Corsair
[html]
Corsair

1. Colors & Name:: This is my idea for a pack of pirates called the Corsairs, which is a french term for a privateer, who in essence was just a fancy term for 'government sanctioned pirate' xD Corsair's desired colors are Azure 4 (#838B8B) & Blue dog (#525C65)

Potential Members::
    • Captain: Tobias Roche (my upcoming second character)
    • First Mate: Fritz (Co-leader)
    • Frodo Silvertongue
    • Liam Catori
    • Harrow D'Angelo (With Hael Savin, NPC)
    • Percival Teach
    • Octavius Poer de Angelo
    • Robin Aatte
    Expressed Future Interest::
    • Toby
    • Arthur
    • Doc Sullivan
    • Lillith Alexandria Trombetta-Behr
    • Selene Vansenza

2. Culture and Beliefs:: As far as society goes, the Corsairs are slightly chauvinistic, as most sailing cultures go. They are a hard-working, rowdy, uproarious bunch, apt to be easily swayed when given booze or valuable trinkets. However, they are bound by a creed and superstitions. These are more lenient on landfall, but if the situation arises, will be strictly adhered to when out on the water. Towards outsiders, Corsairs are more likely to poke fun and intimidate, rather than be outright aggressive, unless such force is called for.

As for cultural quirks, those who have been Corsairs for longer usually have a swagger to their step, as well as a well-traveled accent, which tends to be a mixture of western European dialects, with a somewhat more harsh, cacophonous overtone with hard c's (ex: Ceasar would be pronounced "Kay-zar" as opposed to "See-zar"). Corsairs are known to be more decorated in appearance; tattoos, scarification, piercings and other forms of body art are more for intimidation and self expression, and clothes are common, and used as forms of decoration as well. It's not uncommon for the pirates to wear jewelery of turtle bone, due to a belief that turtles are good luck. Also, necklaces may have a small bell, as a representation of being one with the ship's 'soul'. These bells are kept when a pack member passes away.

These pirates are highly superstitious, and their beliefs include the following:

• Rats are an omen of bad-luck or death, and typically mean a failure for a trip or mission

• Seabirds are thought to be the souls of dead sailors. To kill one (especially an albatross) is to bring bad luck upon the 'murderer', and the bird's carcass is to be tied about his/her neck and have rations reduced for 3 days.

• Turtles are considered incredibly lucky, especially on a voyage. To carry their bones, as well as a gold and silver coin, is to bring good luck to the carrier.

• Storm petrels are thought to herald storms

• Fridays are "lazy days", due to the belief that it would be bad luck to set out on any such mission, due to 'bad spirits' stowed away upon a boat or ship

• Cats are considered lucky, to kill one is exceedingly bad luck.

• Boat names are never to be changed due to fear that it'll sink.

• A gold and silver coin are always kept on a boat before a voyage, gold for good luck, silver to protect the vessel and crew from storms.

• Sneezing to the left side, left foot forward, while boarding a boat was considered bad luck. As is whistling on a ship.

• Nails and hair are never to be cut when out on the water, in fear that it will anger Poseidon. Cutting one's hair or nails is considered a tribute to the goddess Prosperine.

• Tattoos and piercings ward away evil spirits stowing away on a ship.

When a Corsair dies, they go through a specific ritual.
    The dead were to have cannonballs/heavy weights strapped to each foot (so that the spirit would not haunt the pack), and placed in their bedding, which was to be stitched with 13 stitches, the last piercing the nose of the dead to ensure the deceased were indeed deceased, and then placed in a 'coffin' of sorts (usually crafted with driftwood) and set out to sea.

3. Territory:: Corsair resides along the coast of Cape Hopewell, due to the main dietary staple of fish and access to the water. Because of the location and distance from other packs, many members will use boats to travel around souls.

Corsair members would reside within an old ship, wrecked along the coast of the claimed lands. Territory example pictures: Wrecked Ship - Coast Line

4. Ranks Ranks are simplistic and there will be a variety of co-ranks available, consisting of tasks and positions crew members would typically take upon a ship. Rank table was requested from Kitty :O

