[M] A book's the way to go
[html]
Word Count :: 227 OOC:

He knew she was unsure about herself, and he could see that she had been hiding a mark he barely noticed, but it was something to ask another time when emotions weren’t always so high. For now they were trying to get her off her past and it was apparent that this was something she didn’t want to discuss, and he smiled more as she moved to the animal. Though she was a female, she was strong. Jiva never thought of women as weaker, his mother was far more of a fighter than his father. That taught him much in his short life. He picked up the other half of the deer, but nearly dropped it again when the scent of her heat came full blast in his face. He composed himself and tried to think of things that would get his mind off the alluring scent. It was hard, very hard, but he managed.

“You remember where the den is right? There should be an open spot near it we can use. I’m sure there’s tools around.”

He had to admit he was quite unprepared, but he knew he had his knife and there was sure to be something to use to get the deer the way they needed it. He hefted the deed up and proceeded to follow the woman.

ONE LAST KISS, BEFORE I GO. DRY YOUR TEARS, IT IS TIME TO LET YOU GO

Image courtesy of Ed Gaillard

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 2+

M-hmm,” she replied setting off in the direction her nose and eyes indicated was a good path back to the den. Though the young Soul had only been in New Dawn for a few hours, she had already acquired a general mental map of the area and found that trekking through the forest was fairly easy. The two were passing through the beautiful Glen Eeerie when she decided to speak up.

If you don’t mind...perhaps we could present our kill to Zalen and his mate once we have claimed the skin?” She asked. “I’d like to thank the Alpha for his acceptance of me within the pack even though he knows next to nothing about my past,” she wouldn’t dwell on it any longer from there, but if Jiva wasn’t too hungry, she hoped he would agree. Two subords gifting their leadership was always a good thing and the tawny wolfess wanted to make the best impression on her betters.

Her one gold and one lilac leg carried her across the earth until the scent of mingling wolves overpowered all else. It wasn’t long before the two cleared the woods and were in front of the impressive cave mouth of their communal den. Drin stopped walking to scan the area and soon enough picked out a small clearing off to the side, close to where she had first met Jiva. “Over there good?” She asked, indicating with a nod of her head.

<style>
.palayacai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.palayacai p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.palayacai b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.palayacai {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b6oC0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #282e1c; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.palayacai .inner {margin:235px 5px 5px 5px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:255px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 300 OOC: EXACTLY!

Their walk was quiet for a little while, and as she spoke Jiva smiled. She couldn’t see it, but he couldn’t help it. It was he was planning on doing anyway but found it best that she could do it. It had been her kill after all.

“That’s a perfect idea. The alpha’s should at least get the best parts as it’s a kill within their pack. I think they would appreciate it.”

Jiva said. It was true. The alpha’s would always get the choicy parts from a kill before any of the others were allowed to eat. He wasn’t all that hungry so he wanted it to go to some use in any case. It would surely make the pack happy. It was a fine doe they had taken together, and young at that. They walked further into the territory coming closer to the den. At her question he nodded, his mind muddled by her scent and remembered she couldn’t see him and spoke his agreement, glad she didn’t witness his stupid move.

“That should be good, let me get my tools.”

He said.... well he should have said tool. he would have to use his knife solely for everything and he hurried to the cave, not wanting to leave her side, not to let her scent leave his nose, but he wanted to show this to her, and she seemed genuinely interested. He came back with his knife and smiled at her, holding it up. it was plain, but it was special for it was a present from his father. He had procured it from somewhere Jiva didn’t know but his father gave it to him so it was somethign special to Jiva.

“Are you ready?”

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 400+ I'm so sad...no internet till Wednesday means no Diablo. Sad

The golden angel could almost sense the happiness radiating off of Jiva, and her smile probably matched the one she couldn’t see when he answered her. Of course it was a good idea. She and her brothers would’ve done the same in their own pack. Now that her father Tyris had surpassed his mother as newest Beta of her home pack, it was imperative that his children live up to his title even though they would never rise up in the pack’s hierarchy due to their blood. That didn’t mean they had lost the respect of their pack mates though, in fact come to think of it, Drin and her brothers always went above and beyond what was asked of the youth and ever since the untimely death of her grandfather, the threats and harassment for their differences had come to an end.

