[p] the engine's rusting in deep, deep sleep
[html]

(--) MY TURN TO SUCK. <3

Eris is by Libri!

The liquor was doing its job, warming her belly and her brain both. The dark-furred hybrid leaned back, her chartreuse eyes sweeping over the innards of the little cabin once more. There wasn't much to see, and all of it was falling to pieces, but it was a nice enough alcove -- a private space away from the prying eyes of Salsola and the rest of the world. Her gaze resettled on Magnolia as she spoke of her mother, and the dark woman cocked her head to the side, frowning.

Your mother doesn't dictate who you are, she offered gently, smiling in her own motherly way. My mother was no good to me, either, but I love my daughters and my sons and hold them close to me. The dark hybrid herself offered a contradiction to Magnolia's expectations. Perhaps this anecdote would serve to assuage her fears of motherhood. Who was she? Did you know her well? Her questions were rather direct, but she hoped the silver-tinged woman understood the nature of the conversation: for Eris's part, at least, she'd set aside rank and hierarchy, and was speaking to her Family member as an equal. There was no command to answer, and the dark hybrid thought her young companion understood this.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]

Eris’ question made the little girl awkward. She was so young when she interacted with her mother and she built up so much bullshit in her mind about her that she wasn’t sure what was truth and what wasn’t anymore. “Not really,” Maggie started, looking at the floor in almost-embarrassment. “Her name was Lolita Monroe. I was born in Dahlia de Mai when it was around with Foxglove and another sister of mine, Poppy. I bear a striking resemblance to my father, and so when she decided to leave Dahlia she left me at Cour des Miracles with him and she took my two sisters back to live with her gypsy commune. Or something. The details are so foggy now. She also… thought she was dead, or something, but still living. But her mind thought she was dead. That's all I really remember about her,” Magnolia was only barely beginning to understand her mother’s psychosis now after being an adult for some time. But as a puppy, her mother scared her and she didn’t understand what was going on with her.

Maybe it was the alcohol, but Eris opened a route of possibility for prodding. Maggie worshiped Eris, and her mind burned with a million possible questions. “Who was your mother?” That’s all she asked, and hoped some of the inquiries in her mind could be answered by that simple sentence.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia b {font-weight:bold; color:#a44e69; letter-spacing:1px; }
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

[html]

Eris is by Poppz!

Eris cocked her head to the side and wrinkled her nose. A living dead woman? Hm, she said, reaching to sip at the bowl with a dainty motion. Her face read thoughtfulness as she did this, and when she set it back down and licked her lips, she spoke. Perhaps she did you a kindness by leaving you with your father, then, the hybrid said, tilting her head to one side. Her own answer formulated slowly in the back of her mind. The dark-furred hybrid did not speak so frequently about her mother and all her coyote family -- she did not belong amongst them, after all, and she'd rid herself of the Lykoi surname for a reason. Eternity was much less recognizable, though perhaps it hadn't been so some years ago.

Kaena Lykoi, the hybrid replied. An old coyote of Inferni, she said. There was no reason to lie -- some, especially those closer to her, knew this origin story well enough. She, too, is a living dead woman, in her own way. She gave me to a liar and told me he was my father, the dark woman said sourly. The truth of it was concealed until I lived in Inferni again, almost three years old already. Perhaps she'd already been three -- she was nearing five now, an ugly truth she did not like to consider -- but the dark-furred hybrid supposed such details mattered little, in the grand scheme.

<style>
#erisPoppz {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisPoppz p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisPoppz p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#erisPoppz .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisPoppz .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisPoppz b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisPoppz u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisPoppz b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisPoppz b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisPoppz b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]