Child at Heart
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 351

For once, Hotaru felt like she was on top of the world. Her trip to Halifax had been successful and she had managed to bring back not one, but two birds of prey. Dalgina had received a small falcon chick, while Hotaru had acquired a white falcon egg. Fawkes was less than thrilled with the idea, a dislike that had turned to down right hatred when Hotaru placed him on egg duty. He was the best creature for the job, although Fawkes complained relentlessly about his new responsibility. Hotaru tried her best to reassure him, but the red-tailed hawk continued to remain stubborn. However, to his credit, Fawkes did take care of the egg despite his misgivings. But the egg wasn't the reason why Hotaru was in such a good mood.

More than a month ago, Hotaru had managed to successfully set up a trade agreement with one of the Inferni scouts. Ithiel had dropped by recently to complete their deal. Hotaru had traded two of her bows, all of her arrows, and several bangles for three sheets of raw deer leather, a large leather satchel, and a hen. While the leather hide and bag had been a great investment, the blind wolf was less enthused by her chicken. The hen, while valuable, struggled with her constantly. It wasn't until Fawkes threatened to eat it, that the chicken decided that Hotaru wasn't so bad after all. Even so, the grey female tied the chicken's wings so that she could easily carry it.

With her new satchel full of leather and the hun tucked tightly under her arm, Hotaru set off to find Skye. It was awkward for her to carry both the chicken and her staff. Fawkes had to stay behind to warm the falcon egg, so Hotaru was forced to make the trip alone. It took her much longer than she liked to reach the pack leader's house. At last, Tessitore di Sogno made her way to Skye's door and neatly placed her staff against the house. Hotaru knocked three times before she stepped back to wait for an answer.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.hotaru-purplefireflies { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RhX5n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#805d7e; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies .wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style> @import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alegreya+SC);</style>Skye Collins
Word Count :: 000 yay <3

The woman stared out of her window overlooking the garden from her bedroom. The sill down so that the breeze may ruffle her hair and fur, she heaved a small sigh, the rise and fall of her chest clinking and clanking her necklaces together, like wind chimes. In a fluid motion, she reached out and shut the window, stilling all movement in her room - the cheerful sound of the breeze, the chatter of her packmates outside of her house, happiness, were lovely, yes, and arguably what she had wanted all along.. but now her heart weighed her down and she lay on her bed, staring instead at her ceiling.

There were then three raps on the door - Skye swung her legs out of bed and stood full in her Optime form, nothing donning her body but her jewelry, her belt and dagger, and the thin, slightly transparent blue skirt that she sometimes wore. She then opened the door as she came to it and found Hotaru - along with many goods, including a hen. Skye instinctively smiled, even though she knew that Hotaru could not see. The blind woman was clearly proud of what she had accomplished, as was Skye; the alpha's mood had no right to eclipse that. The woman before her had always been loyal and even if she was not always the most cheery, Skye did not mind in the least. Despite being blind, she was quite the asset to the pack, and Skye was proud to have her as a packmate and a friend.

"Hello, Hotaru!" she said. "How are you today?" She smiled once more, looking at the hen who seemed strangely still and silent for such a bird, who were usually cranky and squabbled at the slightest touch. "I see you have some new supplies," she remarked happily - trade was always something she loved to see her members do.

Your the only one who saves me from myself, I abandoned this love and laid it to rest, And now I'm one of the forgotten

Image courtesy of auensen

<style>
.GR2_Skye3 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Skye3 b {font-family:verdana; color:#2b4131; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 {background-color:#d9dccb; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#7a8476; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3425/atable17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:210px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #7a8476; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Skye3 .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #7a8476; }
.GR2_Skye3 .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 .lyrics {color:#2b4131; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:13px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_Skye3 .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#102015; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #7a8476; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 320

The grey female stood back and waited for Skye to answer her call. Hotaru knew she had to show someone the prizes she had claimed, although she had no idea to whom specifically they needed to be shown. So, the Tessitore di Sogno defaulted to the pack's Capitana. In the brief period that it took Skye to reach the door, Hotaru had begun to feel rather silly. She felt like a small child, proudly presenting her accomplishments to her parent. She started to feel awkward and shifted nervously on her feet. The blind female managed to compose herself just as the footsteps reached the door.

Skye greeted her with a cherry voice and Hotaru inclined her head politely. "Hello Skye. I'm doing well. I was able to set up a trade with one of the Inferni scouts and we just completed the transaction. I traded a few bows, arrows, and bangles for this uh... chicken. It should behave for a while thanks to Fawkes. I also received the bag that I now carry along with all of the leather sheets inside. I uh... wanted to let you know." Hotaru paused, not entirely sure how to voice her thoughts. "I believe the chicken and leather would be valuable resources for the pack. Although, I am inclined to ask if I may keep the bag for myself. You see it's much larger than my old one and... well... it's not old."

By that time, Hotaru was mentally kicking herself. Her usual grace with words had abandoned her as the last remnants of her childish nature surfaced. The grey female was three years old, but there were still those rare occasions where she showed her immaturity. Most of the time, Hotau was able to deal with her childish side, but to show such an immature part of herself to an alpha was embarrassing. Hotaru turned her head down and wished that she would simply disappear.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.hotaru-purplefireflies { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RhX5n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#805d7e; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]