Yummy in my Tummy! [p]
[html]

300+ Cute avvy by the way!

Palaydrian allowed a smile to chisel through her anger and laughed herself. Maybe she was jumping the gun too early, but she still felt for Terra though she nodded her head at what the coywolf said. “You’re right, you can probably take care of yourself, but I’d like to ask him about it nonetheless.” She needed to give her pack brother the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps it had been an off day for him, but as the coyote went on, Drin couldn’t place why he would have falsely accused Terra of being up to no good with one of the pack’s pups.

It must’ve had something to do with her being a hybrid. Not pure wolf, nor pure coyote...thus racism was born due to little differences such as this. It angered the golden femme to no end, but everyone was entitled to their own opinion. Unfortunately, such unbridled hate could hurt innocents, and that was what Terra was describing. Drin was not unfamiliar to this as her entire puphood was a series of hardships and challenges to fit in.

Snorting with obvious displeasure, the wolf shook her head. “You were only trying to do good by that pup and Augustus was purely in the wrong,” ocean eyes met Terra’s green, “You were attacked by a cougar?” The surprise in the golden femme’s voice was hardly concealed. “Was this when Zalen helped?” Drin had only heard the haunting screams of cougars in the valley she had grown up in, they were to be avoided at all costs as they were notorious for picking off pups that strayed too far from the safety of their dens. Or perhaps that had been a fable to keep them all on their toes at night, but to be attacked by such a ferocious cat and to live was something akin to a miracle.

Table credit goes to Raze! <3.

<style type="text/css">
.drinmoon .space {float:right; height:230px; width:240px;}
.drinmoon b {font-weight:bold; color:#c58062; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinmoon p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.drinmoon {margin:0px auto; width:95%; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/uTOQP.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#848484; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.drinmoon .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]
OOC: thank you!

Her tail wagged softly. She was being very nice to the coyote. It looked like the poor wolf was truly ignorant of how the pack worked. Well, Terra didn't exactly know either to be fair. She just knew that avoiding the pack was the best thing she could do. Better for everyone if she didn't get involved in it. In fact, Terra was feeling rather like she was picking at old wounds with this discussion. As much as she wanted revenge on the male, dragging a pack member into it didn't seem like a particularly good idea.

Well, she never had been one to listen to common sense. Terra giggled at the mention of the cougar, remembering the circumstances it'd been under. A fresh killed moose, mere minutes old, and no one there to claim it. Except for a very large angry cat. A terrifying experience, but not one that surprised Terra to find herself in. Yes. I don't remember much beyond waking up in a den after the cat got me. Apparently I trespassed, and Zalen organized the pack to get the healer and patch me up. She wished she actually remembered what had happened, able to explain the trespassing somehow.
[html]

200+

Upon acceptance and Noah’s brief introduction to Drin’s new communal den, the golden wolf had immediately realized New Dawn was home to a few pups, and the coywolf had already revealed the sex of one. Safety for the young and the elderly was of utmost importance in her old homelands. She was sure the same rule and protective blanket applied here. A tingling sensation ran down Palaydrian’s spine as the female explained what had happened. If Terra had been trespassing at the time, that meant that the cougar must have lived someone in her new pack lands as well. Surely Zalen and the others had dispatched the cat or at least chased it off, but the subord made a mental note that she’d patrol her new home to make sure no residual felines remained.

It’s amazing you’re alive, perhaps not knowing is better? Drin said, more of a suggestion than a question as she knew full well that she would not have wanted the memory of the attack nor thoughts of the pain. Well I’m glad you’re alive, or I would not have had the pleasure of meeting you Terra. The young Soul replied with a smile and a wag of her tail as she rolled off her haunches to stand. But enough about the past, what do you do around here for fun? She asked, now that her semi food coma had worn off, the wolf wanted to give her legs a good stretch.

