A meal fit for a queen
[html]

Word Count; 292 :: For Kiara

Three legs pounded down upon the ground, making longer and more powerful strides. The male had set up a trap the day before, knowing that if he could get one of the bucks, or doe’s to take a step into the three-inch hole that he had dug up, and then covered lightly with twigs then he had thrown grass and old leafs over it, the male knew that it would snap it’s leg, and would come crashing down and snap it’s neck. It was a fail-safe plan.

The male heard the snapping of the sticks and then it was over, the male stopped looking at the hole as the silver male saw what he was hoping for. A dead doe had fallen and snapped her neck. The death was quick and painless, but the meat would be used, the bones would make a good weapon in the right set of hands.

The silver male stopped as he lifted his maw to the sky, the pack borders between New Dawn and Ichika no Ho-en, was gone the sent markings that let everyone know where the borders for Ichika no Ho-en was…it was gone. The male couldn’t help but to chuckle at the thought, but he knew it would not be wise to say anything about that slight joy that the pack was gone to anyone. The male eyes flashed, thinking of the onetime pack member as he pulled up the dead deer, the male pulled it to where he could smell the white mother, as he dropped the kill down, panting the male softly barked for the white mother outside of her den. Noah was not stupid enough to try to go into a mother wolf den, unless she was sick and dying.

<style type="text/css">
.hctsnoah b {font-weight:bold; color:#6287b3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#2f332d 1px 1px 2px;}
.hctsnoah p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.hctsnoah p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.hctsnoah .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#6287b3; text-shadow:#2f332d 1px 1px 2px;}
.hctsnoah p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.hctsnoah {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#4e4f48; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Xg3Qf.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2f332d; padding:470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#7f8796; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC / +376

Despite the fact that Kiara had no pack and no mate, she had managed to not only raise her puppies past their first moon, but even found time to enjoy herself. Tharin had visited her den earlier in the day and she had spent several blissful hours with her friend. While Kiara was with the giant male, Lucia and Kohaku had gorged themselves on the eaglet that Tharin had brought them. When their mother returned, they had finished their meal with her milk. The puppies' meal was finished and they had begun to nod off by the time the sun hit the horizon. Both puppies were snuggled against their mother's belly and their ears twitched as Kiara gently sang them a lullaby. The words were foreign and strange, their meaning lost in time. However, it was the lullaby Kiara's father had sung to her. "Inuit" he had called it and it had become a favorite of her own litter.

A soft bark caught Kaira's attention and she turned her head to the den's tunnel, her ears poised and listening. Her nose tasted the air, but all she picked up was clay and her puppies. Carefully, the white mother picked herself up and exited the den's main chamber. As she crawled through the tunnel she wondered if Tharin had returned. However, the large silver male that greeted Kiara was not her dear friend, but old pack brother. Sapphire eyes narrowed as she raised her tail and pulled back her black lips. What are you doing here Noah?

Noah, the male she once called brother. He had betrayed her trust and had abandoned her on the boarders of New Dawn. Although he had managed to redeem himself a little by helping her rescue Kohaku, it wasn't much. She didn't outright hate him, but that didn't mean she liked him either. He was just a scarred, crippled, luperci who though he was better than her. Briefly, her eyes flicked down to see the deer carcass at his feet. Curiosity welled up in her mind, only to be overshadowed by her distrust and dislike. Her good mood was gone and she had two puppies asleep in the den. Needless to say, Kiara was not in the mood for mind games.

Table by: Cait

<style type="text/css">
.kiapup b {font-weight:bold; color:#619dbc; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #08171f; }
.kiapup p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.kiapup {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#39565a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ecMB6.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a3c1c5; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.kiapup p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.kiapup p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count; 240 :: Herp Derp

There was a time and place to throw his weight around, and in the mouth of a mother wolves den was not one of them places. At the mouth of a new mother’s den was the time to play submission and to play coward. The silver male lowered him-self down letting his stomach touch the ground. Noah took his eyes off the kill, and moved away. He was not foolish enough to pick a fight with a mother wolf outside of her own den, where her pups where. ”I came to see how you guys where holding up.”

