the stars sing to me.
[html]

(000)

ems is by nat.

ooc; i has permission to visit jiva from nat. :3

It had been a week or so since her chance meeting with the bi-colored wolf from new dawn, and since then he had been her thoughts periodically. It wasn't love, no, but something younger and sweeter, it might have been the blossoming of something between the two of them - this she could not be sure of. It had taken some prompting from herself to start travelling in the early morning so she would make it there while it was still daylight. The coywolf could smell nothing of the other packs this far north, but she could smell the scent of many wolves near her, so she new it was close. The constant sprinting had worn her out, but she was almost there. Slowing her pace down to a quick trot she bounded over the mossy forest grounds, ears ever alert to the possible sounds of approaching canines.

Save for a few deer and other animals, she hadn't seen a single soul and this she was glad for. Seeing as she was just heading for a visit she hadn't really brought anything on this trip because she preffered to travel in secui form. The woman prepared to jump over an upcoming log and sailed over it, landing on the spongy ground on the other side, slowing from her trot to a walk as she panted. The musky smell of scent marking floated through the air and into her nostrils as she slowed to a stop, inhaling deeply. Clearly she was quite near their borders if she could smell it that easily. Instead of going any further, the coyolf female sat down with alert ears and looked around her with wide eyes, taking in the beautiful, natural surroundings.

Several moments went by, completley silent save for the sounds of songbirds chirping in the trees. The early afternoon sun filtered through the trees and left warm dapples on the ground, adding to the beauty of the surrounding areas. Raising her maw to the sky she let out a wolfish howl, finishing it off with a few yips letting New Dawn know of her presence. Her howl clearly called Jiva, but she was sure others would come to see the stranger who had come to visit.

<style>
#ithielSie {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 461 OOC: He worries just like his daddy, can skim cause he's just being a worrywart lol. EDIT: Jiva is in Lupus form.

Jiva was not under the influence of Pala’s scent any longer and the power of what was happening with him was beginning to rest heavy on his shoulders. He had been flirting with two women and both of them he seemed to like, well he knew one wasn’t under the influence of her heat, but hte other, he could be himself around, though he was trying to impress her for much of the time, and doing his best to stay calm and keep his head as he showed his packmate around. She had been great company, but Emma, she was just as nice, and he felt he could be himself around her as well albeit she was a coyote. They were both fine females. Both were lovely inside and out and he didn’t know what to thing. In fact he had known each of them just as long as the other. Sighing he moved out of the den at a slow pace. His morning had been quite dull which made for his thoughts to come at him full force. He hated it. So when he heard the call he couldn’t help but want to run away, but a thought came to him. How would he know who he truly liked, if he didn’t get to know them better? He knew he had fun with both Pala and Emma, and Emma had introduced him to the healing arts, but there had to be more about them right? He didn’t want to hurt either woman, but he knew he couldn’t have both. Taking a deep breath he moved forward. What if neither of them really liked him? He thought as he moved closer to the call and the border.... well if Emma didn’t like him then why was she calling him? He thought. It was a good point and he would keep that in mind. Maybe Pala’s fondness of Jiva was entirely because of her heat? What if she just wanted him for his body to make pups, like any wolf was suppose to? That thought hurt him, but he had to refuse it. There had to be something more. Maybe it was just too soon to tell. He liked them both. There had been a fire somewhere deep within him. So how can he have a fire for two females?

Jiva made it to the borders and there in the same form he had met her in was the beautiful blonde woman. He couldn’t help but smile and come closer.

“Hello Emmanuelle, what brings you this far north?”

He said, almost as though nothing else happened between him and Pala. He knew exactly who she was here for of course, though her intentions were still questionable.

ONE LAST KISS, BEFORE I GO. DRY YOUR TEARS, IT IS TIME TO LET YOU GO

Image courtesy of Ed Gaillard

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

OOC

Zalen's silly...
WC +4

http://i.imgur.com/X61K1.png);width:500px;height:150px;border:1px solid black;">

He did not recognize the call, but he recognized who the call was for, so the Alpha did nothing more but raise his head to watch Jiva exit the den before lying it back on his paws. He knew that many of his members had friends outside of New Dawn, and he was alright with that, but after a moment, the lilt in the voice began to gnaw at him. It was those yips, those yips at the end of the howl. They were not a sound a wolf would make, though the howl said otherwise, but they had both come from the same canine. Zalen could handle the curiosity no longer, and so he got to his feet and trotted out of the den.

