Settling in [AW]
[html]

Back-dated to the 23rd.

Noon had not yet passed as Ignatius watched Zalen trek across the meadow to go rejoin his pack. He took in a deep breath, relaxing as the male’s shape gradually faded from view. Now it was just him and Pippa in the vast field of flowers. Ignatius turned to the horse once Zalen was out of sight and started to detach her from his cart. He stored her saddle in the wagon, as well as her harness and rope lead. Once she was completely free and happily grazing on the wildflowers, Iggy stopped to take in his surroundings.

It was beautiful here. Flowers of every color swayed in the light spring air and the air smelled heavily of their perfume, enough to make him dizzy when he took a deep breath. From here, he had a good view of both the sea and the mountains. It had been a while since he had been so close to the sea and the sound of the waves crashing on the shore reminded him of the home he had left. He didn’t even need to see the rest of the territory to know he would be sleeping here. The eastern horizon promised beautiful sunrises and he wouldn’t miss that for anything.

He could have admired this meadow all day, but he had things he needed to do. His wagon needed to be organized before he shifted into his lupus form. He wouldn’t need anything from it while he was here but he did not want to wait until he was leaving to get his things in order. He turned back to where he had parked the covered wagon and started to re-organize his things. Soon, there was a pile of his things on the ground beside the wagon and he jumped in and out to put them all in their rightful places.

<style>
.iggy .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.iggy p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.iggy b {color:#FFCC33; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.iggy {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... yosz-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:60px; margin:0 auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.iggy .inner {margin:500px 10px 30px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; }
</style>[/html]
There was something going on outside the pack. Tharin had seen the alpha go out, and caught him returning afterwards. The scent of another was on him. Curious the young wolf had gone out past the territory. His jaw dropped at the peculiar sight before him. A large prey animal, even larger than the caribou he'd hunted, was out there. It was all by itself, grazing very contentedly. It didn't seem concerned about the presence of wolves at all. Even stranger, there was this large wooden human object there. Tharin knew it hadn't been there before, and it didn't look like it had just been made. How had it gotten there?

Several items came flying in and out, Tharin staring in amazement at the leaping luperci. Coming closer he nosed at the pile softly, sniffing curiously. What was all this? He hadn't seen any of it before. Tharin hadn't had the courage to enter a ruined town he'd found, and seeing the various small items was difficult to handle. He didn't know what to make of it. Backing up Tharin glanced at the luperci with confusion. Perhaps he'd explain to him what was going on. He sat down politely, waiting for the work to be finished. He didn't want to interrupt, especially when faced with someone so much larger than him, making him a little uneasy.
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow had been told by Zalen that he would need to watch the new comer to there pack and Shadow of course accepted without hesitation as he always did for he was there for his pack and for his leaders. He had proven himself and was made a Epsilon but even though he was promoted he would still continue to push himself and continue to rise in the ranks because that's who he was. He left Zalen after getting his orders and then he headed to where he would meet the stranger. He moved in Lupus form and even though he was in that form he was still a beast in terms of size.

He reached were the wagon was and he stopped a short distance away and nodded lightly as he spoke and held himself proud showing his rank in his stance. Hello there Ignatius, I am Shadowfang but you can call me Shadow. I have been told to keep an eye on you and to help you out with anything I can.He smelled the air around the man and then he smiled lightly picking up his mate on the mans fur and he also picked up Zalens scent and he saw his brother Tharin sitting near the wagon.

I see you have already met my mate Insomnia, dark fur bundle of energy and kindness. She and Zalen are among the best in terms of meeting strangers at the boarders and it seems my brother Tharin has also taken an interest in your work. Shadow smiled to his brother and then continued to Ignatius If we wanted to boost our numbers all we would need would be Insomnia there to say hi and be her self.

Shadow chuckled lightly as he shiftted to his Optime form and he was now much taller than anyone around. He reached out his hand and shook the hand of the man in front of him and then after catching his name he looked to his side to see Tharin sitting there waiting for the man to finish setting up. You mostly likely have plenty of work to do, I'll move aside and let you get to it unless you need help with anything then I would be honored to help.