The male moved a good three feet away from the kill and away from the mouth of the wolf den. Oh how he hated doing this, sinking down and showing a loner submission when he had no reason to show her submission to began with, however the male really did want to make sure that she was going to be okay, and she was holding up okay with the pups. ”I really wish you would come and stay in New Dawn, let the pack as a whole protect, watch out for, and take care of you and your pups. Kiara…it’s dangerous out here, not because you’re a female. It’s because of your pups. “ The male spoke truthfully, and even a bit bluntly. He did want the pups to make it into adulthood, and he had been trying to regain her trust.

<style type="text/css">
.hctsnoah b {font-weight:bold; color:#6287b3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#2f332d 1px 1px 2px;}
.hctsnoah p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.hctsnoah p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.hctsnoah .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#6287b3; text-shadow:#2f332d 1px 1px 2px;}
.hctsnoah p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.hctsnoah {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#4e4f48; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Xg3Qf.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2f332d; padding:470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#7f8796; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Sorry, Kiara isn't listening to me / +468

Kiara watched as Noah lowered himself to the ground, his belly touched the earth and his position became extremely submissive. Kiara watched with her head and tail raised high in dominance. How strange it was for her, but the young mother would not relent in her position or suspicion. Even if Noah had helped her before, he was still very much a threat in her mind. She knew from experience that he could easily turn on her and with her puppies behind her Kiara was more than willing to take on the giant male.

Anger welled up in her chest as Noah spoke and she was sorely tempted to strike out at him. Luckily for him, he had backed off a good three feet and wasn't in her immediate striking range. It took all of her concentration and control not to strike out at Noah, both verbally and physically. Rather than risk loosing her control, Kiara stood silently and imposingly as she listened to what he had to say. Sure enough, the scarred male's words did not make Kaira feel better. Funny, and here I thought you didn't have a sense of humor. Sarcasm filled every biting word. She remembered with clarity how he had reacted to her puppies originally and his own scathing tongue had left a deep impression in her mind.

The arctic female stalked forward, anger and distrust rippled off her ghostly form. If I remember correctly, you never liked my puppies before and you had a nasty dislike for me as well. In fact, you refused to help me when I needed you most. Funny how the orders of your Alpha can so easily change your mind. Kiara paused, her petite form for once towering over the other wolf. Her sapphire eyes burned like her words and she looked down her nose at the male. Go home Noah. I don't know what your game is, but I already have plenty of help from another of your pack. After all, according to you, such is my nature.

Kiara snorted, her anger had gotten the best of her and she had said something was wasn't true. She and Tharin were good friends, yet she had just instead otherwise. Her gaze drifted down and her ears flicked back. She had refused the invitation to go to New Dawn before, but somehow hearing the offer from Noah made the pack seem downright unpleasant. Everything he had said was the complete opposite of what he had said the last time they had, had a proper conversation. Why should she trust him?

Something about his words caught in her mind. He was talking bout her puppies, the ones he had scoffed at before she had given birth to them. Not to mention, what was that bit about being a female?

<style type="text/css">
.kiapup b {font-weight:bold; color:#619dbc; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #08171f; }
.kiapup {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#39565a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ecMB6.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a3c1c5; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:6+

Noah did not want to push his luck with the white lady; he knew that having children out here all alone was not an easy task. It was something that having a pack would prove to be most beneficial to her, and to her small family. Noah was able to recall his own day when he was younger, being locked away in a room with his brother. Only to be allowed out under the watchful eye of his older brother. Though before Jazper came along, it was mainly looking up at a door, waiting and hoping for his father to come and allow him some time to play.

Noah turned his head to the side, trying to grasp what he had said that had made her think that he was being funny. Fact of the matter was…Noah real did not have a sense of humor. He had found out that trying to play and have fun landed him on the very bottom of the pack ranks, and he hated his life while he was the Omega, outcaste from the pack and not even allow sleeping with the other members. Heck the male was still not fully able to feel right about sleeping in the pack den. He would much rather sleep in the lean to that he had made during his time of being an outcast. ”What was so funny?” He did not have the clear commanding or even pleading tone to his voice, he was lost trying to figure out what she thought was so funny.

