take my spirit from my open hand.
ooc; yay shortness. sorry. Tongue

The day was beautiful, and as the yearling sat on a large rocky outcropping jutting out of the shores of the shattered coast she felt at peace, something that seemingly hadn't been since the boreas fights. If there had been anything more since a few weeks ago, she hadn't heard, but the rest she had gained was good and almost all of her injuries were healed now due to her constant upkeep on them. Thankfully she hadn't kept any scars on her face, the ones she had kept were only from her first fight. Long but thin scars marked her chest in an X shape, usually she just ruffled her chest fur to hide them or wear the wooden necklaces she had taken to making to draw attention away from them.

The worst scar was a thick, wide scar on her right thigh, and this one was still healing though it was almost done, and for now it was wrapped with a bandage with her daggers tucked into a leather garter holder for them strapped overtop so that it looked like she simply used it for padding, as if the leader was too rough on her fur. There was nothing she could do about the scar on her back though, it followed down the middle of her back all the way from her neck to the ending of her spine and it stuck out badly, the pinkness contrasting the dark stripe she had down her back. She found these scars embarressing and did not enjoy talking about them, her beauty marred by careless wolves.

The woman raised her hand to her chest and ruffled the fur there, wishing she had brought her necklaces with her. Her mis-matched gaze fell to the ocean rocks before her and she stood up and climbed to a lower set of rocks that were being lapped at gently by the cold, salty seas, bright eyes seeking some colorful starfish that she could dry out and bring home with her.
[html]

WC: 448 // have a totally creepy stalker-Coli! xD

The Sugarwoods had proved to be an interesting place, both with the plants she had found and harvested, and the strange soul she had encountered. But eventually Colibri found herself drifting again, leaving the trees in favor of the southern coastline. She had always thought of herself as more of a forest wolf than anything else, loving the verdant canopy above her and the quiet leaves all around. But lately, it seemed as though the rocky cliffs and jagged stone were all that called to her anymore. She did not have a home, and as a loner, it felt safer to continuously move between the territories rather than linger near a pack and risk being harmed by them. Mountains and cliffs were harsh and unforgiving, but at least she could be by herself there, drowning out her thoughts with the crashing ocean and winds.

That was her plan, at least, although it was soon obvious to the slim werewolf that she was not alone here. A glimmer of gold caught in the sunlight -- a flaxen figure was moving delicately by the shoreline, deftly climbing closer to the shallows. Coli set her ears back with a frown; she did not want to disturb anyone, lest they belong to the nearby Cour des Miracles. But a moment's observation made her curious. Even from a distance, the stranger seemed so feminine; not just her long hair, but the grace with which she moved, the slender curve to her tawny frame. Her ears, though, they were too long to be that of a wolf -- she must be a coyote, at least in part.

Intrigued, Coli padded lightly over the rocky beach, taking care to make her approach as stealthy as she could. The salty sea air was masking the scent of the coywolf, and she wanted to know what she was doing so far south from Inferni. She shivered, remembering the last time she had been close to coyotes -- they had not treated her kindly, and she had repaid their cruelty in full. Still, she would be the first to admit that one's heritage did not predetermine one's personality; that would be highly hypocritical for the daughter of a serial killer. A twinge of jealousy made her catch her breath as she peered over the rocky outcrop, gazing down at this canine picking through the shallow tides. She was so young! And her appearance was so vibrant, especially in contrast to Coli's drab muddy-brown fur and weary, gaunt countenance. A perverse little part of her wanted to ruin this girl, just for being so pretty and having her whole life ahead of her, all the possibilities she had squandered.

[/html]
Crisp sea air blew through her blonde hair and stung her eyes, and blinking rapidly the coywolf rubbed at her mis-matched orbs gently, trying to get rid of the brief irritation. She did not notice the brown wolf lingering behind her, watching her. If she did she might have been uncomfortable, but for the moment she slowly swung herself lower in between two rocks, disappearing momentarily from the sights of the other from her vantage point. Her feet made deep imprints in the wet sand, and she knelt down and examined the rocks carefully. They were sopping wet from the retreating tide, and were host to a few different colors of starfish and shells.

