Rain on Me
[html]

Words – 200+

The rain had very nearly died away by the time the two wolves were up. Abbadon didn’t seem to care for the weather at all and Jaden actually didn’t mind being a little wet too much himself. He could stand it with a warm body by his side. Thana complemented him as he watched her big animal lumber away. He smiled happily and reached out to her. Why, thank you, he chuckled with embarrassment as fixed the coat so it was nice and strait on her.

When he finished, she began to walk and he followed her lead. They fell into a comfortable stroll when the woman asked him a question. A new pack? He answered, No, I don’t think so. A dear friend of mine needs me around while some things settle in one of the northern packs, Ichika no-Hoen, but I won’t stay too long. His “dear friend” was the new leader of a nearly broken pack. The details outlined why it was such a serious engagement, but he told her like he might just be standing around and watching for trouble. He liked Thana but he doubted she cared about the specific little drama’s he had to deal with. Do you have any plans for pack life?

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e92a3; letter-spacing:1px}
.jadenlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Jaden smiled and chuckled a little at her compliment, seeming a little embarrassed. He reached out and straightened his coat on her shoulders. He was sweet, something she wasn’t particularly used to. Somehow she still felt some sort of connection to him. Perhaps it was because of their similar past. It couldn’t be because they were both assassins, Thana tended to be weary of other’s like her, yet she was so comfortable around him and willing to tell him things about her nearly no one knew. Did she have feelings for him already? It certainly seemed possible.

Thana listened quietly as he spoke about his friend needing his help. She was curious what was wrong but wasn’t going to be rude by asking. It was his life and she wouldn’t prod. If he was willing to tell her, she would allow him to do it himself. She simply nodded before speaking. I see, well I’m sorry things aren’t going too well for your friend. I’m sure you would be able to help though. When asked if she had any plans for pack life, Thana’s expression quickly turned into a frown. No. I tend to not trust others easily, so unless I already knew one of the leaders It isn’t likely I would even consider joining a pack.

<style>
.thanawoods .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.thanawoods p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.thanawoods b {color:#0B614B; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.thanawoods {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... hana-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:360px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5F877D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.thanawoods-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.thanawoods .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #0B614B; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Words – 200+

Thana was unlike anyone Jaden had ever met since leaving Alaska. Wolves in this territory who had training usually walked around with their tails high and their teeth bared, ready to fight should any little need arise. She seemed gentle. A deceiving quality like this in a killer was usually a useful tool but if it was an act, he couldn’t see through it. If she hadn’t the scars and muscles to prove it, he would have never guessed her to have gone through so much. He wished his body were not so battered so he could ask her to a spar and test her skills for himself.

Their walk continued pleasantly and answers to the man’s questions came easily. The concern she showed for his friend made him smile. They were kind words for someone the other assassin knew no at all. He certainly hoped he could help her. She was the only friend he truly had anymore. Her reasons for not wanting to live in a pack were very solid too. If the man hadn’t owed Ichika a great debt, he probably would have never joined a pack. That is understandable. He granted, I wouldn’t join a pack whose leader was a stranger to me. The pause between questions was short for he had plenty to ask, And what type of training do you have? How is it you prefer to fight?

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

She noticed the smile on Jaden’s face when she spoke of his friend. I would offer to help you with your friend as well, but they more than likely wouldn’t trust me enough to help. She didn’t know why she was saying that but she did mean it. Thana seemed willing to help Jaden with anything he needed. It wasn’t often that she would be so willing for another, up until that point it had only been her friend Dhiate.

He agreed with her, saying he wouldn’t join a pack if he didn’t know the leader. There wasn’t much of a pause before he asked her another question. She gave him a glance with a small smile on her face. Hand-to-hand combat, fighting with blades and daggers, mastered throwing knives, and a few others. I suppose I prefer hand-to –hand combat. Perhaps, once you’re injuries have healed, we can have a little sparring match. Test each other’s abilities. I’m interested to see how it would turn out. She looked over at him with a smirk on her face. What type of weapon do you prefer to use?

<style>
.thanawoods {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... hana-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:360px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5F877D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.thanawoods .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #0B614B; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Words – 300+

Even before the question was done exiting maw, the Alaskan was wondering how he might ask it when it inevitably found its way back at him. There were a good assortment of skills he could choose from and most he could do quite well. He was an archer, a bladesman, somewhat of a leathersmith, knew how to brew poisons and make cures for common ailments and loved to cook. That last one and a few of the other noncombat skills would be left out, but he was fairly certain he wouldn’t look like a fool.

There isn’t enough trouble to call for two trained killers, He smiled at her warmly, but thank you for offering. If I ever need a fellow blade, I know where to look. He thought the woman looked like she could handler herself alright but such an extensive list of skills was still a little shocking. He was jealous of throwing knives because it was something he wanted to learn how to do but hadn’t had the chance yet. I prefer my bow and arrows. Unfortunately, he lifted his left bicep and put indicated with one finger a small pink scar where the fur was missing, It broke while I was using it last. He also indicated to a similar size and shaped hole on his thigh. It hadn’t just broken in his grasp, it had been kicked by a rather skilled hand to hand fighter. She had also given him the neat bite scar on his pectoral. But these, again, were unnecessary details that would have distracted from their conversation. I can use daggers, can fight with my hands, and have a nice pair of metal gauntlets I use when I get the chance. I’d like to have a little sparring match, though I think your right about waiting. I’ll need all my strength.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

She smiled and chuckled a little at his comment. No, there really wouldn’t be a need for two trained killers. It wasn’t very often that that would be the case. She looked down at his scars and felt bad that he had been injured in such a way. They seemed to be healing pretty well though. A smile crossed her face when he mentioned their match again. Yes, we should wait for the match. I’m sure we will meet again. Hopefully soon. She was in front of him then and had stopped walking, leaving very little space between them. Her flirtatious tone was obvious as she backed up again, moving over to Abbadon. She pulled out a throwing knife and held it out to him. So you can practice until we meet again. Thana slid onto the stallions back and gave Jaden a final smile before taking off into the trees. She knew they would meet again, she would make sure they would.

<style>
</style>
[/html]