Drin snorted softly through her nares. It wasn’t like she’d see them again anyway, he head shook sadly, but the voice of the boy she was completely taken with shook her out of her little day dream. “I’m glad you agree, it would also be a good way to show Noah that I’m not as fragile as he thinks I am,” she laughed and shook her head so her wavy hair would shift against her back to expose the healing gash on her neck. “I’ve been in my fair share of fights, and I can easily defend myself.” She wasn’t sure why she had said that. Was it to impress Jiva? Her mouth clamped down after her words and she wished she could take them back...did flirting also turn you into a bit of a fibber?

Drin cleared her throat and slowly lowered the doe to the area Jiva had indicated would be okay for what they wanted to do. She breathed out a huff and ran her fingers through her hair when the red male scurried off to find his tools trying to calm her own nerves and battle the stupidity she had recently uttered. Drin’s solitary moment only lasted a few minutes before Jiva came back and she returned his warm smile with one of her own. She hadn’t really heard his question because her bi colored ocean eyes were trained on the weapon in his hands. “May...may I?” She asked tentatively reaching towards the knife, pretty face full of wonder. Never had she seen such a magnificent thing. Hell it could’ve been a piece of flint rock shaped like a tip of a spear for the amazement to pour out of her like so.

<style>
.palayacai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.palayacai b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.palayacai {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b6oC0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #282e1c; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.palayacai .inner {margin:235px 5px 5px 5px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:255px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 314 OOC:

“I’m not much of a fighter... I try to stay out of what I can.”

He said matter of factly when they set the doe down. He hated fighting, though he didn’t care much for it he knew that he would fight tooth and claw for his pack and those he loved. That was a given and that was something he couldn’t stay out of. No any other type of violence he dismissed by walking away. Sometimes it was better that way. At least that was the mind of the young boy. His father had taught him it was always best to try to keep things civil, though he didn’t show that when he went to get his daughter, nor in that final fight between Aniwaya and Cour des miracles. Jiva knew Niro had killed, he could see it in his fathers eyes. He shook his head out of the thoughts, finding he had already come back with the knife and the question. Her reaction was different. He had never seen any wolf’s eyes so wide over such a plain knife. He smiled softly and handed it hilt first to her.

“Be careful ok, it’s very sharp.”

The young man warned as he let go of the metal handle. It was not decorated, in fact there probably had once been a decoration of sorts because bits of black still lingered in the side of the knife, but it had withered away or was chewed off by something. It could have even been him when he was a puppy. He watched her with his own curious eyes. Everyone he had met had all known human things, or even luperci things, but this woman; who was a luperci herself; seemed so fascinated by the simplest thing. He would remember that to impress her with something else later on.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 200+

Drin heeded Jiva’s warning and with great care, she gently lifted the blade from his offering hands by the hilt. Eyes dazzling with fascination, she shifted the blade from side to side in her hands examining the the curves and edges. The knife was plain and nothing truly stood out, but she was mesmerized nonetheless, running her fingers lightly over the worn black marks and imagining what could have lain in the socketed spots she looked up at Jiva with an eager smile before handing the weapon back to him.

I’ve never seen anything like it,” now bereft of the object, she still kept her eyes on it though it was in his possession once more. “I know my meemaw had tools like this, or at least I imagine she did, but I was never able to see them.” She shrugged with the thought, but her enthusiasm didn’t falter. “What is this tool called? I can see it’s probably used for cutting,” she said pointing to the sharp side of the blade. The mohawked wolf would probably think her odd that she didn’t know the name of the object she had just held, but she wasn’t embarrassed by her lack of human knowledge anymore. Drin could tell Jiva wouldn’t judge her, well at least not in a negative way. Her right gloved hand moved a little too close and her finger nicked on the blade's edge. With a light intake of breath she withdrew her hand which was already starting to bleed. "Ouch, that is sharp!" She laughed, examining the blood pooling on her pointer finger.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 314 OOC: He's silly boy XDD

Just the fascination in the woman’s face gave Jiva new light on looking at the knife. He tried to see it in her point of view, it was hard though. He had grown up knowing this stuff. He wouldn’t let himself be misunderstanding of her ignorance though and he did not laugh at her nor scoff at her when she asked the name of the knife.