His lope was casual, for he truly was in no hurry; the call had been friendly, cordial, and so Zalen did not worry for Jiva’s safety. In fact, the sable Alpha knew that the young Takekuro was beginning to come into his own, and had even made friends with the newest member. But how could one not make friends with her? She was beautiful, fertile, and friendly. Perhaps this caller was the same.

Soon, Jiva’s scent became stronger and so did another, one that made Zalen’s eyes widen; Inferni. He had not smelled that in a while, but he would recognize it anywhere; his pace quickened. And then, there they were, the young wolf dog Jiva and a young female coyote. Zalen did not hesitate to walk right up to the pair, passing Jiva completely and coming right up to the female. She was definitely of Inferni, and had obviously traveled from there to here. The large, ebony Alpha sniffed the girl all over, his body stiff in a dominant stance. Where at one time he might have threatened her and chased her off, now he was more curious as to why she was here. As far as he knew, Vesper was still the Beta of Inferni, and therefore, he was not worried about the appearance of their members. But it was a very, very rare occurrence, in fact, only Vesper and Myrika had been to New Dawn as far as he knew.

As soon as he had received all the olfactory information from the girl that he could, he sneezed out her scent and turned to look at Jiva curiously, why had she called him?

[/html]
[html]

(000)

ems is by nat.

Her call was answered almost immediatly, and for this she was happy. Her heart swelled with joy at the sight of Jiva, and a silly smile broke out across her face as her tail wagged behind her. As soon as he was past the borders she stood up and sprinted towards him, her back end wiggling so hard it impaired her walking. Because she was in secui, she was just a little bit shorter then the wolf in front of her, and this is why she had chosen this particular form for this visit. If another wolf came to the borders as well, they would have a hard time telling just how coyote she was since she was filled out and larger. In her optime and lupus form her coyote heritage was obvious through her delicate muzzle and large ears.

As she reached him she stopped abruptly, not sure how to proceed. Hesitantly she reached forward and quickly nuzzled his neck, stepping back when she was done. Her ears perked at his words and she smiled sunnily at him, tail wagging all the while. " Well... I was thinking last night that I'd really like to see you again... " She started, suddenly unsure. Did he not want her here? " So I left Inferni to come here early this morning.. If you want me to leave I can. " The youth finished, looking at him. How would this proceed?

Almost immediately after the words had left her mouth a strange dark male approached the pair and sniffed Emma up and down, acting extremely dominant. Coyote's did not practice the same structure as wolf packs did, therefore Emma's receiving stance through all of this did not change either way, she was completely out of the loop on how to act. All she could do was stare at the male, though the instant his candy green apple eyes met her own bi-colored gaze she looked away, having enough sense to do that. Instead, she focused on Jiva. This was the alpha of the pack she supposed?

<style>
#ithielSie {
}
#ithielSie p {
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC / +279

“No I don’t-”

He was cut off by Zalen who went right past him without a word and then started sniffing Emmanuelle up and down. Jiva’s heart went to his throat. He didn’t know exactly how his leader too to her kind. It seemed that he was more curious in a dominating kind of way, he looked to Emma and then rolled over onto his back for a second before Zalen looked his way. Jiva looked down but he knew the man was asking with his eyes, who she was.

“If I may introduce Emmanuelle. She is a new friend of mine. Emma, this is Zalen Damaichu, the alpha of New Dawn.”

He said, he hoped she had understood what he had done, it was a submissive act towards a leader of a wolf pack, and he knew Zalen took it upon himself to deal better with tradition than anything else. He didn’t know how well the man would react to a coyote and he didn’t know their own customs. Things were tense enough as it was for Jiva and now... Zalen had come, though he wouldn’t say to make things worse for him.

“It seems she’s come to visit me. I hope you don’t mind.

