Symbols, origin, family
[html]
<style>
#ulilohi {width:90%; margin:10px auto; border:0; font-family: arial, sans-serif;}
#ulilohi p {padding:0; text-indent:0;}
#ulilohi p.wc {text-align:right;}
</style>

Ohai ;> Powerplaying Claudius a little as she allowed me to do so :3

Dated: April 20 (Ulilohi is off on her spiritual journey until the day before, so has to be! I hope this is okay :3)

She had made her way to Claudius first: Io's den was closer to home, and besides, she wanted a few words with the pale male before that anyway. Safely tucked into her blue shawl, which was now strapped on her back, was what appeared to be two long sticks or spears. They were, in fact, spears, and she had not brought them along for nothing. Atisia sat on her shoulder, keeping his balance with ease. His species often climbed trees, or so she thought, and his tail tickled her sometimes as he twisted it automatically to keep his center. He seemed entirely unaffected by her movements, and he had not spoken all day. His weight was a bit unfamiliar, but she was beginning to get used to the mix of his and her own scent every day. They had not spoken much, and the trek home had been made largely in silence, though she had asked him some questions that she had been dying to find answers to. Life was not less demanding of her, and she was constantly reminded of her shortcomings, but she did feel less alone about it. Paired with Claudius' promise to help, things were looking up, though she didn't dare say that aloud.

The two made their way to Io's den, chatting along the way. Ulilohi quite proudly introduced Claudius to her Guide, who subsequently nodded without a word and just stared at him, as he liked to do. It didn't take too long until they were closing in on Io's home, and as soon as they were within reach of her hearing, Ulilohi announced their coming. It was a quiet and calm call of no words, and if Io was not in her home but close by, she would still be made aware of their arrival. Neither of them had any idea what she wanted, and she was quite amused at the idea.

[/html]
[html]

Io's guide is visible and audible atm ^^ also kinda short >.<

Word Count → 000

She waited outside her den. Though at the time it hadn't really been waiting because she didn't know she was being sought after. But it was more because her den wasn't large enough to accommodate a large bovine, even a spiritual one. Io sat silently, leaning against the exterior of the crudely, yet still well crafted, den. The Wisent stood nearby, statue like and impressive for all believers to see. A soft breeze moved the beast's thick, shaggy locks of pelt, a snort coming from the creature as it huff the dark brown strands from it's eye line. 'We have visitors...' he said, turning to his ward. 'Who?' she asked tiredly, risking from her sitting position and stretching her body. 'Ulilohi' Wojciech answered flatly, as if unimpressed, though he rarely sounded excited about anything. Io on the other hand smiled, feeling chosen being searched for by the tribe leader.

'Morning' she greeted steadily, eyes drifting over to the pot in front of her den that she'd quite forgotten about. It'd be fine while she spoke, after all it was slowly boiling beef and didn't take much tending to. 'What can I do for you?' asked politely, stepping forward with the Wisent by her side. 'Morning' he echoed deeply, looking through the almost black fringe of his.

<style>
.io-t52 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.io-t52 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.io-t52 b {color:#17211E; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.io-t52 {background-color:#BBD0CB; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/13aka.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #D9F4FD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B4E48; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.io-t52-border {width:479px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.io-t52 .inner {margin:10px 10px 120px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.io-t52 .wordcount {color:#17211E; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #3B4E48; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>
#ulilohi {width:90%; margin:10px auto; border:0; font-family: arial, sans-serif;}
</style>

Oh my, I wrote as if Io was male. Sorry! I've edited my post >< Atisiais visible and audible as well.

Before, Ulilohi would likely have felt somewhat intimidated by the female's guide. He kept a fierce and impressive form, and in that sense he was much more present than her own guide. But now that she had found her companion and mentor, she was simply too proud of it to be influenced by the other's guide. This was a hole that was mending, and while her relationship with the marten was still forming (and slowly, because he really could be chattier), she felt belonging, for once, in this tribe. The large brown female dipped her head in greeting as Io welcomed her, and the scents of cooking meat reached Ulilohi's nostrils, filling her mind with thoughts of food. But her focus was clear, and she was gazing at Io, glancing to the Guide when he, too, greeted them. "I came to speak with you —both of you, in fact," she said, gesturing towards Claudius. "Greetings." Atisia interrupted, his voice like a parent who was making a point of his interruption. "Apologies, this is Atisia," Ulilohi elaborated, gesturing towards her rodent friend, sitting on her shoulder. He nodded, pleased with being included in the conversation, but said nothing more. The brown woman continued after a moment. "I thought— well, after some advice... I wanted to greet you better, Io. Sort of properly, if you will." Ulilohi glanced to Claudius. The situation was for him, too, but that wasn't a greeting at all. He'd been here longer than the councilwoman, so it'd be very strange and potentially insulting.

