There goes my fare thee well
[html]
Rachias took only one last look back. Back to the lands that she suspected held her brother's body. To the place that she had romped and called home for so long. She was leaving it now, leaving it for good with no intentions to ever return. She'd only gone back to try and find him, like she should have been allowed to when the fire had broken out. Rachias should have died back there trying to find him, should have died in the fire trying to drag him or his corpse of whatever was left of him out. It hadn't been allowed though. Gabriel refused to let her stay behind. Certainly he saw her sudden disappearance coming.

Now though, still without a single idea of what might have come of Arkham, no evidence that he had indeed perished in the fire, she returned. The moon was high in the sky by the time Rachias finished her trek over the small mountain path, heading back in to the lands that her family had retreated to once the fire had started. It wasn't her family that Rachias planned to return to though, at least not those in Inferni. She would find her father, at some point or another, just to make sure that he was safe, and then begin a life all her own.

[/html]
I am stealing your thread, weee.[html]

Traveling wasn’t really that hard. Sirius had made it seem impossible but now Apollo knew the truth. Sure, it took a long time and some parts of the journey were a bit frightening, but Apollo didn’t see what the big deal was. Sirius could shut up and stop bragging about he had gone all the way to Shadowed Sun by himself.

He had found the border, but didn’t care much about venturing in. The smell of his father was thick along the lines of trees, and it made him sick to his stomach. Pilot wasn’t his father, not really. Weren’t your parents supposed to raise you? He had hardly done that. Apollo didn’t even have a mother. All he had was himself. Sirius, maybe (but he didn’t even know that Sirius was only a half brother to him). He didn’t belong in Twilight Vale. He didn’t belong in Shadowed Sun. The youth was confused and felt alone. Maybe he would leave when he was old enough to fend for himself. Maybe he would make his parents sorry for not raising him and loving him as they should have.

[/html]
[html]
The scent of wolves was thick in the area that she had chosen to move through, clinging to the trees and even the grass, it seemed. In a way, it comforted the girl. It was good to know that they had returned and gathered to begin life again. That Inferni had scared them all off in to another direction. Despite all of that, she couldn't help but worry what might be going on. Her brother was not one to be messed with or shown up, and she wouldn't be surprised to find that there might already be some kind of conflict. It was bad enough that she hadn't found her brother, that she would soon find that she might be losing her father, but then to find that the rest of her family had tossed themselves in to some kind of war.

She tried not to think about it as she moved along the trees, finding it much harder than she expected it to be. She couldn't keep her mind off of it, even though she didn't intend to go back there. That was the case, at least, until she came across the smaller figure. He was just off in the distance, a young wolf, at least she gathered that from his size. Slowing up some, trying to look as friendly as she could, she finally eased herself to a stop a few feet away. "You look lost." And not in the sense that he didn't know where he was, either.

[/html]
[html]

In November he would be able to shift, but that seemed so far away to the youngster. He watched the others in Twilight Vale walking around the house sometimes shifted to two legs and he envied them for being older than he was. It wasn’t that he wanted to be old, it was just that he wanted to be able to take care of himself on his own. Until he was able to do that, Apollo would be stuck living in Twilight Vale.

The voice startled him, and Apollo’s ears dropped to his head. He turned his mismatched eyes on the coyote, concluding that he didn’t know who it was. Their statement? Well, it was true in a sense. Apollo didn’t know where he was going, "I am," in life and in general.

[/html]
[html]
It was nice to find that someone didn't automatically become wary of her presence. Of course, it could have been the fact that he may still have been to young to fully understand the 'danger' of coyotes. Either way, it was a nice feeling, even if she did frown at his answer. She waited a moment, blue eyes studying his face and his expression, before seating herself. The girl hesitated a moment before finally speaking. "I feel like that a lot." She admitted finally, though kept the smile that laced itself across her lips. She had moved from home to home for so long, not quite ever feeling as if she belonged or as if they wanted her. "My father and mother were from different packs and I never understood where exactly I belonged."

She would find, soon, that she belonged with her father, but as of yet she was still unaware of that fact. "My mother was the leader of a pack of Coyotes called Inferni." She began to explain, unsure whether or not the younger male might have any knowledge of the lands that they had previously come from or the packs that had been there. "My father was the leader of a pack of wolves though, and Inferni hates them with a passion." If anything, she hoped that her words would make him realize that he was not alone.

[/html]
[html]

"I don’t have a mother," Apollo confided in Rachias. He felt a little bit connected to her because she claimed to have felt like he was feeling now. Even if she was a complete stranger, he felt comforted by her presence. He had no idea of knowing that her mother was likely to rip out his throat for being born of the coyote’s Genus cousin. Ultimately he would come to understand the passion for hate that the clan seemed to nurture.