“It is called a knife and you are correct it does cut things and very....”

That was when her finger slipped onto the blade, cutting the layer of skin. He moved closer to her to get a better look, and whined out of sympathy for her. He took the knife gently and put it beside the deer and then took her finger in his hand. Emma had taught him this trick and it was one to easily remember. Pressure, it took away the bleeding.

“I’m sorry if this hurts, but it’ll help stop the blood.”

The young man said softly, pushing his fore finger and thumb lightly on her own, He had a tender look on his face as he saw her blood mingle in with his fur, but it wasn’t much and it would go away. He wiggled on the spot, knowing he was very close to the woman who had the irresistable scent, but he kept reminding himself words that kept him at ease. He let go after a minute, and found the blood had clotted and was no longer bleeding. He smiled happily, wishing he did have some kind of cloth to wrap it, but he was sure she could clean it, it was a superficial cut and it would heal quickly.

“There, I think that’s it. So how about we use the knife on something that won’t feel it.”

He joked.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 200+ Bahaha heat!

His explanation had come too late, but Palaydrian didn’t mind...especially because her blood had brought the wolf dog closer. Jiva’s whine made her tail wag and awakened a whole slew of emotions. One minute she felt like jumping him, the next, tenderly kissing him. From one extreme to something gentler, the golden wolf felt she was being torn in two. Her heart fluttered and she worried he would hear it when he took her gloved hand in his. She smiled sheepishly and nodded with permission at his pre apology for words could not form on her breathless lips.

First she felt pressure followed by the stinging sensation from the fine cut, but her eyes didn’t leave Jiva’s face. He was engrossed in making it better, it was probably a good thing he didn’t notice her staring. Another wave of sexual innuendos bombarded her mind and she felt her knees going weak, but the blood had stanched and a dull throb remained. The tingling sensations of his touch disappeared and her head was released from naughty thoughts. Tha... she slurred out and quickly cleared her throat. Thank you.

Yes, I think that’s a good idea! She chuckled and put a little space between herself and the intoxicating man. Drin crouched down by the deer in an attempt to keep moving as she had noticed an itching sensation had started to race across her body. She placed a gloved hand on the fallen doe and turned her face back up at Jiva. So, where do we start?

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.nirotiger b {font-weight:bold; color:#dba336; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.nirotiger p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.nirotiger {width:425px;border:1px solid #dba336;background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/f9mra1.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:290px;background-color:#a44903;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:12px;color:#c1a87d;}
</style>

WC: 243 OOC: Tee hee.

Jiva smiled at her thanks and looked down at the deer as she spoke of what to do first. He looke around and figured the small hilly area would be perfect. He took the deers head and turned it so it was up the hill and rolled her on her back.

“We cut from the back first like this.”

He took his knife and pushed it in far, but not deep. He then proceeded to cut the deer up from the back end to the middle of her stomach, it did take a little bit of muscle, but it wouldn’t be a problem with strength. He then pulled the knife out, which was now bloody, and his hands were mixed with both Drin’s blood and the deers, which he wasn’t going to care much about as he could always wash up. He handed her the knife back and stood.

“Now you try to cut a straight line from the belly up to the bottom of her neck. Try not to go too deep we don’t want to puncture any organs or anything like that.”

He said giving her a charming smile. he had punctured an intestine once and the smell was quite rotten. He didn’t want her to have to experience cutting into it, even though they tended to eat anything in the animal. He would watch her and help her when he could.

Table by Jenni/Kiri
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 300+ Cute tiger table! Sorry for the delay darling, once I had finished packing, we needed to get out of the house for the weekend because the heat was unbearable!

Palaydrian watched with interest as Jiva realigned the deer with its hooves up in the air and its head on the incline of the hill. She helped where she could with his positioning and was glad for the distraction from the lingering itching sensations in her body. Her bi colored eyes didn’t leave the actions of his hand and the knife until he was finished. She observed the careful pains he took to keep his incision shallow and noticed how easily the blade cut into the hide of the deer, she’d forever be aware of just how deep a little pressure could cut into something from now on as her dull throbbing finger was a lesson learned.

