the woods are lovely, dark and deep
[html]

This is occurring in Hollow's Ruin's, in the afternoon, on April 14. :-D Anyone is feel to come in and stare at Sparrow as she talks to a bird. Btw, don't be afraid of this wall of text; just felt very babbly.

Ever since she made the vow to Vesper that she would become loyal to Inferni, Sparrow felt that her soul was attached to something, not just her physical being. It was an odd feeling to her, and as she walked northwest from Grimwell, dwelling near the system of caves that Vesper showed her, she thought about this attachment from an outsider’s view. When she lived back with Marcel, she felt no fellowship with his pack, just empty faces that did not care for the daughter of the dark wolf. But, this clan was different; her sister was here for starters, and others whom seem to be okay, since Vesper seemed to like them enough to be one of their own. She did not know if it was her pathetic mind giving relief that she was protected, sheltered, dependent yet again in this supposed palladium that was giving her this out worldly emotion, but, given her state, it was probably so, and detested how some parts of her acted against with her will. Instead, she hoped that the feeling meant that she wanted to be a part of Inferni, and that her attempts to make herself better would show the clan that she wanted to contribute her own piece to them, not to sit in a corner and let them be her meat shield to the world.

While she pondered about her motivations for joining Inferni, she was not paying much attention where her feet were leading her. She intended to visit the fields of wildflowers she saw when skirting the borders yesterday, but because of her wandering mind, her sense of direction became unimportant. When Sparrow became aware of her surroundings, she realized that she came to an outcropping of trees, a draping of mist somewhat veiling the wood like supple material. For some reason, she was not scared of these woods—these were Infernian woods, Vesper’s woods, her woods—and found them eerily calming. The squawking of some birds could be heard, so she was not totally alone when she stepped further into the mist.

Sparrow felt as if she was walking on the edge of a dream, stepping into a realm where the waking world came to a stop, but yet her mind was floating away, and she gave into the comfort. It felt so strange, that she wondered if she even awoke that morning at all, and her spirit decided to leave her body to haunt these peaceful copses. But, she knew it was real, never believing in such things to happen, much less to herself. Her feet pressed against soft ground, water meeting her toes from the snow melt. She became lost, though not physically; even if her nose suddenly stopped working, her mind would be able to recall every detail that led her to this place. She was lost in the peace, as if the mist hid her worries, her ghosts, and her past. She was nothing in this forest but another creature lurking in its fog. No confusion was here, and she felt nothing but a numb happiness.

A flutter of feathers disturbed her thoughts, or lack thereof, and turned to see a black, rather large bird land upon a skeletal branch that was a couple of feet off the ground. It stared at the fawn with bright eyes, and she automatically knew this creature was intelligent, if to some degree. “Greetings,” she murmured, walking towards the raven slowly, as to not to spook it. It was obviously not afraid of her, just staring curiously at her, as if it knew she was new to the clan. “My name is Sparrow… I just came here to visit. Is this your home?” The raven just cawed, as if that was an answer enough. Her eyes narrowed a bit, wondering if the thing truly knew what she just said and was attempting to give a reply in turn.

<style type="text/css">
.sparraze1 .space {width:290px; height:280px; float:left;}
.sparraze1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#812a0a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#70593e 1px 1px 2px;}
.sparraze1 p.ooc {text-size:12; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.sparraze1 p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.sparraze1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sparraze1 {margin:0px auto; width:98%; min-width:500px; text-align:justify; max-width:730px; background-color:#ecdcb5; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/uEg2h.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #70593e; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-size:12px; color:#70593e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:georgia; border-top-left-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
She was a strange thing, the pygmy of the clan. While she hated most of the creatures that dwelt in the trees of the clan lands she was more like them than she would ever admit. The tiny woman slide through the large elder branches of the trees with ease, listening to the cackles and caws of the ravens overhead and below as she slipped to and fro through the limbs that formed a skybridge above the world she knew.

