First Words
[html]

Wentworth Valley

Word Count → 378

"Mine!" Kiara looked up to see Lucia growling angrily at her brother. Kohaku had grabbed ahold of her ragdoll, a simply toy that the young puppy had become extraordinarily fond of. Lucia did everything with the doll and got along better with the doll than she did with her own brother. The two young wolves were always at eachother, they fought continuously and most of their battles ended in a draw. Neither one seemed to be able to dominate the other, and their arguments and playful spirits sometimes drove their mother insane.

The white mother lounged in the shade of the tree, her sapphire eyes kept a watchful gaze on the puppies as they squabbled. Lucia shouted her statement again, and Kohaku growled and babbled in retort. While the mostly white puppy had said her first words several days before, her older brother had yet to speak a word. Kiara shook her head as the two puppies began a tug of war, their small angry growls soon turned into wagging tails as the game began.

Almost in unison, the puppies lost their grips and both went tumbling to the earth. Kohaku shook himself and stood on wobbly legs. His brilliant blue eyes scanned the forest, the bright green no longer an interest to him. Lucia also stood and jumped for her toy and Kohaku briefly turned his head and tried to say something. The words failed him and ended up as a jumbled mess of nothing. Frustrated he strode over to Kiara, his large ears flopping as he walked.

Once the colorful puppy was close enough, Kiara greeted him with a wag of her tail and a shower of licks to his head. Kohaku’s small body rocked underneath her muzzle, happy whines and a wagging tail betrayed his joy. "M…momma!" Overjoyed, Kiara whined as her heart filled with wonder. His first words, such a beautiful word that made her want to sing. "Oh Kohaku. Mommy loves you." With that Kiara grabbed him and sent the young male into giggling laughter. The tiny female’s intrest was peaked as she heard her mother and brother growl as they played. "Me!" Lucia too joined in on the fun and soon the small family was wrestling without a care in the world.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 660 Sorry for the wait, I’m still feeling yucky. Sad Anyway I’m playing within the first week she’s been accepted to New Dawn so being in heat could very well be the reason she acts crazy at first.

Heat was driving the young female crazy. She wanted to stay away from New Dawn territory until she was sure of herself again. Mostly, she wanted to see if her feeling for Jiva were true and vice versa. Would the handsome red wolf still find her appealing once the perfume of her fertility wore off? The tawny gold femme hoped so, she truly felt her feelings for him were genuine, but again, she chose to keep her distance for the other male pack member’s sakes. Her exploring had brought her along the northeastern coastline leading away from New Dawn. She liked scouring the perimeter of the ocean as there was always something interesting to find. The coast also allowed her to catalogue the different types of prints she found in the sand or soft mud. She wasn’t the only large beast roaming around here, and neither were just her pack mates. The coast proved to be a good place to hunt. This she discovered upon finding multiple family groups of hoof prints. Drin imagined running a pack hunt with her new home. Within the traditions of New Dawn, it seemed the hunters were generally male members, but she hoped to someday prove to Zalen that she too could prove to be a deadly weapon in matters of hunting.

The female was lost in her thoughts as her seal point paws carried over the sandy coastline. “Close your eyes Palaydrian and breathe in your surroundings,” the demon wolf Syliat spoke gently to her great granddaughter. The Siamese coated pup did as she was bade, slowly closing her eyes and focusing in on smell alone. Her lilac ears twitched at the sound of leaves rustling and birdsong. “Focus. Block everything out.” The pup gave a small whine in response, but ignored her ears until all else fell away, only smell was left. A burst of red mist appeared on her closed eyelids as if the scent had borne itself an ethereal form. Her face must’ve registered her surprise, “That’s good...keep your eyes closed child and hone in on the scent, make it yours...follow it.” The command was simple enough, but what about the actual performance? The pup breathed in deeply again and in return, the mist became more vivid and tangible. Large paws, meant to be grown into, carried the delicate frame across the earth. The mist was beginning to take shape, a rabbit? The pup sped up her pursuit in excitement and suddenly it was there in her mind’s eye, the rabbit...about 50 yards away. Eyes still closed shut, she sprung forward in hot pursuit not stopping until the red mist became reality on her paws and face. “You can open your eyes now,” Syliat grinned down at the bloodied face of her great granddaughter. Her first successful hunt.

