AW- The Way Things Could Have Been.
OOC - Roleplaying as Toby if he and his family hadn't been split apart and his Fang personality hadn't developed.
(so basically he's normal here) Anyone join! I'm just kind of expirementing with Lasky threads.

IC -

Toby was younger and more fit. Here in Halifax, in a beach side house, he would spend his days relaxing in the salty air and using fish for every meal. Mya tended to visit him from time to time when Rory didn't seem to mind to much. The last visit had surprised him; she was expecting and soon to give her cat-child some siblings to run around with. Rose had been pumped and with all the happiness in the world this made him smile even more! Pups! Something his mother would be so excited about! The German shepherd sat on the sand grinning at what Grace would do if she was here and not dead by age.

"That's great, Mya! Now don't forget that one is Grace the second and the other is Toby Jr.!" Yes, he was certain those would be her thoughts and she'd be one of those grandmothers that spoils the grandkids way too much. The Luperci gave a happy sigh and stretched. The sun that warmed his fur made him feel all sleepy and peaceful. The sand's embrace and the ocean's lullaby made it hard for him to resist sleep. He yawned, sitting up and rubbing his eyes back open. A quiet growl escaped his stomach. Time to fish, he thought and stood to shake sand from the pair of swim trunks he wore each day.

Grabbing his spear, a piece of sharpened tree, he waded out to the shallows and sat in a silent meditation. Everything grew quiet as he waited and when the flash of color swiftly fled through the water his body reacted in a matched speed. His spear struck the fish, making a clean kill as it pierced the brain and stuck to the stick so even the current of the sea couldn't take away Toby's kill. He'd practiced this art since he was young and although Mya never liked the water she would call him a fish and splash around in rivers every once in a while. Yes, this was a life he could never dream of losing. No problems. No worries. No violence. Just simple perfection.
Terra had been enjoying herself, sunning upon a rock on the beach. Anything that got too close to her promptly found themselves at the coyote's mercy, pushed and toyed with. A crab that had gotten too close had ended up losing a pincer, though Terra had been pinched in the process. Licking her sore nose Terra looked over the area happily. Someone emerged down to her surprise. Sitting up Terra watched, tail thumping behind him. A stick was in his hand for some strange reason. Thinking Terra remembered sticks being used to capture fish, and immediately bounded up.

Crossing the sands daintily Terra sat down again behind the fisher, waiting for the food that she knew would appear so quickly after this activity began. The fact that the fish was probably not meant for her didn't even cross her mind, simply connecting fishing with the act of getting fed. Her tail wagged behind her, thinking about the salty meal that she'd be enjoying soon enough. Terra didn't let out any sounds to announce her presence, too focused on the meal, hidden behind him.
Ignorant in his peaceful ways, the tall male stood in the water smirking down at his fish and totally oblivious to the woman behind him. It was until the breeze shifted and swept her scent across his nose that he became aware of her presence. The male straightened up, turned around holding his large fresh kill, and tilted his head curiously. She looked so expectant, as if waiting to be served. Something like a queen with the way she awaited the meal he held in his paw.

"Uh..." he spoke lamely, a bit surprised of her sudden attendance on the beach he patrolled daily. "Uh, hello there. I-I'm Toby." He flashed her a bit of a shy, yet cute smile. "Were you hungry?" Exiting the water he trekked up the beach to her place where she'd been standing in his large shadow. His black mane swirled in the sea breeze and, though he had no marks on him, his solid ebony fur was enough to stand out along the shore. His eyes traced down her feminine frame and he looked her in the eye as he awaited her reply, still clutching the fish that had drawn her near.
OOC: ya...people need to stop feeding her XD

IC: Exactly as she had expected, a fish was quickly caught on the stick. Her tail wagged behind her, waiting eagerly for when the fish would be handed over. The muscular male turned, surprise clear on his face. Terra flashed a charming smile up at him, knowing she was the source of the shock. Probably wasn't expecting to be dealing with a red coated coyote after fishing. She was here though, and she was going to get her fish. His first attempt at speaking brought an even wider smile on her face, enjoying his struggle to figure out what to do now.

The smile flashed over at her was a charming one in itself, and Terra knew charming, practicing smiles made to disarm others. My name's Fleta. She wondered how long they would be dancing around what the main point of this was. Luckily it wasn't too long, finally mentioning the meal in his grip. Toby didn't give it over though. If anything he held it tighter. Yes. It's been a while since I've had a decent meal. A complete lie, considering how often she conned predators of all sorts out of food, but she did feel like she was starving, the sun soaking over her fur.
OOC – Why do I feel like she changes her names a lot in posts I see with her in it?? O_o??