Zana's belly was beginning to show a slight plumpness to it but the woman had ignored it like she ignored so many other things. Her actions of moving through the upper levels of the woods came to an end at the sound of a voice, and not the raw voice of a raven, but the softer tones of a canine, and one she didn't know. The small woman quietly slide down from the branches she was perched on to sit where she could actually see the woman below. She blinked once or twice as she realized the woman was talking to the raven, but it didn't seem as though she was actually talking to the bird.

Another of the ravens swooped down to perch on Zana's shoulder and back, the woman growled softly for the bird was large enough to take up a good portion of her shoulder and trail down her back but she ignored that for now as she ran a finger down the creature's spine as she spoke up. "Why hello Sparrow..." She was not a bird nor were these trees her home, but she knew them well enough, the ravens and the treetops they lived in.
[html]

Sparrow is the only person in the Luperci world to be afraid of a pygmy, I believe. |-:
EDIT: Opps, I forgot to mention, I was wondering if this thread could lead them on to talk about the wolves attacking Inferni?

The raven seemed to be distracted by something, which Sparrow caught the hint of. But, she thought it may have been staring at one of its brethren or something of the like, and continued to inspect the bird. So busy inspecting the creature that she did not hear the soft growls, nor took notice of the signs of another’s presences. It was not until she spoke did the fawn realized she was not alone as she would have thought, and frozen in place when her voice reached her large ears. Though she felt tense, she quickly whipped around a moment later, yellow eyes as big as suns as she took in the small Luperci.

The first thought that came to mind escaped her lips, “H-how do you know my name?” A moment later she realized that she had just said it aloud a minute ago when she was… talking to the bird. For a moment, she became nervous, hoping that the miniature woman did not think of her as childish, or worse, mad. But, more pressing matters presented themselves than concerning about the Luperci’s outlook on her, and stared frightfully like a deer in headlights.

The woman was not normal—she was smaller than even she by a long shot, and though that was the only difference about them, Sparrow found herself terrified by that fact. It was too weird for her, and quickly made the assumption that she somehow stepped out of Inferni, that she was mistaken and walked into some cursed woods. And the woman must be some sort of—what, a witch? No… She did have that sort of air about her, but the bird that perched on her shoulder did not help with that judgment. Nonetheless, the fawn shrank before her, ears pinning against her head, arms wrapping around her torso as if in attempt to protect herself.

“W-who… are you?”

<style type="text/css">
.sparraze1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#812a0a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#70593e 1px 1px 2px;}
.sparraze1 p.ooc {text-size:12; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.sparraze1 {margin:0px auto; width:98%; min-width:500px; text-align:justify; max-width:730px; background-color:#ecdcb5; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/uEg2h.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #70593e; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-size:12px; color:#70593e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:georgia; border-top-left-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
ooc: That is fine. Smile

Zana had seen all sorts of reactions to her tiny stature but she had not been prepared for what this younger soul threw at her. Fear of the tiny woman was not common, or at least others hid it well if they did, but it was viewed in the pygmies eyes that the woman before her that she saw Zana for what the tiny creature believed she was, a freak. Her ears pressed back slightly as the foolish creature before her asked how she knew her name. Zana would have been stunned if she hadn't believed the girl addle already. She growled softly at the stranger, the hormones talking as she spat. "Idiot. Were you not just talking to the ravens of who you were.." Her eyes flared in color for a second, her blood boiling, but the emotions didn't last long as the raven who had perched upon her arched spine began to preen her mane.

The small woman calmed quickly under the effects of the bird, her eyes narrowing as she watched the youth below her a moment. Her temper evaporated but she still was slightly offended by the way of the yearling. Her voice was gruff but she didn't ignore the other as she gave her name. "I'm Zana.. I can probably assume you are new to the clan, no?" she asked as she shifted her weight from one side to the other before reaching back to run a finger along the raven's wings softly.