Sound of a scuffle brought the she-wolf out of her daze. A glint of white filled her two toned eyes when a sudden chill ran down her spine which was quickly replaced by the burning flames of hatred. All reason and logical thought fell away when Drin was transported to her last meeting with the white-coated bitch. “Chase her out or kill her if she resists. If she stays, Taro dies.” Palaydrian’s limbs began to shake with rage, she bounded forward through the thicket with a low growl and launched herself into the air. “How did you find me!?” She snarled in the air, but mid leap, the facade fell away. Surprise replaced the murderous rage in her eyes as she quickly tried to roll out of the way. “Watch out!” She cried at the last minute and managed to pounce at the ground next to the white wolf, rolling over herself from the amount of force put into her jump.

<style>
.palayacai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.palayacai p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.palayacai b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.palayacai {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b6oC0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #282e1c; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.palayacai .inner {margin:235px 5px 5px 5px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:255px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

No worries. Get Better.

Word Count → 422

It was two on one. Kohaku and Lucia pounced on their mother and Kiara dramatically rolled to the ground. The young puppies were so excited that their bodies shook as their tails moved quickly from side to side. The colorful male rushed his mother, his small body bounded across the short distance and Kiara opened her jaws to catch him. She easily picked him up and rolled him over, but Kohaku refused to give up. His small paws wraped around her muzzled and he nipped her wet nose. While Kiara had an epic battle with her eldest puppy, Lucia clambered on top of her mother and gave a short howl of triumph.

The scent of a stranger and sound of approaching footsteps alerted the white mother to company. Kiara bolted upright, her white ears swiveled atop her head as she listened carefully. Kohaku, who was not detered by his mother’s sudden movements, tried in vain to continue their game. Lucia on the other hand, was well aware of the change in their mother and looked about the clearning with curious eyes. A low growl alerted Kiara to danger and she immediately stood and pulled back her black lips to reveal a set of ferocious teeth.

Lucia slid off of her mother’s back and quickly took refuged underneath their mother with her Kohaku. Their small bodies flattened against the ground and looked about in frightened silence. Kiara let out a ferocious growl and greeted her unwanted visitor with a high tail. The strange female spouted nonsense and charged. Kiara held her ground, ready to defend her pups. Frightened, the tiny wolves dashed toward the safety of their den. However, the tawny female soon retracted her anger and fell before Kiara in a heap. Kohaku let out a tiny wolfish bark and growled at the much larger luperci from the mouth of the den. The young mother, who was not subdued by her cry, was more then ready to drive the agressor away.

Kiara charged the female, her ferocious fangs snapped at her blackened face and an angry growl erupted from her maw. The snow wolf's white fur stood on end and anger burned in her eyes. Despite her ferocious appearnece, the arctic wolf’s goal was not to main the other, but simply drive off. Her attacks were slow and were not indended to make contact. Even so, the creamy wolf was an intruder on her lands and was a threat to her defenseless puppies. Kiara was not about to let her near them.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 313 I’ve got a gross respiratory infection, sorry for the delay lol!

Palaydrian hit the ground with a muffled “Oof!” Her ears picking up the panicked squeals of the stranger’s offspring and the scurrying of paws to get away. She rolled back up onto her paws to face the charging mother and slowly backed away. In pure defense, her hackles and curled back lips matched the arctic wolf in surprised anger. Drin dodged the females attempts and quickly realized it wasn’t meant to turn into a physical fight but a display of dominance to have her, the intruder back down. If it had been a more malicious attack, Drin would have easily already taken a few blows.

Already embarrassed by her mistake, the tawny gold femme relented and quickly replaced her dominant pose with one far more submissive. Tail tucked between her legs and her ears lowered as she changed her snarl to a pleading whine. The fault was all hers’ and she was willing to admit it. She couldn’t believe she had mistaken this stranger for Kila....the she-wolf who haunted her dreams. Her eyes kept darting to the pups that had retreated to the safety of their den. She whined with the humility of her actions, of the fear she had struck in the two young ones. Her heart was beating fast, but she was ready to take the bite or scratch that was coming to her....after all, she deserved it.

