The sky is burning.
[html]

OOC here!

He’d been away for a while. Being a traveller at heart, he’d always found it hard to keep to one place. Being in a pack had been hard for him, mostly because he had gypsy blood and had once been an outcast, and he’d often get bored. But he had a sort of commitment there, now. He was a skilled hunter, and hunt was just what he did; whether in winter or spring, he always did his best. And now spring was in its prime and summer was threatening to arrive, and so he’d been hauling in the best of the best from all around ‘Souls. Or at least hat was his original plan. He’d actually discovered his spirit guide along the way of his travels, and the shimmering rat sat on his shoulder for the moment, not weighing a thing (unsurprisingly). Unfortunately, Frodo’s previous “pet” rat, known as Pantalaemon, had been eaten by a cat a few weeks ago. The spirit guide was a nice compromise, and funnily enough was called Pantolaemon himself, but it made Frodo upset to see the rat. They had not bonded much, yet. But there was something familiar about the spirit. And Mr Silvertongue suspected that Pan’ the spirit guide had been his pet rat in a previous life. Was that possible? He did not know.

But, finding a spirit guide hadn’t been enough to distract Frodo from hunting. He’d lived in ’Souls long enough know what was what and where was what, and only the best pickings were good enough. So it was on May 2nd that he rode back home with his haul- meat and other produce filling his saddlebags to the limit. In fact, he’d actually had to make a few more sacks and assortment of bags on his travels, so much so that Strider, the strong white stallion on which he rode upon, looked exhausted. Frodo feared that the arab would buckle from the weight; Arabians were made for stamina and agility, definitely not strength, however Strider surpassed anything Frodo would have imagined with his willingness to strive on to the end.

Almos’ there, yamaha. the black-furred wolf mumbled, smiling as he leant down over Strider’s neck to give him a good pat. And sure enough, over the horizon he saw trees and huts and fields. So many fields. The stables over to one side was another familiar sight. I’ll bet you a P-95 that speakers gonna be grateful wit’ this. chirped the young man, tail wagging as he inhaled the sweet aroma of meat.

Eventually, Frodo managed to dismount as they neared the stables. He led Strider a final way before removing saddlebags, and tack, and whatnot, patting the horse as he put him back in his stall. Everything in AniWaya was just the way he remembered it. When Frodo looked over his shoulder to see if Pan was still there, he found the rat had disappeared. That was a shame. Pan came and went whenever it suited him, without saying goodbye. Frodo had wanted to show Gemma, his…lover, Pan, but it seemed he could not anymore. And so he growled to himself as he unloaded everything he had caught, into AniWaya’s food storage area, before hurrying along to the Great Fire.

Just because Pan had disappeared, it did not mean he couldn’t go see Gemma anyway. They had bonded greatly when he’d last seen her, and he was sure they were definitely more than friends now. At the same time, he’d been courting an older female named Tayui, too, and although he considered himself to have feelings to her, he was pretty sure he owed Gemma a commitment. For now. Anything could happen… little did he know she was actually pregnant with his pups. Heavily pregnant.

Laying himself down by the fire, he thought about things and mulled everything over, knowing that this was one of Gemma’s favourite places anyway, so she was bound to turn up at some point.

<style type="text/css">
.frodo2cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#e8dc95; text-shadow:#1b190c 1px 1px 2px;}
.frodo2cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.frodo2cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#a0965d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NAi9W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #281f0a; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ebe7cf; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.frodo2cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.frodo2cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.frodo2cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC jibbles

Her stomach swelled as the time passed, noticeable now to all who had functioning eyes in their sockets. It was not as huge as when she had been within Anathema and carrying four small furry bundles but it was certainly unmissable. Inside the town hall Gemma Sawtooth hugged her rounded stomach lovingly, getting an answering kick from one of the lives she carried. Gemma had generally kept to herself throughout the pregnancy, but she was not as alone as she once was even though she was still the social equivalent of an outcast. Sometimes she saw Light, though those had been less and less frequent he was still so sick and didn't want to infect her, and she sometimes spoke to the coyote hybrid Io quietly. And of course Tamai Waki was never ever far away from her, he was almost always by her side, she was glad for his presence the most.

She seldom thought of Matteo in these light filled days while she waited impatiently to see her little ones. It wasn't that she had forgotten him, the pain in her heart refused to let her but there were more important things to focus on now. The pups who's father's wouldn't be known until they were born and even then it might not ever be certain, they came first, always. Though her heart and soul longed for him, just like it longed desperately for her other twelve children she just couldn't let it distract her from taking care of herself.