<style type="text/css">
.drinmoon {margin:0px auto; width:95%; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/uTOQP.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#848484; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Terra grinned cockily. Death wouldn't take her as easily as that. Not from someone who had challenged death and faced it head on so many times. Terra wasn't too sure how she was going to die, but it certainly wasn't going to be from something as stupid as that. She did want to remember though, even if it was painful. She wanted to know why Terra felt that someone in the pack wanted to kill her, even though she couldn't remember meeting anyone who had given her that impression.

Her tail wagged at the thought, considering it. There were plenty of things that she did for fun, but not everyone would consider tricking others and stealing fun. Gardening might be nice to try, but Terra had a feeling it wasn't something one could just do on an impulse like so many of the things Terra did. Tag? Terra had played that before with another canine. Just a short distance off where Ichika was. Terra didn't know it was gone yet.

<style type="text/css">
.terraleap b {font-weight:bold; color:#fffe61; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #1a1f0a; }
.terraleap p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terraleap {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9c84c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wGvcK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1a1f0a; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1a1f0a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.terraleap .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%}
.terraleap p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terraleap p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style> [/html]
[html]

200+

Palaydrian mimicked Terra’s reaction to her question, she was beginning to really like the coywolf which was surprising as she normally didn’t take so well to females, at least not right away. Their meeting had been rather unconventional, but Drin was happy they had been able to exchange information and the subord had gotten a chance to learn a bit more about another pack. The news she heard of one of her pack brother’s was hard to hear, but knowing at least little bit of history from her new home was important to the golden fae.

Allowing the coywolf to mull it over brought forth the suggestion of tag. It was a game Drin was especially fond of. Smiling ear to ear, the young Soul began to lower her chest to the ground in a playful crouch. She suddenly pounced forward and gently tapped Terra’s shoulder before bounding off in the opposite direction and calling over her shoulder, You’re it! A raucous laugh cut through the afternoon din as she ran in energetic zigzags throughout the Dampwood underbrush hoping her newfound friend would give chase. Drin had played this game many times with her brothers and once with Jiva. Some things never died from puphood.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Palaydrian went into a bow, and Terra bounded back, mimicking the movement, tail wagging high in the air. She let out a yip as the wolf bounded forwards, tensed to spring. A tap on the shoulder sent Terra leaping to the side, watching her turn and begin to bounce away. Told that she was it Terra emitted a growl and bounded forwards as well, tail wagging rapidly behind her. She was not going to let her get away that easily! Terra knew the land, if not as well as her pack territory, and she would fly over it to catch her prey.

The laughter was clear, easy for Terra to follow after. She ran as fast as she could, sinewy muscles pushing her forwards rapidly. She dived through the woods, cutting through bushes and leaping over rocks. A couple times she got close, almost tasting the fur in her mouth. Every time though Palay managed to get ahead, a simple trick or turn enough to have Terra fall back again. Determined not to give up she twisted and came up ahead of the wolf, leaping forwards to tag before pushing off and flying through the woods once more.

<style type="text/css">
.terraleap b {font-weight:bold; color:#fffe61; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #1a1f0a; }
.terraleap {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9c84c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wGvcK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1a1f0a; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1a1f0a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.terraleap .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%}
</style> [/html]
[html]

WC:: 2+
Sorry!! Memorial Day/packing related delay!

Ferns brushed against her whiskers as the golden fae darted past the undergrowth of the forest, Terra hot in pursuit. An ecstatic smile was plastered on the New Dawn wolf’s face as her tongue lolled out to the side. A few times now her newfound coywolf companion had gotten mere inches from catching her which caused her heart to pound against her ribcage in joy. Drin would try to keep her distance as long as possible, but as soon as the thought manifested in her mind, the wolf was pleasantly surprised to find the Cour des Miracles member facing her off.

