Hope I'm not being too forward..
She stood tall in her Optime form, her arms extended out as she placed her bird onto a branch, who she still had yet to name. He was growing feathers now, his fluff slowly disappearing, He was turning into an adolescent and it was time to start the training, but he needed to learn to fly. She placed him on a safe height, probably safer than necessary, she admittedly babied her bird at times. She stood a few feet away and held out her left arm. It was gloved to protect it from his talons. "Up, up!" She commanded and he lowered down then spread his wings attempting to hop from the branch to her arm. Sucess! Then she gave him a little venison she had saved in a pouch on her hip. Placing him back onto the branch she added distance and repeated.

This was what she would be doing most of the day. Creating distance and reinforcing his success. He was beginning to have to flap his wings when the distance became four feet, but she caught him giving him a reward for his efforts. "Good boy!" He was a quiet bird, she knew he could start to reply to her, but he remained silent. His eyes doing most of the talking for him. She hand her hand down his head to the back of his neck, "You're doing great..I'm sure in a few weeks you'll be able to fly soon!" She brought him close and kissed the top of his head, one hand rested on his beak pushing it down a little while she kissed his head. It was a cautionary measure. She was sure he wouldn't bite, but she didn't want him to get the idea if he got temperamental. After all, he was nearly a teenager.

She was still in heat, and after a run in with Noah, Tharin, and Augustus she was doing more to avoid without actually going out of her way to do so. She kept to herself and minded her own business with her bird. He was growing and they needed to do some bonding, even if her hormones were all over the place. In truth it still disappointed her mate has not been around the pack since they were excepted. It made her heart sink...again. She sat down leaning against a tree, one leg folded up, her left arm prompt onto her knee. It helped support the weight that the eagle had. Her eyes searching his as he looked around taking in all the sounds and sights around him. A light smile held onto her muzzle. "It seems you're the only constant companion I have..."
[html]

OOC here!

Thanatos had been away from the pack quite often so he felt the need to stay within the borders for a while. He still hadn’t met all of the members in his pack yet, which would be best if he did. His thoughts traveled to the golden woman he seemed to love being around. She was a gorgeous woman, strong and powerful, fierce and not afraid to go all out in a fight, and still held the beauty that couldn’t be compared to many others. Amy seemed to be on his mind a lot lately. Perhaps he could go see her again at some point. It wouldn’t be hard to find her, he could pretty much recognize her scent anywhere at that point. Thanatos could wait though, there was no rush.

He was walking around New Dawn when he picked up an intoxicating scent. Thanatos followed it, wanting to find the source of the sweet smell. He came across a pack member. A woman in Optime form leaning against a tree with an eagle on her arm. She certainly was a looker with those nicely defined curves, that lovely coat, and the soft eyes. He picked up what she said and stepped forward, quickly shifting to Optime as he moved closer. With him standing at 8 and a half feet, she appeared dwarfish in comparison, It didn’t really bother Thanatos though, she was still a beautiful woman in heat. He just couldn’t help but get closer. He doesn’t need to be your only companion Miss. I apologize for not introducing myself sooner but I am Thanatos, it is a pleasure to meet you. He gave her a small bow as he introduced himself, acting like a gentleman.

<style>
.thanatos .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.thanatos p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.thanatos b {color:#0B2161; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.thanatos {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... apwv-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:500px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#BDBDBD; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
Her bird spotted the man long before she did and her eyes looked up as he approached and spoke. He was tall, but not overly tall from what she had seen from most in Optime form. She rose as he bowed, and she blushed a little. "Uh, well, he really isn't. I have a mate, his name is Ookami and he...he's somewhere..." She thought she came of strong in her words, making it a point to put it out there that she was taken, but realized just then that she had no proof of Ookami. He wasn't around, and she felt foolish. Her soft voice again spoke, "..I'm Adonia Demos. It's nice to meet you Thanatos." She curtsied in response to his bow, "..and this is my bird...who is...not named, yet..." She gestured to her Golden Eagle as she spoke of him. His strong eyes looked over the stranger, sizing him up and his chest puffed out. Already the Eaglet felt Adonia was his, and who was he to know any better. The bird hadn't met the man she named many times in introductions to others. For all he knew he could be this Ookami she spoke of...but he knew better. He wasn't named.

"This is the first time I've scented you...I take it you're not within the borders much?" Her soft two toned eyes looked up into his red ones. He was tall, taller than she expected. He was a whole two feet taller than she. She felt quite small in comparison, however, he came off so nice. Much like Ookami. Her ears rolled back, "..out of curiosity...have you seen my mate? He's a large male, off white color..."
[html]

OOC here!

The woman stood as he bowed, seeming to be a little embarrassed. Thanatos was a little confused by the woman’s words. She had a mate but didn’t know where he was? Why would a man leave such a beautiful woman’s sight? Especially while she’s in heat. There were so many out there who would take advantage of such a girl. She introduced herself as Adonia and gave a cute little curtsy. The Golden Eagle she had was still rather young but he was still a handsome bird. No name yet huh? Any ideas? He stepped forward and reached his hand out to pet the bird.

Yes, regrettably, I have not been within the borders as often as I probably should. Even though he was so close to the woman in heat, he wouldn’t allow himself to lay a hand on her. She belonged to someone else, even if he wasn’t around. Adonia asked if Thanatos had happened to see her mate and gave a rough description of him. I apologize miss, I am afraid I have not seen your mate. I will keep an eye out for him though. I’m sure he will come back soon though. No man is stupid enough to leave such a beauty unattended in the state you’re in. I do apologize if I am too forward by saying so. He gave a small bow of his head and smiled at the woman. She certainly was beautiful but she was mated and he was currently interested in the golden angel named Amy.

