once upon a time in a daymare
[html]

(456) Meant to start this ages ago for Sie and her Erisbaby. Hope youre still interested? Can we backdate this to sometime within the last week or two? Guess this would be set sometime late afternoon and, lili's in lupus form this time :>

Steering clear of the general awkwardness and perplexity enshrouding the Stormbringer camp had become her main preoccupation. It was debilitating; none of her feelings nor thoughts adhered harmoniously enough to produce any sense. It would have been easy to pin it on excess and consequently, blame booze for setting an incestuous relationship into motion. But it was far more dramatic and far more complicated than that. After a few days of near flawless avoidance, Lilin had decided to take some time off from the group she'd recently begun referring to as her family. Not fleeing her current issues was a feat in itself, considering the fact that her dam had been an expert at doing so. Perhaps she had inherited some of Haku Soul's determination, among other well-hidden traits. It was hard to tell, really. Especially given that the two people she'd conversed with had given her two very different opinions on the man she would never get to call father.

Tayui's story had been the most remarkable; coherence had been non-existant in the explanation she'd provided and although Lilin did consider the elderly woman to be no less than insane, there had to be some truth to the accusations thrown her way. Murder, rape. The words echoed in the back of her mind like a broken record; disjointed and senseless. Had she known a way to stop it, she would've put an end to her torment several moons ago. But here in the north, far away from any other distractions, it was all she could think about. Eris Eternity. The name brought forth a sour taste in the back of her throat, where it had lain dormant until this very moment. The Winter Festival had granted the loner a certain level of knowledge when it came to pack names and their locations, thankfully enough. It wasn't much but certainly enough to navigate her way through the wilderness and around the river where she'd once upon a time met a red-eyed hybrid. There, a gathering of wolves undeniable and strong, barred her way.

Recollections of the awkward meal she'd shared with Itachi triggered vague feelings of dread as her limbs brought her closer and closer within their reach. As much as she had nothing personal against him, she certainly hoped it would not be him stumbling upon her silhouette, forlorn and perturbed. Little did she know, however, that other beasts and dangers resided within Salsola. Her song reached out to the foreigners then as she parted her maw and allowed a deep rumbling within her chest to reach new, melodic heights. It was clearly aimed at one person in particular; whether Eris would come herself and save her the hassle of searching was another story though.

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#lillin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#lillin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Eris is by Alaine!

It would seem Salsola had lost its air of secrecy -- there were howls now , summons to the borders. They did not come with the frequency Eris dreaded, but they were nonetheless more often than she truly enjoyed. These days, the dark woman had no desire for anything but the sanctity and silence of her particular hovel in the ruins, filthy as it was with the loss of her personal slave. She had gone so far as to appropriate Khirot for her own personal purposes, ordering the slave to clean her dwelling and make it neat again. She would have to replace Molcaxitl, but was there any replacing such an obedient and sweet slave? Eris had erred in allowing the woman to slip from her grasp, and she knew that well enough now.

Still, despite her desires, the dark woman was awake and out, moving through the late afternoon on horseback. If there was one bright spot in Larkspur's loss, it was the gain of this animal -- magnificently obedient as she was, the mare was a perfect mount for an imperfect and inexperienced rider such as Eris. While Trader had served his purposes well, even the calm buckskin gelding could not rival Horse for obedience and steadfastness. The heavy hooves of the mare brought her toward the stranger's call, and the dark hybrid peered upon a strange face from horseback, still a lengthy distance from this newcomer but close enough to see half of her face was in shadow, the other half a paler brown.

You summoned me, and here I am. What do you want?

<style>
#erisAlaine {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisAlaine p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisAlaine p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisAlaine .txtooc {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
line-height:16px;
#erisAlaine .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisAlaine b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisAlaine u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisAlaine b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisAlaine b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisAlaine b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

(311) --

It took very little time before she obtained a concrete response from the woman herself, her presence declared and broadcasted by the sound of hooves followed by clear-cut demands. Lilin’s dichotomous receivers had perked instinctively before anyone entered her line of vision; then a mere speck became a shadow, its growth fueled by passing seconds. Before she knew it, the Soulstorm heir found her unshifted form dwarfed by a saddled mammal and its towering owner. The cautionary distance between the two females suited Lilin just fine, seeing as she would have likely retreated and done the same had Eris not initiated it. Seeking the Salsolian out was bold and unnerving enough, but now added to the fact that a tamed mare was under her immediate command; the two-toned juvenile definitely felt inadequate.

