Is this where I belong
[html] Alli ^_^
Words:500+

Weeks of travel had led to this. It had not been her choice to start this journey, but then again much of her life's choices had been made for her as well. Why should this one be any different? A gust of wind, rushing up the verdant, grassy hillside, whipped her ponytail behind her. The air was fresh with unfamiliarity, of wolves, livestock, trees, flowers and more. All this resembled her homeland and yet differed enough to unsettle even the unwavering heart of the cinnamon girl. The leather tasset around her waist fluttered with the skirt it covered with the last strength the gust could muster. Footpads touched the gully below for only a few steps before beginning the climb up another hill.

Had she really deserved this? To be cast off in this foreign country? Was she really such a threat that those who claimed to cherish her as a part of their town had exiled her for being related to her father? The girl could only wonder, for it was too late to change anything. Indeed it was a waste of energy to even think of trying to change it. It was best to just move on and start a life in this country. She was young after all, and trained in most matters related to survival and in civilized society. A faint, forced smile crossed her lips. This shouldn't be too hard.

A hand moved to adjust the belt at her mid-riff, returning it to its proper alignment with the rest of her hunter green and leather clad outfit. Her hand then rested atop the carved pommel of her sword, nimble fingers tracing the delicate etchings in the wood to keep them occupied. In another few strides she crested the top of the short hill and her sea green gaze surveyed the land before her. Inhaling deep she analyzed the strong scent before her. Such a heavily marked area likely defined the border to claimed lands. It was a simpler and less labor intensive fashion of declaring ones borders as opposed to wooden fences or walls that her former home had adopted. She dared not take another step forward. Trespassing was never a good way to make a first impression. By now she was surely in the lands she had heard tell of, the packs of the northern reaches of this land that were so rumored down south. This was her first to encounter, and from her hilltop perch she could already see the beauty of the lands. Hopefully the inhabitants of such an appealing home would be equally pleasant. Knowing full well the proper behavior of a prospective new comer, the young femme pierced the air with a melodic call both to announce her presence and politely call for an audience. She saw no need to venture to a different land at this time, and if she was allowed she would make this land her home. Travel was tiresome and though she was not likely to admit it she missed being useful to others. Indeed she had many skills and most of them could help her survive on her own for awhile, but sharing them with others was so much more rewarding.

[/html]
[html] hi hi hi heres an oak

The heavy fire and iron born blade fell with a crack against the log. It split, perfectly down the center as he had hoped and anticipated. Strong arms placed another large log on the stump, its weight light as a feather compared to the axe. Once again, he rolled his shoulders, placed the blade in the center and claimed his spot and kept his eye on it. Arms moved up, and then with force and the weight of his chest and the weapon fell with the same satisfying crack.

The axe was a surprising find, as well as a shocking fit in his paw. The male had hoped to gain a skill of a long sword, or with a weapon that looked at bit less practical. But the single headed axe was brought him a comforting sense of balance.

It had started when his mother had needed wood for her boiler, to draw the water out of the maple tree’s syrup. Since then he had taken up the task Oak had brought down all the dead wood around the Manor and had gathered enough for the next winter. But now he spread out into the forests around his pack’s base and then towards the borders. Anything that looked dangerous, a broken limb or a fallen tree Oak cleared the path and made the way a bit safer.

Oak placed the beaten logs aside for when he could haul it back to the Manor. He took to his patrol, the axe in hand, when he heard the call. It was close, and though his job was far from greeting a stranger and likely another who wished to take a tour around the packlands Oak figured he was the closest and he should at least see if it was being tended to. He made his way at a steady pace, jogging when the terrain allowed it, and came upon her without much of a delay.

His russet form broke through the tree line, and he watched the clothed figure before him. Words did not come first, her scent a loner’s perfume and with no pack trailing along the feminine pheromone. He swung the axe into the nearest tree, left it there without much of a second glance and approached the stranger. You called? He asked the hypothetical question before speaking a bit more formally. I’m Oak, and this is Crimson Dreams lands. What brings you here? His tone was deep but light as he ended with small smile.