Portal - Ranks - Game - Maintenance
    Pack Statistics
    Females/Males Adults/Pups Total
    0/0 0/0 0 (+0 NPC)
    Pack Ranks
    Leaders
    CaptainTobias Roche
    First Mate#
    QuartermasterFrodo Silvertongue
    Ship Mates
    2nd Tier
    GunnerBoatswainNavigator
    --
    --
    --
    --
    --
    --
    --
    --
    3rd Tier
    Crew--
    4th Tier
    Powder Jockey--
    Cabin Boy--
    <style>
    .Corsair {border:1px solid #000000; border-collapse:collapse; color:#3f3f3f; width:480px; margin:0px auto; background-color:#838B8B; background-image:url(http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/669/piratebg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:321px 0px 10px 0px;}
    .Corsair td {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; padding:1px;color:#000000; }
    td.Corsairheader {text-align:left; padding:2px 0px 2px 25px; background-color:#000000; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: 'times new roman', times, serif; font-size:22px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:.5px; color:#101010; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; }
    td.Corsairtitle {color:#949d9d; text-align:left; padding:2px 0px 2px 45px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family:courier; font-size:15px; font-weight:normal; letter-spacing:1px; text-transform:uppercase; background-image:url(http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9774/darkest.png); background-repeat:repeat;}
    td.Corsairsubhead {text-align:center; padding:2px 0px 2px 2px; color:#c8c8c8; border:1px solid #000000; font-family:courier; font-size:12px; text-transform:none; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-.2px; background-image:url(http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/8084/at23.png); background-repeat:repeat;}
    td.Corsairsubtitle {text-align:left; padding:1px 0px 1px 40px; color:#141414; border:1px solid #000000; font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size:12px; text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:normal; letter-spacing:.2px;background-image:url(http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6382/darkoa.png); background-repeat:repeat;}
    td.Corsairtrong {font-familyverdana; font-size:12px; color:#000000; font-style:none; font-weight: normal; font-variant:none; text-transform:none; letter-spacing:0px; border:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:2px; vertical-align:top;background-image:url(http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/8167/lightq.png); background-repeat:repeat;}
    td.Corsairinfo {text-align:center;border:1px solid #000000; padding:2px; vertical-align:top; padding:3px;}
    td.Corsairinfo strong {font-weight:bold; color:#0A0A0A; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px; }
    td.Corsairinfo p { margin:0px; padding:0px; text-indent:20px; }
    .Corsair a:link,.Corsair a:visited {color:#141414; text-decoration: none;}
    .Corsair a:hover,.Corsair a:active{color:#000000; text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #DEDEDE;}
    td.Corsairsubhead a:link,.Corsairsubhead a:visited {color:#9ba9a9; text-decoration: none;}
    td.Corsairsubhead a:hover,.Corsairsubhead a:active{color:#cbd9d9; text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #DEDEDE;}</style>

Portal - Ranks - Game - Co-Ranks - Maintenance
    Corsair Co-Ranks

For more information view our non existing website

• Pirates may hold up to two co-ranks
    • Co-ranks may be challenged for if another is more actively doing the role
    The Co-Ranks
    Singular
    Co-RankSlot One
    Surgeon--
    Cartographer--
    Siren--
    Treasurer--
    Chanter--
    Stablemaster--
    Historian--
    Shaman/Witch--
    Double
    Co-RankSlot OneSlot Two
    Tattooist----
    Hunter----
    Chef----
    Piercer----
    Blacksmith----
    Jewelerysmith----
    Seamstress----
    Scout----
    Merchant----
    Fisher----

<style>
.joinlist {list-style-type: circle; margin:0px; padding:0px; }
.joinlist li {margin:0px 0px 0px 20px; padding:0px; }
</style>
[/html]
YOU ALL MAKE ME WANT NEW CHARACTERS FOR YOUR PACKS.
LAWLAWLAWLAWL you should totes make one ;D BE A PIRATE, YARRGH
Aye aye.
...I'm going to need to post more so I can get Doc and join your pirates.
doiiiit Big Grin
This looks very interesting, and I also like the superstitions! ^^
Big Grin You has wants pirate?
Yup, better get posting. My next character fits this perfectly!! I love it! Big Grin
Big Grin -fwee-
[html]Fuuuuu. So many wonderful packs. If this one gets approved, I am soooo bringing Arthur over the summer. |: He has an eye-patch and a British accent, is that pirate enough???[/html]
I have Toby that would probably join OVER Amelia who prefers land.
Toby finds the sea very relaxing and his comfort zone though he lacks sailing experience...

But since he's attracted to Amy when Fang takes over the body it'd take a bit before his plot I've planned leads him to the pack. :3

Love the ideas though!
Big Grin So does that mean I should chalk you up as a potential, Sparrow, m'dear?

And lol, Toby. So many Tobies to deal with xD
Tobias.
Toby. xD BUT YEY PIRATES.
The Titmouse approves of this pack. It's like a college fraternity, 'Souls style.
xDD T-mouse should totes make a pirate ;D
And party.
With pirates >Big Grin
This is very well put together. My second character will be joining if this pack gets made! Just need to wait til I get the posts and have been here long enough Smile
Perhaps Octavius will make a little journey out and meet the scary piwates... Wink

He's pretty laid back, loves to learn and is going to be a giant when full grown. So yeah. He's also white with blood red eyes...that could totally creep some peeps out. SUPERSTITION C:<
...I want a pirate...
Big Grin Do it. Do it all of youuu <3
Dooo it >Big Grin