Approaching The Border
[html]

WC:: - OOC You can :-)

Malakai let his muzzle widen into a slow grin as the female mentioned to call her either Angela or simply Naniko, his head bowing once more in respect and agreement. He would call her Naniko. Following to move after her, Kai still limped a little, heading to the left as the female did, making sure to trail close behind her, though as they walked, his appreciative gaze lifted, watching the sway of her body. It was a habit of his, this fiery male. It occured to him that there was nothing Alpha-ish about the way this one moved - so arrogant saunter, no snobby headtilt. It was already clear that Naniko didn't lord it over her pack members as she had known other Alphas to do. She did her job, fulfilled her role but ddn't make enemies while doing so. A lot to acertain from watching someone's behind...

As he glanced into each den as they passed, he saw what the female referred to - the skins, personal possessions that told a little of the residents that they belonged to. As Naniko motioned to a few empty dens, Kai glanced to her as if seeking permission to enter one of them, moving closer to the first they came to, sniffing at the air a little as he did so. Kai didn't have anything to decorate the den with, no possessions to call his own. Malakai was usually arrogant, begrudging to show anyone submission, but with this female, it was different. It was easier. She didn't take pleasure in the bow of his head as he had assumed, as he himself would of another. As he moved further into the den, he glanced around with a brief nod. "This one seems to suit my minor needs. I'll take this den... If that's okay, Naniko?" He caught himself - asking permission was something else that usually seemed alien to him, but now, with her, it seemed right. Proper. Had he really fallen so quickly into the pack dynamic? This female was his Alpha, yes, but he thought he would have more difficulty in accepting the way of things.

<style>
.malcai01 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.malcai01 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.malcai01 b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.malcai01 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/2475/kaidjs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #1d2425; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.malcai01 .inner {margin:295px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:245px; overflow:auto;}
</style>Thanks to Cait for the table, Sig by Me!
[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

Feel free to write that she walked away or whatnot - good place to end, no? :3 I'll get our thread started tomorrow!

Naniko was not openly strict or cruel to members because she did not need to be. She had earned the respect of the pack and had proven herself more than capable; she always kept her word when it came to the pack, and they knew that. If they broke a pack law, they would be punished and would pay for their crimes. If they did something to piss her or the other leaders off bad enough, they could be left in the pits for days without food or water. How long could a canine survive without water? She wasn't sure, but she was ready to find out if she was crossed.

So to others it might seem as if she were rather carefree or lax in her procedures...when in reality, she spent most free moments thinking of new and twisted ways to punish those who broke the laws of the land. She waited patiently for him to decide if the dens that they passed were suitable. It was an important decision, where one would be spending their time when not in the service of their pack, and she did not mind waiting. "Works perfectly for me. This is where I'll leave you, for now. I will gather furs and meet you here later. If I see that you're resting by the time I get back, I'll leave them just inside the entrance."

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 261 - OOC Indeed, okay this will be the end of the thread. Thanks!

As the female agreed that this den could now be his, a hint of a smile reached his muzzle and he nodded his head once more. He had his own space now, where he could be alone with his thoughts if he wanted to, a place to rest, to recover and to relax. His eyes followed Naniko as she mentioned calling by later with some furs, probably the same kind as he had seen in one or two of the other dens they had passed before coming to this one. "Thank you, Naniko. I might take the opportunity to look around a little, try to get the lay of the land."

As the Angela walked away, Malakai poked his head out of the den to watch her go, a wider smile appearing not only upon his muzzle but within his eyes. He felt accepted here, so quickly, thanks to this female, but he knew it would take a while for him to feel at one with his new pack brothers and sisters, to work out the cliques, the relationships between the others, to forge his own alliances. Turning back into his own den, his eyes glanced around. It was bare, empty of possessions for now, but he would soon make the place look and feel a little more like home. Poking his head out, he looked right, then left, and then emerged, heading down the hall, off to try and find his way around, or at least someone who might know the lay of the land a little better than him.

<style>
.malcai01 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.malcai01 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.malcai01 b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.malcai01 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/2475/kaidjs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #1d2425; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.malcai01 .inner {margin:295px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:245px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]