“I just want to talk.” As ridiculous as her justification might have sounded, it was truthful. Her eyes squinted against the afternoon sun, in an attempt to focus on the silhouette belonging to a morsel of her sire’s past; the key witness standing between knowledge and ignorance. Whether such information would be granted was out of her control but Lilin had come with firm conviction that she would not grovel for it. “You were friends with my father, Haku Soul.” she admitted then, hoping to spark some level of interest within her interlocutor. She’d never purposely revealed his name before, not to gain any advantages at least. She could only hope Eclipse had been right in saying that this woman had praised him in a past life. “Would you care to go for a walk?” Naturally, a part of her did not feel comfortable treading a territory unknown; a claimed one at that. Although the ashen hybrid had shown no outright signs of aggression, it was in Lilin’s best interest not to linger this close to clearly marked borders.

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
#lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(--) lol eris is a brat

Eris is by Libri!

The dusky woman glared toward the other canine, taking in her four-legged form. Eris had used that form with great frequency as of late; she left her den as infrequently as a new mother. She would never be a new mother again -- deprived of her mate, she was a widow, and she would not have another. She only wished to bear Larkspur's children, and now he was dead.

Eris remained silent and still as the other woman spoke. Where once perhaps a great reaction might have occured, piqued interest and strong curiosity, there was only a mild tilt of her head. She laughed, a low and gravelly sort of chuckle entirely without mirth and amusement. Friends, she agreed, though the twist of the word made it clear their relationship had been anything but. Perhaps if he was still alive, she'd have his children -- she knew even now, in the depths of her sorrow, she would have had his children even while Larkspur was alive.

You can walk. I will ride, Eris said, putting her heels into the mare's side. While she spurred the horse forward, it was not nearer to the stranger -- she still gave the she-wolf a wide berth, though she turned in the saddle to face the other woman expectantly, taking her in all the while. She supposed she could see the resemblance. It is strongest in her eyes, the dark woman thought, and she felt a pang of something unpleasant at the thought of those eyes. How she still wanted him, so many months and -- years, even, yes -- after the fact.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]

(363) :>

Hesitation tugged at her paws, physically keeping her grounded as monotonous laughter escaped her interlocutor’s maw. It was the same kind of lifeless, forced cacophony her dam was capable of. It set off warning bells and for a moment, Lilin could only stare the woman down. The act itself might’ve been deemed rude and uncivil, although it had not been intended that way. Her interest grew exponentially as the Salsolian’s one-worded answer echoed in her ear drums, throbbing with frenetic energy. Eris had not denied her past relationship with him, even if her acquiescence dripped with an undertone that veiled something more. Why everything had to be so cryptic when it came to Haku Soul was a mystery in itself. None of these females she’d interrogated thus far had seemed lucid enough to provide clear, concise answers.

Part of her invitation had been modified to suit the older woman’s desires above her own. It was Eris' right to do so, although Lilin couldn’t help but feel slightly offended by the way her wishes had been formulated. She sought comfort in the fact that something could still come out of their conversation, even if reticence had materialized so early on. A solemn nod was provided then, mediterranean irises lapping up the demeanor on display before her. “Okay,” she agreed calmly, grateful that the ashen woman was at least willing to travel in such a way that would permit both of them to keep a watchful eye on each other.

“You’re the first to acknowledge him as a friend. I’ve heard stories: rumors of war, rape and murder.” Her words were spoken carefully as her limbs brought her forward and further away from claimed lands. Statements were said employing an informal tone of voice; she’d seen and heard enough insanity from one of her parents in her short lifetime – she ultimately didn’t care what he’d done or who he’d done these things to; what mattered were the genes and hereditary qualities she could have inherited from him. “Was he killed?” That piece of information had been omitted, lost in Noir’s incoherent prattle.

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Eris is by Kiri, a gift from Sylvey!

Eris had no desire to explain herself to this woman, nor did she feel she owed an explanation to anyone -- the whole world over should have known of Larkspur's death. It was a blight against their species, one that each Luperci ought to have felt as some twinge of wrongness in the world. Horse moved beneath her, and the dark woman, daughter of Haku, spoke. The shadow-colored hybrid cocked her head, considering. She had hardly known the man; what she knew most had been gleaned second-hand, from Kaena and those who had lived through the war with him. She had only even met him once.

He was killed, yes, she said, straightening in her saddle and looking away from the stranger a moment. It was Inferni that did him in, though not their current leaders -- so far as I know. Gabriel was gone and Kaena was leader no more. I cannot say truth or falsehood to these stories of yours. I did not know him so well as that, but I think he was touched. Inhabited, maybe, by a demon or ghost or an old, old god who has lost most of his power. The flatness with which she delivered this information was perhaps enough for the half-tone stranger to understand Eris held nothing against him for those traits -- they were not disadvantageous, in her eyes.