[/html]
[html]

again, rather short >.<

Word Count → 000

Reddish ears perked up silently, 'Me?' she questioned with wide eyes, but recollected herself swiftly enough. While she didn't mean to exclude Claudius from her words her surprise really only included herself. For she could think of a plethora of things Ulilohi would want to speak to Claudius about, after all he'd been here longer than either of the females and had a guide before both of them either. But Io herself, couldn't fathom why she'd been called upon. 'Whatever for?' she questioned casually. As Ulilohi introduced her own guide the enormous creature beside her step forward, causing dry earth to cluster around his hooves. 'This is Wojciech' Io introduced her the guide with a gaze towards him as he dipped his head down, saying nothing.

'Ahh' Io hummed as her question was answered, 'Yes. I am sorry I wasn't particularly sociable when we last encountered each other' she apologised, unsure if Magda had explained about what had gone on. No doubt she had, always he her paws in every pie. The Wisent beside her huffed in unison, not all to fond of the elder creature. She didn't believe in AniWaya's ways and he wasn't so sure Io would have either.

<style>
.io-t52 {background-color:#BBD0CB; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/13aka.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #D9F4FD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B4E48; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.io-t52 .inner {margin:10px 10px 120px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.io-t52 .wordcount {color:#17211E; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #3B4E48; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
[/html]Claudius hadn’t met Io yet, so when Ulilohi had told him that she wanted to speak to both himself and the other woman, Claudius was glad to have the opportunity. Once they arrived at Io’s den, she emerged with her spirit guide in tow. He was a massive, hulking animal and Claudius recognized it as a cousin to the prey that roamed the lands far west of here. Claudius knew his spirit guide, Gerenuk, was around somewhere, but they didn’t interact much. Gerenuk understood Claudius’ desire for solitude and privacy, so they only saw one another upon occasion. Although he always heeded his spirit guide’s advice, it was not often he sought it.

After Io appeared, Ulilohi’s spirit guide had mind to introduce itself. Claudius smiled to himself, wondering if the spirit guide had gotten impatient. It wasn’t likely—from what he could tell, they didn’t feel emotions like that as much as wolves did. It probably just wanted to introduce itself, plain and simple.

Ulilohi explained the purpose of her visit and Io responded about not being very sociable. Claudius wondered if she was like himself, avoiding contact out of choice or perhaps for some other reason.

Since Ulilohi had not addressed him directly, he remained quiet, biding his time to find words, when necessary. [html]
[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

Io expressed regret for her behavior when they last met, and Ulilohi remembered questioning her firmly when she and her aunt appeared on their borders. Still, the councilwoman interpreted Io's saying so as much an apology as a humorous comment, and she giggled lightly and made a hand movement as if to say that that aspect of their prior meeting was of little significance. "Ah, well never mind the past encounters — it is the present that matters. I came bearing a gift really, for you both—" she interrupted herself and glanced to Claudius as well, while she reached back into her shawl to produce two wooden spears, stone-tipped and painted. "—to welcome you into our tribe, Io. And to give you both a piece of the Great Tribe, I suppose." The spears had been brought from the Great Tribe, and were well crafted, durable and highly usable for both hunting or war. Even if they did not decide to use it, it was a beautiful piece. "They are crafted by a known Master Weapons Craftsman in the Great Tribe, and I took some with me coming here. I suppose it is only fair that I am not the only one to hold such treasures, even if neither of you have seen the place." Or, perhaps exactly because neither of them had seen the place. Who was Ulilohi to keep all of it to herself? She smiled as she watched them with anticipation. She was jealous of the treasures, now theirs. They were very beautiful, especially to a warrior like herself.

