Chase the Morning
[html]

WC:3+ -anyone can join, will be an overnight/possibly multiple day journey.

There was a very thin layer of frost and snow sprinkled over the ground, air crisp and fresh, a sign that there would be no more spring snows for at least a few days. With the morning sun just barely peaking up over the horizon, a large and fluffy white Luperci crawled from the main entrance of the Anathema cave system. Standing at around six and a half feet tall, his tall frame was thin and lean, obviously young and still growing. There was a large sack hanging from around his shoulders, made from a tattered deer skin and patched together materials. While it looked ratted and old, he had layered the fabric a few times over to make sure that it was thick and strong.

With the completion of his first ‘craft’, working towards his rank as Abigor, the boy wanted to collect new supplies to continue with his crafting. If was fun, and he rather liked making new things out of pieces of nothing. There was a small knife strapped to his thigh, and the coming of age necklace hung around his throat proudly, the raccoon tail standing out sharply against his stark white fur. Red eyes like rubies shone brightly in the morning light as he looked around, wondering which way to travel first. Lifting his black nose into the air, the boy took a long, deep breath and held it, scenting the wind.

There was a faint, slightly salty smell coming from the southeast…and he wanted to explore it. Stretching, with a small grin pulling his lips up, Octavius began walking, looking around in all directions as he did so. While he hadn’t asked anyone to come with him on his little exploratory journey, he wouldn’t mind if anyone showed up and wanted to tag along. In fact, the company would probably be very much appreciated…but if it didn’t happen, he’d be fine just as well.

Image courtesy of Joel Olives@Flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_Oct1 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_Oct1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_Oct1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#aa2961; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_Oct1 {background-color:#2f1808; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a37c77; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8135/octavius.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:289px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_Oct1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
WC::270 OOC:: CCCCAAAIIIIITTTTTT!

[html]

Mido was growing accustomed to the warming weather lately, so much that he hadn’t been ready for the random chilly night. With one of his two pairs of khakis on the male had grabbed his back pack and loaded it with weapons and some dried food for the day. He intended on doing some much needed training, probably on the outskirts of Anathema’s lands, maybe even outside their territory to take in some new scenery. Walking out of the maze like cave system he could feel the straps that dangled from his pack hit his sides with step he took. Outside of the entrance the Dasa could see the silhouette of a white canine. The closer he got the more it reminded him of Naniko, but it certainly wasn’t his Angela, could it possibly be one of her children? He wasn’t one of the sharpest canines in the early hours; it always took a bit for his mind to wake up. It was definitely one of the snowy woman’s kin though; he just hadn’t been sure which one.

Several yards away he noted the animal skin sack that they were carrying. At this time in the morning Mido was usually up and at it, but seeing another member up and about was rare for him. The chilled air from the night touched his face, making the hair on his neck flair up slightly. Hey there. He called to the canine whose face he couldn’t see. What-cha doing so early in the morning? Whatever they were doing or going to do, they looked good and ready to get a move on.

[/html]
[html]

WC:3+ -aaaaleeex Big Grin

There was a slight rustling from some feet behind the boy, causing his ears to prick and another deep breath to be taken in, but he didn’t turn. The scent was clearly Anatheman, one of his pack mates having had the same idea of starting their day early with the rising of the sun. Something familiar, he’d taken in this smell many times throughout the halls and in every meeting. The name, however, evaded his mind as he thought, trying to put a face to the scent of the male who had emerged not moments after himself.

Finally, with the sound of words from the other creature, Octavius pivoted on his large feet, a small grin pulling at his lips. Ah, it’s you, Mido. Was wondering who else would be out here this early… Head tilting to the side slightly, the red eyes slid over the other male’s tan and cream form, taking in the splashes of dark colors on his face. They were almost exactly the same height…but Mido had about sixty more pounds to him in muscle and fur. The white youngster, while a tall boy, was scrawny and taking quite some time to fill out. All of the puppy fat from before he’d shifted had been burned and used up within the first month of shifting back and forth. Now he was thin and constantly eating to keep up his energy.