”Matter of a fact, I don’t quite care of pups. However I cannot allow my personal feeling for children effect the overall well being of the family. Furthermore Madame, My alpha and I don’t talk much…if at all. I was out casted from the pack, not allowed to be with the pack, and not allow being outside of the pack lands. I lost most if not all trust I had in him. Maybe in time I will get it back, maybe in time I will leave and find somewhere that is more of my style, till then I respect him for what he is. My pack leader, and with that he leaves me alone. I don’t try to start any fights and I offer up my protection to the pack and its members in return. So the thought of Zalen sending me out here to do whatever you think he has so called ‘order’ me to do is a foolish thought.” The Sawtooth male explained the best that he could to her. Noah was a damaged soul, make 50 kinds of messed up damaged. He really did need someone to understand just how bi-polar he could be, even if he him-self never could see it.

Noah did not know his words where so degrading to the gender, though he knew that the female wolves that had children, much like how Orin did when he first meet her, seemed to be run down and would fall asleep at the first chance they could once they were in an environment that they felt safe in, and that with the protection of a pack. Then there was Kiara, trying to be strong and trying to be the best mother out there that she could be. ”Kiara look, be logical. You have two children that are growing bigger and bigger every day. And with them growing I am sure they are getting into more and more things, and pushing limits when it comes to traveling out-side your den that you made. You do not have the luxury of a pack to protect you. What if someone came in the middle of the night and raped you? What would happen? Kiara….I do worry about you. Please let’s stop fighting. I’ll say whatever you want me to say, and for that matter do whatever you want me to do.” The male pleaded with her. Noah knew that Kiara would make a far better pack member then what he would, and Zalen would be mad if he didn’t accept her.

<style>
.ns-sdb01 {width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.ns-sdb01 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px; margin:-20px 0px 0px 0px; }
.ns-sdb01 p {padding:10px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ns-sdb01 b {color:#b4b7b7; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.ns-sdb01 .inner {background-color:#0f1110; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color: #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:272px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; width:398px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
00C / +390

Kiara knew that she wasn't being rational, although she needed to debate if her attitude towards the silver male was fair. He had crushed her heart and her feelings of friendship, a brutal betrayal. Although he had saved her son, she was still debating if he even deserved her forgiveness. His question didn't help Kiara make any positive decisions. Nothing apparently, she said with an angry snort as her eyes turned away. Her sapphire gaze drifted towards the den, hoping that her puppies remained sound asleep. The last thing she wanted was for them to wake up and wander outside when Noah was still around. The young mother didn't trust the scarred giant and she certainly didn't want him near her puppies.

Anger turned into disgust as Noah spoke of his so called "treatment" in New Dawn. He had been whining about it during their previous fight as well. Kiara rolled her eyes, not caring if he knew what her opinions on the matter were. He had gotten off easy as far as she was concerned. If he had trespassed into any other pack, they could have killed him. So a light biting session and being reduced to the omega rank were soft punishments. That was pack life, and New Dawn adhered to the rules that Kiara had grown up with. If the male couldn't take it, then he should have left the pack.

Noah's sincere pleadings and call to reason calmed Kiara's anger a little so that her hostility towards the male lessoned. Once again, the wolves on New Dawn tired to extend an invitation towards her. Kiara couldn't figure out why they were so insistent on having her join, but the offer was tempting. Even so, the arctic female was stuck. She didn't trust any adult around her puppies and couldn't bare the thought of some luperci handling them. Kiara shook her head and said, No. The puppies are too young to move. I will stay here and protect my puppies, with my life if necessary, until they are old enough to travel. The scarred female was sorely tempted to say some things that would only have angered Noah, but there was some part of her brain that wished to reconcile with Noah. If you really want to stop fighting, then you can start with an apology.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]