Help finding a story
I'm looking for one to do with either the origin of wolves or how the wolf got his howl. Something like that. I'm having trouble finding one that doesn't mention humans so if anyone knows a story like that or might be able to find one, please let me know :/
This is one I used for the howl

Long ago when the moon was freshly dreamed of wolves didn't know how to howl. They were unable to communicate with each other in far distances. Pups got lost, unable to contact their parents, and packs were unable to hunt freely, fearful of losing one of their own. The moon, granted by the dream of light in the night, decided to solve their problem. It sent a star down, gifting wolves with the ability to howl. We call to the moon so we never forget how, so we can always find each other.

Bit rough, but I'm sure you can change it up and customize it. I just came up with it on the spot, so I don't have any link references. Might be a mix from various tales I read long ago. I really have no idea.
Thank you <33

I was thinking of writing one of my own but I suck at writing stories. I'll probably expand on the one you gave me and use that Smile
You might think of checking out the Coyote stories. There might be something worthwhile there.