Redirecting a Character.
Hey, I've been been debating on redirecting one of my characters. I've been having an on going relationship with another character, but it's been rough keeping her loyal to the character as the player has been absent from this site. I know the player is floating about the interwebs and have dropped a few messages his/her way, however, I don't want to hound about threads. I had thought it was a month IC that my character has interacted with the other player's but in actuality it has been nearly a whole two months. OOC I've had a response almost three weeks ago. I've let the player aware of a thread that needed replied to for over a month...still nothing. I'm not sure what to do...my character can't wait around, it's not fair to her, and probably not fair to me.

I know the player has been on the webs almost every other day, but I don't want to hound them. It doesn't seem like there's been anything going on to prevent him/her from getting on to 'Souls, but I could be wrong. I love the interactions between the characters, but if I keep rping with my character how am I suppose to play her out without her missing the other character, or moving on from the character? She can't be loyal forever..
I think in this, and a lot of other cases, it's best to just let the other player know how you feel -- namely, that you're feeling neglected/ignored and somewhat slighted, which I think is fair. If they continue to be unresponsive, give them an ultimatum of sorts: if they can't commit to being active with their character, then your character can't commit to remaining in the relationship. That's how things work in reality, too, so again, I think it's more than fair on your part. If things don't work out, then they don't work out. For better or worse, I think this sort of thing is why a majority of RP relationships end and why we have so many tragedies around here. XD

We can't always tell how active a player is going to be when our characters get mixed up. The best we can do is communicate as much as much as possible, be honest with your expectations, and move on if things don't work. :>
Thank you so much, you're so helpful :3

I'll send a message and hopes it is heeded...my charrie has a lot of options >:3

LMAO <3