She was surprised he would hand her the knife again, but her eagerness must’ve shown through. She gently took the knife from his outstretched hand, keeping her fingers well away from the bloodied blade. Drin cautiously poised the tip of the knife over the stomach where Jiva’s incision had ended. Her right gloved hand shook a little at the unfamiliarity of holding the weapon and with nerves of messing up. She blew a loose tendril of hair out of her own rust colored face from the hunt they had had, and very carefully dragged the knife through the doe’s skin just like Jiva had.

She was making good progress, getting closer to the neck with each second, when she accidentally pressed a little too hard. Drin rectified her mistake quickly, easing her pressure, but not without slightly nicking a vital inside the doe. A foul odor permeated the air for a few seconds and she wrinkled her nose, continuing her surgery until she reached the neck. Drin examined her work and saw her little blunder had made a paper cut into an intestine, but blood had already pooled over and began to clot before the sickening scent could linger any longer. You’re a good teacher, she said softly as she handed him back the knife and waited for the next step.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.nirotiger b {font-weight:bold; color:#dba336; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.nirotiger p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.nirotiger {width:425px;border:1px solid #dba336;background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/f9mra1.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:290px;background-color:#a44903;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:12px;color:#c1a87d;}
</style>

WC:323 OOC: Good thing the deer is dead!

He watched her carefully as she started cutting, her hands were shaking, but in all she did fine. He stood just behind her and watched carefully. He made to stop her when she cut into the intestine but it was too late, the odor came and he cringed but said nothing, it seemed to be a small cut and it was a lesson learned though he wouldn’t be getting that smell out of his nose even when the blood clotted. He watched her continue on, lightly enough to just open the skin. He smiled his satisfaction. As she was about to hand him his knife back he shook his head and took her hand.

“While we wait for it to bleed out a little we can cut the legs, it will be easier to get the skin off and we can’t really use the skin on the legs anyway so we just saw it off like this.”

He pushed her hand lightly and pulled around the leg of the animal to cut the skin where they would detatch the leg, letting her press onto the animal. A saw would have worked far better, but all they had was the knife it would do but it would take longer.

“You work around the leg like this, then you get the bone and saw right through it as well as you can. My knife is not made for sawing, but it should cut through the bone easily.”

He said his hand lingering over hers to direct it a little if need be, but in all he was letting her do much of the work. He knew how close he was to her and her scent was overpowering but he focused his mind on the work they were doing no matter how much he wanted to show her what he wanted to do at this very moment.

Table by Jenni/Kiri
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 300+ Well if she wasn’t before, she’d def dead now!

Jiva refused the knife and she looked at him with a question forming on her lips, but he answered her inquiries by instructing her on the next part. A determined smile settled on her face and she nodded. Of course they’d have to get rid of the legs somehow...unless they could expertly skin the entire deer and that seemed like a arduous and daunting task. The man’s hand guided hers and she felt the stirrings of electricity again. Keep it together! She warned her heat riddled brain, wanting to simply melt into Jiva’s arms, but she had a sharp tool in her hands and she needed to focus.

The idea of sawing through the bone with the knife seemed crude, well almost impossible with such a small knife. Yet, if there was no other way, she’d do it. Alright, here we go, Drin murmured, setting her jaw and taking the right leg haunch into her left hand. She punctured the skin near the doe’s shoulder and began cutting through skin tissue, followed by muscle, and then the knife hit bone. With her right hand she worked efficiently, placing pressure more and more pressure against the bone and all the while aware of Jiva’s hovering hand.

A snapping sound filled her ears when her right hand flew forward and the blade came out bloodied in the air on the other side. There’s one! She dragged the severed leg to the doe’s side and began the same process on the other leg, continuing until all that was left was the carcass of the legless doe. So let me guess, she said wiping a bloodied hand across her nose, Now we peel off the rest of this? Drin asked touching the hide once more with her left paw.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 307 OOC:

He watched as she did as he asked and though apprehensive at first, she did begin to saw. It took a little while to get through everything, but once the limbs were off it would be easier to get the job done. As he watched an overpowering of her scent filled his nostrils and he had to squeeze his eyes shut and quell the sturring below his belly. It took him several minutes to get himself under control, thinking about things other than her that would help quash this feeling. It seemed he was right on track with what to think and when he was himself again, or mostly himself, she had finished with the third leg. Once finished with the forth she spoke up.