Where you going so early? His arms shifted a bit, pulling the pack on his shoulders into a new position as he waited for an answer. I was thinking of going on a supply search…traveling towards the southeast corners of the land seems like a good idea. I’ve never been down that far, and I don’t think many of us go down there ever… His head shook slowly and he glanced over his shoulder in the direction that he wanted to start going, hands clenching into fists slightly, eyes narrowing. There could be intruders out there, and we’d never even know it…

<style>
.K22911_Oct1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#aa2961; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_Oct1 {background-color:#2f1808; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a37c77; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8135/octavius.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:289px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_Oct1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
WC::322 OOC::and I;m all like woo woohoo!

[html]

Turning around it seemed the white boy knew exactly who was who just by the sound of their voice. I don’t like to waste time. Mido was accustomed to rising early and fading late, he felt like he could make better use of the day this way. Moving closer the mutt could feel the cool ground against his feet, sounds of his weapons clinking together emitted from his pack with each stride. Stopping a few feet away he quickly glanced at him, he hadn’t realized till now that they were just about the same height. Feeling small he came to the conclusion that Octavius would eventually be bigger than he. The Dasa moved his gaze from the Abigor’s red eyes to the bag he was carrying with him. Going somewhere? He wondered what was on the De Angelo’s agenda for the day.

He was asked where he was going so early, he didn’t really have to think about it. I was going to do some training today. I didn’t exactly decide where yet, figured I could use a change of scenery. The white coated male mentioned that he needed some supplies. Motioning with his head in the direction, he stated that not many travel there. Mido returned an approving nod of his head. Octavius was probably right, the older male had explored much of Anathema’s territory but he couldn’t recall if he’d been where the boy wanted to go. The Angela’s son mentioned there may be intruders. The mix highly doubted the thought of intruders, but anything was possible and it couldn’t hurt to look into it.

Hey Octavius, would you mind if I tag along with you? Mido figured he might put training on the back burner for now. He trained a lot, one or two days without it wouldn’t kill him, and he could call it a well deserved break. Who knew, he might just come across something pretty useful.

[/html]
[html]

WC:3+ i think they are going to be friends

Octavius knew exactly what Mido was talking about when he mentioned not liking to waste time. There was no point in being lazy and wasting the day away on doing nothing. The young boy had grown up a lot since his shift, finding the ability to shift and use his body in more ways had really taught him that sleeping the days away was really not all that smart of a life plan. He used to be a chunky puppy who didn’t want to participate in anything with anyone, preferring to lie around the cave dozing and eating. Those days were long gone, and he was now the most active of his siblings, loving to explore and hunt and find new things to play with.

Tilting his head at the other male, he smiled again and shifted the bag once more. I’d like some company…you are more than welcome to come with me. The boy had a moment of uncertainty as he looked around at the large trees jutting up from the ground, not sure of the way he really wanted to go. Peeking back at Mido again, he sighed and shook his head a little, feeling like a complete idiot. I don’t really know where I want to go, I’m just wanting to look for supplies…and exploring seems to be the best way to do so.

One long, thinly muscled arm lifted and pointed southeast, his finger wiggling a little bit. Never been out that way, and the smell of salt comes from there. Wanted to check it out and maybe find some old stuff along the way? He knew that there was a lt of human things remaining all over the place, and hopefully they’d stumble upon some houses or those weird bulking chunks of metal with wheels. Anything that had pieces sitting around that could be collected was useful and desired by the young man.

<style>
[/html]
WC::367 OOC::I honestly forgot how quick you were to reply. (gets back on Souls looks through threads and goes damn she already replied.) XD

[html]

Mido asked the snow white young man if he could go with him. In the back of his mind he really didn’t want to be a bother, but rather hoped his presence would be too much of a nuisance. To his delight Octavius seemed to not mind if the Dasa went along with him. Great! Sounds like a field trip then. Smiling the older male clasped his hands behind his head letting his arms hang. At first it sounded like the De Angelo was uncertain where he wanted to go, he just wanted to go. Not having a set destination didn’t bother the multicolored mix in the least bit. Sometimes not knowing where one would end up being would turn out to be the best thing in the end.

