Nightingales
[html]

Backdated to: April 27th

Something about the lands outside of Salsola suddenly seemed so distant, so welcoming, so friendly. Goodness, how the dame missed the peregrine lifestyle she once lived. It was always so carefree, quiet...

Gentle.

That's what she had missed the most. She was not Salsola material in the least, her compassion misplaced among that not so merry band of cut-throat brutes. At least not all of them were bad, some happened to be gentle, but the good seemed to be buried in the negative. It all was so overwhelming, having to stay in one place with a lot of the bunch being complete strangers. Sure, Wander had met strangers on her travels, but at least that was neutral territory. Most everyone she had met emanate
kindness.

And it was for that exact reason that she was out exploring. The dame had wanted to meet strangers who were kind, strangers who weren't hostile and manipulative. Perhaps someone who would agree to be a friend, despite the fact that she was blind and considered useless back at... home.

Salsola wasn't a home. Home was supposed to comfort, supposed to be where a heart resides, and her corner in Sirius' room was certainly not where her heart had come to rest.

All she had wanted, all she needed was a little of her own kindness returned to her from a stranger who didn't smell of musk and thistles.

<style type="text/css">
.wandertable b {font-weight:bold; color:#6ba574; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 2px;}
.wandertable p {padding:5px 25px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.wandertable {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#406162; background-image:url(http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9813/wandertable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #847b73; padding:333px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8dc1d4; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:30px;}
.wandertable .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.wandertable p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.wandertable p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

She would be here soon.

Shandom could sense her like a twin could sense their long lost other half, and his heart thrummed with anticipation and fear. The dark woman would not come with love in her heart; malice took up residence in her mind and twisted a beautiful creature into something terrible, something that hated him and wanted him dead more than anything else in the world. He remembered the look in her molten gold eyes the last time he saw his sister, back when he was first tumbling off the precarious edge he'd once built for himself, and he knew the madness must have grown to something that enveloped her further. Linquilea Yae did not exist, as much as Shandom did not like to consider that. But it was the truth - Linquilea Yae had been killed with Xyvi and Kora Dy'nix. He might as well have spilled her blood like he spilled theirs.

The Dawn Gamma did not like to think of these things in his new home, and had wandered away from the borders to be alone with his thoughts. He was not negligent in his duties, and spent much of his time advising those when they sought his counsel, but Shandom could not deny that he was only a mortal. At some points, the thundering in his brain that was born from tremendous guilt was too much for even him to bear, and so he shifted upon two legs and fled the lands like a exorcised ghost. Running felt good for him - it filled him with the sense of being alive as the muscles he so carefully trained pulled against him and burned with anger. But t reminded him he was breathing and functioning, no longer the morbidly sentient creature that he had been directly after everything happened.

He was just finishing a run when he came across the scent of a young female. Shandom's shoulders heaved as he eagerly drew oxygen into himself, tongue lolling out of his mouth rather carelessly as he allowed himself a break to speak with her. He spotted her rather quickly, and noted her appearance briefly before speaking. She was smaller than he, of course, and carried a small cane. The Gamma cocked his head briefly, wondering what she might use it for - perhaps it had to do with the strange gold ring that was laced through her nose. He could not say he understood the customs of some of these more humanized creatures, but it was their life to live. Still, overwhelming curiosity got the better of the pearly white male, and he walked towards her, careful to move slowly so as to not frighten her. Miss? he called, deep baritone words ringing through the air. I apologize for my abruptness but... What is that cane you carry? A gentle smile was curled across his scarred lips, and Shandom hoped his calming tones would be enough to distract this stranger from the rather morbid scar that ruined his face.

<style type="text/css">
.waadoc b {font-weight:bold; color:#cad3ec; text-shadow:#16120d 1px 1px 2px;}
.waadoc p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.waadoc {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#98938c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3zqrQ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #595856; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3f4047; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.waadoc .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.waadoc p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.waadoc p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

--

The dame was lost in thought, contemplating the meaning of every bit of existence and as to why she was placed in such an poor situation. A sigh heaved through that pierced nose, ribs heaving as she had done so. Nimble fingers were quietly grasping her cane, drumming absent-minded on the thin tool, her mossy gaze cast downward as she leaned back into a rock, remaining silent.

The voice, however, had caught her off guard, silver and cocoa harks perked as they directed towards the sound of the pearly fellow. Slender visage turned his way, cautious as she listened. There was no malicious intent in that voice, no. There was no aggression. And this one smelled of something familiar. In fact, he smelled a bit like Cerberus. A gentle smile curved her lips with the thought of her friend. Hopefully, just maybe, this stranger would be the same in demeanor.

Oh, hello, Wander replied in a hushed, gentle tone. This? It's for my sight, or rather, lack there of, good sir.

Her voice held a slight upbeat tone, hoping for a friendly conversation without being belittled.

My name is Wander Huxley, sir. May I be so bold as to ask your alias? the dame asked, clearly eager for a conversation. And would you happen to know a fellow named Cerberus?

<style type="text/css">
.wandertable b {font-weight:bold; color:#6ba574; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 2px;}
.wandertable p {padding:5px 25px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.wandertable {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#406162; background-image:url(http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9813/wandertable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #847b73; padding:333px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8dc1d4; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:30px;}
.wandertable .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.wandertable p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.wandertable p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

She was not shocked, and did not seem overly nervous - Shandom was relieved for this small fact. His grin widened briefly before flitting away to be replaced with a small smirk of knowing - this girl was, apparently, lacking her own sight as well. The Gamma briefly raised a hand to his face, touching his useless left eye lightly before casting his half-ruined gaze to the ground. He understood all too well what it was like to be without sight, though he could imagine it was much more difficult for the slender girl. Of course, Shandom murmured. I understand that affliction well - I cannot see out of my left eye. It was strange for the Gamma to think of the days when he'd been balanced and not so crippled. To think, it was getting to the point where more of his life had been spent blind and alone than seeing and with a family.

My name is Shandom Qi'Vaex, Miss Huxley. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. The white man flashed his toothy grin again, rolling his shoulders to release some of the tension that had built up in them. Running certainly made his muscles ache a bit, and he cast his eyes around a bit to see if there were a comfortable spot for him to sit. I do know Cerberus - he is of my pack, New Dawn. Are you friends? His voice lilted up curiously as he examined the slender girl more closely - had he scented her around the borders? He couldn't tell. He's a good man, though I do not know him particularly well. I am remiss to admit that my duties of the Gamma often take me away from the pack.

<style type="text/css">
.waadoc b {font-weight:bold; color:#cad3ec; text-shadow:#16120d 1px 1px 2px;}
.waadoc p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.waadoc {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#98938c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3zqrQ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #595856; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3f4047; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.waadoc .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.waadoc p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.waadoc p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]