[IF] Archery Range and Training
[html]
Inferni Conflict: Archery Range
A big thanks to Shemonster (Alma) for this suggestion!

Quote:

So, I had the idea of Inferni developing an archery unit as a result of the Boreas attack. Since there are many canines who hunt with bows or know some archery, and coyotes are naturally smaller than their wolf cousins (which puts them at a disadvantage in close combat), it seems logical that an archery unit could become the first line of defense for invaders.

It wouldn't do any good, though, if the archers were just standin' on the ground where attackers could get them. So, you'd have to build some perches to shoot from, a bit like hunting stands maybe. The stands will be built in the Forest of Nod and around the Mansion first.

The ones in the forest will be more camouflaged, either by bits of foliage, dyes, sticks or whatnot. They might be as simple as several pieces of wood nailed together with just enough strength to support a coyote. Visually, something like this.

Thread Sign-Up
    Wood Gathering/Chopping:
  • 1. Alma (Thread Leader)
  • 2. Max

• Builders:
  • 1. Myrika (Thread Leader)
  • 2. Alma

• Camoflauge Making/Gathering:
  • 1. Vesper (Thread Leader)
  • 2. Sparrow
  • 3. Ithiel

Archery Unit
Learning to Shoot

Your character doesn't have to already know archery or even have a bow; they just have to be willing to learn. There are bows in Inferni's stores to use for practice, if your character doesn't already have one.

Threads
For those who have no idea how to shoot, we suggest pairing up with a single teacher in order to become confident with the weapon. Please specify your character's current level of skill when signing up--if you use a bow regularly, you would be a master. If you have shot a bow once or twice before, you would be a student.

• 1. Ithiel (Thread Leader) and Wraith
  • 2. Alma (Thread Leader) and Vesper
  • 3. Max (Thread Leader) and Sparrow

The goal would be for the entire unit to practice together in order to draw their bows and release at the same time. These will be broken into several "squads" under the leadership of one master, and alternate positions and watches along Inferni's borders.

• Group One: Ithiel, OPEN, OPEN, OPEN
  • Group Two: Alma, OPEN, OPEN, OPEN
  • Group Three: Max, OPEN, OPEN, OPEN

[/html]
Ithiel be a master; he can be a dick of a squadron leader? ;3 He can also do any of the construction things: he is not a builder, but can listen very well, if someone instructs him on what to do. Otherwise, wood gathering or camo is fine. Whatever!

The same goes for Myrika -- she can build, gather, or halps with camo. She won't be learning to shoot in this, though. <3
I guess Alma would qualify as a master. I think I owe a few people some teaching threads, but I've forgotten who they are. I'm not sure I'd want her leading a squad, though, because she has so little actual combat experience.

She's also good for wood-chopping or building.
Vesper can gather camouflage Big Grin

She can also be a student. <33 I'll just assume Ithiel/Zeke/whoever gave her some pointers before or something, not sure how our thread'll go; she'll at least have the motivation to learn for once in her life.
I think I'd like to have Wraith be a student, but is it okay if I wait until my exams are over to start participating in the plot? ^^; I'm done on the 24th :p
Sparrow the professional knot tier could possibly lend a hand with making the camouflage? But she'll be utterly useless for the other things; physical labor isn't her strongest suit. n u n''

She'll also be willing to learn how to use a bow and arrow. Her skill level: never touched a bow in her life. But, she'll catch on quickly, so training won't be too awful for her to understand. Big Grin
Max can be a teacher and will chop wood. Because he is so manly. :> Ezekiel will not be assisting because he is doing other things and what-not.

I've edited in some teaching pairings and leaders for the other threads. These are still open, but feel free to start them whenever!
@Tammi: I have no problem waiting to start Wraith/Ithiel! If it works for you, why don't you just start whenever you're ready? <3
Super! Thanks for waiting on me. c:
Shem you know Emma will do whatever, maybe we can have a seperate thread? Pm me, I'm getting too our threads either tonight or tomorrow, been out of town. Sad
[html]Builders thread is up![/html]
Camouflage thread is up. :3
Erm. Should we be cutting down Inferni's trees, or getting them from the nearby Dampwoods? Because I er... figure Inferni might want those trees, since if we cut them down Inferni's archers will have less to hide behind.

Forgot to ask D:
Sascha can be a student for archery and he can help with chopping/collecting wood? Smile
QUOTE (Alma @ Apr 16 2012, 11:39 AM)
Erm. Should we be cutting down Inferni's trees, or getting them from the nearby Dampwoods? Because I er... figure Inferni might want those trees, since if we cut them down Inferni's archers will have less to hide behind.

Forgot to ask D: [/quote]
Dampwoods, I'd think! There are plenty of trees there, and with the horses, stuff can always get hauled back. :3
Yup, and Max has permission to use Oblak for labor. Given her size they can haul a lot of larger pieces of wood. :>
Ah, good.

Also, I think Alma can teach Sascha too since raze wants to wait until she has less threads before we start hers. Although... Alma not knowing how to read might make communicating difficult.

EDIT: Woodcutting thread is up!
Zana has a thing for climbing trees so she will help build things in the tress.

As for shooting a bow.. with her size she would have to have one made specially since she lost her old bow a long time ago..
QUOTE (Alma @ Apr 17 2012, 04:55 AM)
Ah, good.

Also, I think Alma can teach Sascha too since raze wants to wait until she has less threads before we start hers. Although... Alma not knowing how to read might make communicating difficult.

EDIT: Woodcutting thread is up! [/quote]
He's very visual and he can also use gestures since he's had to do that some times with others. That could help some :3
Omni's a master and could probably teach, or cut trees and stuff... Well, whatever she's needed for, I bet she can try