Raising an arm toward the southeast direction he declared he hadn’t been over there. He wanted to go and check it out. Mido had done his fair share of exploring and pillaging. The mix had found tons of stuff left behind by the humans. Some more interesting than others, and some stuff just made him tilt his head raise an eyebrow and begin to wonder. To the half and half it sounded like Octavius had a plan well enough for the two of them. Inside Anathema the male had only really been to the hotel where Aeron lived and the abandoned sawmill, not having been inside any other structures he might have seen.

Taking the time to adjust the pack, he tightened the straps on both sides, making it more comfortable on his back. Not wasting another second of the duo’s precious time Mido got a move on. Thinking the Dasa wondered how long of a trip he was ready for based on the contents of his pack. He still had matches in the side pocket from his last trip. He had a number of weapons, being his knives, Kamas and shuriken. In one of the center pockets he had enough dry food to last the two of them a day. Changing his thought process he began to wonder what kinds of things the Abigor could make. So what do you make with the things you find Octavius?

[/html]
[html]

WC:3+ crappy post here

Octa grinned over at Mido again, simply full of cheerful smiles on the chilly morning, and readjusted his pack before he started walking. He figured that they could make good time on two feet, and if need be, Secui form was fast and strong, so the packs shouldn’t be too heavy to carry around then either.

The boy moved with a spring in his step, clearly excited to be going somewhere and even more so excited now that he had a traveling partner to accompany him. He hadn’t even really thought about the possible consequences of going out by himself. What if he had been attacked or got hurt? Fighting was still something he didn’t know much about, and if he was injured he’d be a pathetic mess that could only call for help. The thought of his stupidity had him cringing a little, and then reprimanding himself within his mind.

Mido’s voice brought him out of his thoughts and he looked over at the older and slightly larger male. Oh…Well I just started, the bag is the first thing I’ve crafted since I made my… He frowned and gestured to the necklace, made of raccoon parts that lay over his chest. This was the first thing I ever made, and it was really fun, so after a while I guess trying something more seemed like a good idea. His head tilted to the side and those ruby red eyes were drawn to Mido’s full bag.

What do you carry around in there? Is it all weapons? Octavius was a naturally curious boy, and as a tiny pup he had constantly gotten in trouble for getting into things and asking odd questions. Now, he hoped not to offend anyone by being nosy, but it was in his nature to try and snoop…he just hoped that the multi-colored male didn’t mind.

<style>
[/html]
WC::363

[html]

The Dasa had asked about what the young man could make with the things he found. The De Angelo explained that he made the bag he was carrying and gestured at the necklace he wore. That’s pretty cool. God knows I couldn’t do that kind of stuff. Thinking that the two things Octavius had already made were pretty basic he smiled. The mutt hadn’t been a great fighter when he first started, hell he wasn’t even good, laughable at best. But with time and copious amounts of dedication and training he was a decent warrior. He couldn’t help but feel like the snowy boy would be the same way with his crafting. The more he did it, the better his work would get and the more technical his makings would become. The male snickered at the Abigor’s question about the contents of his pack. Hahaha yeah, pretty much. Well, there is some food in there somewhere. Grabbing the bottom of the bag he gave it a good hard shake causing his weapons to make a lot of noise.

The two of them had been walking for a while. The pace they moved at the male considered decent; it wasn’t overly fast and it was far from slow. Looking over his right shoulder he tried to gauge how far they had gone from where the Howling Caverns would be. Possibly an hour or two may have passed and they were already much further in this direction than he had ever been before. Mido was on a constant look out, barely keeping his eyes directly ahead of him he was occasionally tripping over a root or something. He hadn’t noticed anything that he could consider interesting or out of place worthy of going to investigate. Do you see anything yet? I don’t. He questioned Octavius as he continued to be on the lookout. Reaching into the pack the older male pulled out a piece of dried meat, kind of like jerky. Tearing off a chunk he popped a piece into his mouth. Hey, you hungry at all? I have some dried meat if you’d like. He asked the young man, thinking he shouldn’t be selfish.

