Let St. Christopher Guide You. AW
[html]

'Melia needs threads and and I feel bad about you guys so I thought I'd offer a thread... Along the former borders.

Word Count → 000

Amelia had wondered off from Anathema after meeting the lovely Rivers. He was a kind soul and now the family was back on track. It was understood they'd meet one another again, putting the female in a most excellent mood as she trekked the land. The kittens kept in tow, occassionaly growing weary so that the other two would pause for a camp. Other than they they kept moving in exploration. Charm's white pelt had been browning out for the summer. As usual, he chatted nonstop which kept Amelia preoccupied with her thoughts. She hadn't ever really minded the fox's stories so she just smiled and kept walking along.

After a few days, (the journey was lengthened since all animals participating had such small feet), they'd wondered up to some mountains. "Smells like a pack. You would think the borders wouldn't be so stale though." Charm helpfully gave a sniff, sitting back on his legs as the kits gathered beside his feet. "Maybe they've just been busy," he said with a shrug of his furry shoulders. Amelia eyed the border suspiciously. She didn't want trouble but at the same time this place reeked with it. Trouble like someone needed help.

Her hand fell down to the rosary around her neck. Her mother would want her to help if someone was in trouble and the gut feeling inside her lead her to think there was something wrong. I could pray over them and try to help... "Give a howl?" offered the arctic fox which broke her thoughts on her religion and helping people. "Hmm?" she said before processing his words, "Oh! Quite right... um..." Her head tilted back, letting loose a welcoming and helpful serenade. Yet at the same time when she let her voice fade a sense of urgency cried out to those she felt needed help.

"Now we wait," piped the fox rather cheerfully and oblivious to Amelia's mood change. Azul, noticing her wolf mother's mood, scurried over to her feet and rubbed along her shins mewing softly until Amelia scooped her up. There she sat against the mountain side, stroking the kitten and listening to Charm tell stories to Oro who hardly listened or cared.

<style type="text/css">
.amelfox b {font-weight:bold; color:#001327; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#3d4a52 1px 1px 2px;}
.amelfox c {font-weight:bold; color:#f2ffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#3d4a52 1px 1px 2px;}
.amelfox p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.amelfox {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#54666e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/flFjc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #251817; padding:450px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#adbcc3; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-radius:20px;}
.amelfox .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #3d4a52; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#3d4a52 1px 1px 2px;}
.amelfox .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>
[/html]
By Raze.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

While one would look upon this barren place and claim that all was lost, the life that still dwelled within the rolling valleys and clustered woods spoke of the contrary. Yet without the pungent scent of the lupine predators lurking through the lush grounds, frailer fodder was free to reclaim that once claimed place but remained clear of where the gathered scents were stronger.

A creature of habit, the Shepard of a small flock roamed the once claimed lands with blood adorning her golden maw and the tails of prey draped across her shoulders. A train of red followed her casual steps with flora and feathers still worn in a wild wreath atop her crown. She had the look of one that had not lost everything, but gained more with the passage of the trying times. Blessed perspective touched her brows, and though it was heavy and such a subtle thing, a soft smile curled her lips.

She lapped her maw in satisfaction as she perused the fragrant grounds, seeking what was lost in the move for whatever importance it may have carried and at the same instance finding reverence in both the sun and cool breeze. She raised her unclasped neck to the wind and felt its soothing tendrils comb through her unkempt fur. The remnant scent of the flora border in the distance still graced her nose yet her body lacked the will to race to it and reclaim it. She did not have a ‘pack’ to watch any longer… but a family to care for. And their scents were more appealing than the stale boundary left to drift away with time.

Above circled the two gliding owls, ever vigilant and free in the clear blue. Their path of free flight was only detoured when a distant howl shook the calm and claimed their attention. The woman had heard the call as well but lacked the swift stride of her companions overhead. Her gait was kept at leisure, a stroll, with a preceding call to the beckoning voice to convey her ears had received the curious song.

Fondly, her lips turned as she spied the touch of white within the verdant green accompanied by not one, but three in tow. The image of the small family brought a whisper of a smile to the woman’s face as her amber gaze fell to each in turn with a polite eye. Humbly the autumn wolf dipped her head as she neared, offering her towering frame in a soft bow of humility. “Goodday to you,” she greeted, at last raising her head.

435 words.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait... everytime I had it written I hated it. Grr... 'Souls writer's block.

Word Count → 000

It was soon after the wolf's howl she found herself seeing a light auburn woman wondering up. She was in a good shape, blood on her muzzle and large amounts of fur on her back. Pelts from her hunting, no doubt, and by the looks of it the hunt had been very successful. As the woman neared the kittens stirred, Oro charging to the front for a better look. The male kitten's gold pelt glinting in the sun as if he were Sol himself. The quiet sister of his stirred in Amelia's arms, restless at the approach of a stranger. She could tell Azul didn't like strangers and when she did it was rare.

Charm was the first to speak, naturally, standing so his front paws were on either side of Oro's little body. "Why hello there! Are these your borders we've come to find?" The fox had no idea what was bothering Amelia. Deep in her mind she knew that stale borders slowly getting erased by the wind meant the pack was no more. Believing Charm's comment could hurt the female who'd shown up and said her greetings, Amelia quickly added her own input. "The borders smell awfully faint so we were hoping there was nothing wrong. I decided to sound the alarm to make sure there was no danger." Sympathy and a bit of concern was in the Spanish woman's voice but she also caught the drift that this confident she-wolf before them had no problems.

