s t a r l e s s, whisper to me.
[html]

Alessandra Von Sin,
Still my heart slowly beats. Sometimes life gets complicated, Still the world around me sleeps.

Since the coal mistress had arrived in the thistle kingdom she had drunk up any and all of her new homes customs, finding the most interesting hiding their scent from any and all who were outside the thorny borders. She supposed she understood, Salsola was very secretive, but it was a chore washing her and her horse and covering both of them with various plants. Thus far, she didn't think she would be going for trysts outside the packlands purely for convenience. The unclaimed lands hosted more useful plants then inside the kingdom, so she would leave only for that.

Swishing her tail lightly, skeleton-esque hands rested on her hips lightly as she stared from within the depths of her fathers wolf skull, smiling softly. This day was beautiful and perfect for a little dip in the ocean. The ebony woman was alone on this day, leaving Valhalla to graze somewhere nearby and Max in his quarters, she wished to be by herself and dwell in the recesses of her own company, something that was rare occasion. Gracefully she padded forward, her feet making noise as the soft, spongy earth near the shoreline muffled her movements.

A light breeze swept over the rocks and ruffled her inky fur, and icy pools drank in the sight of the ocean, relishing the sharp, salty scent that hung in the air. Everything about this place was fresh, and she enjoyed the feeling of the slick rocks beneath her feet. The earth and given away to the hard surface of rock, and with never-ending grace she picked her way down the rocky outcroppings until moist sand was what she tread on. Her weight left sunken in footprints as she walked without a care down the beach, taking care to avoid crabs and sharp rocks that littered the shore.

Her skull hung on a bulky leather belt that had many pockets and clasps on it that rested on her waist, swaying with every movement the night maiden made. A quiet melody escaped her bleached maw, a lighter side revealed to the hardened warrior. It was a wordless song, but one she had learned as a little coywolf in Norway, and it carried on the ocean breeze to touch the harks of someone who might be listening.

word count - 000. ooc - out of character text here.

template by revo, image by ems. <3
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 458 :: creepy child invades your thread

Ataxia was in Seculi form, carrying a basket in her maw that had been 'borrowed' from her mother. It might have been easier to carry while she was two-legged, but she liked the raw power of her halfling form. Her lithe, feminine figure was hidden beneath dense fur and muscle, making her look larger and stronger than she was; something she liked, particularly when she was upset and feeling vulnerable. Such was the case now.

She was ashamed. The girl had lost control of her emotions and left her father's funeral before it had finished - and everyone gathered there had seen it. She was not sure which had bothered her more: the fact that that someone else had seen her weakness, or that she'd insulted her father's memory by leaving early. The former she could do nothing about, but the latter...

The dark hybrid's feet carried her from her mother's home. She fled from the ruins, and skittered across the rocky shoreline. She stopped only when her paws fell upon soft sand. The smell of the ocean filled her nostrils, and she knew she was where she needed to be. Carefully, the girl opened her mouth and set the basket down. The handle had a few perceptible bite marks on it, but was none worse for wear. Now that she was safe, she could shift to a 'weaker' form. Her back legs grew longer. Ataxia's front legs slowly became arms, and her forepaws became hands. The dense mane on her neck became longer, and the silver streaks in her dark fur became more apparent. Her figure became thin and girlish.

Once the transformation was complete, she stood upon her back legs and eyed her surroundings. The ocean, with its familiar and steady rhythm of waves, was crashing against the shore several feet away from her. The low tide had revealed a mass of wet sand, small rocks and a variety of seashells. The latter was purpose, her goal. She had given her father nothing when she had attended the funeral, and now she would fix that. She would find the perfect, most intact shell and place it upon his grave.