<style>
.darkshadow .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.darkshadow p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.darkshadow b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.darkshadow {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... Wolf-3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-top-right-radius:40px; border-top-left-radius:40px; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A1A1A1; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
.darkshadow .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #bdbdbd; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

He's in the pack territory right now. Setting up camp in Sunrise Meadow.

The feeling of watching eyes made Ignatius pause. He turned to look behind him and his eyes fell on a wolf sitting patiently beside a pile of his things. At first, he didn’t know what to say and he just stood there looking dumbfounded. He had a jar full of a yellowish liquid in one hand but it was forgotten as he regarded the stranger. The wolf smelled of New Dawn, which wasn’t a surprise; he was in their territory after all. Eventually he did speak, breaking the silence with his accented voice. “Hello there.” He looked at the jar in his hand and frowned, trying to remember what he was doing with it.

He didn’t get time enough to figure it out before another wolf came up to him and started talking. He twitched his ear at his name, but otherwise let the black wolf speak. He certainly had a lot to say. Iggy replied when it was appropriate as he stood in his wagon and still held the jar in his hand. “Nice to meet you, Shadow. I see that you’ve already learned my name.” It hadn’t taken Shadow long to get here. They must really be afraid of what he might do. “Ah, yes. She was very… excited about my staying here. Your Alpha was very kind to let me stay and entertain your pack tonight.” He flicked his eyes back to the silent wolf as Shadow mentioned him but then quickly turned back as the black wolf continued to talk.

After waiting until Shadow completed his shift, Iggy held out the hand that wasn’t holding the jar to shake the other’s hand. As Shadow stepped away, he again remembered that the jar was still in his hand. He held it up as he spoke. “Yes, lots to do.” He found the place where he stored his jars and deposited the one he had been holding at last. Thinking of something, he turned back to the dark male. “If you could hand that stuff up to me..” He pointed toward the pile near Tharin. “..that would be really helpful.” Shaodw would be honored to help after all and he wouldn’t want to offend those he was staying with.

<style>
.iggy .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.iggy p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.iggy b {color:#FFCC33; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.iggy {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... yosz-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:60px; margin:0 auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.iggy .inner {margin:500px 10px 30px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; }
</style>[/html]
Tharin turned his head, nose twitching as he watched Shadow step forward. His tail swished softly, glad to see his friend there. The greeting that came from the stranger brought Tharin back to what was happening. Hello. He really wanted to ask what it was that he was holding, but the confused frown on the stranger's face made him wonder if the luperci even knew what it was. The babbled greeting that came from Shadow brought a crooked smile to Tharin's face, working on not cracking up with laughter. It was so friendly, and probably overwhelming for the stranger to hear all this at once. Ignatius. Interesting name. Different from the ones he was used to.

Ignatius seemed to take it in well enough, though seeing Shadow shift immediately left Tharin feeling ill. He stared at the pile laying near him, doing his best to not hurl. It was so sickening, watching that happen. The sounds of crunching bones finally stopped, the simple wolf sighing with relief. He hated seeing that. Tharin eyed the pile that was near him again, this time speaking up. What is that? He grabbed a cloth from the pile, dragging it over to the stranger. His attempt at being helpful. It wasn't as good as someone who actually could grip stuff, but at least he wasn't getting in the way like an oversized pup.
SHadow looked to Tharin as he tried to help and he smiled as he kneeled over by him and patted him on the head lightly as he reached down and started to grab things about help out by handing them to the stranger. Shadow kept moving noce and easy not moving to fast and not to slow and the entire time his tail moved lightly behind him. He watched Tharin and chuckled lightly at his friendly brother. Tharin was a good guy and meant well.

When Shadow had looked to Tharins face after Shadow shifted made him feel sorry for the wolf, At least Shadow was able to shift very fast, faster than any other person he has met yet. Shadow would hands things that would be easy for a person in Lupus form to carry and at as Shadow handed Tharin things it bright a smile to his face to see his brothers tail going and he swore at one point he heard a whine, he was like a big pup but Shadow loved him and was glad to see that he could help.