#---

[/html]
[html]

again, rather short >.<

Word Count → 000

Yet again, ruddy ears perked up and a confused look crossed the hybrid's face. 'A... A gift?' she stumbled over the word, read to question what she'd done to receive a gift but it was already answered before she had time to question. The red and white hybrid out stretched her arm to take the spear, thin digits traced the edges in brief wonder. Remembering the work her father did back in Cesarski fondly, and feeling a slight pang of compassion and want as she remembered the only parent that actually bothered to spend time with her. Io frowned softly and shook her head lightly, returning to the conversation at hand with a gentle inaudible prompt from Wojciech. 'Thank you...' she mused, still gazing at the delicate swirls in the wood. Flicking her silver gaze up, she regarded Ulilohi with a gentle grin.

'Well...' Io hummed gently, looking down to the cooking pot beside her. 'Can I tempt either of you with a piece of meat? A small thank you?' It was unlikely she'd eat the whole thing herself and before she took her share and threw the leftovers to the birds she assumed it would be more polite to over it up to her tribe mates. The hybrid woman stood with her spear at her side, it seemed a natural thing to have it in her hand and it looked natural too.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
[/html]Claudius watched quietly as the two women interacted. He wasn’t too sure what to make of it since he didn’t know to which event they referred, but it seemed as though Io felt bad about something (and Ulilohi didn’t seem to mind). She moved past whatever it was with a breezy attitude that immediately made Claudius feel more at ease. When others were comfortable, he tended to feel less anxious. Just knowing someone else was feeling all right always made social situations that much more bearable.

He widened his eyes in surprise when Ulilohi explained that she had a gift for him. He had wondered why she’d carried the spears on her back for so long, but he hadn’t thought that one of them would be for him. When she procured the weapons, Claudius’ eyes grew even wider as he took in their craftsmanship. They were beautifully made and Claudius envied the skill of the weapons maker. Ulilohi explained that they deserved to know the beauty of the Great Tribe and Claudius nodded numbly, unsure of how to express his thanks. It seemed as though Io was just as flabbergasted, too. The woman took the spear and traced it with her finger, in as much awe as Claudius was. Claudius then reached out to accept the spear as well, eyeing the impeccable fine detail and the sharpness of the rock spearhead. Io’s profession of thanks prompted Claudius to offer his own, which he did so quietly, glancing from Ulilohi, to Io, and then back again. He was too overwhelmed to say much else.

When Io offered him some meat, Claudius shook his head politely. “Nuh-no, no tha-ank you. I-I’ve no-o-othing to-o be tha-a-anked for,” he explained. But he turned to Ulilohi and gestured with his one hand for her to take something. “I-it wa-a-as all… Uli… l-luh-lohi’s… doing.”[html]
[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

She handed them the two spears gently. She had omitted her explanation go Claudius, but offered it as they were looking the gifts over. "Claudius, you've been raised here, and yet I as almost a stranger hold more items of our culture than you. I felt it was more than appropriate that you should have a keepsake as a symbol of your part and being in this tribe." The spears were well crafted -- she had initially thought to keep them for herself, being a warrior, but she saw now that it was not right to keep these things to herself. It was something brought along for her mission to this tribe, and not necessarily hers in that sense. It was better the items could bring joy to more people than few. It was hard to let them go, but she would not use them either. What would she do with 6-7 spears lying around, some of them as pretty as these? They were pride objects, more than anything else. Baubles. She had enough baubles already, anyway. Smiling at their gestures of awe and thanks, Ulilohi nodded decisively as she spoke. "I am glad you like them!" Io offered her a piece of food as thanks, and the councilwoman was not one to reject a bite when offered. Especially not one she had not fetched or hunted herself! "I wouldn't mind a bite, Io, thank you." Besides, it would not be respectful to reject such an offer. Atisia gave a little cluck of approval on her right shoulder and Ulilohi smiled to herself; it was one of the sounds he could make that she appreciated.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count & OCC→ 000/

Of course, at Claudius' babbling the hybrid woman shook her head, 'And just because I owe thanks to Ulilohi means that you do not deserve a bite to eat?' she questioned with a gentle smile. 'Well, if you are sure' Io concluded kindly, brushing her fringe away from her eye line. It was shorter, and more layered as of recently. The long sweeping look maybe have appeared attractive and noble, but it was a bitch to keep clean and so Io had had no qualms about hacking the bulk of it off with her knife. It had been a quick, and albeit rather messy job but it was much better than cleaning it everyday. Especially now she was tending the animals everyday, which in itself was messy. It also meat it was easier to keep the pair of raven feathers in her hair. Which reminded her, she had a red and white pair of feathers to add to this when she could.