Playfully yipping, Drin felt the soft tag on her leg before Terra disappeared in blur, leaving the waving leaves on bushes in her wake. Now she’d be a the cat and Terra the mouse. Strong legs propelled her off the ground and changed her direction to follow. The coywolf was swift, there was no doubt to that, and time and again the canine would make a turn in the underbrush to throw the golden femme off her trail. It was as if the smaller dog knew the area like the back of her paw, but the young Soul was not one to turn down a challenge. She weaved, leaped, and sprung over rocks and fallen logs to keep up, coming closer each time until finally she landed a haphazard touch on Terra’s rump before bounding away with a giggle.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Being the one to flee Terra turned the landscape into her own personal playground. Bushes and gaps where the larger wolf couldn't fit quickly found the coyote darting through. Tail wagging brazenly she mocked the wolf with sharp darts right under her nose before increasing the distance once more, jumping over rocks and running through streams. She might know the area, but Palaydrian's strength was catching up with her, making it harder to lose her without becoming serious and truly running off.

She felt a weight crash on her rump, sending her spinning as she turned. Partly sitting Terra watched the female bound off. Yapping her challenge Terra darted back off after her, ready to begin all over again. The pair crossed through the land so many times it was difficult to tell where an old scent laid and a new one crossed over. They chased each other until they were panting with exhaustion, trading tags back and forth, each struggling to outdo the other.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
[html]

We can wrap this baby up if you’d like. Smile

Palaydrian collapsed in an exhausted heap, rolling onto her back and letting out a good belly laugh. Her afternoon had been full of pleasant surprises and she was happy to know she had found a friend in Terra. Their game of tag had taken a toll on the young wolf, especially in the rising temperatures of spring and she realized with amusement that her appetite had returned. Terra was the victor in their game, Drin could no longer give chase after the smaller coywolf without taking a break or getting some serious water in her belly.

A smile played on her lips and she called out into the surrounding woods, knowing her new found friend was still within earshot even though she had zipped after she’d dubbed Drin as “it”. I give up! She laughed out loud again, tongue now lolling lazily out the side of her mouth. You win, come on out! She called, wiggling her body against the forest floor to scratch at the parts of her body that were beginning to shed. I don’t know about you, but I’m famished after all that running. I bet we could round up some early dinner? The wolf suggested, continuing to scratch her coat against the earth.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Having recently succeeded at tagging her yet again Terra disappeared into the trees. Laughter echoed from behind, the mixed laughter from the hybrid joining in. Heat was rising, leaving both tired. Terra was used to the pains of travel though, her lean form built for the travel she demanded of it. Perhaps if she risked her life less often, she would have understood why Palaydrian had slowed down, instead of simply circling around out of reach, careful not to stir a sound.

As soon as the victory was sounded the coyote appeared, reddish form outlining from the trees. She'd learned how to use the shadows very well to help blend her, the colorful coat no longer a hindrance in staying hidden. She rubbed against a tree, a loose patch of fur coming off to reveal a lighter cream color beneath the brown that had been there. Even her red looked brighter with the dark strips torn off in their game. Deer? Her tail wagged. She hadn't had fresh meat in so long.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
[html]

Palaydrian chuckled, it seemed she and the hybrid were both suffering from the same winter coat malady, the itchy plague of shedding. There was no glamorous way of ridding oneself of the thick fluffy fur that coated their bodies in the colder temperatures, but one thing was for certain, it itched like hell. Palay threw Terra an upside down grin as she continued her odd wiggling against the ground and quickly rolled to her belly at the coywolf’s suggestion. Mmm...I think that would be perfect! The wolf replied, smacking her lips to enforce her response.

Shaking out her coat and standing on four legs again, her snout was poised in the air taking in deep breaths of their surroundings. I had scouted a small herd around these parts a few days ago, I’m sure we could pick up their trail? A suggestion rolled off her tongue as her head angled towards the bushes to taste the flora in hopes a whiff of deer musk or feces could be found. Drin hadn’t hunted with a hybrid before and was curious how the smaller canines functioned in parties. They had to eat somehow.