Maybe if Tharin decided that he wanted to be Luperci later in the future then Shadow could help, Until that day however, Shadow was perfectly fine with anything and everything that his brother had to offer to the pack.
[html]

It was nice to have help. The job would go much faster with more hands, and mouths, to put everything back in its rightful place. It was something that had to be done every time he stopped, at least when he wanted to know where his things were when he stayed somewhere for a while. There was probably ways to keep his stuff from shifting while he travelled but he hadn’t bothered to figure it out. He liked doing it; it made his stays seem a little more prominent.

As Shadow patted Tharin on the head, Ignatius almost cringed. To him, the gesture seemed very rude. Patting was something you did to pets or puppies, not to full grown wolves, even if they were half your size. Any hand reaching over his head would be seen as an attack and where he came from the dogs had been very careful to not reach over others. At least if they didn’t want to have their hand bitten off. His eyes hardened slightly toward the black male, disliking him already.

A smile replaced the hard stare as Tharin came up to him with a cloth dragging from his mouth. Iggy bent down to retrieve the cloth from him and he held up the dark material to examine it. “This?” He stood again and shook out the cloth before swinging it around his shoulders. “This is my cloak.” He pulled up the hood and grinned at Tharin. Did he really not know what a cloak was? These wolves really had shunned the human ways. “It keeps me warm. Where I’m from its warm most of the time so my fur isn’t as thick as yours is.” He tried to explain it without making the male feel stupid, or like he was being talked down to but there was a slight condescending tone to his voice, like how one would sound when explaining something to puppies that he couldn’t help.

[/html]
He managed to stay still as his head was patted. For him this was the same as Shadow placing his head over him in lupine form, claiming dominance over him. Tharin was not a submissive creature. It immediately made him want to growl and move away, but Shadow was in fact his superior. He couldn't deny the male his right to assert his dominance. He did edge away as soon as the hand was removed, feeling better away from the oppressive feeling of dominance Shadow had left him with. He watched as the cloth was retrieved and shaken out, revealed to it's full length. There was a bit of mud on it from being dragged over the ground, the same as most things he had to move.

He crouched down as the cloak swirled around, settling onto the wolf before him. Tharin stared with a mixture of fascination and confusion, wondering why there was a cloth made for the luperci to wear. Surely they didn't need such a thing. He nodded his head in understanding, doing his best to not growl at the slight condescension in the tone. He really did feel like an idiot for asking now. He backed up and started to retrieve other items, keeping his mouth shut about them this time. Tharin was a proud wolf, one that wanted to serve his pack. He did no one any good by looking the fool before a stranger.
Shadow looked to both the wolves and knew he had done something wrong. Shadow looked to his hand and he closed his eyes as he growled lightly. This form was good but he was accustomed to doing things that weren't wolf like while on two legs. He looked to Tharin and saw the discomfort and while Ignatius talked to Tharin he saw the look on his eyes too. Shadow was a fool...things like that, that was the reason he was alone for so long.

He got comfortable and disrespected his brother without even meaning too. Shadow looked down and handed Ignatius one more thing that was big that Tharin would not be able to help with and he nodded to both of them. Sorry....I forgot myself.... Shadow turned away from them and his tail was no longer wagging. He walked over to a tree and leaned up against it and he looked to the ground.

He would continue to watch over the stranger and his brother because Zalen told him too but he had messed up and he would be happy when it was all over. Shadow needed to get away and collect himself. Shadow needed to remember who he was around and what he was suppose to act like. Such a fool.
OOC: Just a warning, there is very loud screaming at the beggining of the song. 1:40 is where the song actually begins Tongue

[html]

Now he had done it. Instead of bringing joy and happiness and all those warm, fuzzy feelings to these wolves he had made one of them feel stupid and the other one ashamed. Perhaps he had judged the black male a little too harshly. Everyone forgot things sometimes. He continued to take the things that Tharin passed to him but now he put them in their rightful places in silence. Jars, cloths and little things he had made while he travelled were all organized and stored away. Ready for when he would need them again.

He wasn’t sure how he could put an end to the silence that had occurred after Shadow’s apology. Well, not until Tharin picked up his Guitar and handed it to him. Iggy’s eyes lit up and he smiled brightly as he took it from the wolf. “Now this..” He said as he gave it a strum and then fiddled with the tuners. “..is a guitar.” He paused for a second as he got it tuned. When he was done, he took a seat on the back of his wagon. His legs dangled over the edge and he threw the strap of the instrument around his neck. This was something that he didn’t need words to explain and as he played the first chords of a song, he looked to both of the wolves with a dazzling smile.