[/html]
[html]Word Count:400+

It was not long before her call was answered by the appearance of a large reddish male, wielding an axe no less. His body language did not portray and hostility, but her hand sat ready atop the pommel of her blade in case it was needed. Fortunately she would have no need to defend herself as the male quickly buried his axe in a nearby tree trunk with a swing of his arm. As he ambled up to her, Cassia's sea green gaze could not help but analyze his form. He stood a few inches taller than she, but was much more muscular, his arms nearly double the width of her own. He looked young, likely almost a year older than her. Just as he spoke her gaze met his. She heard his name and the name of the pack whose land's these were. She was formulating an answer to his question, but could not help but linger on the hue of his eyes. She'd never seen such a shade of blue. Most males where she came from had brown or golden eyes, rarely ever blue. Even among the females of her homeland she had been told that her sea green eyes were quite the rarity, though shades of blue were more common among them.

When she opened her mouth to speak she had to force herself to blink, to break her concentration in order to speak,"Thank you, Sir Oak, for answering my call," she dipped in a curtsy, her soprano voice clinging slightly to the accent of her homeland, which she had never fully adopted. "My name is Cassia Calidus and I am in search of a new place to call home. Of course, I would work very hard for Crimson Dreams should I be allowed to join." Her hands folded in front of her in a sort of pleading gesture. She was not above begging if it became necessary. This male had no idea who she was and had no reason to allow her entry to his homeland other than her own words. She had been hailed as a skilled huntress among the townsfolk of her homeland, taking many a stag both with her bow and her fangs. She was also reasonably skilled in combat and would defend the pack with everything she had if the need arose. However, she did not wish to oversell herself. The Dreamer male had only asked her reason for coming to his pack's border, nothing more. She would tell him anything else he needed to hear about herself if he were to ask it, but for now the mocha ticked female stood, quietly, hands clasped in front of her, resting at her waist. Would he let her in? [/html]

[html]ohh.. oak

They studied one another, her eyes washing over him as his did her. Tore bay gaze looked at the unique garb that she wore, and the weapons that she carried. Lightly they danced over the curves of her figure and took in the color of her pelt that shown between the fabric and the leather. She was a slim wolf, her brown and reddish hue painting her face and darkening at the roots of her gathered and tamed mane. He saw the strap of the bow, and knew the weapon was laced against her back. Another means of defense he figured. Traveling was a dangerous living.

He found her attractive and interesting at first glance.

She spoke, her words of his language but accented slightly. It was common to find those that spoke with a different twang or those that carried their syllables at a different range and he did not assume she was from far of near. It was her gestures that caused him to wonder. The way she spoke his name, tacking a title that he did not deserve onto it… Cassia, she gave her name and Oak placed it to her face.

She wished to join. Oak found it surprising, for there hadn’t been one seeking their ranks for some time. He remembered the training his mother had given on that matter, the questions that needed to be asked and the tests that he was to give. But he deviated slightly from the guide that she had laid out for him, and his smile grew. Its nice to meet you Cassia. He took a step closer, breaking the distance of neutral politeness and allowed it to shorten to a friendlier one. And please, just Oak. He spoke with a wink.

He turned, but then looked back for a brief moment. Are you coming? He asked, his tone light and his smile a bit charming if a words needed to be placed along its curve. They could walk and get to know one another. He would need to call Anu, for his rank was not allow him to accept her, but he knew she would approve and he would get the answers to her questions along the way.

You can use those ornaments your bringing? He questioned, speaking of the weapons, and looking out ahead rather then back to her pretty face.

[/html]
[html] I can already feel Cassia blushing lol

Word Count 500+

Her examination of his figure seemed to last about as long as his of hers. His friendly smile grew and he broke the soon to become awkward silence. His comment and clarification about his name brought a small smile to her lips and she nodded, "It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Oak," she responded in kind. A single stride brought his form closer to hers and automatically her gaze did another quick scan of his form, looking for any finer details she might have missed from even a few feet further away. She had not, and part of her felt foolish for checking.