<style>
#erisKiri2 {
font-family:georgia, serif;
}
#erisKiri2 p {
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage {
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#erisKiri2 .txtooc {
font-family:georgia, serif
line-height:16px;
#erisKiri2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri2 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#erisKiri2 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisKiri2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

(295)

Eris’ cooperation was appreciated despite her lack of extensive knowledge. However trivial or important the information provided was, Lilin absorbed whatever she could in considerate silence. Sideway glances were stolen every so often, most particularly whenever a new disclosure was made public. The circumstances surrounding her sire’s death were still quite vague but at least, she’d gotten a solid confirmation. His death was a repercussion of the fabled Dahlian War. Lilin knew very little about the packs residing in Nova Scotia; most of her ignorance stemmed from her indifference and general lack of interest when it came to things that did not immediately concern her, but she couldn’t seem to escape Inferni. This was the second time she’d heard of the coyote clan's involvement in Haku's death. Little did she know, the Ezekiel she’d spent an afternoon with was the current head of the Infernian dynasty.

An irrepressible, cold chill travelled down her spine in response to the Salsolian’s unanticipated yet eerily familiar statement. Demons and Gods were no foreign subjects; her own name, based off nocturnal spirits in Akkadian mythology, served as sufficient proof. Lilin hadn’t noticed the similitude between her dam and this woman until now: both of them were attuned to uncommon beliefs, even their complexion were akin. The more she looked, the more she understood why her father had associated himself with both women. “You remind me of my mother,” she noted aloud, pairing her affirmation with a bitter smirk. Her second comment didn’t come as easily though, by fear of being thought a fool. But there was something extremely comforting about confiding in a complete stranger; chances were they would never see each other again. “He comes to me in my dreams and I can’t get him to leave.”

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(--)

Eris is by Kiri!

The woman sniffed. Maybe I should have been your mother, then. The words were sour on her tongue, but she had always felt entitled to his children. Her womb had remained barren for him, however; her body opened only for Larkspur, and it was his children she'd brought into this world. Looking on the blue-eyed woman, though, she could still feel some faint and faraway disappointment even with her beloved Basilaris, bitter as that was. You have his eyes, of course. Not so mad, but his all the same. Why would you want him to leave?

My mother told me stories of war, his war. She told me he raped her, too. She also told me my father was first Laruku, then Astaroth. It was not until I came here again, fully grown woman, she told me the truth of my father. Believe her stories if you want, the coyote said, waving a hand dismissively toward the open air below horse. I know his death well enough, and I did not even know his name until long after we'd met, but he was greatness. I ask again -- why would you want him to leave? Invite him in, the woman said. I would. There was no small hint of jealousy within Eris for this canine -- she wished Haku would haunt her dreams, but all she saw was fire and Shibboleth, Solanaceae and bloodied guts, and back and forth again until there was nothing of either girl but charred bones and rotted meat.

<style>
#erisKiri {
}
#erisKiri p {
}
#erisKiri p.sieImage {
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri .txtooc {
#erisKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisKiri u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

(254) Kick me. Didnt mean to make you wait this long ;; <3

Her pace slowed when a staggering statement made its way to her receivers; now pricked with apparent stupefaction. She was unsure how to handle the hypothesis of this woman replacing her true dam. The comment had slipped out matter-of-factly enough, despite the tinge of bitterness entwined in her voice. "Maybe," she replied as simply, her tone impassive as she considered the possibility. The Soulstorm heir hadn't necessarily caught on or suspected an amorous relationship between Eris and her sire until now. Was he the source of her melancholy, even so many years after his passing? It seemed an unlikely speculation, but Lilin knew better than to seek confirmation.

No answer seemed adequate enough to refute the Salsolan's inquiry. She had several justifications as to why he should leave, most of which were far from senseless but Lilin couldn't seem to shake the feeling that no matter what response she came up with; it would not be good enough to legitimize her wishes. "His thoughts are not meant to be mine," she replied tentatively, manifesting her desire to be unique. They shared the same blood but it did not grant him unhindered access to her mind and soul. Both women had never met their patriarchs; surely she could relate and understand the ramifications of being bound to a ghost. Greatness did not give him the right to do as he pleased, even in death. "Would you invite your father in?" Her mediterranean orbs sought the citrine hues of her gaze then, gauging the obsidian woman's reaction.

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(--)

Eris is by Libri!

The blue-eyed woman spoke truth, but the dark-furred Auxiliary only smiled and shrugged. Thoughts, no. Blood? The answer had already been stated, and the dark woman's chartreuse gaze dropped to the shoulders of her horse, the chestnut mare who had once belonged to Larkspur. With the question, however, her head snapped up and she grinned broadly again. Oh, yes, she said. A thousand times, yes. I've already taken his surname -- Eternity is more fitting than Lykoi, don't you think? She had seen the shade of her father in nightmares and visions induced by entheogens, of course, but the thing she saw was but a pale projection of the man. Eris had never known him and his ghost had never haunted her.