Snorting with the faint smell of urine in her nares, Drin lifted her head with success glowing in her bicolored eyes. This trail is about a day or two old, but I think we can follow it. The she-wolf slinked off into the underbrush once more, nose attuned to the quarry and tracking sense at an all high.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

She grinned happily, taking in the exaggerated demonstration of how good it would be. Her mouth was watering just thinking about it. The deer, taken down without too much effort, torn apart with blood filling her mouth. Hunting wasn't her normal way of getting food, more of a thief and scavenger than anything else. Her time spent alone had ensured that. Without knowing how to hunt Terra had resorted to the other means of survival that she had been taught, tasks capable of being fulfilled even by someone young.

Nodding her head Terra waited for the other to lead. Group hunts was something Terra was good at. Put her in a group and she became a fantastic hunter. Take the same coyote and place her up against prey on her own, and it became a comedy. She was too small for working on her own. As Palaydrian set off Terra quickly raced ahead. Darting back and forth she followed along the trail, falling back to make sure she was following the right path and running ahead to scout the landscape.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
[html]

WC:: 3+

The woods were the golden fae’s element. Here she moved like a whisper through the underbrush, faintly aware that the dainty paws of her new friend carried Terra in her own footsteps and occasionally scouting ahead. The forest was alive with sounds and scents, but Palaydrian was after one, the heavy musk of a deer herd that had passed through the area from yesterday. Lilac ears were alert and cupped forward to detect any sudden snapping of twigs or low grunts from her quarry, but it was Drin’s nose that would ultimately find the two success.

They traveled deeper into the neutral territory, the scent growing stronger with each paw propulsion off the ground. Drin was beginning to imagine the rustlings of herbivore activity when her eyes narrowed in on freshly broken twigs and a small pile of fresh dung. They were getting painfully closer now as this trail was about 15 minutes old. It seemed their herd of prey was headed towards the water source hugging the southern end of The Dampwoods. It would take the docile creatures another few hours to reach the shores of the lake, so Drin recalculated and suddenly left the obvious trail and began making her way through the woods in a large arc.

The femme surprisingly glided soundlessly across the forest floor for a wolf of her size. Trot turned into a lope which would cut down the time past between the two hunters and the deer. Now the imagined sounds became reality to Drin’s right as she increased her speed and continued to give the herd a large birth. Bi-colored ocean eyes picked out what looked like a cluster of 5 deer, 1 buck, 3 doe, and 1 spotted button buck through the thick fora. The latter would be the target.

Palay slowed her pace once she was about 20 yards in front of the herd and downwind. She crouched in the dirt and moss, ready to spring at a diagonal once the herd passed by her hiding spot. Let’s take the younger one...he’ll be too shocked to know what to do, she whispered. Now the two would have to play the waiting game.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Terra slowed, watching Palaydrian take off from the trail. What was she doing? Bending down she sniffed the deer trail, trying to think why she would do that. They were both hungry. A few moments of contemplation gave her the answer. Water was nearby. They were going to cut the deer off. Swiftly she bounded off, disappearing back into the woods, catching up with the golden wolf as they raced together.

Sounds of deer reached her large ears as they passed by, circling the group as it traveled. It wasn't a particularly large group, but her mouth watered anyways, eager for the taste of the meat. All she needed was direction. Glancing at the wolf she nodded, moving across from her into a more hidden spot, a different angle. Laying low she watched the herd graze, at peace with their surroundings. The movement was slow, Terra almost startling a few times, only her training in being silent stopping the deer from panicking at her eager presence.

They moved closer and closer, Terra edging around as first a doe, then the buck, passed by, passing between the ambush. The yearling came next, ignorant of the danger as it wandered a bit too close to where Terra laid. Completely silent she leaped up, jaws reaching to snap around it's neck. The startled buck reared up, the small herd vanishing as her teeth closed in a crunch around a foreleg, breaking the limb.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
[html]

WC:: 3+

This was the young fae’s favorite part, the calm before the storm, laying in wait before the ambush. Her ocean eyes were trained on the the slowly approaching herd, but she aware of her newfound friend’s movements, continuing the invisible net they were casting over their quarry. Terra chose the perfect spot, opposite of the golden girl and within the attack zone of the button buck. Drin moved in silent tandem with her as two members of the herd passed by. The two inched along, closing the gap between their fangs and their prey.

