under the northern star.
[html]This morning was picture perfect, quiet, warm, the spring scents hanging in the air lightly. A light breeze rustled the leaves budding from the branches of the damp woods and caressed the blossoms that littered the spongy forest floor. The sun hung in the sky quietly, only making it's presence known from the light and warmth it provided, these lazy rays pouring all over the land and aiding in the spring plant growth. It was a beautiful time to be in souls, and the inky female that stood beneath the branches had chosen wisely, missing the winter altogether.

She was seating on the mossy ground, her back against a tree and her gaze focused on the clearing around her, drinking up the details of her surroundings. Her black warhorse, Valhalla stood at the edge of the clearing opposite from his warrior maiden, munching on the fresh sweet grass that was found near the trees. The only sounds that entered the clear were the trilling and singing of songbirds a his crunching, the hulking white male to her left completely silent as well, concentrating on his leatherwork. It was a simple piece, a smooth mother of pearl-esque stone was the stone she wanted him to use with the Tyr norse rune carved into it's middle carefully and painted black.

Curiously she watched him work, first carving a hole through the top of the stone that the thin but tough leather cord would be ran through and tied as to form a necklace. Next he picked through his bag and fished out a thin paintbrush that he dipped in the small black paint jar and ran through the carving, outlining the upwards arrow that symbolized the one-handed warrior god, a sign that warmed her heart and reminded her of home. " Det er vakre.. "The ebony mistress whispered to him, placing a slender skeleton-esque hand on his should and smiling at him from his side.

Though she did not beat her slave often - she never had to, he still was ruled by her touch. If he disobeyed her she did not speak to him or touch him, and her touch and words were what the white monster craved most. At times you could almost explain their relationship as a partnership rather then a slave and his mistress, but those times were few and far apart. He melted under her touch and smiled brazenly at his mistress, lowering his gaze quickly to finish the piece to add to their tradeable collection. Standing up quickly, her gait was smooth and fluid as she walked to a pile of travel bags and picked out her throwing knives and her bow and arrows from the pile.

It was time to train, the female always kept up a grueling schedule and now was not the time to quit. First, she began to practice with her throwing knives, picking out targets and flinging her weapons at them, the deadly flying weapons embedding themselves into various tree trunks.[/html]
[html]

Spring
Just out of reach

Once again, she had been attacked by that luperci dog. Another had also joined in on the torture with but one purpose in mind, to change Kiara forever. The past several days Kiara had spent in agony. Yet another mar to her beautiful coat had been added, making her old injuries seem like nothing. A very large, very painful wound stretched down her shoulder in the distinct shape of rune, although its meaning was unknown to the white female.

The worst part of the attack wasn't her new scars, or her renewed fear for knives. It was the intentions behind her scars. The two luperci had deliberately infected Kiara with the virus. They had cut her open for the purpose of changing her into one of them. For three days the arctic wolf had holed herself up in her den, not daring to emerge from the underground home. She had waited, and waited for her first shift, yet the urge to change never came. As the days rolled by, her mental agony increased. When would she be forced to change? When would she become a full fledged luperci? Nearly a week had gone by, yet she felt nothing out of the ordinary. Finally, Kiara had been forced out of hiding by the cries of her puppies. They were hungry, and her milk was not enough to sustain their appetites.

Each step sent a fresh wave of dull pain through her shoulder. Her injuries weren't as bad as before. The bleeding had stopped, but the scabs were still fresh and sore. Kiara moved through the forest and reluctantly out of the safety of Ichika. She needed to find game, but she couldn't hunt the large prey that could be found in her valley. Instead, Kiara set her sights on smaller, easier prey. The Dampwoods were the perfect place for the injured mother to find small rodents. They hid in the underbrush, and she could easily gorge herself on the small creatures. After eating nearly two dozen rodents of various species, the arctic wolf started on collecting food for her puppies. She filled her jaws with several small mammals before she turned around to start her trek back to Ichika.

Just as the young mother started on her journey home, the scent of an unfamiliar coywolf caught her attention. Kiara paused, not sure how she wanted to proceed. The arctic wolf had just about had it with luperci, although she was sure she would soon join their ranks. The feme shifted uneasily as she thought intensely about a potential meeting. May of the infected had a strange habit of carrying around extra food. Kiara could potentially trade the rodents that she had stuffed into her jaw for larger game, like a rabbit. Tentatively, she moved towards the origin of the canine scent. It wasn't long before she detected the presence of another and soon both loners came into view.