[/html]
[html]

WC:3+ oh goodness i love my octa xD

Octavius was honestly kind of disappointed at the lack of interesting things so far. There had been nothing of consequence along the path that the two males had been walking…and it was getting a bit boring. The youngster would lean or crouch down every now and then, palming a rock or piece of debris sitting on the ground. A few times he dropped the little thing into his bag, but mostly they were tossed away after a muttering of soft grunts of disgust. This trip was supposed to be about finding useful things, not walking forever without seeing a thing!

Perhaps he was just a little bit impatient, but to his credit, he WAS only nine months old. Out of the Angela’s three youngest sons, he was probably the most patient and calm. Huffing in frustration, he slapped one large palm onto a tree and stopped walking, glaring around at the surrounding forest. Ears flicking back a bit, he registered Mido’s words and shook his head with irritation. Is there really nothing out here?! This is so…tedious and boring, not seeing anything, just trees and trees forever. Lifting both hands to his head, he rubbed over his face and ears before thunking the back of his head against the same tree.

The mention of food had his eyes snapping open more and he looked over at the other male, a small smile pulling his mouth up. It was always hard for Octavius to stay mad for very long, his mood always improving within moments almost all the time. That would be great, Mido…my stomach’s been growlin’ real hard for the past hour. Glancing up at the treetops, he took note of the brighter light all around them, even in the shadows of the forest. Uh, how long do ya think we’ve been walking?

<style>
[/html]
WC::530 OOC:: Sorry 4 teh waitz. Life loves to throw meh curve balls. 0^0

[html]

The male listened to the Abigor complain about not finding anything yet. Mido nodded his head silently, he could understand the young man’s frustration. He knew that patience and persistence would prove to make the duo victorious in the end. It may be a while before we find anything; we need to stay positive, and tenacious. At the male’s offer of food, the snowy young man’s attitude perked up a bit as he seemed rather hungry. Pulling a good sized piece of dried meat from his pack he held it out for him to take. Here, eat up. It’s not a lot but it’ll hold you over for a bit.

The Dasa quickly glanced over at the Abigor when he was asked how long he thought they’d been walking. He looked around him briefly; the forest around them was beginning to throw of his sense of direction. Honestly unsure of how long they’d been at it he wondered to himself. Maybe a couple of hours, I don’t know anymore. He said shrugging his shoulders. Nothing but trees was all he had been seeing for some time now. The path the warrior and the crafter walked along was kind of narrow, but big enough for the two of them move side by side. The heavily wooded area blocked out most of the sun’s light. A few rays of light filtered in through the trees tops. Staying alert, Mido kept his cold blue eyes wide open and focused, looking for anything that stood out from the environment.

As they continued the path they walked on kind of vanished into the earth. Tree, tree, rock, oh look another tree, this is fun. The older male was beginning to lose the enthusiasm that he once started with, inner sarcasm started to plague his mind. Still looking ahead his pace was that of a zombie, his walk made him look hopeless. Mido had to stop, his jaw dropped, seeing what came into vision a ways off from them. What he saw was a building, no, more than that; there were many buildings. Octavius, check it out. We might have just found some long lost treasure buddy! The abigor had to have seen exactly what he had; he was just impressed they came across something. Getting closer the Dasa noticed that there were actually a lot more buildings than he first thought. It was a mobile home park that the duo stumbled across but the mix hadn’t the slightest idea what to call them. He stopped dead center in the middle of a four way intersection. Running over to one of the standing mailboxes he opened it up and pulled out the contents. It was a laminated card with a goat holding its mouth wide open. Ohio. Wish you were here. Okay. The Huskadore didn’t quite get the humor of it.

Walking back towards the male De Angelo Mido was thinking up some kind of strategy. We could search through the buildings together. Or, we can split up and rummage. We can probably cover more grond if we go through the buildings individually. We could meet up later and show and tell. What your thoughts partner?