Frodo's disappearance was hardly noticed by herself, she was keeping her hopes up so much, somehow managing to avoid the trap that she had fallen into before. She ate enough food, did gentle exercise and made sure she slept often, sitting down if she felt tired or stressed, not pushing herself. The opposite of everything she did in Anathema. It wasn't far away now that she would birth them and see if her efforts had been in vain or not. It was one of those rare occurrences where Tamai was not with her so she was alone as she gathered up her staves, preparing to practice her fire dances again, she almost dropped them in surprise though when she stepped out of the town hall and saw Frodo sat there waiting by the Great Fire, her tail set to throwing itself back and forth at the return of her friend and lover? Maybe?

She didn't run up to hug and greet him, they weren't that friendly but her voice was warm, Frodo! It's so nice to see you back."

<style type="text/css">
.gemmarose2 b {font-weight:bold; color: #800B47; letter-spacing:1px; }
.gemmarose2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.gemmarose2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.gemmarose2 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color: #ffffff; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... aheart.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color: #FF007F; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

The young man hitched himself onto the crock of his elbow when he scented Gemma. Her scent was unmistakable, as he was familiar with it now. But there was a hint of something different. Something wasn't how he had left it, the young man figured. He could tell, by the way Gemma walked, too, when she finally came into his sight. Frowning, he pulled up into a sitting position, and eventually crouched to a stand. She'd put on weight, he could tell that much from her stance and frame. But...it was strange. The fat was only on her belly. Frodo ha been around long enough to know what being pregnant was, but he just couldn't believe it.

Before he could comment on how much she had changed since he' last seen her (perhaps she really was just fat, because of Frodo teaching her how to hunt), she spoke to him first. Frodo smiled warmly, putting a strong hand on her shoulder. It's nice to a-be back! he replied, still smiling, although it was clear he could sense something wrong. Letting his hand slide down her shoulder, from her arm an finally her paw, he gripped her own paw in a sort of reassurance, and then met her eyes. Gemma...? he asked, risking another look at her bulging belly. A-are yer...? he couldn't really get the words out. He felt like such a fool, because what if she had simply just put on weight? That would be embarrassing, for him an her. But he had not been gone that long, right?!

Still, he thought he might as well get on with it. Still holding her hand, hoping she was used to his contact now...used to him, he managed; Are yer...up the stick?. Of course, the pups couldn't be his. They' only slept together once, and Frodo was pretty sure that her and Matteo had done it plenty of more times, considering they were mates. Plus, could she have really got this far in the pregnancy in...what was it.... almost two months? Frodo realise with a jolt that yes, a wolf could get heavily pregnant in that long. He didn't know what to think of this. All he knew was that he'd be there for Gemma, no matter what.

<style type="text/css">
.frodo2cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#e8dc95; text-shadow:#1b190c 1px 1px 2px;}
.frodo2cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#a0965d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NAi9W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #281f0a; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ebe7cf; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
He rose to greet her as she neared and Gemma held back a small giggle as she always did as she beheld his height, he was smaller than she was and it was kind of funny to her though she would never let on to him that this was the case. He was glad to see her, something that self streams of light into her life darkened soul and brightened it up a bit. There had not been many people glad to see her in her life for innocent reasons. His hand came towards her, to settle on her shoulder with no flinching from the pale female. She knew him, she knew who he was, he wouldn't hurt her.

He was happy to see her but there was something that flickered in his face, something that belied his cheerful attitude and as his hand swept down her arm to clench her paw, which tightened around his automatically, the seeds of doubt began to breed in her mind. What if he didn't want this. She couldn't hold his gaze for longer than a moment and the blue eyes flickered away almost guiltily. He had been gone for a month or so, and this was a big thing to just spring on him but there was no avoiding it, no lying to him about it. She had managed to unravel some of the mysteries of his speech, enough that she understood what he said next and to answer,

"Yes. I am." She paused here, hesitating and still not looking him in the eyes, her ears quivered atop of her head,

[color=blue]"You're the father."
She dropped the bombshell quickly and then immediately tensed as though expecting to be hit or bitten.
[html]

wordcount: 500+
Frodo: Big GrinDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

She shouldn't have held back the giggle - had he known what she wanted to laugh at, he would have laughed with her. He wasn't one to get upset easily, quite insensitive indeed. He took nothing much as mocking, and if he did realise he was being mocked he didn't seem to care much anyway. Frodo was definitely aware he was quite short, and it was perhaps even truthful to say he found it weird that nearly everyone was taller than him. Although, he could tell that she'd finally warmed up to his friendship and accepted him as someone who wouldn't hurt her. He was as gentle as possible with her, as he found that was the way to keep her calm. Whoever had hurt her in the past he did not know, as she hadn't told him, and he felt it would be rude to probe so he kept his curiosity to himself.

His gaze followed hers as it looked away, a slightly guilty look about her. The body language revealed it all. There WAS something up, something wrong. And as he asked the question, he found himself well aware of her circumstance. It didn't occur to him straight away that it meant there was a possibility he would be a father. In fact, it wouldn't have struck his mind at all, until she spoke again. You're the father. his first reaction was to freeze. He didn't let go of her hand, but his body still tensed, just as hers did. He felt his tail quiver and he didn't really believe her at first.