He said. The entire time he looked down at the ground, the back of his neck entirely exposed to the man. He hoped he wasn’t in trouble and though it looked like he was sulking, at least to the woman near him, he wasn’t. He was showing Zalen who was boss, for that was how things worked in a wolf pack.

table by Nat

<style type="text/css">
.free-05 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c9dbea; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #e1f8aa; }
.free-05 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.free-05 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zP0yH.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #7cd57a; padding: 300px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Arial; font-size:14px; color:#7cd57a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.free-05 p {text-indent:25px; }
.free-05 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.free-05 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC

OOC
WC +1

http://i.imgur.com/X61K1.png);width:500px;height:150px;border:1px solid black;">

The girl was stiff at his prodding, and unresponsive to his stance. Typical coyote behavior, so he was not too put off by it. He did notice the glance she threw at Jiva, and when Zalen turned to look at him the wolf-dog quickly explained her appearance. It seemed her name was Emmanuelle, and that she was a new friend of Jiva’s come to visit. Zalen lifted his head and looked at the girl coolly, and then to Jiva. How interesting, a New Dawner friends with an Infernian? Then again, it was not something he could disbelieve, he himself had a friend amongst the coyotes of the south clan after all.

Zalen relaxed then a bit and turned to Emmanuelle, "A pleasure to meet you. I apologize for my sudden appearance, you must understand we don’t get many of your kind here." He gave a soft smile and wagged his tail slowly. This girl, now that he looked at her closely, was not full coyote; the wolf in her was subtle, but it was amplified by her form. She was a delicate and beautiful thing, and Zalen could see why Jiva had chosen her as a friend.

Walking towards Jiva then, but stopping half way and sitting down, "I will let you two alone in a moment, but tell me Emmanuelle, how fairs Inferni? How is Vesper? She is a friend of mine". He hoped his admission of this might put her at ease, if she was at all unnerved by his previous actions.

[/html]
[html]

WC:: 671 Okay I’m playing as if a week and a half have passed since Drin joined. Let the awkward love triangle begi!

New Dawn meant the world to Palaydrian. It was her world now that she had no immediate family to call her own or to unload on after a long day. The tawny gold femme had spent her first week and a half exploring all of the surrounding territories within a day’s travel and had a met a few new faces.Most of the strangers belonged to other packs or flew no banner behind their name, but she was convinced that it was fate she had found New Dawn first and now called its borders her home. She took off to adventure mostly because of the heat cycle that plagued her when she first arrived and for the discomfort she knew she caused to her male pack brothers, but the true reason was to track down her “Soul” roots. While she was away she thought of her first day of meeting Jiva often. Never had her heart pounded so hard or her blood burned for another wolf. She wanted to make sure it wasn’t just the heat, and now that her second cycle had come to an end, she was positive it wasn’t. Something about his eyes had grabbed her from the moment they had awkwardly introduced themselves and she knew she was a goner.

It was mid afternoon when Drin had finally made it back to her home after her three day hiatus. She had bad run in with a rabbit trap and a white wolf who would also later come to haunt her thoughts. Traveling home had been difficult in lupine form so she had been forced to walk home on two legs. Her right wrist was on the mend and bandaged, but it still hurt to put weight on it. Back in lupine form and in her own lands, she dealt with the awkward limp mostly because she was still self conscious about her optime form. She knew she’d have some answering to do if she ran into her pack mates, and figured she’d see the pack healer who had tended to her neck when she had first arrived, but a howl coming from the border grabbed her attention, especially because it was for Jiva. Her heart fluttered at the chance of seeing him again, and she figured it was just another pack member calling for him so she made her way towards the source.

Her pace was labored and before she reached her destination, her eyes stole a glimpse of something she hadn’t wanted to see. In the background she could see Zalen approaching Jiva and coywolf she wasn’t familiar with...the coywolf who affectionately nuzzled the wolf her heart was tangled with. It could be nothing. She told herself, swallowing the whine that was building in her throat. Had he forgotten her already? Or maybe he had already met this girl? Her mind was racing, but she knew to watch from afar made her nothing but a spy, and the word felt dirty in her mind. Their conversations and her alpha’s displayed dominance slipped through her head and only one thing remained, Emma. Walk.

Drin slowly made her towards the trio away from the safety of the woodlands. She swallowed the taste of bile and fearful butterflies rising in her throat and put on her best cordial smile she could manage. “It is a pleasure to see you again Zalen,” the tawny gold femme lowered her tail and posture in submission to her alpha before sitting back on her haunches to take the weight off her right paw. “My clumsiness has caught up with me again Jiva,” she turned her swimming eyes to the red-furred wolf, but blinked away the moisture before continuing. “I’m afraid it has made me late for introductions to your friend,” she said finally turning her well-masked friendly gaze towards the newcomer. “My name is Palaydrian Soul,” she offered, the lamb to slaughter.