Readjusting her shoulder bag, she pried at one of the starfish, a bright fushia colored creature. It took some tugging and pulling, but she finally got the damn thing off and she snorted in triumph, strangely pleased with such a simple defeat over an equally simple minded animal. Her tail wagged in secret behind her, and with the bright starfish in one hand she scooped up a couple of big shells and stuffed them greedily into her leather shoulder bag. The starfish wouldn't be able to put in her bag until it was completely dried out or it would rot and ruin the other things she kept in there. Standing up, she carefully moved with one hand as support up the side of one rock and into the sun again, now catching sight of another form.

The yearling wondered how long she had be standing there, but wasn't overly concerned so she shrugged it off and waved the chocolate coated woman with a toothy grin adorning her face. Now that she had some time to recover from the attacks slowly she was becoming more like her old self, though she had aged in a certain way.
[html]

OoC: This is short but I didn't want to make you wait any longer... :>

Colibri watched intently as the youth moved about, suddenly dropping below her line of sight. She frowned, waiting impatiently to see where the girl had slipped off to. Perhaps she had been noticed after all, and this was a ploy to sneak behind her? Her bobtail flicked back and forth, counting off the moments that passed. Wait, there she was! Coli flinched as the pretty girl's upturned face turned directly to her, and her presence was a secret no more. She tensed up, ready to run for the forest.

Then, to her surprise, she was greeted with a warm smile and a friendly wave. It felt like a lifetime ago that anyone had met her with such openness, no suspicion or aggression or any negativity at all. Coli quickly raised her own hand to return the gesture, feeling guilty for having been so cynical toward the yearling. Maybe she really was just an innocent beachcomber. Coli stepped forward from behind the rock, letting the warm sunlight illuminate her features. "Hello... I was just curious about what you were doing down there... Wanted to dip your paws in?" she offered, blue eyes peering at the shoulder bag.

[/html]
[html]

(000)

ems is by nat.

ooc; slight pp, lemme know if it's not okay.

Her friendly gesture was returned quickly and this pleased the mottled woman, her grin growing wider as she scrambled up the rest of the rock quickly. The chocolate-hued dame approached her and Emma's eyes widened, taking in her rich brown tones. It may have been drab to the other female, but as the sun illuminated her coat and the contrasting cream underside she was filled with appreciation for the simple coat. The warm rays did justice to the subtle highlights and lowlights streaked through the others fur and she was entranced by how the light danced across her coat, only jerked from her appreciation by words coming from the other. If she didn't have fur all over her body, the other female would have seen the deep blush that creeped up her cheeks, but fortunatly god was kind.

" I'm not so much interested in swimming as I am with this. " She answered without hesitating, and extended her paw to the other female, showing the brightly colored starfish that was cupped in her paws. Her tail swayed lightly behind her as she got the chance to show off her prize that she had wrenched from the ocean's grasp. Eagerly the youth passed it to the other woman to see so she had free hands and opened the top of her leather carrying bag, opening it wide so the other could see inside. It was stuffed full of shells, most a nice cream color but a few had darker streaks of purple and orange throughout the smooth surface of them. The coywolf hadn't even really looked at them carefully before stuffing them in her bag, eager to bring the gifts back to her clan mates in Inferni.

" Did you want to look at them more? Or perhaps look for more? There are some just behind this rock I'm standing on. " She offered eagerly, eyes glittering in the sun. The youth was still perched on the rock and her tail began to pick up speed, excited at the prospect of having a friend to adventure with. Maybe they would find something even better then pretty shells together. " Oh, by the way.. I'm Emmanuelle Brenna, but you can call me Emma for short if you like... What is your name? " The shapely youth asked, hopefuly the strange chocolate female would divulge some details about herself.