<style>
.thanatos {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... apwv-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:500px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#BDBDBD; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
Her smile grew as he showed interest in her feathered friend. He made a motion to pet the young eaglet and being not used to many touches by strangers his body hunched down and his head moved, keeping his beak at an angle that allowed him to bite if the man made any motion to arm him. He let out a small protest as the hand descended onto him, he couldn't keep his beak aligned for long, he put his head in a normal position watched as his down was petted. Mouth open and tongue raised watching the hand. Adonia couldn't help but laugh, "Now, now...he isn't going to hurt her...plus I wouldn't allow anyone to hurt you, you should know that.." She petted his chest with the back of her free hand to calm him down. It worked.

Her head turned looking back to Thanatos and answered his questions, "Unfortunately, no...but I have had a few ideas. I thought about going with a god name...something meaning god of the skies, but I haven't had the chance to look for books..especially not while I'm...you know. I don't want to leave the safety of the pack while in such a condition..not that the pack is necessarily 100% safe while I'm in...well you know. Without Ookami around..I'm surprised he would abandon me. I can't find his scent anywhere..and already a male tried to mark me as his own...luckily I was able to get him to back away by reminding him I was taken." Her ears flattened for a moment as he mentioned he hadn't seen her mate.

It made her chest feel heavy. Had Ookami truly left her this time? His words continued and she felt flattered for a moment, "...no you're fine..but I'm afraid he might be stupid...it isn't the first time he'd disappeared on me..and to think, I took him back so quickly." Another thought dawned onto her but she pushed it away as quickly as it came. Maybe her mother was right. She took in a sharp breath and her eyes looked up for a moment, she had suddenly had a sad look in her eyes but she smiled a little trying to push her emotions away, "..so, maybe my...you know, will let up here in a week and I can venture back out and try to find a book on names or something...I really want to give him a good name."

She looked to her feathered companion and brought her hand slightly over his head, her thumb rested on his beak as she drew him close and gave him a little kiss on the head, "..You'll always be here for me..I hope!" She said in a cheery voice, her thumb slipping and the bird turned his head toward her face and moved his beak right at her. She felt his beak touch her, but he didn't bite, instead he nibbled as if preening her coat. Adonia laughed, almost giggled at the feeling of him preening her chin. "..well, that's the first!"
[html]

OOC here!

A chuckled escaped his throat as the bird attempted to dodge Thanatos’ hand. She’s right, I’m not going to hurt you. See? He held his hand out to the bird to show he had no intention of harming him.

Thanatos listened quietly as Adonia spoke. I’m sure you will come up with an amazing name. He gave her a smile as she continued, explaining how she didn’t feel safe, even in the pack, while she was in heat. His smile disappeared when she mentioned that another tried to mark her as his own even though she was taken. I am sorry Adonia. I am sure Ookami will be back soon. It isn’t right for you to not feel safe inside the pack though. If you would like, I could keep you company until either your mate returns or your cycle ends. I promise you, I have no intention of taking you for myself, I just don’t like how you seem to feel unsafe wherever you go. He meant every word too. He knew she was taken and he would not allow himself to even get any ideas.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 000

She watched as her companion animal watched the man's hand. His mouth was still open, then he eyed the hand as it stilled, an offering. For a moment his eyes sparked with a mischievious gleam in his eye, Adonia immediately recognized it, "Eh, eh! Don't you dare!" He fluffed then sat high, head turned away. The man was safe from him, and it appeared no harm to him, so he was now placid for the time being. Adonia let out a small giggle before her ears perked and her attention when to Thanatos. "I hope so too..." She responded in reference to naming the eaglet. A fond smile came to her as she looked over to the funny feathered friend.

Their conversation went from the feathered companion, to her canine companion..er..mate. Thanatos was being very kind and the more he spoke the more she felt a blush coming on. Her blue eyes looked up to him with a slight shimmer, "That is very kind and thoughtful of you, sir. I would appreciate it, but I wouldn't want to be of any trouble to you...I'm sure you have better things to do!" She exclaimed near flustered and embarrassed that he would want to keep her company during her heat.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to effika

<style>
.adoniaaly-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/V36Sy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ca61a3; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 375px 0px; color:#262a0b; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.adoniaaly-2 b {color:#ceb5bc; }
.adoniaaly-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.adoniaaly-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.adoniaaly-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.adoniaaly-2 .wordcount {color:#262a0b; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #262a0b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Thanatos chuckled at the bird before turning his attention back to the woman before him. I know you will find the perfect name for him. He gave her a small smile before their conversation shifted back over to her missing mate. A large smile spreading across his face as he noticed the shimmer in her eyes, happy that she accepted his offer. There was no need for her to feel unsafe during her heat, especially around her own pack. He had been around other females in his old pack while they were in heat, so he was at least somewhat used to the strong scent. He wouldn’t ever allow himself to touch a mated woman, no matter how beautiful she was.

He took her hand in his and gently kissed the top of it. Trust me Miss, it would be no trouble to me. I would prefer to see to it that you feel safe until your mate returns. We wouldn’t want someone trying to claim you again now would we? And don’t worry, I have no intention of coming between you and your mate, only to help you. The old him wouldn’t have cared if she had a mate or not and would have already claimed her as his own, but that part of him was long gone. Thanatos wanted only to help the young woman, nothing more.

<style>
</style>
[/html]