She continued backing away, hoping there was some magic amount of space that would make the white wolf stop her advances. “I apologize for my disrespectful intrusion!” She groveled, ever the upholder of niceties. Another whine escaped her maw. “I thought you were someone else...I mean you and babies no harm,” she looked up in a non challenging way, hoping the blue-eyed wolf would accept her heartfelt apology.

<style>
.palayacai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.palayacai b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.palayacai {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b6oC0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #282e1c; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.palayacai .inner {margin:235px 5px 5px 5px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:255px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 405

The ferocity and intensity of her own attack surprised Kiara. She had changed so much since the birth of her puppies, and the arctic female wasn't sure about how to feel. Before her puppies had been born she was a happy, playful spirit who never showed dominance. Kiara had been a great huntress, but fighting and demanding submission had been impossible for her. Yet, there she was, fighting with the larger tawny female.

The young mother's display of dominance went unchallenged and the stranger quickly backed off and submitted. Her tail tucked between her legs and she whined at Kiara. Sapphire eyes stared suspiciously at the tawny female while Kiara raised her head and tail high. Rage and power filled the young mother and fueled the desire to protect her puppies. The normally submissive wolf had become the Alpha of her small patch of land, and for the first and perhaps last time in her life, she glowed with the aura of a leader.

It took almost no time at all for the stranger to apologize and Kiara relaxed a little. Slowly her heckles lowered and her black lips passed back over her teeth. Growls subsided, but the look of suspicion never left her eyes. Kiara had placed herself firmly between the den and the tawny female. As the white mother calmed down, her mind slowly took over and she began to analyze the female who groveled before her. The female smelled like she was part of a pack, but the scent was confused somehow. Unfortunately, Kiara could not muddle out the strange scent because the tawny wolf smelled strongly of heat and it nearly overpowered everything else.

"Who are you and why have you come here luperci?" By that time, Kiara had simply come to the assumption that everyone she met was a luperci. For the most part, that was true. The female had only knowingly met two who had been uninfected like herself. However, as she spoke the words, a dark shadow crossed her form. Kiara, should by all rights, be a luperci herself. Amy had infected her, however she had never felt the urge to change. A month had passed and Kiara had almost forgotten about her predicament. Why was that? Did it take a long time for the virus to become active? Deep blue orbs started at the female before her and wondered if perhaps the stranger could answer her questions.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

wc: 338

Palaydrian’s mind raced. She was sure she had broken some New Dawn rule by assaulting an innocent let alone scaring little ones. She didn’t know what she was thinking just that the stranger had looked like Kila from afar and suddenly her eyes hazed over red. Kila, the wolf Drin had been friends with since she was a pup due to her birth pack’s good relations with the neighboring packs. Kila’s birth pack was led by uncle and all the pups from three neighboring packs had raised their young together. They developed hunting skills together, learned territory lore together, even enjoyed seasonal celebrations together. Drin was still scarred from the sudden betrayal. A knife stabbed in her back brought on by the powerful magic of heat. And now Drin didn’t know if she could even trust herself in heat...was it the same emotions that drove her to attack a perfect stranger?

Drin remained in her submissive posture, only relaxing when the white femme pulled the reigns in on her own anger brought on by motherly call to protection. In another situation, Drin would’ve admired the female’s tenacity, but currently she was on the end of those vicious teeth. The white wolf’s question caught her by surprise. How could she tell? As far as she knew, non luperci and luperci had no distinguishing scent or tell tale sign to be spotted. “My name is Palaydrian Soul. I am from the New Dawn pack, but I was simply exploring my new surroundings, ” Her surprise must’ve registered on her face, but she replied nonetheless. “It was an honest mistake...I don’t know how else to explain my...uh-actions,” a lame answer, but the youth was in an awkward position.