<style>
#ithielSie {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 258

Coli couldn't help but gasp at the brilliant fuchsia starfish -- she had never seen a starfish before, having had little experience with the beach in general. "Is it... alive?" she asked curiously, as the simple creature was dropped into her hands. She made a little squeak of surprise as she felt how prickly the texture was, like it was covered in tiny pebbles. The treasure trove of seashells was revealed to her, and Coli couldn't keep the excited smile from her muzzle. "It's all so pretty! I've never really... well, the beach is so rocky and barren, I don't really come here often... I had no idea this stuff existed," she finished awkwardly, a little embarrassed by her ignorance. When she was a little pup, she and her cousin had played on the beach, but they just dug holes in the sand and splashed in the shallow water. She did not consider that it could hold more wonders for her as an adult.

"Let's look for more! Show me how to find them...?" Coli answered, surprising even herself with her enthusiasm. This lovely coywolf was charismatic as she was friendly, and even a paranoid grump like herself couldn't resist her charms. "Colibri Haki, but you can call me Coli... Emma," she added, feeling her bobtail begin to stir in a happy pattern. How silly of her, why did she suddenly want to play along and see this Emma smile more? She stretched out her arms, offering the colorful starfish back to its rightful owner. This was intriguing.

[/html]
[html]

(000)

An excited smile painted itself onto her muzzle as the other asked if it was alive, Emma chuckling lightly. " Yes, it's alive. Unfortunately, it will die if it comes out of the ocean for a long time. But when it dies, it dry's itself out and becomes really hard and you can keep it with you as a decoration! " She explained, motioning to the starfish held in the hands of the other. The youthful coywolf nodded her head in agreement at the wolf opposite of her, smiling at her. " I only know about this stuff because I am from Vancouver, there are lots of beaches there. It used to be an ocean city. Here has pretty stuff though. I'm glad they are different, sometimes when I walked along the Van beaches mud crabs pinched my toes. " This, she frowned at. She hated mud crabs, or crabs of any type. Idly she wondered if they were tasty.

The chocolatey dames enthusiasm rivaled her own and this had a big sunny smile plastered on her face, and she nodded as the other female introduced herself. Colibri. She liked that name, it was pretty. " Well Coli, let's go find more then! The best place to find starfish are attached to the rocky outcroppings, just where the ocean hits the rock. There are some under the water too, but unless you wanna get wet that's not a good idea. " Her tail wagged behind her as Coli passed her the fushia starfish, and carefully she bent down and put it on a dry section of the rock they were standing on so that it could dry out while the women explored for more.

The woman walked off the side of the outcropping, dropping several feet to the layer of sand, her feet making a squishing sound as she landed rather then a thump. Bi-colored eyes gaze up between the two large rocks, waiting to see if her new companion would follow. She re-adjusted the strap of her bag, her sharp eyes already seeking more presents for friends.

<style>
#ithielSie {
}
#ithielSie p {
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

They are cute together! You let me know when you want to wrap up this thread and start the next one, kk? <3 WC: 293

"I guess it's a little like a snail, then...? Snail shells make nice decorations," Coli added meekly, watching as the starfish was placed on a rock in the direct sunlight. The creature did not seem to possess any measurable intelligence, so she did not think long on its predicament. Rather, she was quite curious as to how it would appear when dried.

Emma went on to mention Vancouver, a name she did not know. Colibri had unwittingly come very close to the oceanside city, though, during her solitary trip across the wide expanse of the north. She had been turned around before she reached the western coast, making her way back to Nova Scotia. "Did you come a long way to get here?" she asked amiably. "And, are there pinching crabs here we need to avoid?" She quickly amended, suddenly anxious about their surroundings. It was as though the beach was a whole new world, filled with strange alien creatures with shells and claws and bright colors.

When the coywolf began walking, Coli hesitated for a moment -- should she really trust this stranger just because she had a pretty face? Coyotes, especially those associated with Inferni, were notorious tricksters who hated wolves like her. This rocky beach was a dangerous area, with many places she could fall, get trapped, or drown. But that notion seemed ridiculous as soon as it occurred to her -- Emma was too young for wickedness, too pure for blind hatred. Coli was the jaded and bitter one, mistrusting all coyotes for the transgressions of their minority. Without further pause, she stepped off the outcropping, landing heavily in the wet sand. "All right, let's start hunting," she said with a smile, pleased with how their encounter was progressing.