"My father lives in a different pack then me, but he’s not much of a dad. I don’t really consider him family, really." He stared down at his white paws; slightly large for his body, they seemed. It was a trait that he inherited from the wolf he felt so distant from. He looked to Rachias then, asking, "Do you live in Inferni?"

[/html]
[html]
"Neither do I." She offered the young male. She had one somewhere, of course, but Rachias had decided when she was younger that, if her mother didn't care enough about them to stick around, then she would show the same lack of caring for her mother. Quite honestly though, she did spend nights wondering just where her mother had gone, how she was doing, and why she had even left in the first place. It was a rough life to live, and she understood it. A mother who didn't even care enough to stick around, not even enough to tell them that she was leaving, and a father who had never really wanted to be a father at all. Arkham had been her stone, or at least for as long as she had him.

"I used to live there, but not anymore." She had decided, even before arriving back in the lands, that she would not be returning there to live. "I figure I'll try and make my way in the world on my own." The girl was tempted to question him about his family. Why didn't he have a mother? Had he gone to his father and been shunned just the same as she had when she was little? The young woman had decided against it though, he was already lost in life at such a young age, she didn't need to get him upset by asking him things like that. "Is that what you're doing? Trying to make it on your own?"

[/html]
[html]

He was surprised to hear her say that – she seemed to have so much in common with him. He smiled then, not because he was glad she was experiencing this too, but because he knew for sure he wasn’t alone, was he? It just solidified the fact that the world was a seriously messed up place.

"Yeah, I suppose so. I’m leaving my pack." He looked to Rachias, trying to pry her knowledge from her just with the stare of his mismatched eyes. She must have known a lot about living on her own. He wanted to know what it was like. But he supposed he would find out for himself once he left Twilight Vale behind. "Is it hard?" Apollo asked, "Being alone?"

[/html]
[html]
"It can be hard sometimes." She began with a faint nod, keeping gentle eyes on him. "It's especially hard if you've always lived in a place with others. Even if you never really got to know them or spent time with them, they were still always there, you always knew there was someone else there. Makes you feel kind of lonely sometimes." That had been the hardest for her to adjust to, knowing that there wasn't anyone else with her. Even if she never spent time with the members of Clouded Tears or very much of her family when in Inferni, knowing that she was alone and on her own made her feel lonely. "It's not always like that though. It could be different for you than it was for me." Maybe he wanted to be alone, but Rachias sort of doubted that.

"Keeping yourself taken care of and fed can be hard sometimes also, if you don't know how to hunt or fish on your own." She was certain that he knew that, but the girl was discreetly seeking information from the young male. Did he know how to hunt or fish? She wouldn't want to send him off thinking that he could make it on his own without being sure that he could feed himself. If he couldn't, she could easily come up with many reasons that might weigh his mind heavily against going off on his own.

[/html]
Mind if we close this up? I kind of killed it by dragging it out so long. [html]

He had considered that keeping himself alive would be a challenge, which is why he wasn’t going to leave Twilight Vale when he had first had the idea. Now that he was getting older, however, he was also getting larger. He figured by the time he was around 6 or 7 months old, he would be able to fend for himself. DaVinci would be a big help as well, but the pup had yet to meet the steel colored hybrid.

He nodded to her words, trying to understand. He didn’t know how to hunt yet, but he aimed at learning very soon. Fishing had never been something he had done either, but he would ask around and see if anyone knew about that. Maybe he would pry some of that information from his father, if the Shadowed Sun leader was willing to help. "I suppose I’ll find out on my own once I leave them," he told her, "but I don’t plan on doing that ‘til I’m a bit bigger. I want to be able to get food and ev’rything."

He rose to his paws, again noticing how they seemed a little too large for the rest of his frame. He offered the hybrid a soft smile. "Well, I better get going. It was nice to meet you, uhhh." He realized they had never introduced. "Well, I’m Apollo," he told her, blushing from having forgotten to tell her from the beginning. "I hope you find whatever it is that you were looking for," he added, before turning to head off.

[/html]
[html]
"I'm Rachias." She offered him with a faint smile, nodding her head in understanding of the statement that he should get going. "If you ever have trouble or need anything after you go out on your own, don't hesitate to look for me." She added quickly, just as he turned off to lead. The young woman continued to sit there, watching him as he disappeared off into the lands, farther than her eyes could see. For a moment, she wondered if the advice that she gave him was sound, but after swimming in her thoughts for a bit, she decided that she had offered him the best that she could. Maybe she would see him again one day.

[/html]