The girl picked up her basket, and began her search. Occasionally, she stopped and picked up a shell that while pretty, was ultimately too flawed to place anywhere near her father's grave. Those she would keep either for decoration, or to give to her grieving mother. She kept her eyes lowered, looking at the ground. She was unaware of any large obstacles in her way, or the fact that there was another dark female wandering in her direction. If the older woman was paying the same amount of attention Ataxia was, they might collide with each other.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/isouZf6qbMVQM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:233px; height:178px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Alessandra Von Sin,
Still my heart slowly beats. Sometimes life gets complicated, Still the world around me sleeps.

The woman's mind was somewhere else, a sort of walking meditation if you will. She was thinking of happier times, times where her mind didn't have the tendrils of black snaking through the crevises of her brain, times where she was young and innocent. The inky temptress was still young, though no longer innocent. The guise of childhood had been dropped long ago and she had become an adult well before her time, taking to the independence and responsibility of keeping herself and Max fed and alive effortlessly. There were times, of course in which she was till a young girl, running through the fields of wildflowers with no worries besides getting home before dark, before she enslaved Max, and before she killed her father.

Parents were a curious thing, they could speak the words of love and kindness so fluently, though when the time came to show it the loving carresses and tender licks upon the head were no where to be found, no, they all but vanished. The black tendrils that enveloped her mind tended to squeeze out the memories of her mother and focus on the black bastard that was her sire, her ' father '. An involutary shiver ran down the dames spine as she recalled all the times where she was held by her throat to the wall, tears running down her face and mixing with the blood that was the result of her father slashing at her face and beating her body.

Days like those she just slid down the wall and crumpled to the floor, sending her consiousness away to a safer place, a place where it was her and her mother were safe and happy. There she would keep her fragile, young mind until the beating stopped and the retreating footsteps signalled for her to breath and hide under the bed, her eyes wide with fear, waiting for the creak of the door that would signall her mothers return. Every time her mother was furious, and one day she stole Alessandra into the night, leaving her mate. Shortly after she met Max, in her new pack. That was the day she vowed to kill her father, and she did. Weather her mother ever found out was beyond her.

These thoughts were shaken away as a new scent invaded her nostril, and her eyes refocused onto a young girl picking shells from the wet sands of the beach. A soft smile pulled at her lips as her eyes focused on the girl, boasting the same base belt as Alessandra with soft silver streaks adorning it, buttercup eyes clearly focused on her tasks. Alessandra was a hard woman, yes, but she did reserve a soft spot in her heart for the young beings of the world. Ebony feet picked their way towards the youngster and a few feet away from the girl she knelt down, smiling broadly from bleached lips. " Hello, my name is Alessandra. What is yours? " She asked softly, a gentle expression on her face.

word count - 503. ooc - RAMBLE RAMBLE RAMBLE

template by revo, image by ems. <3
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 255 :: sorry for taking so long

Ataxia knelt to pick up a shell, and was surprised to see a strange white face when she rose upwards. She blinked in response, and mentally chastised herself for being so unaware. Salsola was safe, or so she'd been taught, but if her father could die from strangers on their land then so could she. The girl placed the shell in the basket, then brushed bits of sand from her fur, rather like a cat cleaning its fur after a fall. "I am Ataxia D'Angelo, da-" She began, then stopped.

The slave she met earlier had been able to figure out that her father was dead just by hearing his name, and perhaps this woman could too. She didn't want a repeat of that, though it might not be so insulting to receive comfort from someone other than a slave. Still, Ataxia was proud and did not want to show weakness in front of a stranger. A moment of awkward silence passed between them as the girl tried to think of something else to say.

The hybrid eventually settled on the dark woman's appearance as an appropriate topic of conversation."Why does your face look like that?" She asked, bluntly. There was a noticeable pause, as the girl realized her question could be taken as an insult. Carefully, she rephrased her question. "I mean, why does it look like a skull?" She thought of the scarification practices her mother and Tlanti engaged in, and wondered if perhaps this was something similar. "Does it give you power?"

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/isouZf6qbMVQM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:233px; height:178px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(195)

less is by nat.

