listening, inviting them to come and talk to him, friendliness apparent in his tone. He wanted to know more of the pack of Juliet's birth.
[html]
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/ ... utable.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; background-color:#bebfc8; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top: 415px;">

Talk! Think! Walk!

Word Count:325

Removing the limb was an easy enough task, one Hotaru did with skill and a practiced hand. Even so, the project still took a considerable amount of time due to her inability to see. The blind wolf took extraordinary care with her swings. She didn't want to accidentally hurt herself or damage the wood. Finally, the limb fell and a satisfying crash thundered through the forest. Hotaru smiled as she stooped down to inspect her prize. Luckily, the wood hadn't been damaged in the fall. Carefully, she wrapped her hands around the long piece of wood and lifted it off the ground. Hotaru continued to inspect the branch until an unfamiliar howl broke through the forest.

Red ears swiveled on the blind female's head as she listened to the unfamiliar call. The stranger was not far off from her location, so she managed decided to see who it was. With her higher rank, Hotaru felt that it was important for her to take up more responsibility in the pack. Greeting curious guests at the boarders was something she felt she could handle. Without a word, she leaned her prize against the tree which it had come from and traveled the relatively short distance to where the caller's voice had originated.

Hotaru approached the stranger with a confident air and her tail raise slightly. Her staff waved in slow arcs before her as she walked, although Hotaru didn't rely on its guidance. Fawkes had stayed behind with the wood and her satchel full of tools. He was buys preening himself anyways and couldn't be bothered with a stranger on pack lands. Hotaru had grown into a confident, fiery female who had quickly learned to take care of herself. Besides, he wasn't that far off if danger were to erupt.

"Welcome to Cercatori d'Arte. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hotaru, the Tessitore di Sogno. Might I inquire as to your reasons for visiting our boarders?"

Table by Chazza

[/html]

He fidgeted as he waited, alternating between tapping his foot softly and rolling his shoulders, trying to loosen the tension that had sprung up around him. In the distance birds called to each other, warning of his presence, a wolf amongst them. Their alarm calls were shrill and grated his nerves slightly. He looked around with a pained grimace. As the seconds ticked by with extended slowness he began to have second thoughts about coming here, what if they thought he was a spy and sent him away without telling him anything. He frowned. He hoped that wouldn't happen.

The woman that came towards him was not what he expected, she waved a stick about in front of her and walked with a reserved careful step. She came closer, obviously she was a lot smaller than him, she was a female, there wouldn't be any women taller than he was but she was not especially small even though to him, like most women, she seemed very fragile. Even closer still she walked and it was then that he noticed her eyes, whilst soft and warm in their color, there was an unfocused look to them and there was no quick small movements that were apparent in others, she didn't track him as he shifted his weight from one leg to the other. She was either blind or very poor sighted. Pity for her welled up inside of him and he resisted the urge to try comfort her about it. It would not be very well received he would bet.

But her voice was strong and self assured, defying her disabled nature, her eyes didn't react to his movements but her ears were trained perfectly upon him, and he suspected he wouldn't be able to move without her knowing exactly where he was and where he was moving to. He slowed his speech down and tried to block out most of his accent, his pack mates were used to it but strangers would have a hard time deciphering the strong Scottish brogue.

"'Allo thar Ma'am. I ahm Lorenzo, Ah come from Casa di Cavalieri. I was a-wonderin' if yah would beh kind as tah 'ave a little chat with mahself, about yer pack. Mah friend, Juliet, she cahms from here, and ah was curious yah see, about yer pack."
[html]

Talk! Think! Walk!

Word Count:295

If Hotaru knew that the stranger who had called out to d'Arte pitied her, she would have forgone polite small talk and thrown her staff at him. If there was one thing she hated, it was being pitied. The blind female was well aware of her situation and the tragedy she had taken part it. Hotaru didn't need pity, she didn't want it. She wanted respect and understanding.

Red ears twitched as a thick accent flowed through the darkness. Hotaru was always bad at accents, she could never place them and trying to figure out what those who carried them said was extraordinarily tough for her. Her light tail flicked slightly as she listened carefully, his slow speech made it easier for her to understand the meaning behind his words. Her index finger tapped against the wooden staff as she considered his desires and thought of a reply. Juliet...that was the young female Hotaru had encountered when she first arrived at d'Arte. Their meeting had been...well it ended pleasant. "A pleasure to meet you Lorenzo. I must admit, I am not familiar with Casa di Cavalieri. However, I do recognize the name of the female of whom you speak. It is unfortunate that she and I met only once. How is she doing?"

Giving out information on the pack was always something the grey wolf was reluctant to do. She was unsure as to what information might be sensitive and what might be common knowledge. Hotaru decided to tread lightly and give only basic information. "As for your question about d'Arte. We are a trading pack, most of us specialize in at least one form of art and we use our skills to create wares for the purpose of trading. I myself am a woodcarver."

Table by Chazza

[/html]