A dagger flashed through the air and Kiara stopped dead in her tracks. Her heart began to race as her sapphire eyes were drawn towards the weapons. Fear gripped at Kiara's chest and froze her in place. Her eyes became wide saucers and her tail was tucked firmly between her legs. Panic overwhelmed the female, but she was unable to leave, unable to move as fear froze her muscles and rooted her to the earth. Silently she watched as the black and white coywolf threw another dagger, while her mind screamed at her to run.

WC: 616

template by revo, modifications by Bria. <3

[/html]
[html]

Alessandra Von Sin,
Still my heart slowly beats. Sometimes life gets complicated, Still the world around me sleeps.

A satisfied smile broke out onto her maw as each of her targets were hit more or less exactly where she had meant them to. Throwing knives were easy, archery was easy, it was hand to hand combat that she was still learning and mastering. Instead of being perched in a tree or on a horse riding from a distance you had to be completely and utterly in tune with your body, and someone else's body too. She sometimes trained with Max, but he was her slave and she suspected more often then not that he was holding off on her, holding her in her mistress position and not wanting to damage what he viewed as a terribly deadly, but delicate flower. She had no time for the fluff of being a flower, she was a hardened, trained warrior. It was time to act on this and join the ranks where she was needed.

Being a lone was boring and not fun, they hadn't met anything they could fight or protect, and Alessandra was growing restless. Training only went so far. The female stepped forward, unclothed and unhindered by her mask on this day, her inky feet crossing the grassy threshold to where her knives landed. The mossy ground felt nice on her feet, spongy and cool. It was perfect for hand to hand combat. Slightly annoyed at Max for his lack of co-operation she stormed over to a tree and plucked her knives out of the tough trunk and held them in her hands, suddenly distracted from her training. A peculiar scent floated through the trees and caught her attention immediately, her nose wrinkling as she inhaled it's sweet notes. This was a scent she knew well, and she smiled before following the trail floating towards her.

Her soft steps did not carry her far before she happened upon a white wolf in lupus form. The woman was frozen in place, eyes wide and fear painted all over her face. Alessandra frowned at her, why was she afraid? She smelled of pups, and the snowy female in front of her had to be a fresh mother, right? The inky female would never harm such a being, she held an especially soft spot in her heart for mothers and pups and this dame in front of her was no exception. Raising an eyebrow, she stepped forward and inched her way closer to the female, keeping her expression smiling. " Hello. Why do you look afraid? " She asked pleasantly, her throwing knives held loosely in her hands. Of course she had no intention of using them on the white woman in front of her, but assumptions could be made.

word count - 000. ooc - RAMBLE RAMBLE RAMBLE

template by revo, image by ems. <3
[/html]
[html]

Spring
Just out of reach

Wide sapphire eyes watched as the inky coywolf approached, her frightening appearance only added to Kiara's fear. A wolf skull adorned her head and in her hands were those interments of pain, their metallic scent and sharp curves made the arctic wolf's blood run cold. Her ears pressed into her skull as her fluffy tail sought refuged beneath her body. To make matters worse the midnight female with moonlight hair moved closer to Kiara. For several terrifying moments the young mother couldn't move, could barely breathe. The black silhouette was replaced with Amy's terrible form as she approached with her knives ready to carve Kiara into little pieces.

Soft words floated towards Kiara, but her brain didn't register them. Even her pleasant demeanor and expressions were drowned by the arctic female's paranoia. She only saw the knives. Instinctively, the alabaster female flattened herself to the ground. Slowly she backed up but winced as her shoulder protested the movement. She brought her leg up to ease the pressure on her wound, her snowshoe paw held only an inch or two off the ground as she stared up at the hulking luperici. To Kaira, all luperci were massive. Their large optime bodies towered over her small lupus bound frame and their hands gave them an unfair advantage over her.