Her eyes flicked back to the other as she called down. "I won't bite you know.. not hard.."
[html]

Out of Character text

The words lashed at Sparrow, and though they were not as severe as she had once heard, she still took it to heart. “I-I’m sorry…” she murmured, making her voice loud enough to be heard, but it was obvious that she found this situation extremely uncomfortable. “I, um, did not know that you were… there. It just surprised me that you heard it… I guess.” The fawn was unsure that she explained herself right, but it was the best she could do. She did not often make excuses, since she usually took what was thrown at her, but she felt the need to defend herself from the small woman, even if it was a small attempt.

“Zana…” she repeated her name, out of habit so that she could remember the name better. It was not like she had a terrible memory—no, it was quite the opposite. To repeat a name helped Sparrow remember the entire better, to make sure it would be stocked in her vast noggin. It seemed that the female was a clan member, or otherwise it would be questionable why she was in the territory, so it became important to Sparrow that she’d remember her title, especially since she made a bad impression.

“And yes… I’m new, just joined yesterday.” She was quite for a moment, and continued further, “And, like I said a moment ago, I am Sparrow,” she felt the need to properly introduce herself, despite the moment of confusion that occurred, “Vesper’s—um, I mean, the Optio’s, sibling.” She was unsure if she should refer to her sister by her rank or name, and always seemed to fumble with both when talking about her.

“…O-okay.” She was unsure about Zana’s meaning, but inched closer towards the tree in which the russet woman perched, the raven staring curiously after her, oblivious to the tension they had just shared. Again, the fawn was lost for words, and the first thing that came to mind was what she spoke of, “I actually thought you were one of those wolves when you first spoke… The ones that have been bothering Inferni.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
The small woman stayed quiet as the other creature prattled on. She wasn't going to stop her in the process of making a fool of herself nor was she going to assist or hinder her along the way. The tiny coyote hybrid did snort in disbelief when the woman expressed to her that she was Vesper's younger sister. She glanced the young creature over, not certain if she really believed her but not commenting further on the subject. Vesper would probably mention sooner or later the addition to her family being within the lands if she really wanted other to know. Zana was so use to family being part of the clan that it didn't matter either way to her really.

When the other admitted though that she had believed her to be one of the wolves that had been pestering the clan she raised a brow and asked. "Do I look like I could do much hounding upon anything in these lands?" Her words were dry and humorless as she watched the other woman, waiting to see what type of humors she would withdraw from the poor beast in regards to the words that Zana was faking as an insult. She normally didn't play with the newcomers to the clan so.. but it was so rare that they took such awkward stance to her presence, though she was truly use to it by now.
[html]

ooc here.

Sparrow found that she was frowning as the small woman was in disbelief about her relations to Vesper. If anything, she was offended—of course, the small, stuttering soul seemed to be completely cut from different cloth from the proud woman that was the Optio. But, despite their distance and differences, the mottled female was honored to have her as a family member, and did not wish others to think folly when she spoke of their relation. Yet, she did not feel the confidence to defend herself, and remained silent, and her expression stayed the same besides the grimace.

At Zana’s words, she did have to think. When she first had heard her, she had expected a towering wolf than a small hybrid up in a tree, though she found both equally as disturbing. But, apparently, the bright woman wanted an answer, and Sparrow did not wish to spite her. “W-well… You can’t account for appearances. Giants can fall before ants if they are not careful enough.” She hoped this answer was satisfactory enough for Zana, but she was unsure. The words she spoke though were her honest opinion though; size should not be the deciding factor for a person’s capabilities. She certainly did not underestimate the Lykoi, and still in fact was intimidated by her.

“You did a pretty good job on s-sneaking up on me, though. If I was an enemy, I wouldn’t have saw anything coming,” she added, though she did not intend to compliment her, unknowing if she liked comments or not. But, it was too late to take it back, and could only wait and see if she had gained Zana’s favor.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]