Turning herself back to the spear, she let her fingers trace it yet again, 'Like is a slight understatement...' the white and scarlet hybrid woman mused. It was indeed beautiful, but as the time was filled with silence Io shook her head and smile, 'Please, don't let me keep you if you need to be somewhere else'. Io understood that, as a council member, she was likely to have things to do.

<style>
.galcrown-04 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:url();background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.galcrown-04 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:center;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.galcrown-04 .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.galcrown-04 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.galcrown-04 p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.galcrown-04 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.galcrown-04 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.galcrown-04 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
Omg Claudius is dying.
[html]
[/html]Claudius immediately found his face begin to heat up when Ulilohi addressed it. He knew that there were ways to graciously accept praise from others, but he hadn’t found it yet. So, when she acknowledged his longevity in the tribe and explained her intentions for giving him the spear, he had to do his best not to look away in embarrassment.

He was quiet as Ulilohi took the offered food from Io, not wanting to impose upon them. He already felt bad for having Io worry for his sake. Even though his instincts told him to take the food--to eat his fill lest there not be another time to eat--he didn’t want to inconvenience her if she wanted some, or if he ate too much and then embarrassed himself. At the same time, he couldn’t remember if it was rude to decline food or to accept it without protest. One of them felt too humanistic than the other, while simply eating food felt natural, right, and wolfish. Even though he’d lived his entire life in AniWaya, he still struggled with some social conventions.

“I--” he began, but stopped. He tried to breathe, but his heart felt like it was racing. He was in no mood to speak. So if just shook his head with a mournful expression. He held his hands out in front of him with his fingers splayed in a gesture of hopelessness. “I-I-I... I... wuh... I...” he stammered, but he knew he was too agitated to actually say anything of value. Embarrassed, he just looked away, wishing he could disappear. [html]
[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

Io's admiration of the handiwork pleased Ulilohi to see, and she very nearly gave a chuckle at Claudius' embarrassment, but knew that it could only exacerbate his awkwardness in the current situation. Instead, the councilwoman found herself to contently chew away at her treat, partaking in the conversation as if nothing was out of the ordinary. Atisia seemed pleased enough with this reaction and said nothing, to Ulilohi's relief. She was still learning to know him, and already she had noticed his tendency to bluntness. "I have time to spend with you awhile," she said in response to Io. "One of my primary goals today was to catch you both at a convenient time, for this gift." She spoke casually about her duties. Was it her duty to bring gifts to the members of her own tribe? Ulilohi did not fully understand, but she felt that it was in fact her duty. At least, it was not her duty to ignore her tribe's members, so clearly... some kind of interaction was required. She would rather the interactions be dominated by good-hearted conversation and respect, than having the occasional interaction limited to disciplinary matters. The latter kind of leadership would certainly not be an enriching one. Besides, she meant what she said to them, anyway.

Nibbling her piece of meat, she casually leaned over towards Claudius and traced the pattern on the spear he held. "The Master Weapons Craftsman made this out to reflect the four sacred directtions; east, west, north and south. Can you see them in the pattern?" The giantess had long cast the idea that she might ever craft something like this away. She knew her strengths, and they were not in the aesthetics. Though, that did not mean she failed to recognize pretty things.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count & OCC→ 000/

Io paid little attention to Claudius aside from a gentle glance and a (hopefully) reassuring glance, before moving onto her conversation with Ulilohi. 'Well, I suppose this is as good a time as any. I am afraid I may have slackened on my duties today' she said, laughing softly, 'But as long as I have managed to fill my time with something else, then it is not a waste of time'. She brushed a strand of her fringe back and sighed again, chewing on the remainder of her own portion off meat.

When Ulilohi leaned over to regard Claudius, Io leaned in took, though not as imposingly so. Just enough to see where the elder tribeswoman was tracing. Ulilohi had more reason to point out such things to the craftsman, as a master of the weapons crafting tier had built it. But still Io found interest enough to lean in to listen and watch. Without saying anything she nodded and sat back up straight. Wojciech moved in close behind Io, coming to regard the items for himself. First he lowered his head to hang near Io's own, gazing towards her own spear, before he flicked his gaze to the craftsman's own. 'They are indeed wonderful items' the Wisent concluded gently, a surprising thing for such a large creature.