“Actually we neet o make certain cuts where the legs were, to make it easier to get the skin of, cut here, here and here, and do the same to the other leg.”

He pointed to three spots on the deer in which it would be best to skin and pull it apart so it would be flat. He then showed her where to cut on the hind end. His free arm was touching her shoulder as he leaned forward to show her what to do and where to cut.

“Then it’s easy street to get the skin off the muscle and other stuff, just be careful some parts don’t like to come off, and we want the skin intact or it won’t be much of anything.”

He said and watched her, wishing to help but having only one knife meant only one could do it. He was surprised at her movements with the knife as it was so new to her, but she was a quick learner as he was finding out now.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 300+

The work was tedious, but Palaydrian was enjoying manipulating the fallen doe and the sharp tool in her hand. She’d never experienced anything remotely this visceral when it came to human-like ways. Gardening was busy work as well, but it was relaxing. Leatherworking was all about precision and making the cleanest cuts possible. She liked how the knife was beginning to feel more familiar in her hand, and the way the deer’s flesh fell away when she applied pressure to cut through sinew. Her gloved hands were tinged with blood now, but the fact she was learning a skill and supposedly doing a good job, filled her heart with pride and awe.

Drin may not have been the most comfortable in her Luperci form, but with Jiva, her inhibitions were falling away and though she may have been flirting with him at first, the man was truly proving to be a good teacher. She focused hard to get the cuts right that he had indicated on each leg. Her body purred at his touch, but she shook her head to keep her mind clear. She wasn’t about to ruin the hide they had hunted down and now it was no longer a means of impressing Jiva. Drin wanted to master a new skill. Of course her first time wouldn’t prove to make her an expert, but the muscle memory and motions would help her in the future should she try her hand at leatherworking again.

Her focused gaze softened when she had finished the incisions on where the back left thigh would have attached if she had not already sawed it off. Now came the “easy street” part Jiva had spoken about. Like this? The golden girl asked as she began to gently pull up on the hide near the rump and cut gently just beneath it to release it from the deer’s body. It was easy to see that the skin could roll right off with a little help from the blade.

Table credit goes to Raze! <3.

<style>
.drinwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mpbJy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c8b284; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:415px 0px 5px 0px; color:#6e6249; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.drinwolf b {color:#9ff1c5; text-shadow:#6e6249 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinwolf p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.drinwolf p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.drinwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #fff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 318 OOC: i'm so not skinning/leatherworking saavy

He watched her in quiet attention. He saw her hands move and could tell she was feeling more at ease with the knife. She wasn’t doing the best job in the world, but that was what happened with beginners. He had and still did many shoddy jobs, far worse than anything that was going on here. He could tell her the details of what she could improve on but right now it was about watching and correcting her movements and he did as she moved along the skin of the doe pulling it free from its original owner. Looking at the doe’s head he severely wished that he did have a saw it would make this a whole lot easier. He then proceeded to show her what to do after the skin was entirely off, which only took a surprisingly short time, but Jiva had been amazed when his dad did it for the first time in Jiva’s eyes. He had her help him prepare the skin and then find a good spot to keep it heated and dry out under a fire, in which he would make after explaining to her the preparing process. The skin would surely come out nice especially for a beginner working on it. He smiled at her, though it was not the normal awkward one he gave her, he felt comfortable, and though the scent of blood was everywhere her own lingered far more intensely over it all. He was just very glad he could keep himself in check.

“It’s not too hard and once you practice more you will get better and better at it. Once it dries you should be able to almost anything with it. It will probably be ready in a few days. ”

He said looking at the nearly finished skin. Yes it would make something very nice when it was done.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

We can end this puppy soon.