My mother told me all about my father, as well. A murderer, rapist, and war-monger on par with our dearest Haku, she said, sighing and tossing her gaze skyward before returning it to the mottled woman. What are such traits but strength? The weak deserve only what befalls them, as the strong take their prey. If only she had known Salvaged Eternity, if only she had known Haku Soul better -- perhaps she, too, would be one of the strongest, an old name still remembered long years after her bones turned to dust. Sadly, the name was all she had -- none of her father's strength, none of his viciousness, had manifested in Eris.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]

(283) These two are awkwardly awesome. <3

Understanding the dynamics of how this woman's mind functioned was no walk in the park. The ease with which she displayed a kaleidoscope of emotions was unnerving. Lilin had not expected the broad smile granted to her in response to her inquiry. Whatever progress they had achieved to get her grinning as such, and not glaring as she had before, was a complete mystery to the Soulstorm heir. ''Eris Eternity is more pleasing to the ear,'' she admitted, not quite sure if that's what she'd meant by 'more fitting'. Her dam would have undoubtedly agreed with the Salsolan femme, based off the brief relationship she'd had with Salvaged Eternity during her short stay in Berwick and her jealousy toward Kaena Lykoi for seducing Ahren de le Poer. Lilin, on the other hand, knew nothing about the two families constituting Eris' heritage.

"It seems we have a few things in common. I combined my mom and dad's surnames into one,'' she shared heedlessly, for once allowing her gaze to focus ahead and not on the woman at her side. Her tail hung in an even-tempered position; an insight on the debilitated anxiety deep within. ''Strength alone isn't enough to survive. Haku's untamed power led to his downfall, did it not?'' she mused out loud, her tone unfaltering and analytical. She had no deep emotional attachment to her sire; conversing with Eris was comparable to interpreting history lessons or discussing politics. The Salsolan had answered Lilin's inquiries to the best of her knowledge and with nothing else to question, she provided her with a name even if Eris had shown little interest in knowing her identity. ''I'm Lilin, by the way.''

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The dark-furred hybrid's grin remained, but in a more tempered way. She liked talking about her father, and she did not get to do so frequently enough. Few remained who recalled his brutality, it seemed -- only the ancient bones of creatures like her mother, betrayers like the dead Aston woman. Well -- she had done her part. She had given the surname strength again and passed it along to some of her children, some of whom would grow up and perhaps have children of their own. Her father's lineage would continue, thanks to her.

Soul and? the hybrid inquired, having no idea who the woman's mother was. Strength is more than just one's physical body. Who stands behind you is just as important as how strong you are -- if not more important, the hybrid explained patiently. This was truthful, and sound advice as far as Eris saw it. Haku lost his pack, and he lost the better part of his strength. That is why he fell. Before her, she saw the faint motion of the bay's water beyond the rise of the sharp coastline. The smell of salt was thicker on the air here, and she half turned in her saddle toward Lilin. If that's all? Call on me again, if you don't wish to forget your father.

Eris is by Alaine!

<style>
#alaineErisLup {
}
#alaineErisLup p {
}
#alaineErisLup p.sieImage {
}
#alaineErisLup .txtooc {
#alaineErisLup .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#alaineErisLup b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#alaineErisLup u { text-decoration: underline; }
#alaineErisLup b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#alaineErisLup b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#alaineErisLup b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

(246) Annnnnd done! You can archive this once you've read the reply, my love!

“Soul and Stormbringer. Soulstorm.” Her dam’s surname was bittersweet, as always. Her voice had faltered over the last syllable; it had brought about an acidic taste in her mouth and it burned her throat. For as much as she loved her cousins, her feelings toward her matriarch were nowhere as positive. Regardless of her own personal opinions, her bloodline could not be changed and it was part of who she was. Perhaps in due time, she would learn to accept this. “I suppose you’re right,” she gave a thoughtful nod. “I didn’t know he’d lost the support of his pack.” There was a lot she did not know. What a sordid way to die- shunned by friends and family, left to die alone surrounded by rejoicing foes.

Lilin shuddered at the thought. Loneliness had never felt so real. She had never feared solitude but in a context similar to her sire’s story, the dichotomous female thought it fair to think over her attitude. An uneasy silence cradled both females, drawing them into its binding cocoon. It was Eris that broke it first, asking if there was anything else that needed known. Lilin only shook her head in reply, expecting the older woman to turn and take her leave without so much as a word of goodbye. She was wrong. They parted on a positive note, with Eris’ open invitation lingering in the air. “Thank you,” she murmured then, watching as the Salsolan retreated to her homeland.

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]