<style>
.palayacai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.palayacai p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.palayacai b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.palayacai {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b6oC0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #282e1c; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.palayacai .inner {margin:235px 5px 5px 5px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:255px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(611)

ems is by nat.

She was slightly surprised at Jiva's actions and words, but soon followed suit in dipping her stance slightly, wondering what kind of tom foolery this was. Whatever it was, she was near Zalen's border and pack, and would act whatever way he wished her too. It was clear that he was a powerful male, and it seemed fitting that he lead the New Dawn pack. Her gaze drifted between them, and the too the treetops above them. This territory was so beautiful, pristine and wild. No wonder the dark male has laid his claim to these lands, it would be a privilege to reside here. For a slight moment she was jealous, but she knew within her heart Inferni was home. Weather that would change in the future remained to be seen. Idly she wondered if Zalen would let a coyote into a wolf dominated pack, had it been done since it's inception? She could only wonder.

Zalen introduced himself and questioned Inferni, and a darkened expression crossed over her features. " Inferni is not well at the moment I am afraid. I am unsure of how Vesper is doing since the attacks, though if there is another wave I will be able to inform you better. Soon I will be the clans healer, and I've been busy with healing members and fighting myself through these difficult times. " A long pause and a sigh followed her words, the scars that adorned her chest, back and left thigh were all testament to her words, and they tingled at the memories running wildly through her mind. " We have been attacked, multiple times. We know that these wolves, these Boreas wolves.. They want to exterminate my kind. " She said, her words blunt and somewhat angry. It was somewhat awkward that the very kind wanting to brutally murder all of her kin was sitting next to her, but she tried to push those thoughts away from her. Not all wolves disliked coyotes.

A shudder rolled through her body as she remember her fingers entwined through the wolf's hair that she killed, his blood splattered all over her body and his limp corpse. It would be something she wished she could forget quickly, but the moment she killed him was still fresh in her mind as if it happened yesterday. Weather she would share these details with Zalen and Jiva remained to be seen. " I repaid their cruelty in full. " Came her dark words re-affirmed with a slight nod of her head. Her words were quiet, and almost a whisper, but if the males in front of her had keen ears they would hear them and take from that what the could. Her attention was diverted by a female edging towards the trio, and her dark expression lifted in front of the new wolf. It would not do well to ruin first impressions with a situation as trying as the one she came from. A cordial nod was offered to the strange female, her eyes focused on the siamese-colored fae, scrutinizing the way she looked at Jiva.

Friend. She wanted to spit the word at the females feet, but her expression remained blank in the face of the stranger. If Jiva thought her a friend, then she would be out of luck. Obviously Emma liked the russet-hued wolf more then a friend, but with the way their last meeting had turned she wondered what he thought of her. Her bi-colored eyes turned back to Jiva, gaze thoughtful and questioning. What would he say now? Was she a friend and nothing more? Her bushy tail flicked behind her idly, mulling the situation over. Just who was this Palaydrian Soul?

<style>
#ithielSie {
}
#ithielSie p {
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 323 OOC:

If he didn’t think things were awkward now.... well it was going to get stranger. He listened to his alpha, and the response that he got from the woman visiting. His heart sank. He didn’t know things had been that bad for them over there. The wolves that were attacking Inferni wanted to exterminate coyotes? Why? Jiva frowned, no wonder the woman had taken such offense to his comment about what his dad had said. He felt bad for even mentioning it even if it was just to prove he didn’t care what others thought, he wasn’t going to let other’s judgment get the better of him. He had no say in this matter though. He would let the alpha do what he needed. This was an answer for Zalen. Jiva would have said something, but at around that moment was when Palaydrin came and his heart stopped. He saw that she was hurt and he gave her a worried look.

“Are you ok? Do you need someone to look at it?”

He asked, moving closer to get a look. Then remembered Emmanuelle as Palaydrian spoke of friends introductions. Jiva gave a smile, albait a nervous one and spoke.

“This is Emmanuelle, we had a chance meeting not too long ago. She’s come to visit.”