<style>
.galcrown-04 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:url();background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.galcrown-04 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:center;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.galcrown-04 .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.galcrown-04 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.galcrown-04 p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.galcrown-04 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.galcrown-04 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.galcrown-04 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
[/html]Claudius slowly began to edge his feet away so that he might slip away from the conversation. He paused when Ulilohi explained that she had hoped to find them – both of them – to give them their gifts. He quietly nodded in thanks, but said nothing in response, as he had nothing to add. Io said that she had been slacking in her duties, and Claudius, ever the conservative, found himself bristling a little. She had just admitted to being lazy in front of the Councilwoman! He wasn’t sure what to make of that. It did not seem to be something to which one would readily admit.

He flinched when Ulilohi leaned over near him and touched the spear. He hadn’t anticipated her doing that, so the surprise movement startled him. Of course, he didn’t mind, so once he understood what she was trying to do, he didn’t move anymore.

He nodded when she pointed out the four directions in the spear. They were very well carved and he could clearly see the four lines drawn across the wood. Even Io’s hulking spirit guide seemed to agree. Thankfully, Claudius’ own spirit guide was nowhere to be seen. The long-legged gerenuk had a very trying personality and although Claudius valued his opinions, he preferred to be left alone.

He returned his attention to the shaft of the spear, which seemed to be the current matter at hand. He could see that the lines had been traced with many tools: some with thinner blades than others. It was quite fascinating and he wondered what sorts of tools they had used. Bone, stone, or something else? There were many possibilities. [html]
[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

Ulilohi giggled at Io's little confession, fully supporting the need to sometimes slack at duties. The past moons, well... all the moons since she came here, really, had been trying to the female. There were times she too longed to simply run away from it, and times she nearly had done just that, only stopping to turn back around well on her way out of the territory. Dirty secrets. But forgiveness for Io's "sin" was not difficult to find in Ulilohi's heart. "There are other duties than those of physical labour. It is also a duty to answer the call of a councilwoman -- thus, you are fulfilling your duties right now!" she said playfully, offering a consolidation both to the bi-colored female, and Claudius, who appeared to be somewhat uncomfortable.

The pale male was tense and seemed only quietly interested in the craftsmanship as she pointed it to him, and she looked at him puzzled for a brief moment. Her thought was interrupted, however, as the giant guide of Io's spoke out, his voice as impressive as his form, and Ulilohi drew her breath in sharply, listening. "Wado, Wojciech," she said, his name flowing awkwardly off her tongue. "I am certain the craftsman would be greatly honored if he could hear you say this." She dipped his head in respect for the creature, saying no more. And the silence was not so uncomfortable either, at least not to her. Guides were very different when it came to how often they would speak to someone not their charge, but Ulilohi always considered it an honor to be spoken to.

[/html]
[html]
Shaadkasd

'Well,' Io said, her accent vibrating through the foreign words, 'I am glad I am truly doing my duties then. I would hate to been seen being lazy and doing nothing when there are things to be done, after all'. She noticed Claudius tense up, but said nothing. Io was not one to lie and pretend she was doing well. She accepted most of her faults readily and was not ashamed to admit then in front of her leader. After all Io was sure it would make someone a better person to admit their downfalls.

'I am still trying to occupy my time with building the coops and area for that Llama thing and the fowl. And the doves, of course...' she trailed off, thinking for a moment if she'd overloaded herself just a little too much. Either way... 'Either way it is coming along well, perfectly in fact. Especially alongside the agriculture work'.

The large, beastly spirit guide nodded his great head. He knew how different guides could be but he himself would never hold himself from speaking to others when he felt the need to. 'I should think so too. They have deserved my kind words after all...' he said, the thick fur on his head moving as he spoke.