He turned his form and she had to stop herself from looking him up and down yet again for he quickly turned back and asked if she was coming along. That was as good an invitation as any, though a bit less formal than she was used to, "Yes, I'm coming." A few short strides brought her beside him and they both began walking into the lands of Crimson Dreams. A couple more moments passed in silence before the russet male again turned to her and asked her a question. Ornaments? Had his tone not betrayed a bit of friendly sarcasm, she might have taken offense. Beautiful though they were her weapons were tools, extensions of her own form. Though she had only ever used the sword in sparring matches, and never drawn blood, she was confident in her ability to kill in defense if the need arose. Her bow was a different story as she had slain many a head of game with it from distances near and far. In her homeland her skill had become a bit of a local legend, though she had not believed it.

"Yes, I have been trained to use them since the day I could change forms. I once slew a stag from a hundred paces with this bow, though such a far shot is not the norm. More often I can get a bit closer," she replied, reaching behind her to run her hand along the lacquered limb of her long bow. "I can hunt without weapons as well, but larger game are harder to bring down in that manner by myself," she admitted. She did not wish to portray herself as bound to the use of her weapons, particularly for hunting. The cinnamon girl would not lie about her prowess with the bow or about her occasional difficulty with the old fashioned tooth and claw method. She was a female, and though a well trained, strong female, her lack of body mass brought with it a limitation of the force she could bring to bear. Her mind travelled back to the moment when Oak had arrived to answer her call and how he had sunk his axe into the tree with one blow. She would have had to use both hands and she still might not have struck the target hard enough to hold the implement fast. Knowledge of one's limitations was valuable, for it allowed recognition of other's abilities. [/html]

[html]lol

He was happy to hear that she wished to follow, and she indeed walked behind and then beside him. She was a bit smaller the he, but he was the middle-sized son of their leader and held a bit of beef from his wolf blood. Never had Oak considered himself an impressive form, but he found it useful for he could hunt well and fulfill the pack’s needed tasks with his stamina and strength.

Oak met the axe he had bore into the face of the tree, and with a easy yank he pulled it free and let it settle in his hand at his side. It was deadly, though he had not practiced with it in the art of combat, and he made the conscious choice to keep the blade down and close to the ground. All the while the russet male listened, eager to know that she was not just a pretty face but a skilled mind and body as well.

Where did you receive this training? He asked, curiosity getting the better of him. But before she could answer he continued, Crimson Dreams needs protectors, and hunters. But we are a peaceful family. We defend when we must, but we farm, trade, and hunt as our means for living. My mother is a leader here, the Praetor, and though she may not look it.. She does not tolerate Dreamers stirring up trouble with other packs. That was the warning that he was to give all those that came to their borders. She nor Savina would stand beside a member that wished to start problems with other packs.

It’s a good place to grow up in. A place to find yourself. Oak added, his tone a bit more casual and returning to the relaxed state he previously held.

[/html]
[html]

Oak wrenched his axe from its resting place as they passed it, and her sea green eyes observed the deep gash in the trunk. Quite a strong blow indeed. His next question was only natural and she had expected it, though to say she wanted to answer it would be a lie. Fortunately, Oak continued to speak, stating the pack's need for protectors and hunters. The more he spoke about the peaceful nature of the pack, the more appealing it sounded, her ears alert to his every word. His mother's title was a familiar word to her for her old homeland had a praetor, or rather had once had a praetor. The male who had once judged all matters civil and otherwise in the town court had been slain in the revolt that had claimed her father and eventually sent her to this land. However, the similarities to her homeland likely ended with the titles as Oak did not describe a place of prejudice, but a place of family, where everyone was equal.

In her thoughts she realized that the conversation had fallen silent and the russet male's inquiry had still gone unanswered."This place sounds wonderful, compared to my old home. My father was the Consul or leader of our town. The town lies far across the ocean on the coast of a large island. I was my father's only child so he had me trained in many things, not just combat and hunting. I received my training from the town centurion and his legionnaires, at my father's behest. I was only trained to defend myself, for females were not allowed to participate in military matters. I hunted to provide for my father's frequent feasts and gatherings," she replied, gathering her thoughts before continuing. If she was going to give some details of her background, she'd best give them all. Oak and the rest of the pack would have to learn about her sooner or later, especially if she was allowed to join.