Black lips pulled back to reveal deadly canines, but no sound came from her. Kiara was the epitome of fear, of a powerful predator cornered and unable to do anything about it. She hadn't given up on life, but she didn't know how to handle such an adversary. How could she fight something that held fangs in their paws and in their mouths? Kiara was at an extreme disadvantage, but she wasn't ready to completely give up.

WC: 294

[/html]
[html]

Alessandra Von Sin,
Still my heart slowly beats. Sometimes life gets complicated, Still the world around me sleeps.

The dark woman watched with raised eyebrows at the wolf below her, what the hell was wrong with her? Obviously Alessandra wasn't going to cause any harm to the poor girl. Snorting out her annoyance she dropped her throwing knives to the ground and approached the snowy female closer. " Listen to me. I'm not going to hurt you. " She said, her voice stern. On any other day with any other person Less would have lost her patience by now and a fight would have ensued, but she refused to hurt a new mother that was seemingly defenseless. Was this how she always act when faced with a threat? Clucking her tongue and shaking her head she watched the unchanged wolf, not sure what to do.

" Why are you so afraid? " The shadow asked, expecting and answer promptly. Was the snow wolf a naturally fearful creature, or had someone made her this way. With the infection that caused Luperci, the world had changed. No longer were wolf packs proud and regal, using dominance and submission to fairly rule. If a pack member were punished, it was because they deserved so. No, now days there were Luperci who simply waited by the roadside to etch fear into whomever passed by. The world was infected with them, just as it was with this virus. This, the dark woman supposed, was also true of her.

word count - 503. ooc - RAMBLE RAMBLE RAMBLE

[/html]
[html]

Spring
Just out of reach

The shadow wolf's stern voice scolded Kiara as her knives dropped to the ground. The arctic female's sapphire gaze followed the knives as they fell to the ground and she winced as the knives began to ring when the hit the earth. Kiara shied away, her body reacting and instinctively protecting her injured shoulder. The black luperci towered over her, but the knives were on the ground where they could do no damage. Even so, Kiara was still nervous. Their very presence made her want to scream and turn tail. Thanks to Amy, the young mother had developed a deep rooted fear of knives, although her fear wasn't entirely unreasonable.

Curiosity slowly began to outweigh fear, and the white wolf began to uncoil herself. Her tail slackened and hung loose behind her while her ears slowly moved from her skull to the side. The dark stranger asked for the origin if Kiara's fears and her eyes flicked down to the daggers. "Why shouldn't I be afraid when you tower over me and come at me with knives?" It was a bold move on her part, but somewhere in Kiara's subconscious she was angry. She was angry that Amy had so easily beaten her, not once, but twice. Kiara hated the fact that her single form would soon be taken from her and that the change had been forced on her.

More than anger though, Kiara was afraid. If she couldn't protect herself, how was she supposed to protect her puppies? Ichika no Ho-en was falling, their members diminished every week and the snow wolf was afraid that soon her only protection would be lost. She had no mate and couldn't even fend off a single luperci. Kiara wanted to learn how to fight, but had no one to teach her.

WC: 300

[/html]
[html]

Alessandra Von Sin,

The woman listened, a frown passing over her features. " I wasn't coming to hurt you. You can't assume that every luperci with knives is going to hurt you.. Though I would probably assume the same thing if one approached me.. However you must read into body language. Us canines operate on it, my posture is non threatening and therefore I am not. " Came her stiff reply, blue eyes resting on the others. Narrowing her gaze, Alessandra kneeled down in front of the snowy wolfess. She did not miss the scar on the others shoulder, it looked fresh. " Where did you get that scar? Was it self-inflicted or did somebody do it for you.. unwillingly. " Her voice was gruff, the expression on her face matching.

In an annoyed manner, her tail twitched behind her. The idea of hurting a mother was utterly repulsive to her, and if someone had indeed hurt the wolf in front of her Alessandra would not be amused. " If you are so put off by someone towering over you, why wouldn't you shift to be on the same level then? " Her tone was more thoughtful here.

word count - 503. ooc - RAMBLE RAMBLE RAMBLE

[/html]
[html]

Spring
Just out of reach

The giant black luperci spoke as if she was chiding a puppy. Kiara snorted, her mood quickly falling as fear was replaced with hesitant anger. There was nothing non-threatening about the midnight female. Her face was adorned with a wolf's skull and her strange paws had held knives. Kiara had every right to be afraid of the other, especially because she was so much smaller and injured to boot. The arctic female was sorely tempted to point out the inconstancy of the other's looks and words, however she decided that one injury was more than enough to bear. "I'm sorry for assuming." Kiara's voice was soft and a little reluctant, but there was some sincerity in her words.