<style>#kae-lights b {color:#EBA102;}</style>[/html]
Claudius has been really shy this thread, but now he's speaking up! Haha. 364.
[html]
[/html]Claudius was surprised to hear Ulilohi agree with Io. He had thought that, as a member of the original tribe, she would be more traditional than this. Enabling Io’s confessions of poor work ethic did not sound very traditional, and although Claudius felt bad for thinking so poorly of Io, he also thought that Ulilohi was being rather progressive. Perhaps he believed so staunchly in the ways of the tribe because he had known no other life: because Noir’s death had bound him most irrevocably to this tribe. He was glad, though, but still though that Ulilohi was giving Io a lot of leeway. Of course, he would never voice this in front of them: he was traditional to a fault and would not wish to appear rude to his host. The AniWayan code of ethics was too thickly engrained in his mind.

Ulilohi then addressed Io’s spirit guide, which Claudius had—somehow—not heard. Thinking back, he recalled hearing someone say that the items were quite wonderful and he was quite certain that he had nodded in agreement. Perhaps he had only done so mentally. He wondered who had crafted these items. For the first time, he wished that he might be able to visit the old tribe to meet this craftsman. If he could ever be this skilled, he would be very thankful. He nodded as well, glancing at the spirit guide and hoping that he had not offended him.

When Io spoke up again about building chicken coops, Claudius perked up his ears. He was always interested in new building projects in the tribe and building a coop sounded like a very good idea. He knew that AniWaya had a few chickens, but many had fallen prey to other creatures in the past years. Her guide seemed to think that she was doing well because he offered his own praise.

“I-i-is a-a-anyo-one he-e-elping yuh-you with thi-i-is? I-i-it suh-sounds like… a vuh-very good… puh-project fuh-for the tuh-tribe,” he said. He tried his best to catch Io’s gaze as an almost-apology for thinking so poorly of her earlier. Although he stood by his thoughts, he did not want her to think him rude. [html]
[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

Io expressed a want not to be productive with her time, and to that the councilwoman could only smile. "Ah, well I suppose we're all in luck then; there is always something to be done, right?" She spoke playfully, moving her hand towards Claudius and indicating both that leadership was a hardship, and in general that life had enough tasks to offer: she barely had time to be bored. In fact, most of the time Ulilohi spent doing anything, she was not doing them for fun. It seemed forever since she had re-braided her hair, for instance.

Io explained her work with their birds' housing and the councilwoman leaned forward, interested. Claudius, too, seemed eager to learn of this. He had already voiced the question she had thought of, and so she waited the answer, keeping a pose that clearly indicated her interest.

The guide spoke again, and Ulilhoi silently dipped her head in great respect for the creature, as well as with agreement. She would make sure to tell the next messenger of his praise, and her own praise as well. It was no small feat, to have made these objects. She only wished she could wield them, although she respected Cour des Miracle's superiority too much to disobey them by training. At some point, though, surely the time would come that they could train warriors again, and she had a spear tucked away for when that day came.

[/html]
[html]
Short ;-;

'Yes' Io agreed softly, 'Plenty to do. Especially with animals to care for'. It was a daily job after all. Animals were living things and prefered to be fed everyday. The chickens were her favourite. They always would be. And while she was fond of the horses, they were too smart, and Io was off putted by that to some extent. The chickens were idiotic creatures as far as Io was concerned. And that was the way she was most comfortable with. After all who would want to be around something that could understand high speech but not speak it.

She turned to Claudius to answer his question, but move herself so she face both leaders equally. 'No. Not as of yet. Though I would be welcome to aid, after all it would only make the work less and construction faster' she answered softly, catching his gaze and smiling in response.

<style>#kae-lights b {color:#EBA102;}</style>[/html]
[html]
[/html] Claudius was quiet at Ulilohi's comment; he agreed, but had nothing to add. He smiled when Io pointed out that tending to the animals was a daily task. As an animal himself, Claudius understood how this could be so. Although he was neither too fond of the horses or the cows, especially after one of them had terrified him as a child, he understood their importance. AniWaya placed much value on production in addition to their hunting and gathering. In general, he wasn't sure how to respond to Io and he didn't feel comfortable around her yet, so he didn't add anything to that conversation. He was content listening because then there was less of a chance that he would embarrass himself more than he'd already done.

When Io explained that she was the only one working on the coop, he frowned. As a craftsman, she should have notified him; it was his job after all, and he took his role in the tribe very seriously.

"Wuh-well, if yuh-you wuh-would lu-like... some huh-help... Si-i-mcha... or I wuh-would be-e... glad tuh-to... assist you," he replied.[html]
[/html]