The fox shifted a bit, at last seeing Amelia was semi-concerned, and tilted his head up at her. "We could help if there is something you need. I'm sure the kittens would even pitch in." He gave his small little smile that was so darn cute and Amelia gave a smile herself. Oro, unable to understand them but knowing Charm had mentioned them in some way, rushed across the fading border. His little body skipped across the ground to the female that awaited him. "¡Ay, Triste Senorita! ¡Oro, ayudame!" Despite Amelia's small cry for him to return he was at her feet in a matter of seconds. Soft mews went up toward the bloody woman's ears. The Mexican Wolf gave the woman an apologetic smile.

<style type="text/css">
.amelfox b {font-weight:bold; color:#001327; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#3d4a52 1px 1px 2px;}
.amelfox c {font-weight:bold; color:#f2ffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#3d4a52 1px 1px 2px;}
.amelfox {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#54666e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/flFjc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #251817; padding:450px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#adbcc3; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-radius:20px;}
.amelfox .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #3d4a52; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#3d4a52 1px 1px 2px;}
</style>
[/html]
By Raze.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: >.< Im so sorry it took me so long. I'll be quicker.

They were certainly a kind lot, the woman pleasantly observed, though oddly mixed which only added to the whimsical allure. She found herself smiling without reason, which could hardly be considered strange, but she felt the following chuckle was oddly placed given the nature of their approach to the borders. She imagined one was expected to mourn at the loss of a large claim to a territory... especially when its failure was pointed out for her with each passing gust of wind. But the she-wolf was not saddened, but rather touched by the consideration of a stranger and the comical addition of the band's smallest and unafraid companion. Her smile grew as the little one's golden form came bounding toward her against the protests of his she-wolf.

Carefully she lowered herself to the ground, splaying her forelimbs on either side of the kitten in an open hold. Her gaze was kind as she looked to him and was reminded of a tiny dark form that had been hers to care for a time. She looked to the female with amusement for the little one's antics then let her expression return calm as she addressed the offer presented. "I do appreciate your concern," she said with only sincerity in her voice. "Though the borders have faded, there are still some that reside on these lands though we do not claim it as our own."

A veil of red surrounded the kitten as she lowered her muzzle toward him. Her ears remained forward conveying her attention to the wolf and fox, but was quite enthralled by her willingly 'captured' prize. "These lands are free," she continued though with a softer tone as if speaking only to the kitten in her grasp. "But we are not above seeking aid from others... and you are very kind to offer. May I know your names?"

310 words.

[/html]
[html]

OOC Talk.

Word Count → 292

So the territory was empty. The borders were to fade into nothing and one day soon an ancestor of this she-wolf before Amelia would not know what this pack had been. The spanish woman tilted her head in thought. Is that how the folks back in Mexico thought of her? That one day, perhaps soon, she'd be nothing and not even someone who existed there in her homeland. A slight sad mourning came over her for what she had lost but it wasn't long before it was removed from her thoughts.

Oro purred happily against the woman that held him in a soft way and wiggled naturally. The kitten could just not stay still! Azul, the sister, gave big wanting eyes as her curiousity and jealousy began to kick in. Besides, whatever her brother did meant that Azul could do it. Slowly she stirred enough for Amelia to set her down. The little she-cat scurried towards the female holding her brother, purring and mewing for attention. A humorous, motherly smile came on the young she-wolf's face and she listened to the words that were spoken.

"Charm," volunteered the arctic fox. He gave a look at Amelia to cue her next words. "I am Amelia DeLosSantos from Mexico." She dipped her head at the female respectfully and Charm chuckled a bit. It was the first time she'd introduced herself so officially since they'd been together. "Azul is the blue eyed kit, and you've been holding Oro. They're Amelia's little adopted babies." The fox chuckled musically. Amelia looked a bit shyly at the red wolfess and changed the subject rather smoothly. "We'd love to help. We're traveling right now but if you're ever in Halifax do not hesitate to drop by!"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
By Raze.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ecrets.png); background-color:#C77133; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

When one kitten provided enough affections to bring a smile to the she-wolf’s face, a second had her tail high and alive with the attention she received. Her experience with felines were usually not as kind as this. There was more clawing and biting and fending for one’s life… but then those felines she had encountered were too large and vicious to allow her guard to slip even a little. These little treasures though received only a tender touch as she prodded their little bodies with the end of her muzzle.

font color=#4E2825>“You have quite the family to tend to, Amelia DeLosSantos,” the woman lifted her head with a soft smile as she addressed the female, and in turn her fox companion. font color=#4E2825>“Especially when you all travel. But certainly you all look well taken care of… the paths have been kind to you and yours. I hope that by the meeting, the same blessing that follows you might share its grace with my Family as well and see to our prosperity as well.”

Sincerely, she hoped only the best would come from this encounter, yet it appeared that this would be so. Already the ancestors had bequeathed upon these Wentworth wolves an offer of kindness to see them through, and the woman was by no means about to let it slip by. font color=#4E2825>“I will make certain to inform those that remain of the generosity you have extended. But in the here and now, if you wish to assist, perhaps a small hunt to help build our cache?”

000 words.

[/html]