She dipped her head lower to again apologize for her actions. “To whom do I owe my apologies?” She asked. “And you called me Luperci...” she relaxed again, now sitting back on her haunches to show she meant for a casual exchange. “Do you have a sense for the gift?” She asked, curious if this was an actual ability some had or if she had been missing out on the tell tale signs.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 300

The alabaster female balked when she was told that the stranger was from New Dawn. The young mother wasn't sure how to take the news. Only a few weeks ago had she been told that New Dawn would support her and help her. Yet, a member of that very same pack had just attacked her and her puppies. Kiara's eyes narrowed and her nose tasted the air. The female didn't smell like New Dawn, although it was hard to tell with the heavy musk of heat surrounding her body. The arctic female swished her tail and dismissed the news. Perhaps a new member and she had apologized profusely.

"Kiara Amarok." White ears flicked forward and a small smile crossed her face. She didn't have a gift, but her assumption had been correct. "No gift, just a good guess. I've only met two other's like myself..." Her voice trailed off. She couldn't possibly be a natural born wolf. She had been infected, surely the day of her first shift was just around the corner. Kiara's ears lowered and she sat down heavily in the fresh grass. Sapphire eyes examined the Palaydrin, her questions burned forefront of her mind. "Well, I once was a natural born wolf." Kiara looked aside, she didn't wish to pour her soul out to the tawny female, but she needed answers. "I have a lot of questions and no answers. Can you help me?"

From off in their safe corner of the world, Lucia and Kohaku watched the two female's closely. As their mother relaxed, so did the puppies. Kohaku stopped growling and soon became bored. He wandered further into the den to play with the rag doll and his mother's scarf. Lucia remained crouched at the entrance and repeated some of her mother's words to herself.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 352

The youth let out a breath she didn’t realize she had been holding in when the white femme relaxed her dominant posture with the flick of a tail. The tawny she wolf returned the female’s smile with an easy grin of her own. Kiara, what a pretty name, she thought listening to her new acquaintance's explanation to her previous question. So it wasn’t a gift after all. Palaydrian felt relieved. She wasn’t as sheltered as she thought, well at least to some things. She had a very limited library of thoughts dedicated to Luperci to pull from. The female nodded when Kiara admitted to her non-possession of the virus. Drin was surprised. Every wolf or hybrid she had encountered so far was Luperci. A pang of the past tugged at her heartstrings. Kiara now reminded Drin of her homelands for two reasons.

The tawny wolf realized her admittance was all she’d get. Was Kiara ashamed of not being a Luperci? This confused Drin as she had grown up most of her life wishing she wasn’t one, but perhaps here the thoughts and ideas of wolves were different. The Luperci she had come in contact so far seemed to be obsessed with gaining knowledge of the past, more so human past. They used their two legged forms to construct tools and build things that weren’t natural. The idea disturbed and yet fascinated the young wolf, but she was still unsure of whether or not she wanted to fully embrace her inherited gift.

I can try to fill in the blanks...though I am Luperci, I prefer my natural form the most.” Drin’s eyes drifted over to the two pups hanging out near Kiara’s den. She smiled in their direction, and fought the urge to whine for them to come join them. Heat did strange things to her mind. No way was she ready to start her own family, but the heat had her itching to find a mate. Slow down lady...she mused, and turned her attention back to Kiara.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait

Word Count → 319

Palaydrian relaxed as Kiara did, visibly exhaling as soon as Kiara settled down and reduced her dominant stance. A friendly grin crossed the youth's face as Kiara began to talk. She reacted with the expected surprised reaction when the young mother admitted to her avoidance of the shifter virus. Although she was not entirely used to the reaction, Kiara expected it. She had yet to meet any who weren't surprised, although there were some who acted in more... extreme ways.

Sapphire eyes caught a glimpse of longing in Palaydrian's eyes. The other's multicolored gaze drifted past Kiara to her den. The young mother's ears flicked back and her own sapphire eyes burned. She let out a low warning growl to the stranger, making her intentions very clear. Palaydrian was not to even attempt going near her den or her puppies. Satisfied that her warning had been heard, the young mother settled down again.

The arctic female was extremely reluctant to tell Palaydrian anything. She was afraid of rejection, or worse, acceptance and celebration. Kiara didn't want to celebrate what was taken from her, but she didn't want to be shunned or treated like an outcast either. Both scenarios ran through her mind as the other spoke and Kiara took a deep breath before speaking. "I... I wasn't born a luperci. But about a month ago, some... dog infected me with the virus..." Kiara paused, her whole body was shaking and she felt a surge of emotions that threatened to break her control. It was hard to talk about, the nightmare still very fresh and very real for her.