The woman smiled at the child as she spoke, cutting herself off just after she introduced herself. Ebony harks flicked forward, then swuivelled backwards to keep track of what was behind the two women. A slight frown stained her feautures as a silence formed between them, the girl clearly having trouble sparking conversation. Something ticked in the back of her mind about her last name, she had heard some chit chatter amongs the pack that a D'Angelo just died, their Auxilleries mate. This girl must be the child between the two of them, seeing as she carried features of Eris and her scent rolled so strongly off of her. What a pity, it was always hard losing a parent. Alessandra was sure that the figure in front of her probably didn't want to be comforted at the moment, but if she chose to reveal anything Less would be a listening ear.

Her thoughts were interupted as a slight expression of shock registered, Ataxia blunty asking about her facial bleaching, which turned in a smile as Alessandra relaxed. Of course she would want to know such things, she was curious and growing up, there were much things in the world that needed to be explored and many questions asked. " Well.. " She started, bleached fingers scratching her chin in thought. " It doesn't give me power, so to speak. I feel that having my skull bleached on my face reminds luperci of their mortality, that all we are under the flesh and muscle are bones. It's either meant to humble or frighten. " Here came a pause, her voice rising into a slight chuckle before continueing. " I think in this place though, it has frightened my fellow packmates. No one seems to come near me. "

Thoughtfully she looked down at the smaller canine, and dropped to her knees so she was at the same level. " What do you think it means? " She asked, icy blue eyes glittering in the light.

<style>
#ithielSie {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 236 :: not sure how articulate Ataxia is supposed to be, considering her age.

The young hybrid listened to the woman's explanation with obvious interest; she kept her eyes on Alessandra's face. It was then that she noticed her long snout and large ears - coyote blood? She was tempted to ask, but did not want to be rude and interrupt her while she was speaking. As a higher ranked member of Salsola, it was possible she had the right to, but Ataxia had enough sense to know such behavior would gain her no favors from others.

The question took her by surprise. She blinked in response, and took a moment to consider her answer. "Well..." The girl tilted her head. "I guess it does give you power in a way. Power to frighten your enemies, but..." She struggled to come up for an explanation of what she had first assumed. "I thought it was like taking the power from death and mocking it, as a way of making oneself immortal." Her tail swished behind her as she considered it, looking thoughtful. "Or making it.... apart of oneself to become immortal."

Her tail stopped moving, and the girl was suddenly flustered, unsure if her thoughts would make any sense now that they had been spoken out loud. She certainty didn't want to appear to be a fool, not just because the woman an Associate, but because something about her made her self-conscious and interested.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(195)

less is by nat.

Alessandra smiled briefly at the girls explanation. It might have been spot on for other beings, but not for her. " In any other case, I think you may have been correct. However, I am not foolish enough to believe myself immortal. There are a great many things in this world that could end us, and I'd rather not spend my time in the afterlife cursed because of my ego during the time that I lived. " She replied thoughtfully, looking away from the girl to gaze out at the sea. The sea itself was dangerous on this day, if you were caught in the tide or in a current it was not kind enough to release you. It sucked you down until you had no air left to breath, and it was then that mortality was shown to be what it was, a frightening dangerous thing.

However, weather or not this girl had seen it in her life, death and the things surrounding it were much to dark to discuss on such a nice day. If Ataxia wanted to pursue the topic more Less wouldn't object, but it might be beneficial to speak of happier, brighter things in light of her fathers death. Turning from her crouching position the woman sat down, facing the water. " Now that you've heard some of my beliefs, do you have any that you would like to share with me? " She asked thoughtfully, again. Most her age would not really have anything, but Ataxia was daughter to Eris, and this bode well for her. Eris was a religious thing, prone to doing many rituals and sacrifices. The bony woman was sure her daughter either believed in the same thing or had her own spin off, either way it would be interesting to hear.

<style>
#ithielSie {
}
#ithielSie p {
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 375 :: Out of Character text

The young hybrid considered the older woman's words. While she had her own beliefs and adhered to them closely, she didn't mind learning of others' opinions. It was what had led to her to Tlanti and Momoztli, after all. There was a certain truth to the skeletal woman's words, anyway. Although Ataxia wished she could live forever sometimes, she wouldn't want to risk being damned to one of the Hells instead of meeting her god.