The spotted deer, aloof and green, moved too close to the coywolf and with a riot of commotion all hell break loose, but the carnivores within the fray, knew exactly what they were doing. While Terra initially went for the neck, Drin anticipated the buck’s startled movements and bounded upward as well when the coy found purchase in the sickening crunch of bone in her jaws. A crippling like so would render the deer hopeless in his chances of running away. Drin’s fangs sunk into the meaty neck of the bucking doe and her large paws sought purchase on its back. Her weight and tightening death grip would ultimately bring the buck down.

The yearling snorted in anger and pure fear as a distressed grunt choked past the blood filling its nostrils. His herd was long gone now, but he continued to buck even with one leg broken. Drin was beginning to slip off his back as dull wolf claws couldn’t snag, but she locked her jaws in determination, feeling the life force expend in the deer until he slowly began to succumb to his injuries. The buck’s breathing was becoming shallow and labored, its nostrils flaring in and out, but try as it might, the blood would not stop coming. It wouldn’t be long until the two would enjoy a fresh kill fit for a queen.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

The deer twisted in her grasp, Terra's jaws releasing the twisted limb. Her hunting partner was right there, a soaring golden arch hitting the deer's back. The yearling didn't have a chance, bucking wildly under the weight, unable to truly move around without being forced to collapse to the ground. Yipping with excitement Terra danced in, tearing off a strip of flesh. A leg kicked out, rapidly dodged as she circled around yet again.

It wouldn't be long, the grip on the neck sure to kill it. That didn't stop Terra from helping it along, growling and snapping as she tore off pieces. The strikes became less common, one kick hitting Terra's chest, only to have it tumble to the ground. Pacing excitedly she waited for the last breath to be drawn. As soon as it did she lifted her head, howling proudly. The broken sound filled the air, unable to sustain as a wolf's would. Coming over she tore into the flesh, enjoying the taste of fresh blood running in her mouth.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
[html]

WC:: 373 Hope you're cool with me ending it like this. Thank you for the thread! We should have a Tharin/Drin one soon!

Success was within their grasp! The yearling was quickly tiring and with the help of Terra’s relentless attacks to the buck’s lower half, it didn’t take long for the spotted deer to sink to the ground. Only then did Drin release her hold of the deer’s throat and as the dying buck lay there panting on the ground, Palaydrian’s friend broke the air with a telltale coyote howl. The subord laughed gently before she leaned down to finish the kill, putting the deer out of his misery before she too sat back on her haunches and lent her voice to the woodland canopy. They would certainly eat well tonight.

Once the victory song was finished, Drin didn’t waste time to join in the on feast with Terra. Her tail swished happily back and forth, both women wearing faces of blood, but this was a symbol of their conquest. Hungrily tearing flesh away in chunks from the neck and shoulder, the fae made happy growls of contentment. She couldn’t believe how hungry she was. The groundhog from earlier had simply been an afternoon snack. But after this meal, Drin would have enough energy to make the trek back to New Dawn in the night and then some. The light was just beginning to fade, but the two would enjoy each other’s company for longer, possibly sharing their stories and of course having their complete fill of the deer they had downed together.

Drin’s first week in the ‘Souls land, though not unearthing any information about the origin of her name, had proven to be successful. She had met acquaintances from all walks of life and a few she could even fondly call friend. She hoped to see Terra again some day, and if the lady had friends in New Dawn, the golden femme was sure another run in would be highly possible. She still was highly curious of the other packs, and decided that maybe she would try to visit the coywolf in the future. Good relations within the pack as well as outside of a pack were always important. The subord wouldn’t mind acting as some sort of liaison for her leaders, she’d mull it over the next few weeks.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]