"The town was several hundred strong and unfortunately it was heavily divided socially. My father and many of the people I was taught by were members of the nobility. I was rarely allowed to associate with the townspeople. I was always told that I was better than them, but I knew I wasn't. One day a couple months ago, the centurion, the legionnaires, and several townsfolk revolted and killed my father and many of the nobles. They spared me, saying that they didn't want to kill me because I wasn't like the rest of the nobility. They bought passage for me on a ship to this continent and I made my way north until I arrived here at Crimson Dreams.” She heaved a sigh of relief after her story ended. It felt good to finally tell someone her story. She relished the opportunity to redefine herself as her own person, not her father’s daughter. [/html]

[html] rambled lol sorry. after your next reply, I will have you titled and you'll be good to go!

Crimson dreams has always been the place he described. Even during the war, they had come together and been believers of peace. It would always be such a pack, as long as Anu and Savina were its leaders. Savina could be a powerful leader, but she was always just and worked to bring balance to the pack. His mother was confident in her position, and though softer in tone just as diligent about keeping the lands a place of refuge for those in search of it.

As they walked Oak could tell that she was listening, a glance over to her face showed that she was intent on his words. And the male gave just as much attention as she spoke to explain her origin. It was not the most important of tests for the greeter, for it was not always where one came from but the direction they wished to travel down in the future that he was to focus on. Yet, he was curious to know… and when they met his mother she would want to know he asked all the important questions.

The familiar terms made his ears perk and he listened with an even greater intent. Oak listened with patience, and when she paused he did not rush to interrupt her train of thought and instead allowed her to tell her story. It was a sad one, and he realized the greatness of the displacement that she must feel. She had come all the way over the ocean, he knew only a few wolves and mutts that had done so. Oak had never even left the home he had been born in for more then a night or two. She gave an audible sigh, telling him that she had told all that she could. Oak, who had never truly had a father, felt a stinging pain for the wolfess. I am sorry about your father. He extended.

You will find it very different here, with out a doubt. he only smiled softly, with a bit of hope he might comfort some of her tattered past. We are just a small pack, and most of us live in Haven Manor together. You are welcome to stay there as well. I will call for my mother Anu, and she will greet you formally. I am sorry to say I don’t have the rank high enough to give you one of your own. He paused in his speech and step to raise his nose to the sky and let out a low baritone howl that picked up in tone at the end; a grown pup’s call for his dam.

We are close to the orchard, it is where she spends most of her time. The red tinted wolf explained. It was not long before the figure of a slight wolfess stood among the trees beyond their trail. She was a thin creature, elegant and delicate at first glance and posed with a straight back and clasped paws held against her stomach. She walked slowly, but had gotten to them in only a short time. His mother had always been a bit of a mystery to him.

She came to him, and he greeted her with a dip of the head to press his nose against her crown. Anu had started such a ritual when they had been pups, and when she had been the one larger then he and his brother’s Alder and Cypress. As a reminder that she was there to protect them. But now they towered over her, and he was the one to remind her that he was there to protect her. It only lasted a second, but without it Oak did not feel right.

Mother, this is Cassia. He explained as he extended a hand towards the cinnamon female and smiled. She has traveled far, and is a trained to defend and to hunt. She will make a good Venator or Centurio. He looked back at the eldest Dreamer who gave a nod to them both. I trust my son has explained the ways of our pack, and you agree to them? The mother looked at the earth and fire hued female, but not with a judgmental eye that one would expect, but with a soft gaze. As if she knew by just looking at her that she was a honest creature. The question was just a formality.

[/html]
[html] No worries, rambling is my specialty ^_^
Words: 500+

Oak heard her every word as she poured out her story to him. When she finished he even offered his condolences for her father's death. While she had always loved her father, as any good daughter would, she had abhorred his treatment of the lower classes. He had ruled the town with an iron fist, yet always treated her as his most treasured jewel. It had been horrific to watch him die, but strangely it had not taken but a couple weeks for her to find peace about his death. "Thank you, Oak," she replied, a grateful smile curving the edges of her lips.