There was a pause while Alessandra looked to the sea, and it wasn't like the uncomfortable one Ataxia had accidentally initiated before. It was almost natural, and she was disappointed when it ended with a question about her beliefs.

The girl hesitated, choosing her words carefully. She couldn't reveal her true beliefs to a non-coyote and have them tell her secret to her mother. "I believe in sacrifice," She took a seat down beside her. Normally she would not have mentioned it, as canine life was sometimes a delicate subject among others - but something told her this woman wouldn't be offended by the idea. "to protect Salsola and others. When I was a child, my mother sacrificed one of my sick, weaker siblings so the rest of us could live." There was a certain vulnerability in revealing this story, and for a moment she worried that she was wrong and had overestimated her companion's receptiveness to the idea, but it was too late to back out now.

"I also believe in... smaller sacrifices. Scars on one's own skin. Scarification, it's called." She pulled up one arm and exposed a small scar beneath her fur. "Mom has a spiral on her shoulder; I don't have anything as big or detailed as that yet, but I have plans." She glanced up at the older woman again. Suddenly, she noticed something she hadn't before - her long snout, and her large ears. Ataxia appeared thoughtful. Perhaps she was more coyote than she appeared. "It gives power... and purification."

The girl paused. "Not to be rude, but are you part coyote?" Her tone was more excited than accusing, which must have been very confusing to the other woman - Ataxia was all wolf in appearance, and the only thing coyote about her was her beliefs.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(464)

less is by nat.

Alessandra gazed at the young girl, studying her features. She was a beautiful child, clearly carrying the best attribute from her father and mother. When she grew up she would be breathtaking, very fitting for a child of the Auxilary. Her deep buttercup colored eyes were very expressive for her age but instead of the youthful innocence Less expected, they were touched with corruption. It seemed that Ataxia was not innocent, she had already been touched by the worlds evils. Being in Salsola however, this did not surprise the skeleton-esque woman. Were things in Salsola ever innocent? Did anything have the potential to stay that way? It would be interesting to find out, that would be for sure. The easy silence began to stretch on between the two, and Less could see the younger woman was thinking of something to say.

Her next words did not surprise Less and the ebony hybrid nodded her approval, smiling. Sacrifice was almost always beneficial, most gods enjoyed having their subjects blood spilt in their name regardless if it were to ward off illness, strife or just bad omens. Some cultures killed simply to celebrate their gods name, believing the ones chosen for such a deed were touched by the heavens. Why should they not be? It would be an honor to be killed in the name of the greater good instead of being murdered in cold blood for something less appealing. It also did not surprise or disturb Alessandra that Eris had slaughtered a sister to keep her other children healthy and happy, it seemed to have worked well thus far. Maybe when the dark associate had puppies she would practice the same thing, though she could only hope that all of hers were born healthy.

As Ataxia pulled up her arm and showed Alessandra the scar that was on her arm Less once again nodded, she was very cultured for such a young being. Alessandra was both surprised and pleased at the same time, this walk was turning out to be full of information and she enjoyed speaking to the younger D'Angelo. She was interested to learn that it gave power and purification, it was sorta what Less did when she found some unsavory individuals outside her pack, she purified the world of them. Less had remained cool, calm and collected in learning about Ataxia's belief, but her next statement did shock her. She could only nod before gathering her words. " Yes.. I am. My father was half wolf and half coyote, and my mother full coyote. That makes me mostly the latter. " She smiled, heat rising to her cheeks. She looked wolfish, the only thing giving her heritage away was her slight build and large ears with her longer snout. " Why do you ask Ataxia? "

<style>
#ithielSie {
}
#ithielSie p {
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 240 :: Out of Character text

A contradicting mix of emotions displayed upon the girl's face: pleasure, when the dark woman confirmed her suspicions, then nervousness. She looked around the area as if she thought someone might see or overhear them. "This may sound odd, but..." She said, almost shyly. "I believe in a coyote god. Mom doesn't like coyotes, so I can't tell her about this. You mustn't tell either... although I think she may suspect." She paused, taking another moment to glance at her surroundings and check for others that might be nearby. "There was a coyote who used to be the Crone, before she left after... a disagreement with my mother. She taught me. Her name was Tlanti Kimaris - her brother is still here. He is called Miqui."