IC –

The smile was charming, the woman was pretty. What could he say? She was the first female he'd seen in a while on the shores he called his front yard. Yet something whispered in his brain: beware. Perhaps he was too kind, and trusting or mayb ehe just was bored but he denied the little voice. What would possibly happen? He held on to the carcass and decided to add a little something to the coyote's possible meal.

His hands slipped it behind his back and he side stepped around her toward his house as he smirked. "How about you tell me what brings you to the beach today?" Captured conversation. He could make it into an art. His black eyes, full of humor, settled on her movements and facial expressions. "Well then, miss Fleta, why should I give you a fine meal?" Something flirtatious and amused and all together mischevious had flarred into his eyes. "What's in it for me?"
OOC: Because she's a huge liar, and changes her name a lot. Only those she trusts know her real name. That, and New Dawn and her pack. They know it. She just hopes they don't tell anyone

Terra's eyes followed the fish, watching it vanish behind the black dog's back. Disappointing. She didn't want it to be hidden away there. She wanted it with her, swallowed down into her stomach. If he wasn't going to give it to her, there was no need to act the tease and ask if she was hungry. She very clearly was. It had only made her think that he would be giving her the fish. She turned as he did, eyes flickering to the house that rested behind them. It looked like he'd come from there. Was he going to retreat in there and leave her out there, starved of fish?

The smirk on his face told her that was exactly what was up. He was toying with her. Shaking her head Terra paused, letting herself leave the four legged form she usually kept. Long red hair cascaded down as fingers formed. Limbs stretched, leaving her crouched on the ground before she stood up. Shaking herself she stepped forwards, her movements more sly. The warmth of the sun. The promise of fish. She whined slightly at his words, trying to think over what she could give him. She didn't have anything on him. Dancing forwards she leaned over him. My company? One hand slipped behind, and Terra danced back, the fish in her hand, laughing.
His gaze fell along her body as her curves were redefined in a more obviously feminine type of way. Red curls swept down from her head as her mane grew with the change. Then came the cracking of bones and adding of joints. He starred at her a bit, smirking. He'd not seen a real woman in a while. All he'd caught sight of was Mya. She was his sister, so that removed his taste for her own curves. Yet this girl, he found lightly attractive and smiled lightly.

Her voice rolled off the mouth he yearned to kiss, because as much as he wasn't a jerk he still had the secret urge for lustful things or thoughts or actions. Her company. That was what he wanted. Her company in his home, in his bedroom... He blinked hard and was alarmed by the fish being gone from his grasp. Her laugh filled the air and turned things cold within the warm ocean breeze. "Wha–" he stuttered in confusion and rested black eyes on the female.

Slipping up towards the female, Toby's hands came up to smoothly and quickly wrap around her waist. He pulled her into him, grabbing back his fish with a swift success. "Thanks, babe," he said with a charming smile. His teeth grazed her ear playfully before he pulled away and started walking back towards his house. Ears swiveled around as he waited for the counter-attack. I'm liking this game, he thought with a deep smirk of amusement.
The shocked look on his face as he realized he'd been duped brought another round of laughter from the red headed female. Shaking her head Terra shifted the fish in her hands. There was no way she was going to give it up. Eating it was what she was going to do. Lifting it up to do exactly that Terra was caught off guard as Toby stepped back up to her. A hand grasped her, pulling the small female close to him. Blinking in surprise Terra squirmed around, her body pressed warmly against his.

The fish was taken back from her unfortunately. Green eyes trailed after it solemnly. Thoughts about the meal that had almost been plagued her mind. That wasn't fair. He knew she was hungry. Sure, Terra hadn't been as subtle about taking the fish as she should have been, but it had been dangled right in front of her. She wasn't going to ignore that. A small yelp of surprise slipped out as her ear was grazed over. Heart pounding she watched him walk away. One hand lifted up to her ear, touching where he had nibbled on it. How strange.

