Things change, my dear
1 or 2 others. Smile

[html]

The large cat swung his bright gaze over his shoulder and spoke a brisk, gravelly meow. Blaise emerged from the emerald forest, still with her eyes dull and sad, her mouth shaped into a pout. She had worn that expression since her pack had disbanded, and while the cat wanted to be sympathetic to the girl's suffering, he couldn't fathom female teenage emotions. Nor could he understand these pathetic attachments canines always formed with one another. When she came beside him near the river, Zargo tried not to look at her. But he felt the slow, diminished motion as she crouched by the water and began to drink.

Grinding his teeth, the old tabby inhaled deeply and spoke in a slightly clipped tone. There is salmon. Zargo will teach you to fish. Blaise didn't respond until she had finished drinking, which irritated him.

The young wolf stared angrily into space before at last turning to the cat. .... Okay, but I'm going to sleep first. I'm tired. she spoke, sullen. She was exhausted. Zargo had been running her around for weeks, and she was fed up with pointless roaming.

Zargo rolled his eyes, which Blaise noticed. Her lip curled into a vicious snarl, but before she could erupt on him, the cat spoke with gentleness that startled her quiet. Yes. I will look for fish. The cat crept upstream without another word, for today she did look very tired. