what don't I know?
[html]

I suck... Outside the manor around 5:00 pm of the 24th (if that's alright!)

Word Count → 331

With Jacinto back, and filling in the rank duties, it had left the cinnamon coyote with nothing else to do for her enjoyment. The springs just didn't appeal to Omni that day, so it was puppy-caring left to work with. Sinatrai was always quiet, almost never laughing or making any sound. Maybe she was unfair, but sometimes that arrangement worked out well. In her slender arms, Omni carried the boy. Sina was slowly growing, filling in better than before. It had surely been a stroke of luck finding him...His presence after the miscarriage was just too comforting. What could she do without the chocolate boy? Not very much. So outside the Manor she sat, leaning back against some sturdy stairs. Sina lay in her arms, fluffy body curled comfortably in her long limbs. His silence was normal, used to almost. Almost sadly, he lay his head on small paws. What's wrong my boy? The boy looked up, multicolored eyes sorrowful. I was dumped here momma...Someone didn't want me. At his words, the blue-eyed princess felt his sorrow, clutching the puppy close. But we want you...Inferni wants you...You're more valuable than anything I've ever had, my son. Why do you not see that? Sinatrai didn't reply, simply snuggled back into the safety of Omni's body and warmth. Blood ties meant a lot in Inferni, with the Lykoi and de le Poers all stomping around. Did her son realize he wasn't a true Lykoi? Not a true legitimate, true son of Jacinto and herself? Did that really matter? Not very much. Smiling soothingly, the petite coyote woman cuddled him closed, kissing the top of the boy's head. You mean very much to us. When Cinto had come back, he had immediately worried of their son's safety.

Blue eyes gazed back out towards the west from where they sat, listening to the torn puppy's breathing as he also relaxed more. Will Dad teach me the guitar someday? Chuckling softly, Omni nodded. Why wouldn't Jacinto?

<style type="text/css">
.omnicuteaux b {font-weight:bold; color:#dab2ac; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.omnicuteaux p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.omnicuteaux {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#33311c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JXRX9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 5px 0px 500px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#838151; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-radius:20px;}
.omnicuteaux .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dab2ac; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.omnicuteaux .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

(492) I think Omni and Myri have met before? They've been members together long enough, and I am just stupid and can't remember if we've threaded as them. XD If not, we can assume they've met somewhere brieflyyy, if you want? X3 If not, I will edit the crap out of this post!

Myrika is by Kiri!

The tawny-hued woman moved stiffly, but she moved. Moving was better than staying in bed. A rather long, thin cut decorated her arm, and she was more bruised and battered than all her training sessions with Ithiel put together. But -- she was alive. There was a certain elation in that, and Myrika was also strangely pleased with the clan's ability to recover from such an attack -- hell, they were even improving. The archery projects were moving along faster than Myri could imagine, and there were other signs of life from within Inferni.

The mood was not altogether tense, however -- Myri realized their need to retain a sense of normalcy, and it was with this in mind that she headed to the mansion from her home out on the Great Village. The red-furred woman sat atop Cahal, wincing with every step the bay stallion took. The horse, sensitive to his mistress, was in a foul mood. This was a rarity, for the big horse had been perfectly complacent and obedient thus far. Myri did not think much of it, however, for she thought he might be able to smell her healing wounds and feel her wincing in the saddle.

Woman and horse made their way through the gates of the mansion fence, and Myri's turquoise eyes spied another of the clan. She squinted and made out the figure of Omni Cadeaux, along with a smaller figure clutched in her arms. The Praetorian waved one arm and grinned, leaping down from Cahal's back. With that, however, she winced visibly, remembering her injuries, and moved more slowly to bring the horse into the converted garage, mindful of the other stallions around Inferni's territory.

A few moments later, Myri emerged from the stable-garage and made her way over toward Omni, moving slowly and clutching the thick, long staff she'd armed herself with since the attacks. She had a knife now, too, but she hadn't had quite as much practice with it, and so it remained concealed in the pocket of her short leather skirt, concealed from view. It was a short piece of metal, but quite nasty -- one edge was serrated, and it was more a combat knife than a true dagger, but Myri did not know these things.

Hi, Omni, she said, settling down next to Omni on the porch. How are you? There was a respectable distance between the two, but neither did Myrika hesitate much in making herself at home and offering a warm smile to her companion and her child. The mahogany-haired woman was a little nervous about the kid -- she didn't think she was very good with kids, but at least Amnesty and Oblivion, Halo's young children, seemed to like her well enough. And -- who's this big one? she gasped, one hand flying to her mouth to cover the broad grin she bared for the youth's benefit.

<style>
#myrikaKiri {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myrikaKiri p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#myrikaKiri .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#myrikaKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#myrikaKiri u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaKiri b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
Sina really was a good child for the pair, however not outgoing the boy was. What still amazed the coyote woman was his way of surviving. When they had found him, he was a wriggling blood-soaked scared puppy. But his eyes, bi-colored as they were: shone with life. It wasn't necessary to try for another litter, especially after the miscarriage. They had all they could ever want, plus Omni had to admit: another litter of stillborns would be her last. Ever. Even in the new revival of spring, Omni still mourned for the tiny lives lost. They were her joy for a very long time. She carried them, she took care of them. Felt delight at every move inside of her, ever kick to the sound of her voice. They had not deserved their demise. 

Her eyes almost glazed over in the most disagreeable way, shaking her head to clear herself of the tiny tawny rolls of fluff. All silent. Movement thankfully diverted her attention, bringing the mind of the Cadeaux away from her losses. It was Myrika, a higher ranked coyote within the clan. Her hand moved through the air, returning the gesture. Omni managed to smile, and direct the most of her sunnier feelings towards the woman. Her eyes winced in sympathy seeing the wound along the woman's arm, also feeling guilt for not participating in defending. She watched as the Praetorian led the horse back to the stables, large ears perked with interest. Was there some sort of information the tawny female had to bring? Was anyone hurt from the fights? 

As Myri came back, the friendly greeting was addressed with a cheerful Hey. The fluffy tail of the coywolf swished in the earth behind her, Sinatrai moving slightly in her arms. How was she? She had to think for a moment. Pretty good...But--I lost the pups about a month ago...I'm so glad to have him. Lovingly, her chin was rested atop Sina's head, he boy flicked his good ear embarrassed. Why did his mother have to be so affectionate at all times? In his young mind, the boy with the orange and green eyes remembered his brothers and sister going away. Omni had said they were safe. Why had he never gotten to see them? Meanwhile, Omni smiled at the Praetorian's greeting to her son, This is Sinatrai. He's my big boy! Cinto and I took him in... Sina beamed up at Myrika, a concerned and innocently sympathetic look upon his scarred face. How'd you get that? I got all these...From Momma's eagle's friends. But I think K'ya wanted to get me... The boy's face turned to puzzlement. Reflecting back when Omni had chased the bird out. So, Myrika...How've you been? Has there been many disputes with Inferni? How old is the clan? 
[html]

Myrika is by Raze!

Motherhood was a mystery to the tawny-furred woman, and she looked at Omni with shock written plainly on her face. Big tawny ears pressed into the tangle of mahogany hair on the top of her head, and the hybrid extended a sympathetic hand toward her clanmate's shoulder. She wasn't quite sure what to say -- what were you supposed to say, after all, when someone has lost a child? I'm sorry, she murmured, shaking her head. I'm glad this little one is around for you, the hybrid said, speaking plainly as Omni did around the child.

She answered the child plainly, as well, smiling. It was a big wolf. I chased him away, though. In a manner of speaking, that is -- Vesper had been the one to dispatch the wolf, and he hadn't left Inferni's territory. His corpse was still decomposing in a corner of the mansion, fodder for the garden. I'm good -- just trying to keep my mind off the attacks. I understand why you don't fight, the Praetorian said, glancing down toward Sina with a knowing smile. It's nothing new, though, no. Inferni's had a lot of disputes in its long years. I guess it's been nine years now? The hybrid shrugged, happy to talk of the pack's history. She was, after all, the Notarii.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
It was special, to hold such a precious child so safely in her arms. Blue eyes flickered to the scars etched plainly across the boy's face. Yet remorse didn't seem to cloud that sunny visage. Orange and green eyes flashed bright as the sun, as fresh as spring. There wasn't a doubt in the woman's mind that things would look up, that he would survive and thrive altogether. At the gentle hand falling softly on her shoulder, the russet-hued female smiled sincerely. It lent some form of support. There was no way that she could fall depressed once again. Not like after that night. There could always be other times, other times to give more to the grand Lykoi lineage. But not now. Not too soon. "It's alright...It was bad at first -- maybe it's just the way of giving them a chance, I guess. The coywolf gave a wane smile to her peer, hoisting Sina back up better on her arm.

Sina glanced curiously as the nice woman spoke, explaining about the bad wolves. "Someday. I oughta teach the bad woofs something -- protect my momma and the good coyos." A small (but fierce as he could manage) growl slipped his thin muzzle. But the vicious facade didn't last too long. Soon after, the boy snuggled back into the comfort of his mother's body once more. "When I'm bigger and tougher...Uncle Helotes will teach me somethings. He yawned, settling in for a rest again. Omni stroked the soft surface of his head, comfortingly holding the downy soft bundle of dreams motherly. Her attention stayed on her rusty peer, large ears turned attentively her way. Many disputes? Whoa...Nine years you say... The Scorpius mumbled wonderously, that was...At least four times her lifetime so far. "That's a long while...Can I hear some stories about our Fire Realm if you have any?"
[html]

(305)

Myrika is by Sie!

The redhead did not truly understand motherhood -- she liked children, but she knew she was not ready for them, either. She'd need a father, and that had its own slew of problems. It had been some time since the Consul had even the faintest hint of attraction for a male, and -- to be perfectly truthful, her affections were occupied by one who decidedly could not give her children. This was a conundrum the tawny hybrid had actively tried to avoid. She knew some part of her desired motherhood someday, perhaps when she herself was done growing up, but she was not entirely sure how one of her persuasion was supposed to go about obtaining it, either. Still, a lack of knowledge about Omni's exact situation didn't make her incapable of empathizing, and she gave the shoulder a light squeeze before allowing her hand to drop, smiling a smile she hoped was knowing and comforting.

Inferni's history was her duty, and she was always glad to share it -- especially with the youth of the clan. The hybrid smiled down at Sinatrai and nodded, hoping he would grow up to be big and strong and able to protect them. Inferni would always need protectors, it seemed. You will, she murmured, laughing at his growl and shaking her head with the child's antics. He was quick to settle, and the hybrid looked toward Omni's seafoam-hued eyes, wagging her tail. Yeah -- I'd be glad to. It's my job, the hybrid said, grinning. What do you want to hear about? The past wars? Pick one -- Tears, Dahlia, Aremys, or Dahlia. And yes, I meant to say Dahlia twice. She grinned and punctuated this last with a laugh. Strange how she could speak so easily of bloody and desperate wars long past.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]