With a few deep breaths, the white female continued. "I was infected, but... I haven't shifted yet. I haven't felt anything wrong with me. I don't know if that's normal or not. What do you know about those who become infected? How long will I have to wait before the virus takes over?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 4+

The warning growl was all Drin needed to hear to keep her mind focused on Kiara. She gave a soft whine of recognition and acceptance, but from here on out she knew to ignore the pups as if they didn’t even exist. A mother on her guard was not meant to be toyed with. With her full attention focused on the alabaster female, Drin listened to her story unfold. At first it was with some reluctance, but soon the tawny gold female knew why Kiara was holding back. Her story was a tale of pain and suffering. Someone had committed an act of violence against her.

Drin’s heart swelled for the female even though they had just met and it was a very unconventional meeting at that, but the golden femme knew what it felt like to have a injustice forced upon her and she found herself easily relating to Kiara’s tale. Bi-colored eyes softened for the white female who appeared to still be shaken from the event. She moved to comfort her but stopped, Kiara was trying to remain strong and Drin would grant her that dignity.

What to say? Drin’s mind was mush when it came to being Luperci, especially to being infected. Her family didn’t talk about it that much, only Syliat did. What did she tell me? She wracked her brain for an answer before responding. “One can only hope the worst for the canine that attacked you, and again I am sorry for what my intrusion may have brought up memories of,” Drin offered another apology, but she didn’t dwell on this as Kiara had asked her a question.

”However, I was born a Luperci. My great grandmother infected my bloodline by sharing the Luperci virus with her daughter. In turn, my mother was also born Luperci and she passed the gene onto me and my siblings,” Drin winced here, talking about her family was difficult, but she owed that much to the white wolf. “I did not go through my first shift until I was 4 months old. So perhaps the virus needs that time to develop within your body before the change is accepted...when it happened, I felt like I wasn’t comfortable in my own skin. It didn’t hurt, but I felt tingly all over and feverish,” the tawny gold femme gave a little shiver as if remembering it physically. “Nobody in my old pack lands was bitten...the virus only stayed within my family by birth and by blood. I wish I was more knowledgeable on the subject, but that’s all I have.

Table Credit to Cait and Code Credit to Mel <3.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#plyarin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#plyarin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#plyarin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#plyarin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:95%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PsPWu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 103px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 281

As Kiara had expected, Palaydrian was quick to accept her warning and follow it. The tawny female let out a small whine and Kiara relaxed again. She was a new mother and her paranoid mind followed the commands of her instincts. The white wolf wouldn't let any adult canine into her den, especially not coyotes. Her last encounter with a coyote had ended disastrously, although Kiara was certain the coyote had not survived past her brutal beating. Even so, she had refrained from dealing the killing blow. Kiara was a hunter and a mother, not a killer.

It took every ounce of her willpower to regain control and to stop her body and mind from being overwhelmed by emotion. Pain, loss, suffering, sadness were strong and powerful emotions. It was only by her great concentration that she was able to hang onto her dignity. She listened to Palaydrian's sympathetic words and apology with gratitude. "No, its alright. I needed to ask someone." Truthfully, Kiara felt a little better. It was like a great weight had been lifted off of her shoulders and relief replaced the burden.

Kiara listened carefully as the female spoke and hung onto her every word. Despair threatened to take over as Palaydrian spoke. The young mother would still have to wait? She wasn't out of danger, but simply in the beginning of her transformation period. Her voice shook as she spoke, reaviling the young mother's distress. "Four months... That's..." Hearing that the transformation wouldn't hurt was a small relief, but did little to ease the tension in Kiara's mind. She didn't want to shift, to become a luperci. Softly she spoke, "Isn't there anything I can do?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Squee new table!!

Word Count → 300+

Palaydrian watched the emotions play over the alabaster female’s face. Was she telling her the wrong information? Kiara seemed to be distressed and upset with the facts Drin spilled about her own changeling months. The golden girl could hardly imagine what this new acquaintance had gone through. Had she been so disillusioned in thinking that violence and evil somehow did not exist here? There was darkness everywhere, a sad fact the fae with stockings had to face. Kilas exist here...and probably others much worse, she thought to herself as her stomach clenched.