[/html]
He watched Shadow distance himself, slightly confused. Sure, he didn't like being dominated, but that didn't mean that Shadow was in the wrong. He was Tharin's superior after all. Well, it didn't matter. He'd continue his work. He turned back to carrying the items, grabbing a particularly large one that was difficult to handle. He dragged it across, teeth digging lightly into the wood. Tharin hoped that he wouldn't mind it, having no way to move it otherwise. The wooden object was almost as long as a small wolf.

The glow in Ignatius' eyes as the guitar was retrieved answered with a wag from Tharin's tail. A sound was produced from it, explaining what it was. Tharin eyed the item curiously, wondering what purpose the noise maker served. His ears pricked as the sounds came, streaming into a song. Curious. Tharin had listened to some members of his pack sing, though he hadn't done so himself. This was completely different from that. He sat down, entranced by the music. He smiled up at the luperci, encouraging him to continue playing.
Shadow leaned against the tree and lightly, very lightly his ears moved at twitched. So the man could play guitar could he? Shadow closed his eyes and kept his distance. The only thing that gave him away to showed he was listening was his tail that was swaying in time with the beat of the song. Shadow kept his arms crossed and he opened his eyes for a second as he saw how happy Tharin was and there was happiness in the stranger as well. So he was an artist as well. Ignatius was a musical and craft type of artist while Shadow knew the art of killing. Both of the wolves Tharin and the stranger seemed to be getting along well. Shadow didn't see why Zalen couldn't trust the man who preferred the more human way of life. It was how things would continue to be though , New dawn was a pack for wolves wanting to live life in the old way, not the new so Shadow would of course do as he was asked.
[html]

He could have laughed aloud, that’s how happy he was when he saw that Tharin was smiling and even Shadow was tapping his tail to the beat of his song. He strummed a little louder and tapped his own foot against the wagon. He could really get into a song. He felt it deep down, all the way to his heart and it filled his whole body with raw emotion. There was nothing in the world that he had found that could reach him as deep as music could.

The introduction came to its last note and without hesitating, he added his voice to the music his fingers were making. It came out strong and though it was not the most beautiful voice out there, at least he was in tune.

Well sometimes the sun shines on other people's houses and not mine

Some days the clouds paint the sky all gray and it takes away my summertime.

Somehow the sun keeps shining upon you, while I struggle to get mine.

If there's a light in everybody, send out your ray of sunshine.

[/html]
The volume increased, Tharin stilling to listen to the music better. This was something new for him. He'd only really known singing in the howl, and the occasional wordless humming mothers made over their children. This was entirely new for him. He watched Ignatius' foot begin tapping against the wagon, a thumping beat joining in. It reminded him of the rhythm of the hunt when the deer stampeded, or perhaps the pattern of falling raindrops. He glanced up to the yellow eyes as the voice began to intermingle with the jingling of the guitar.

Tharin listened to the words, trying to make sense of what was being said, following along and piecing it together. The song was very happy, his tail wagging slowly behind him. The words were rather nonsensical. House? What was a house? It sounded like the house was in the woods, or perhaps a cave, if the sun wasn't reaching it. Clouds came during the summer, they most certainly didn't stop it. Tharin was pretty sure they were part of summer as well. The last part was completely bewildering. At least it sounded nice.
Shadow remained by the tree with arms crossed as his ears were alert. He took in the song, the beat, the words like he was trying to decode something. He did not smile but he did very much enjoy the music. He had heard people and play and sing before and this was ranked up there. Shadow however would not allow himself to show such happiness because he had treated his pack brother with disrespect. He treated him like a pet, like a fool, Shadow was not allowed happiness now, not until he was alone and he could calm his mind and come to peace with his foolishness. Shadow waited till the end before ever opening his eyes and once he did he nodded lightly and in a calm even tone that was neither happy or sad he spoke. Very nice, Ignatius, If you tell stories like you sing or play then the pack shall truly love it. Shadow let out a small breath as he looked to Tharin and then back to the floor. When would this night end.