Word Count → 300+

Palaydrian was proud of her work and it showed in her stance and in her smile. She was beginning to think her new pack brother and possible love interest had a lot to offer. The girl moved with grace as they lifted the skin from the deer and erected it over a small fire Jiva had built. The fae understood the heat would dry off the hide and make it pliable for later use. She imagined learning how to craft multiple things with the red man, but the first she decided would have to be some sort of object to carry items. Syliat had owned something she had called a satchel. Perhaps the young woman would ask Jiva about this once their skin was ready to work with. Yet at the moment, the golden femme had different things on her mind.

Bicolored eyes looked down at her now russet colored fur. A flirty laughed bubbled forth from her maw, Well, why don’t we call our family to share the wealth, she suggested as she gestured towards the fallen doe, and wash up? Drin was still covered in the blood from the hunt and the leatherworking and it was starting to make her fur itch. I’d also like to see more of my new home...that is if you’re still willing to show me around, she said smiling sweetly at him before tilting her head back to sing out a song for the Alphas to enjoy the meal they had brought back.

Feeling confident and more sure of herself, the golden fae turned away from Jiva and shot a come hither glance over her shoulder before she walked back towards the source of water in the woods. Hopefully the young man would understand her invitation and follow. She wasn’t very skilled when it came to flirting, but heat was making her push her own boundaries and was beginning to reveal knew thoughts and actions in her. Her narrow hips swayed seductively as she walked away and she swept her long hair over her shoulder so it would graze the small of her back. Drin didn’t know she as beautiful, but in the moment, she did feel powerful.

<style>
.drinwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mpbJy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c8b284; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:415px 0px 5px 0px; color:#6e6249; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.drinwolf b {color:#9ff1c5; text-shadow:#6e6249 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #fff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 242 OOC: yes i'm trying not to get the days mixed up haha

Jiva could see the pride in his new friends eyes and was glad he could help her learn something that excited her so much. As she spoke he wondered what she was thinking other than giving the alpha’s a fine meal out of the deer they had just skinned. He was compelled to figure out the woman sooner or later, to see what made him so attracted to her. Other than her heat scent of course. He listened to her howl and grinned joining in, letting the alphas know that the team had taken down something large and quite splendid.

When she motioned for him to follow her, he did or rather he floated after her, as he watched her move. The scent made him lose his mind, far more than alcohol had when he drank for the first time. No this was something different and it confused and excited him. In the morning he would remember Emma and things would get complicated again, but right now everything was so very easy. She was his pack sister in heat and had been kind enough to let him show her around as well as let him teach her a trade she might enjoy.

“I would love to continue to show you around there’s still so much you haven’t seen.”

He said dreamily as he followed the fae towards the water. Happy just to be there with her.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

Haha yep! Aww our first thread has ended, and look where they are now. Big Grin

Word Count → 300+

The yearling continued to sway towards the riverbed, thoughts of flirting and splashing in the cool waters made her cheeks hurt from grinning, but luckily the boy was behind her and couldn’t see the goofy faces she was making. A hand came up to her muzzle to muffle her giggles, but soon enough they were smothered by the bubbling sounds of the stream ahead. Drin picked up speed and gracefully ran towards the water, her hair rippling out in waves behind in the breeze she created before she went crashing into the noisy chill.

A surprised squeal cut through the forest sounds when she came up from the water, blood free, and wild hair now wet and sticking to her body as she hugged her middle and smiled back at the approaching male. It’s c-c-c-c-cold! The girl made her way back to the bank and wrung the water out of her hair with her hands. It was much chillier than she remembered from the morning, but perhaps in lupine form her hair was much thicker. In Optime, shedding wasn’t so much of an issue. The winter layer that was slowly sloughing itself off in her wolven form, provided that last layer of stubborn insulation.

A playful thought crossed her mind as Jiva came closer. Drin hunkered down on the bank and casually snaked a paw into the river to splash the cold onto him. A jovial laugh of success rang out when the male made a sound of surprise. You’re it! She playfully shouted, resuming their game from earlier and taking off into the woods on her bipedal form. It wasn’t long before she heard the man in hot pursuit, their laughter and “tag you’re it’s!” randomly going off in the Glen Eerie. Palaydrian’s first day in her new home would be a memorable one and the start of something good.

<style>

</style>
[/html]