He said, he really figured that was what she was there for, though wasn’t sure exactly what for, but he would hopefully find out soon enough. He couldn’t believe how much of an interest it brought for one coyote woman to be at the borders, but he was just glad Zalen accepted her as a friend. He didn’t know how he felt about Emma, he knew he liked her and he was quite taken by her, but he also knew he was very taken by Pala, and he was sure he couldn’t blame her heat cycle for that either.

ONE LAST KISS, BEFORE I GO. DRY YOUR TEARS, IT IS TIME TO LET YOU GO

Image courtesy of Ed Gaillard

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

OOC

OOC
WC +4

Zalen saw the coyote femme’s demeanor change immediately, and he instantly knew something was wrong, even before she spoke. But her words were dire, and the Alpha’s face darkened under the weight of them. Inferni was under attack it seemed, but wolves calling themselves the Boreas, and from what Emmanuelle was saying, their purpose was nothing less then eradication of all coyotes Zalen. Heart sank into his stomach like a rock and his blood ran cold. In his youth, he would not have had any quarrel with the genocide of the coyotes, but now he was deeply disturbed by it. Coyotes, dogs, and wolves, they all had their places within nature, and if one was removed the others would surely feel the consequences. Zalen could not imagine the hate driving the Boreas to attack Inferni, but it must be a strong hate, and that worried the black male deeply.

Zalen let out a labored and gruff sigh after she was finished speaking. He noted the tremble in her voice, no matter how subtle, when she spoke her last words. It seemed the young girl had killed in defense of her clan, and that was admirable, but it had shaken her. "This troubles me. Tell Vesper that I know of Inferni’s strife and send my sympathies." He stopped short of lending aid, for he felt it was not appropriate or necessary. Inferni was strong, much larger than New Dawn, and most likely better equip for battle then they; there was not much Zalen could do to help.

The sable Alpha was about to let the two be when a fourth joined them, this being the visage of the young female and newest Dawner, Palaydrian. Zalen immediately noticed her fatigued visage and injured wrist; her limp was obvious. He immediately moved towards her, as did Jiva, and the Alpha’s eyes flicked over to the lad. His concern was tangible, and somewhat unexpected, and Zalen had to suppress a smirk.

His olive eyes traveled to the slightly swollen joint, and knew immediately that it was not a serious injury, just a slight sprain if anything, still he looked up at the sweet girl, "Palaydrian, do you need aid?" he said in a soft voice. The girl was quite stunning to Zalen, and he felt fond of her already, but in a fatherly way rather than a romantic one, though he could not deny her attraction in that regard as well. His question though seemed to fall on deaf ears momentarily, and the ebony leader noted the look in her eyes as she looked between Jiva and the coyote. This caused Zalen to also look between the three younger canines. Oh goodness, what a tangled web was being weaved.

[/html]
[html]

WC:: 4+ The drama!

Palaydrian was unfamiliar with pack wars. She came from an area whose packs shared hunting grounds, meeting rocks, and often had inter matings between clans to strengthen their brotherhood. Violence was not something she was accustomed to, though there were obviously darker characters in her world. But to hear about wolves attacking a clan simply because of their blood made Drin’s stomach flip. How could any canine so selfishly murder their brethren in cold blood? Syliat had been racist against coyotes and red furred mexican wolves, but the demoness never forced her thoughts or ideals on her family members. In fact, Drin only knew about this minor flaw in her meemaw’s character because she had overheard her mother talking about it when she was younger. At the time Drin had no idea what a “yote” was, but as she grew up she understood that wolves were the only canines to walk the earth.

Words of war in Inferni lit up her seal point ears before she had emerged from the cover of the thicket, she had a feeling the coywolf was a force to be reckoned with, especially when she answered Zalen with a dark response. This was something Drin would remember if they were to ever meet again...a darkness that Kila carried and spilled out like oil in water over her. Zalen offered his condolences and what sounded like a promise of New Dawn’s help if need be and then the tri-stocking femme made her approach.

The golden femme could see she was matched in keeping up appearances as well as Emma offered her cordial nod. Jumping to conclusions will get you nowhere, she reminded herself before Jiva interrupted her thoughts. So Jiva was familiar with her, and they must have hit it off if she was already visiting him, but the femme forced her mind to keep her emotions light. She couldn’t be mad that Jiva was out meeting others...he didn’t belong to anybody. But why was she beginning to feel the poison tendrils of jealousy?