Surprise mixed with anxiety flooded the female as the dark female bent down to Kiara's level. The only other luperci who did that was Vesper, and Vesper had once been a non-shifter like Kiara. No, that wasn't entirely correct. Kiara would soon become a luperci herself, a day that the snowy female dreaded. The sudden closeness made the scarred female look down at her paws. "I met a dog." Kiara was reluctant to go into details, especially with a stranger who was anything but non-threatening. Despite her reluctance to speak, the pained note in her voice made everything clear. She had been ruthlessly attacked, the memory still fresh and sore like the scar she wore.

Kiara's chest tightened as the midnight female asked why she didn't just shift. Without thinking, the snowy female spit out, "Because I can't." Although she wasn't lying, that truth would soon be a lie. Amy had infected Kiara so she would be forced to shift eventually.

WC: 279

[/html]
[html]

(000)

less is by sie.

With a tight frown pulled across her face Alessandra listened to the snowy females words and growled as her thoughts were confirmed. She moved away and sat down, looking thoughtfully at Kiara. " Why did they hurt you, did you try to defend yourself? " Alessandra practically hissed the words out, the tone of her voice contrasting the look on her face. " I have no respect for luperci that injure mothers, weather or not you instigated it. " Her tone softened as well as her expression as she glanced at Kiara again, noting the fear in her stance. She could tell already the other woman probably didn't put up much of a fight, not if she allowed herself to be branded in such a way. " If you don't know how to fight.. I will teach you. Even if you do, I want you to show me so I can see what level you are operating at. "

With these words she stood up and stalked away from the female, grabbing the knives off of the ground and holding them loosely in her hand. If the female was a non-shifter that was alright, Alessandra would just have to shift to she was in lupus form as well. Entering the clearing the ebony mistress moved towards Max and handed him the knives for cleaning and upkeep, then began shifting beside Valhalla. It took a few moments, but the changes in her body were quick and precise and soon she was in the same form as the snowy wolf. It was almost unnatural for her to be in this form and she shook out her fur and then shook her head as well, trying to get used to the feeling of being on all four paws. To her pleasure the nameless wolfess had followed her to the clearing, and she sat down expectantly, waiting to hear the others answers.

<style>
#ithielSie {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Spring
Just out of reach

It was question after question with the strange looking female. She practically grilled Kiara, trying to get her to talk about the incident that left her with even more scars than before. The arctic female shook her head and stared at her paws. "I don't know why they would hurt me, and fighting... fighting was useless. I'm a hunter, I don't know how to fight against others." Kiara could chase down rabbits and fish, or kill a bison skillfully with a pack. But killing prey and fighting against canines were completely different stories. Canines, especially the luperci, had different weaknesses. They moved differently from prey and weren't always sick like prey.

The other's words made Kiara look up suddenly, her mouth hung open as she tried to wrap her mind around what was being said. Not only was the other siding with her, a perfect stranger, but also the black wolf offered to teach her how to fight. What was Kiara supposed to say to that? It was a dream come true, but at the same time the prospect was frightening. On top of her fear was the fact that the arctic wolf was injured. She didn't want to stress her shoulder more than she had too.

As the young mother debated whether or not she should take the shadow wolf up on her offer, the other grabbed her knives and walked away. Without really knowing why, Kiara followed the other at a distance. Her movements were cautious and her body was alert for any signs of trouble. However, they didn't come and soon the other was in her lupus form. Kiara sat down at the edge of the clearing and waited. What would she learn?

The black female didn't disappoint in her lesson. It was grueling and tough, but by the end of the day Kiara had learned invaluable fighting tactics. To show for her struggle, Kiara received another necklace and her wound had reopened. Even so, the young mother was glad that the fates had been so kind to her. Kiara had learned how to defend her family and a new fire burned in Kiara's eyes.

WC: 357

[/html]