Drin’s ocean eyes studied the open candor of Kiara’s feelings. This wolf must’ve been terrified for what was to come. The bicolored wolf couldn’t blame her. She couldn’t imaged getting bitten and then having to figure out what the hell was going on with her body a few months later. Especially if she had to face the transformation alone. Drin had the privilege of being surrounded by three generations of females in her family that knew what the change was like and what exactly to say when she had panicked as a young pup.

The young Soul didn’t know Kiara that well or her life story, but a part of her felt responsible for being there for her when the time came. She shook her seal pointed head, “Luperci is called a virus for a reason. As far as I know, there is no cure for it, once bitten...you’ll forever be a carrier of the mutation,” she said with a resolute tone. There wasn’t a way to soften the blow. “I’m sorry Kiara. My great grandmother calls Luperci a gift...and I suppose in some cases it is. Though the way you forcibly received the gene is a far cry from what it should have been. If you’d like, I can be with you when you shift...to offer peace of mind and to talk you through it,” she offered.

Table credit goes to Raze! <3.

<style>
.drinwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mpbJy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c8b284; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:415px 0px 5px 0px; color:#6e6249; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.drinwolf b {color:#9ff1c5; text-shadow:#6e6249 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinwolf p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.drinwolf p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.drinwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #fff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Oh the irony. When will Kiara figure out immune?

Word Count → 302

What had started as an adverse meeting, had turned into an invaluable information session. Kiara knew little to nothing of the luperci virus and she had never asked any of her other friends about what happens to those who had been infected as opposed to born with the virus. She didn't know about the change or how it came about. All she knew was that it happened and that those who could change acted differently from her and knew different things. Kiara knew that change was important. Change brought about the seasons and let one grow older and wiser. However, becoming a luperci was not how she wanted to change and she rejected the idea thoroughly.

The arctic wolf's desperate plea was met with a kind, but blunt truth. There was nothing she could do. She would change and that was that. She would have to accept that fact and move on. The only blessing she had was that for next four months she could live her life normally and she would not give the virus to her puppies. Solemnly she nodded, not daring to speak for fear of loosing control again. Palaydrian's gentle words and sympathy helped soften the mental blow Kiara suffered from. Hope swelled in her breast as Palaydrian offered to help her through her first shift. Her voice came out as a shaky whisper. "Th... thank you. That... means so much to me."

One of the worst things Kiara thought she would have to go through was shifting alone. However, the other female's generous offer was exactly what the young mother needed. To have someone help her through such a horrible time in her life and walk her through the new world. Kiara was expecting to become a puppy again, wide eyed and scared of her new life.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Poor dear!

Word Count → 400+

Palaydrian could not stop thinking about the canine that had attacked Kiara. How could humanity allow such a thing to happen? Occasional fights for dominance or land occurred in the natural wolf world all the time, but maliciously attacking someone with the purpose of infecting them was unheard of. Drin shivered with the thought. She had purposely not told Kiara that a non-blood first shift was probably more painful than what hers’ had been, but she didn’t want to overburden the young mother with anymore bad news. The tawny femme remembered asking her grandmother what it was like, as Fawn had not carried the gene from her natural birth mother, and Syliat had ended up biting her when she was still a pup.

It felt like fire in my veins and then all over my body, but I had asked Syliat to curse me. I had wanted to be like her even though she told me it would be a great suffering,” a wide eyed pup stared up at her grandmother completely engrossed in the fact that her shifting was so natural compared to Fawn’s. “The burning continued for days like an unbreaking fever and still I did not change. At one point I begged Syliat to take my life as the pain was becoming unbearable, but that was hours before I slipped into an unconscious state and when I awoke, I was looking down at my new form.” A young Drin gasped in excitement before her grandmother could go on. “The shifting became easier after that first nightmare, but never without some pain and I occasionally feel sick after its all said and done, but...” the golden wolf crouched down lower over her grandchildren, “It was worth it!” she whispered with glee as the pups scurried off to get ready for bed.

