practice makes perfect
[html]

+3! anyone interested? lol

Octavious thought that it was about time to do something with his new rank of Abigor. Having always been keen on carrying lots of junk around with him wherever he went, he thought it would be a good idea to make a bag of some sort. In his tiny gave, which he’d been making bigger with small tools stolen from around the pack lands, he had stashed thread and needles. Now he just needed to find material to sew together. Something strong, that could hold weight without splitting or wearing thin in a short amount of time…

Grabbing the needles and thread, the boy dashed through the small ‘door’, which was nearly too small for his body, and ran through the pitch black halls that he knew so well. Once he got to his mother’s rooms, he listened and sniffed around a bit before entering; making sure that she wasn’t near. Naniko had lots of stuff lying around her cave, things that she never used and probably never even looked at. Octa began poking around, lifting this and that, looking here and there, trying to find the perfect material for his first project.

Finally a flash of color caught his eye, buried beneath some soft skins. Grabbing the edge of the fabric, he pulled slowly, revealing a long square piece of dark red material. It looked to be weaved, the threads thick and strong, but it was soft at the same time. Grinning happily, he rolled it up and then grabbed a slightly ratty deer skin, one that had been discarded off to the side of the room, hopefully not to be missed. All of it was rolled up int the deer skin as he snuck out of Nani’s room and scampered down the halls again, moving back to his little sanctuary in the darkness.

<style type="text/css">
.octa1cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#e4cebb; text-shadow:#130c06 1px 1px 2px;}
.octa1cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.octa1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#432a1a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/esKrU.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #342013; padding:276px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9d765f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.octa1cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.octa1cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.octa1cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
((Somebody just inspired me to choose a skill. LOL And sorry for the little PP, if you'd like it changed, let me know?))

While being a warrior was what he knew he would be good at, he really wanted to better himself at the thing he always scoffed at in the D'Artisian pack. But then, they had been focused on the art where he wanted to focus on the utility. He wanted to replace the chair he had destroyed in the house he was working on. He used spare wood to carve the pieces, using the shattered frame of the older one as a template. Where he couldn't tell how the humans had held theirs together, he was using wooden pegs. He had made a much smaller chair, one that would be good, no, perfect for the pups his mate was now carrying.

Pups. The carving he was doing on what was the arms of the chair fell to his lap, along with the whittling knife. He was going to be a father. Away from the comfort of his mate, the insecurities he'd never admit to came rushing back. Would he be able to protect them, these pups she carried? Or would he end up like Taliesin, running away from the danger that killed half the family?

He set the tools down, standing. He needed to take a break, needed to get out for a bit. He lifted his pack, which contained his special jerky and the black pelt, on which he'd gotten the skin side of the pelt to be a smooth and buttery finish. His intent was to take the pelt of the shadow wolf to his secret alcove. Instead, as he was walking hurriedly, he literally ran into a pack mate. His hackles lifted as he tried to recover from the sudden stop.
[html]

+3! yay! Big Grin

Though Octavius prided himself on knowing the dark halls by heart, he often ran into pack mates and the walls. As he trotted through the darkness on two legs, easily the size of a smaller full grown male, he failed to hear another coming along. Suddenly, another frame smacked right into him, larger and heavily muscled, causing the young white male to stumble backwards and fall on his backside. All of his materials tumbled from his arms and scattered over the floor, causing him to sigh and rub at his face. Without even looking up to see who he had smacked into, the boy began collecting his things back into a ball.

I’m really sorry…didn’t hear you coming and it’s pretty dark in here… Groaning softly, he stood and rubbed at his back and legs with one hand before straightening up and looking at the other male. A frown pulled at his mouth as he took in the sight before him, and he took a small step forward, hand out in an offering of peace. You aren’t hurt, are you? I’m so sorry… Once again he was shaking his head, pulling his bundle closer to his chest and hunching over a little. Octavius hated making people mad, unless they deserved to be messed with of course. However, he didn’t even know this man, so there was no reason at all for him to want to antagonize him.

I’m Octavius Poer de Angelo…Naniko’s son, who are you? Shifting nervously, he ran a hand back over his short, but growing, hair. He noticed the bristling from the other make and stepped back a bit, hoping that there would be no real anger or grudges held for such a small accident. I really am sorry…was just heading back to my room to work on this new project, wasn’t really paying enough attention.

<style type="text/css">
.octa1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#432a1a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/esKrU.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #342013; padding:276px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9d765f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Call me weird, but I just envisioned these two having a weird bromance. LOL

After ensuring his gear was unharmed he straightened, crossing his arms. Cold amber eyes watched the younger male, some kind of disdain and laughter mingling in the shimmering optics. "The halls ain't that dark, Octavius. Just gotta watch where your going. And no, a little guy like you ain't gonna put the hurt on me." At that, he did smile, though it was somehow lacking in the eyes, one of those little symptoms that would tell volumes about his mental illness to those who knew and understood such things.

After a moment, he unfurled his arms, reaching out to clap the boy on the shoulder. "Nah. No harm done. I'm Liam. My mate and I joined back in January. So you create, huh? Least I'm guessing so from the arm load of stuff there."

He shrugged, as if saying it didn't matter if his guess was wrong. "I'm kinda tinkerin' in that direction, too. I'm aiming more at the furniture aspect. See, I broke a chair, an' I was tryin' to figure out how to make one for us shifters. Seems like mosta the human stuff just ain't good enough. I'm also workin' on rebuildin' a house too. You any good?" It wasn't quite his way, to ease into a conversation so easilly, but the butterflies were held at bay mostly, and running into this white wolf was a good omen.

<style type="text/css">
.vcliamhellno b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.vcliamhellno p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.vcliamhellno {margin:0 auto; width:401px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i40.tinypic.com/20aqqro.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0c0; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 210px 0px 4px 4px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]
[html]

+3! that would be interesting. oh, and octa is almost Liam's height, just skinnier.

The look in the man’s eyes made Octavius shift from foot to foot nervously, despite the smile pulling at his dark colored lips. Something about his demeanor was just…not very friendly as a whole. However much the man made him nervous though, the boy refused to be rude and take off without any more words. He felt as if making more friends within the pack was a must. His mother was the queen, after all, he had a responsibility to help her in any way he could. If that meant being nice to those that he was afraid of, he’d do it in a heartbeat…besides that Amy woman, he couldn’t stand her at all.

A large, meaty hand reached out and thumped him on the shoulder as Liam spoke about becoming a crafter as well. This caused the boy’s eyes to light up and his head tilt to the side with curiosity. Words of the humans’, creatures who had lived before the walking canines, building caused his ears to lift fully. The dark man was right, human stuff wasn’t very well suited for the Luperci’s to use constantly. It was all old and rotting, and the construction was usually not made for their body types. These things could be remedied of course, but it took crafters to do the remedying.

Finally the white one smiled and nodded slowly, looking down at the things in his arms. I’ve not done much building…a bit in the gardens and that is it. However I know how to find stable wood and tools, and I can ask my mother where you can get other supplies easily… Octavius loved helping people, it gave him a chance to learn new things and to study how others worked. If this Liam could teach him anything, the boy would gladly take it, without a fuss at all.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]