[/html]
[html]

WC:5+ good lord...DREAM COME TRUE xD

The words given to the boy from the older male were a bit frustrating, but he decided to just accept that they were out in the middle of nowhere and would eventually find something. Though patience wasn’t his strongest suit, he’d just have to get over it for now. At least he had company out here in the dense forest…else he might have gone mad already! Sighing, the young man reached out and took the meat from Mido gently, lifting it to his face and ripping off a chunk to chew on for a while. Thanks…sorry for that, just a bit bored and impatient.

Octavius almost let out a strained groan when Mido began to walk again, almost wanting to just sit down and not move for a while. This was the furthest that the youngster had ever gone, and so far he was kind of wishing he’d just not done it at all. Still chewing on the dried meat, he dropped his head a bit and watched his feet as he walked, counting the steps until that became boring as well. The frustration was beginning to build up again when Mido came to an abrupt halt and crowed out in delight. The white male’s head snapped up and he gasped, taking in the many oddly shaped buildings scattered all around.

Bouncing with excitement, he ran closer to the building next to the one Mido was at, nodding in agreement. Yeah…faster if we split. Are you lookin’ for anything? I’ll bring stuff back here to the middle if it won’t fit in my bag. Squirming with anticipation, he took a few moments to let the Dasa answer before darting up to the building and pushing against the door. There was a soft groan before the feeble thing popped and busted inwards, nearly falling off its hinges. The first step in was cautious, trying to make sure that the floor wasn’t going to collapse under his wide feet. So far, it held stable.

Two steps into the structure, there were weird smells and odd things lying around. So much that he wanted to snatch up and take back home to let his mom look over. Flicking open drawers and cabinets, he snatched up a few pieces of silverware and other tiny trinkets. Another few steps in and he was able to reach in to a linen closet, pulling out what used to be whole sheets, blankets and towels. A few of them, while tattered, still retained great colors, so he bundled them up and stuffed them under his arm. Grinning happily, he took more steps in and continued to loot the place.

Fifteen minutes later, he dubbed himself done with the first building and darted out towards the ‘meeting point’. One big blanket, green in color and still in good shape, was spread on the ground and he dropped everything else on top of it. There were a few kitchen knives, silverware, other linens and a few articles of clothing…nothing else of use had been in the small house, so it was time to move on to the next.

<style>
[/html]
WC:: 349 OOC:: Still working on getting my muse back... Sad I'm sure I will find it again.

[html]

Mido told the Abigor about his thought process, if they’d split up technically they should be able to cover more ground more quickly. He watched the snow white male’s expression as he awaited a response. To the Dasa it sounded like Octavius agreed with the idea. Speaking up the young man asked if he was looking for anything. Anything we can use as a weapon, anything dangerous, knives, you can never have too many knives. He answered the boy’s question with a bug smile. The older male had a good sized weapon collection, but he figured that Anathema as a whole could use as much as they could put their hands on. Alright then, if I see anything I think will interest you all drop it off here.

As quickly as the two had formulated a plan the boy was off getting into one of the trailers. Moving in the opposite direction the male attempted to enter the front door of the single wide nearest him. No matter how hard he pushed and shoved it seemed he couldn’t get in. Going around the side of the semi rickety structure he found himself a half open window he could get through if he opened it more. Pushing it open all the way he quickly scrambled inside. To his left was a tiny bathroom, barely big enough to move around in. Walking down the hall, he entered the living room near the front door he tried to come through. It was no wonder he was incapable of opening it, a massive bureau had been pushed in front of it. Mido quickly ransacked the mobile home, taking whatever he found interesting. The Dasa dumped off the only things he took from trailer one into the pile the boy had started. The male grabbed a metal bat that he broke a door with trying to figure it out, a small tool set and fly tying kit for Octa. Turning away from the growing collection of stuff he made a dash for the next trailer, hoping he would have better luck with the rest.

[/html]