She wasn't too sure what to think of him chewing on her ear, but she wasn't going to give up now. Not when she had been holding the fish in her hands. The coyote's tail wagged behind her as she stepped up silently. The fish was held in front of him unfortunately. Grabbing it without him seeing her go for it was out of the question. He probably wouldn't fall for the same move again either. Frowning she simply followed him up into the house. It would be easier when there were places to run through. As soon as he stepped through the doorway Terra lunged to grab the fish and dash up the stairs.
OOC – I could see that you may take some of the stair part as me making Terra do stuff so I'll change it later if you want.. ;3

He almost had a certain 'swag' about him as he wondered up the beach. Indeed, he was arrogant around ladies and probably shouldn't have let his gaurd down so much. He wondered into the house only to be attacked because of his foolish moves. The fish was snatched and the girl passed him to run up the flight of stairs. What the heck just happened? he thought for the moment before giving chase. His legs were quick and he bound up the stairs, taking three at a time. It was as the female reached the top of the stair case he dove. His body hit the stairs hard but his hands managed to grab at her ankles. He tripped her successfully and had her laid out on the floor before him.

"I'd rather not have to do stuff like this," he remarked as he crawled up her body, straddling her as she laid on her stomach so as to ensure she couldn't run off again. He snatched back his fish and took a bite out of his preferred place. He always found the muscular part on the sides the most satisfying in place. As he smacked on the bite of fish he studied the woman beneath him. It was no way to treat a woman, he was sure of it, so he stood slowly and tossed the rest of the fish down the stairs. It tumbled down and came to a stop just after the first step. "Fetch. The rest is your's." A black arm came up to wipe off his mouth. "And for the record, next time I'd like you to join me for dinner rather than have to wrestle my catch away from you for a bite."
Her ankles were grabbed, Terra twisting in his grasp. One foot escaped, but her balance was still lost. Huffing her frustration Terra clung to the fish, still wanting a bite of the prize. A shiver ran through her body as he climbed up to sit on top of her. Squirming Terra tried to move, but it was harder than she'd thought with his weight on her. The fish was taken, Terra managing to roll over so that he laid across her stomach instead, breathing softly. Whining she watched him take a bite out of it, licking her lips at the thought.

The fish was tossed down the stairs, Terra watching it almost hopelessly. At his words Terra promptly forgot about the fish. There was no way that she was going to run after his leftovers. Stubborn Terra pouted, looking up at him with glaring green eyes. The gold flecks in there seemed to stand out even more, meeting his black gaze. You didn't offer. He had done nothing to show that he was willing to share at all, though someone more attuned with flirting might have noticed. With the fish out of the picture Terra looked around the house, interested in exploring it now that her attention was freed up.
"I wasn't given time to ask you," he corrected her quickly. A hand slid up to run through the long straight bangs that crossed his face. She was looking about when he got done fixing himself and seemed to be ready to snoop. A smirk crossed his face, only slightly, before he started down the stairs toward the forgotten fish. He snatched it up, carrying it into what was once a fabulous kitchen he was sure. Now it was a recently repaired thing he'd restored to nothing like its original state. Rather, the windows still had no glass or curtains, the sink not working and taking away to give more cabinet room, the chairs and table repaired to take up most of the space and the big rectangular box he'd found thrown out the day he'd discovered his palace.

He dropped the water animal's carcass on the old table and sat in a chair to pick off more meat. Instead of eating it this time, he disregarded to the side of him on a small white sheet of cloth. Storage was his new thing. He always preferred saving things than throwing them out. This way he'd not have to worry about being unable to hunt on a rainy day. "Now, stranger, why don't you sit on down and tell me what brought you to my beach." It was more of a joke, a flirty smile hinted in his black eyes, when he stated the beach as his but some beings might choose to take his humor the wrong way. He didn't seem to care at this possibility and perked his ears towards her direction, assuming she'd followed him back down to the first level of his house. Otherwise, he'd call the same words to her so they'd travel through the thin beach house walls and deliver themselves to her ears.
Hadn't he had plenty of time? When he asked if she was hungry, when she was trotting beside him, when she first tried taking the fish. All of those had been good times to offer. At least in her mind. The fact that she might have been distracting him with her actions didn't occur to the lithe female at all. She followed Toby back down the stairs, still gazing around at the various things that were available. Her interest in the male was waning after the fish was lost, but her ear still tingled a little from the nip Terra hadn't understood.

Terra moved to sit down at the table, running a hand over the white furnishing. She sat neatly at a seat, prepared to start moving at the slightest moment. Shrugging Terra traced a hand over the wood, feeling the grain beneath it. Just what I told you. The warmth and the chance of fish. Terra wasn't exactly more complex than that. Even her most complicated schemes were at the heart of things very simple in nature.