It was a memory the young Soul would treasure, but at the moment, Kiara didn’t need to know how much she would suffer once the virus took hold. She would be there nonetheless, assuring her and offering her words of encouragement, all the while ready to talk the she-wolf down from any crazed suggestions of taking her own life. “Of course,” the golden fae nodded, “it’s the least I can do, and nobody should be alone for their first shift.” Her smiled at the white wolf. “But let’s talk of something else, a less heavier subject. How did you come to these lands Kiara, and are you without a pack?” The young wolf asked, her new acquaintance looked like she needed something else to occupy her mind for the time being.

<style>
.drinwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mpbJy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c8b284; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:415px 0px 5px 0px; color:#6e6249; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.drinwolf b {color:#9ff1c5; text-shadow:#6e6249 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #fff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 302

The knowledge that she would remain unshifted for the next few months lifted a weight off her chest. She could be herself, at least for a little while longer. However, a new weight attached itself to the back of her mind. She wasn't going to be herself forever. Eventually, the virus would take hold of her and the arctic female would be forced to change. Kiara was relieved to hear that the shift didn't hurt. She had known some luperci that shifted uneasily and many times it sounded incredibly painful. According to Palaydrian, there was no pain so perhaps it just sounded that way.

The scarred female was relieved when the subject changed from shifting to her situation. Even if the thought of her former pack was painful, the subject seemed downright cheery compared to her being infected. "I have been here for over half a year, although I originally came from the arctic. My birth pack was rather secluded and for a long time I believed that luperci were just a myth. As for my current pack, I have none. These lands... they used to be the home of Ichika no Ho-en, but not anymore. Ichika is gone, and I am without a pack."

Kiara smiled sadly, her memories of Ichika a combination of good and bad. The first few months she had been there were like a blessing, but by the end she had been practically secluded from the rest of the pack. Although some stragglers had stayed behind, including her friend X'yrin, they too had eventually left. Even so, Kiara wasn't alone anymore. She had her puppies, both bright and healthy. She also had Tharin, and she valued her relationship with him more than anything else. He was an important part of her life and provided safety, comfort, and company to her young family.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Congrats on joining! Smile

Word Count → 300+

Palay was finding that she and Kiara shared a few similarities and this finding comforted the golden femme. She thought she was the only sheltered wolf in these parts, but the arctic wolf had come from a place that had not moved on with the world just yet. Hmm, I too hail from birth lands untouched by the Luperci virus and belonged to a pack that was completely ignorant of the long gone human presence that once marred these lands, she replied and looked to the young mother with tender eyes. I am sorry to hear of your old pack, so much hardship has been carried upon your shoulders, a soft whine escaped her lips.

Living alone and with your young ones must be so hard, she explained, I may be completely out of line, but the pack I have recently joined, New Dawn...they seem very accepting and I’m sure you could find a home with us. At least to have a community to protect your children from that animal that attacked you, Drin reasoned, hoping her suggestion wasn’t too forward. The golden girl couldn’t imagine living alone again. Her journey to ‘Souls had been hard enough on her own, but having to take care of two extra mouths and ensure their safety, seemed like an incredibly hard task to take on.

How did Ichika disband? Was this pack involved in the war I have heard of? She asked, as her knowledge of the surrounding packs was still very limited. Drin felt immense sorrow for the wolf she was beginning to grow fond of. She almost felt like she had a responsibility to protect her and not just because she had falsely accused her of being someone else and had attacked her out of error. No, this white lady had been the victim to such horrible things and Drin wanted to write the wrongs and ease her pain out of friendship and out of her caring heart.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Thanks ^_^

Word Count → 336

Palaydrian expressed her grievances for the loss of Kiara's pack and her unfortunate situation, an act that only endeared the artic female to the creamy female. Kiara could feel herself relaxing and actually beginning to enjoy the other's presence. What had started as a fight was heading towards a fast friendship. The two wolves seemed to have many things in common and Palaydrian had offered to help Kiara through what she was sure would be a the second worst time in her life. There was only one incident that could be worse than the arctic wolf's first shift, and that was the loss of her youngest puppy.