The russet male assured her that she would find Crimson Dreams a completely different home, and for that too she was grateful. His pride in his home had shown through each time he had mentioned it and even though she had only been within its borders for a brief time, she already felt at home. Oak explained the need to call his mother, a higher ranking pack member who could officially give her a rank within the pack. Any female who had raised such an honest, kind and devoted son had to be an impressive leader. The mocha flecked female had never truly known who her mother was. She had been born and given to her wet nurse who, despite her best efforts, had only been able to provide the basic care for a growing girl. The only other feminine influence had been in her social training. Various wives of various nobles had been her teachers of etiquette, posture, reading, speech and the other things a young noblewoman was supposed to learn. She had always wondered what it would have been like to have both of her parents in her life.

As his deep howl rang through the air, another smile crept across her countenance as Cassia listened. The sound of a luperci's howl was always so unique to the individual and she enjoyed hearing Oak's own version of the classic lupine call that had epitomized their species since ages long past. The call ended and the male mentioned their proximity to the orchard, a place frequented by his mother. At the mention of an orchard, the Calidus girl's eyes lit up momentarily. Orchards provided so many things; a source of food, a quiet place to walk, a place to hunt, and even more things that she was sure she had forgotten. She would have to make it a point to visit this place.

In only a few short moments a figure appeared before them, slender and feminine. Sea green gaze watched as the elder woman approached with a slow but deliberate pace. Her son met her and touched his nose to her forehead in greeting before speaking. Oak introduced her and Cassia dipped in a curtsy, out of habit. He offered his opinion of her skills and the cinnamon girl could not help but smile in thanks for his recommendation.

When Anu addressed her; the mahogany haired girl listened carefully. "Yes ma'am, Oak thoroughly explained the policies of Crimson Dreams and I agree with them wholeheartedly. I would be honored to be a member of this pack," she stated, her every word bearing with it her deepest measure of sincerity. She would do her utmost for Crimson Dreams, not just as a member of a pack but as a part of a family. [/html]

[html]we can end it here, or continue. up to you! PM me if you would like another thread, Big Grin

Oak stood to the side, allowing his mother to address the new member and make her assessment. It was important for a leader to be present at the ranking of a newcomer and Oak knew his mother would be close and the process quick. That was what he wished to Cassia, a speedy acceptance though caring and encouraging all the same. Though the red male was normally casual and nonchalant there was deep thought that went into his actions and for a processes such as an induction he wished to stick to his rank.

The brown and tan wolfess spoke perfectly, and he knew she pleased Anu for the gray woman smiled and gave a nod. You will be welcomed here, Plebeian. She spoke, the soothing tone that was no normal for Anu coming forth from her smile. Oak knew that she treated all the younger wolves of the pack as if they were her own young. The children of Savina and Kansas were like nieces and nephews to the second in command.

With her rank given Anu looked to them both, I am sure Oak will show you around. And with that she gave Cassia a final look, her smile retained and genuine and then left the two. She slipped back into the wood as if she one of them and disappeared in their shadows and from view.

You’ll like it here. He promised. Once they were alone once again. I can show you the Manor. He suggested, pointing a thumb behind him and in the direction of the great house they shared. It was up to her though, the formalities were passed and she was a free Dreamer.

[/html]
Welcome to Crimson Dreams!

Congratulations!

Here are some things that we suggest you take a look at, now that you've been accepted:

• Check out the Game to see how you can start collecting points for fun prizes!
  • Look at the Map and Territory Descriptions to see the various places your character can explore within the pack.
  • Look over the list of Co-Ranks that are available for you character to pursue once they reach the Veles rank.
  • Please read our Policies and IC Laws & Customs so that you and your character can abide by Crimson Dreams' standards.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact either Erin or Alli and we will do whatever we can to help you! If you're ready to get to roleplaying right away, post in the Thread Requests forum or snag an Open Thread!