you are the last dragon
I've been hearing that a lot, I suppose I should give him a stick to fend people off soon, haha.
[html]
Leave it to a girl to figure out how things worked, he thought for a moment, watching as Asanotohl went right ahead to figure out her own way to make everything work. The next predicament was getting the zipper back to its starting point, which wasn't really that hard to do at all; he was careful not to get any fur caught up in it though, figuring she wouldn't have appreciated it too much if he was inept at something so simple. “And now you can run and dance and spin and twirl to your heart's content,” he said with a chuckle.
[/html]
*steals all your sticks* No stick for him to beat ME with *runs away!*

[html]<style type="text/css">
.nireetablechels strong {color:#ccbca3;}
</style>
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4777/van2do8.png) #b09480 bottom no-repeat; color:#000; font:9pt georgia; line-height:1.1em; padding:2em; padding-bottom:6.0em; text-align:justify;">

Once he’d finished, she spun around to face him, her eyes alighting with the possibilities he had given her. Really? she gasped incredulously, as if she had not thought about doing such activities in such a pretty article of clothing. With a lasting grin, she spun away from Laurel, dancing gracefully out into the aisle; twirling, throwing her arms about, and laughing to no one in particular. The she stopped, mid-aisle and spun to face laurel again. She beckoned him with her hands and laughed jubilantly. Come dance with me, Laurel! She did another spin, as if it would affect his decision in her favor.

table by chels
[/html]
Lmfao, you just want him alllll to yourself. I see how it is!
[html]
His laughter echoed hers as he trailed after her, grasping one of her hands to lead her through yet another easy spin. He didn't consider himself much of a dancer but wasn't about to say that he wasn't, out of the simple fact that he didn't wish to dampen her mood. Besides, what little harm could some fun have? Laurel knew all too well about hospitality and given her state of affairs (or really, lack thereof) he figured she could use it. “So let's see…” he mused with a hint of humour, “I believe we've covered that you clearly must be a bit of an apothecary of some sort, you like pretty things, and now you seem to be a dancer. If I knew any better, I'd almost say you've run around with a few different crowds like I have.” And hell, maybe she had, maybe that was how she had gotten there in the first place just like the ones who had come over and down from the mountain.
[/html]
So! What's wrong with that? *steals*

</style>
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4777/van2do8.png) #b09480 bottom no-repeat; color:#000; font:9pt georgia; line-height:1.1em; padding:2em; padding-bottom:6.0em; text-align:justify;">

She spun effortlessly beneath his hand, using her free hand to clasp her muzzle and suppress her delighted giggles. She eased in front of Laurel as she stopped, taking his other hand as he spoke; then she led him into a slow ballroom sweep down the aisle and into a more open area of the clothing store. Perhaps, she mused breathlessly, swinging around with him more or less in gentle tow. He was a little stiff and hesitant with his movements, bringing Asa to the conclusion that he wasn’t much of a dancer. But she found it all so natural for herself, so easy to shuffle and move her feet and legs despite Laurel’s tiny slip-ups.

It was even simple for her to find the smooth, classical ring of music to go with her smooth waltz in her head; and even though her dancing partner couldn’t have possibly known what she was dancing to, it was fun all the same and easy to catch on to the sway of her body. She looked up with her bi-colored eyes, grinned and then closed them, the music becoming more real to her than she could’ve ever imagined. I can hear the music, Laurel. I can… remember it. It sounds so beautiful… she drifted off, mindlessly beginning to hum to the low sound of a distant symphony.

table by chels
[/html]
Not a thing, that I know! Maybe they'll come and drool on your door then! XD *makes grabby hands for*

[html]
He may not have known the true tune she was dancing to, but he understood what it was to hear the music when it wasn't there. For him, music drew pictures of another world in the right mind; other times it was simple something to be heard in the background almost like white noise. Always there, always guiding them down some path somewhere. When lyrics found their way into the music, they occasionally dealt away with the mental picture drawing and supplied their own. He had never waltzed, he had never really done much dancing in his life but he knew just about what she was probably hearing. So for that very reason, he let her have the leading, only swaying after her in the part that she have been the for the lead female, rather than the male. “Are you remembering anything else?” he asked quietly, not wanting to detract from the music that she no doubt heard.
[/html]
</style>

Asanotohl could hear the gentle tone of Laurel’s voice over the music, and she frowned softly in concentration. The music did not dim, but her movements slowed slightly, her thoughts elsewhere. I… well, there’s a big room and a… a beautiful chandelier above… a man is dancing with me… Her thoughts fuzzed, and she forced herself to think harder. We’re dancing… and dancing… and he says he… loves me. Her eyes opened then and she stared blankly at the floor, suddenly stopping and letting her arms go limp. She couldn’t see his face, smell his scent, and the voice had been nothing but a whisper, nothing distinguishable. I’m sorry, she said after a moment, shaking her head and looking up at Laurel, her distinctive features turned into a bright, absent grin.

table by chels
[/html]
*drowns in the people mauling her on AIM*
[html]
He could only imagine what kind of a place that they were in, though he knew just by the tone of voice Asanotohl took on that she was very much lost in the memory for a few seconds. He watched and listened with great interest, trying to read her eyes when they first opened to reality. She apologised and his face screwed up a little bit, surprised and half amused. “Why for? It's probably good you're remembering something… at least something good.” Regardless of that, the smile on his face didn't diminish any. “Maybe there's someone out there looking for you, maybe that fella that said he loved you.” Of course, he was subtracting the possibility that everything in her life had been good, but why give her reason to doubt?
[/html]
</style>

Asanotohl smiled weakly, shrugging her shoulders slightly. As much as she would have liked to remember her past, she was hopelessly afraid of it. Afraid of the reason she could not remember… afraid of who she was forgetting. Obviously now, someone she had left behind had loved her… which was more disheartening than anything. But she looked up at Laurel, seemingly just as happy as ever. Ya know, Laurel? Thanks… you’ve really helped me out since last night… she said softly, pulling him into a gentle hug and laying the side of her face against his chest. I appreciate it! she grinned, standing back again and dancing away from him smoothly. She twirled away to collect her bandannas, jacket and book.

table by chels
[/html]
[html]
Even with such a happy expression on her face, his knew that her eyes spoke different emotions. It was very clear to see that whatever she had remembered had sparked a little sadness, but that was probably to be expected. Sometimes memories were sad in that way. Nevertheless, he returned her embrace. “That's what we do, we're supposed to help one another out,” at least in reference to the Hollow, of course. “I hope it's made you feel welcome, all the same.” There was little no doubt the tone of his voice or in his thoughts that she didn't feel welcome and as she gathered her things, he reckoned that they were packing up to leave and gave the building one last look. “You all set, then?”
[/html]
</style>

Yeah, are you? she murmured, his previous words still quite fresh in her thoughts. She smiled to herself, yet couldn’t find the words to thank him again, or even begin to express her feelings. She shifted everything she had gathered comfortably into her arms and peered up at Laurel with a toothy grin. C’mon! Let’s skip home! And with her enthusiasm and encouragement, she more or less forced Laurel into a rather goofy skip and the two skipped away… erm, in the rain, home! And Van is very proud of her ending even though she is a little screwy right now.

table by chels
[/html]