She turned her gaze back to the skeletal woman, and inhaled. "The god I worship is called Momoztli. Since he is coyote, he does not favor wolves. Power is not the main reason I scar myself, though I suspect it keeps me alive all the same... I must purify my blood to gain his approval." The girl paused. She wanted to say more, but she didn't want to overwhelm the Associate. Another thought came to her, that made her reconsider saying more: what if Alessandra didn't like other coyotes? What if blood and heritage did not matter to her? Her mother had been part coyote, and that certainty hadn't made her love other coyotes.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(000)

less is by nat.

There was a flicker of surprise that passed over Alessandras features and she took a few moments to digest what Ataxia had said. It was all.. very interesting. If she had known just what the younger woman had thought she would have debunked her thoughts, wolves were alright but she held coyotes in higher regard. If she had her choice, she would mate with a coyote and have pure offspring. They would be small, swift, and cunning. Ataxia was acting strange, and Less knew she would have to remain quiet for her new companion. It seemed she was quite serious about her mother finding out, and Less would have no part or responsibility in the Auxiliary punishing her child. Idly she wondered what kind of disagreement it could have been, but if the other didn't elaborate then she figured she wouldn't ask.

She stood up, and looked towards the ocean that was gently lapping against the wet shore. " I am a quarter wolf. Would I need to purify myself as well to gain this Momoztli's approval? What exactly is your god about.. " The ebony woman questioned, thoughtfully scratching her chin. Ataxia has piqued her interest, sure she had her own beliefs but this god was much more her style. It would be easy to follow one that glorified her mother breed and punished her fathers. Was the Boreas war not a prime example?

<style>
#ithielSie {
}
#ithielSie p {
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 372 :: Out of Character text

Ataxia was relieved when the Associate didn't express displeasure at the idea. She could not quite tell if she approved, but the fact that she was asking for more information told her that she was at least curious. "You would, yes, although I suspect less than I do." The girl did not mention how very little coyote blood she had. There was nothing she could do to change that, other than keep working until her blood was purified. "You would also have to renounce your wolf side."

Explaining her god was much harder than showing how to gain his approval. "He is the source that all coyotes come from, and the ruler of coyotes. He is the male aspect of parenthood; the Mamexi is the female aspect. She is his wife and, as I am told, lives in Eterne. One day he will return, the two will join together and coyotes will control the earth." She paused, trying to gather her thoughts for the next part. "There are certain plants that allow one to see the spirit side of the world. My mother introduced me to one of them, and I saw him."

It was not long after Tlanti had introduced the concept of a coyote god to her, actually, which may have accounted for the unconscious influence on her hallucinations. The idea that what she had seen had been all in her head, however, was not one would ever consider. It was not coincidence to her; it was fate. It would going against everything she had been taught to believe what she saw had not been a portal to the spiritual realm.

"He is very colorful; he looks like... a sunset, sunrise and noon all in one. He is yellow, orange and red, with the dullest colors being the brown of the earth and grass." Somehow it seemed like an understatement to the girl. The colors had seemed so much more vivid and varied in her hallucination and words were inadequate to convey how very bright he was.

Ataxia considered saying more, but paused so the dark woman could speak and ask questions. She probably had questions, although the hybrid wasn't sure she'd be able to answer them. There were some things about him that she still did not understand and Tlanti was no longer here to ask for advice. Ataxia had to come to her own conclusions and figure out the why, which was seldom easy.

<style>
</style>
[/html]