Both Zalen and Jiva turned their concern to her wrist. Her sea bicolored eyes softened as she held her Alpha’s and then Jiva’s gaze. “You two gentlemen are too much!” She teasingly protested, but smiled nonetheless. “It was a stupid accident,” she turned her attention to Emma to include the girl in the conversation, Drin may have her questions, but she wasn’t a rude girl. “My nose and overwhelming hunger led me to a rabbit trap a few days ago, which in turn snared me instead,” she laughed at her folly, trying to make light of the situation. “Trust me, it looked much worse earlier. I think I just need a good bandage and I’ll be good to go,” she offered to the males hoping they wouldn’t fuss over her anymore than they already were.

<style>
.palayacai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.palayacai p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.palayacai b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.palayacai {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b6oC0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #282e1c; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.palayacai .inner {margin:235px 5px 5px 5px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:255px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(455)

Jiva was apparently too drawn up in the appearence of the two others to really pay attention to the coyote woman before him and she had to stifle a snort as he moved closer to the seal-pointed wolf. A frown almost registered on her face as attention was sifted away from her, and she cleared it with an innocent look, grumbling to herself on the inside. Her own attentions were diverted from Jiva momentarily as his dark Alpha spoke, and she nodded in response to her words, mind being brought to the horrors the war had taken on them. She wasn't sure of how the others had fared, but her own mind as damaged, as her body. Subconsciously she raised a paw and ruffled the fur where her scars peeked out, trying to make them less noticeable.

It may have been vanity, but she honestly was insecure about her scars. They were new to her, and she didn't feel proud of them yet. They were testaments that she hadn't come out on top, that others had bested her, and these particular scars made her recall the terror that had wracked her youthful form as she had been hidden in the bushes, trying to hide from the very first Boreas attack that she had ever been a part of. That particular attack hadn't been fair, she had been beaten brutally and it shamed her to think of how weak she used to be. Used to be. Now, things were different. Now she could defend herself, and cause damage. Hadn't she taken one of the boreas's heads as her own?

The males concern for the other female struck a chord within the coywolf, but she didn't know what it was. She sniffed lightly to herself and more or less ignored the other girl, not listening to what she had to say without being blaringly obvious about the fact. Her eyes focused on the female as she spoke, nodding sympathetically as she really didn't listen. However, the mention of a bandage jerked her out of her thoughts and propelled her up off of her haunches and towards the girl. Passing both Zalen and Jiva she sniffed at the injuries the other had, snorting. " That was foolish of you. " She grunted out, eying the wounds again. " I'm a healer, it's a pity I didn't bring my belt or my backpack. If I had known accidents would happen I would have been better prepared. " The coywolf lamented, honestly.

Weather or not the girl was a threat to hers and Jiva's relationship was not clear, but when someone was injured it was her duty as a healer to look past misgivings and help. It disturbed her that she couldn't offer assistance.

<style>
#ithielSie {
}
#ithielSie p {
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: I derped....

Word Count → 250

Jiva was torn between the two women on one hand Palaydrian needed assistance, and on the other he had a visitor. Looking over at Emma he could tell she was put off by the attention that Zalen was giving, so turning to Pala he smiled at her.

“Perhaps I’ll let Zalen handle this for now, I am being very rude to my guest.”

He said and then walked over to Emma. He was nervous in a way, that same giddy feeling he had when first meeting her hadn’t gone away. He just wondered why he got such a feeling with Palaydrian. A feeling like this shouldn’t be for more than one wolf should it? Well... coyote in Emma’s case. He let his tail wag only slightly due to the news he had heard from the woman. It would have been more prominant had he still been clueless of the packs war.

“I honestly didn’t know it was that bad over there. I’m sorry that you have to go through such harsh times.”

He said to her. He knew she was capable or she wouldn’t be alive, but he also knew a bit about war enough that it could tear ones thoughts apart, not to mention families. He still knew little of the woman, if she had family in her clan or if she had any other loved ones, because he knew what it was like to lose those in a war.

Manip by Ems // Code by the Mentors!

<style type="text/css">
.oceanealy-1 { background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/35it5r6.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#385d76; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 275px 0px; color:#000000; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #172135; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.oceanealy-1 b {color:#99aeb4; }
.oceanealy-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.oceanealy-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.oceanealy-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#000000; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.oceanealy-1 .wordcount {color:#172135; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #172135; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]