"Even though my pack is gone and I have been forcefully infected, I can't say that I am unhappy. I have my puppies, who are my heart. They bring me so much joy. I also have friends who are helping me feed the puppies. I just hope that once I shift, these small miracles will stay." The snowy female's thought strayed to Tharin, which made her sad smile disappear as the good memories replaced the bad.

Surprise spread over Kiara as Palaydrian offered her New Dawn's protection and a place to call home among the feral pack. With a quick, but hearty laugh Kiara answered, "You are the third wolf from New Dawn to offer me a place at New Dawn." The alabaster female shook her head lightly as her mood brightened exponentially. "Unfortunately, I have to turn you down as well. Kohaku and Lucia are too young to move. When they pass their second moon, I hope that I can move them to a safer area. I'm just glad that I have many friends in New Dawn."

The conversation drifted back toward Ichika and its disbandment. Kiara cocked her head to the side when the tawny female mentioned a war. "War? I haven't hear of any war? I don't really know why Ichika disbanded, but it had nothing to do with a war. The pack just fell apart."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Feel free to wrap this thread up if you’d like. Smile We’ll definitely need one in New Dawn soon!

Word Count → 400+

As Kiara spoke of her children, the stirrings of heat began again in Palaydrian. The thought of having her own pups, while usually the last thing on her mind, seemed to consume her thoughts with desire and wanting. This confused and puzzled the young girl, but she couldn’t help but feel the camaraderie of womanhood bonding her to the white wolf. She suddenly longed for the days of rearing her own children, or perhaps it was the ingrained motherly instincts of females that was being awakened by the flare of heat. Whatever it was, a half of her needed to breed while the other half screamed a deafening “no”.

Drin could see how the small family could keep one happy and satisfied. That’s truly what a wolf needed, just the community and companionship of others. Perhaps living alone wasn’t as bad as she thought it was as long as you had your loved ones around you, but she was aware that if Kiara could, she would seek a pack...safety in numbers applied to most creatures. Drin’s tail began to wag, the happiness radiating off of the white femme was almost tangible. I don’t think you’ll have to worry about your pups leaving you, you seem to be a great mother Kiara...any pup would be fortunate to have you as a mom, she said with a smile. Her heart temporarily ached for her own, but somehow she knew her family was doing just fine.

Surprised mingled with amusement registered on the young Soul’s face when Kiara revealed that she wasn’t the first to extend an offer of finding a homeland within New Dawn. This pleased the wolf as she knew that her pack cared for those who weren’t even within the family. An extension of friendship loyalty still reached well beyond her pack’s borders. Drin’s smile deepened, she hoped to contribute to the care given to the young mother.

Ah, I’ve only heard whisperings of pack disputes, but I don’t have any pack names to offer to these rumors. I’m sorry for the disbandment nonetheless, but I hope you can count me as a friend from New Dawn as well! She confessed with a wagging tail. Rising off the ground and stretching out her legs, I’m starving, how about I catch us some lunch? She asked, wanting to repay Kiara for her previous actions in full by “breaking bread” with her in the afternoon light.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

PP approved

Word Count → 261

The new mother's pride swelled and her chest grew warm as Palaydrian said the most wonderful and perfect thing in the world. For her, to be told that she was a good mother was a great relief. It was something Kiara hadn't really ever heard and there were times where she feared that she was doing something horribly wrong. To hear from a stranger that she was doing a great job took a great load off of her shoulders and sealed her opinion of the tawny female. Kiara's smile widened and she positively glowed. "Thank you."

Playdrian and Kiara had become fast friends, and the previous tense atmosphere was completely gone. Although the tawny female seemed to be a little uncomfortable, Kiara attributed that to her being in heat. "Thank you so much. I'm glad that I have someone to count on." After their long talk, even Kiara was feeling a little stiff. The puppies had quieted down and were probably asleep. Palaydrian stretched out and the arctic mother took the opportunity to shake herself gently.

White ears twitched high at the kind offer of food. Kiara's tail began to wag quickly and she nodded her head eagerly. As a single mother, she would get food whenever and however she could. "That would be amazing. I would love to eat with you. You are so kind." Palaydrian took off and came back a while later with a feast for the adults. Both wolves ate their fill and when Palaydrian left to return home, Kiara shared what was left with her puppies.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
end