You're the father.

Arg! How could he be? He repeated the words over and over in his mind, confused. She had been Matteo's mate for so long, and he'd only shared her bed once! Just once! How could it be, how could she come to that conclusion? W-what? he finally managed, stammering and stuttering, his words tumbling over each other in a race to get out of his mouth. There was so many other things he wanted to say, but he could only manage a basic sentence. How do you... are yer, I mean, are yer sure? I.. well. he couldn't think of anything to stay. And then something finally clicked in his mind. He was going to be a father! But, this is brill! Not half. he decided then. He scratched his head with his free hand, still slightly baffled. I shoulda brought yer a wee blankie or a cot. he grinned. I'll look after yer. I can bring yer, and them, stuff ter munch on pronto. In no more than a jiffy. Yer need my help, yer ask me, get me? he smiled, and dropped her hand then, gently, not wanting to grasp it for too long. He looked down at her bulging belly, disbelief in his eyes. Already, he was warming up to the idea of being a dad. Do those snoozing muckers make much din, so to speak? he wondered aloud. He was trying to ask if they moved, if they kicked. Of course they probably did, he was just to inexperienced to know about these things.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]

He tensed and so did she, the little fire tender and the rouge sailor stood together in stiff silence for several seconds. She didn't dare to move either or to take back her hand, sometimes her instincts were too strong for her to overcome. Her heart hammered in her chest, sure that he was going to reject her and reject the children growing inside of her. She could handle on her own maybe, she had Aniwaya to help but.. it would be easier with someone close to help. There was a single hitch in her breathing, if he didn't derail her thoughts quickly it would be the first of many.

His first reaction, to question was not comforting and the woman gave a little tug of her hand to see if he would let go, if he was going to push her away then she didn't want to touch him, didn't want to be so close to yet another man who would cast her aside like leftover scraps. Then suddenly something inside his brain seemed to connect and he smiled at her, it erased away her doubts and insecurities for now at least. Then he was falling over himself with ideas and helpful things and she smiled too, some of her tenseness fading as well, she even let her fingers wriggle in his grasp a bit, sharing in his excitement. Her voice was still quiet as she spoke,

"I have a blanket for them, from a good friend. But food would be appreciated, I'm still having problems." A tiny frustrated frown replaced her smile, she was less than pleased with the progress she was making towards an adept hunter, "They kick too, all the time." These lot were very active unlike the others she had given birth. Thinking of them made her sad and brought her thoughts back to Matteo, the man who the tribe assumed was the father,

"Frodo! You can't tell anybody they're yours. I was still mates with Matteo, if they found out I was unfaithful they would shun me and them, I don't want them to go through life feeling like I do, i want them to belong here." She hated to give him such bad news but it was necessary.
[html]

wordcount: 410

He could tell that she was unahppy with his first reaction. He couldn't help it though - shock was the thing that pierced him first and foremost. He gave a twitch of his tail as thoughts and feelings settled down inside him, as he realised what Gemma meant. He was going to be a dad. If she allowed it. And why shouldn't she? They were friends now, good friends, and the pups deserved two parents; he was pretty sure Gemma wouldn't be telling him he was the father, either, if she didn't mean for him to look after her and the pups. She pulled away but by this point she'd already realised that he'd changed his mind - he really would be there for her.

He refused to interrogate and question her further, that would just be cruel. Even if she was lying, he was oblivious to it and eager to present himself as the pup's dad. Soldier, that's good. he grinned, imagining what the pups would be like when born and wrapped in a basket. He found himself worrying then, suddenly, about if there would be any complications. Gemma had been battered and bruised, been through so much pain, it was likely that the pups could be unhealthy. But no - she had been fed up, and her scars had more or less healed, and he was healthy enough. It's a good sign they're kickin'...they're gonna be strong as oxes. he grinned, his eyes focusing on her bulging belly. As if he was able to see it move, or something.

Suddenly, the mood went from calm to urgent, and Frodo looked up, startled as Gemma rushed to explain herself. He mulled over her words quietly for a couple of seconds, not knowing what to make of them. He could be a father to her pups...but he couldn't tell anybody they were his. It was a lie, but a sacrifice also, a sacrifice he was willing to take. No pups of his would be brought up to have people turn their noses up at them. With a sigh, he concluded his thoughts. That's..dandy. I unner'stand. We'll have to persuade them, small fry. People come sniffling at things that arn't meant fer them. I'll- I'll kip me mouth shut. he paused. They're Matteo's. he agreed, as if anybody could be watching at the moment. He stifled two sideways glances and then untensed, his arms plastered to his sides.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]