[/html]
[html]

(000)

ooc; defs. you should add me on aim so we can discuss tres plot. Big Grin i think it's emma liknes.

" Yeah, exactly! " Emma said in response Coli's question when she had landed beside her on the sand inbetween the rocks. Innocently she gazed into Coli's eyes and smile sunnily, tail wagging behind her. " Except starfish don't have shells. You have to be careful when drying them though, if you don't do it correctly they get all mushy and gross and rot. " She said, frown staining her pretty features. Rotting things were gross, and she was sure her companion agreed. Her tail twitched as she thought about her journey, frown deepening. " It took me a long time.. I think at least a couple months. " The coywolf paused, considering the chocolate dames next question. A horrified expression took over the frown as she lifted up her foot and examined it, somehow the motion managing to look effortless and graceful even though she was in an awkward position.

After a few moments of looking at her foot and then at the ground, she had come to a decision. " I don't think so. I suppose just watch your step. It doesn't hurt that bad if you do get pinched, they are only little crabs. Big crabs stay in the water. " She motioned with her hands how big the pinching crabs were, making a circle that was just bigger then the width of her thumb. They really were just tiny crabs. The woman flashed another sunny smile at the woman, the ivory of her teeth not yet stained by age and blood. Moving forward, she intently looked about the rocks that formed a sort of loose hallway, the sturdy ' walls ' enveloping the two females. Emmanuelle had nary been searching a few minutes before she found something. " There some are! " Came the triumphant voice, and gracefully she bounded forward to the place, motioning to her friend to come over.

Stuck to the rock wall were starfish, but they were low enough that a layer of water stood over them and rushed over Emma's feet. It was a group of brilliant color, one a royal blue, another turquoise, and a few ranging in the bright fushias and deep purples. " This one has the same color as your eyes." She said thoughtfully, gesturing to said starfish before looking at Coli appreciatively. " You know, you are very pretty. " Came the next statement, almost as an afterthought as she worked at peeling a purple one off. She wasn't sure what color Coli would pick to take off.

<style>
#ithielSie {
}
#ithielSie p {
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

Aww, I don't have AIM, sorry. ;n; Meep, here is an ending! WC: 369

Colorful starfish and pinching sand crabs, it was all new and uplifting to her. Coli had not felt so genuinely lighthearted and interested in someone's company in what felt like years. Actually, it had been that long; she had sequestered herself from civilization for many seasons, feeling like the dull ache of loneliness was better than facing the sharp pain of a breakup. It wasn't easy to let down her guard after having built it up for so long. Before she fled Crimson Dreams, it had been her company that Coli so craved, her words that Coli hung onto so acutely. She caught her breath in surprise, realizing what it meant that she was suddenly thinking about this again. Could she be... developing a little crush on Emma? She snorted in derision, quickly shaking off the notion. That was impossible; no one could capture her heart after the brutally thorough way it had been broken. It made her chest ache to even think about liking someone that way again.

And yet... Coli could not keep the silly smile from spreading across her muzzle as she watched Emma's sunny antics; the way her tail would not stop wagging, the whimsical pose she struck as she checked for crabs beneath her footpaws, the enthusiasm she had for everything. Coli did not hesitate to follow her beck and call, cold saltwater washing up to her ankles as the girls peered over the jewel-like starfish. Her companion showed none of the attitude she had been told to expect from Inferni, instead offering her a spontaneous compliment, one that caused a faint blush to creep beneath her cheek fur. She knew she was nowhere near as pretty as this spirited youth, but she did not have the presence of mind to tell her so. Instead she chuckled softly, shaking her head; this whole encounter had been so unexpected, and so... fun.

Even when the beautiful day began to fade into a dusky sunset, and Coli knew they had to part ways, she still felt brighter and more vibrant than she had in such a long time. It was all thanks to this girl... one she found herself hoping she might cross paths with again.

[/html]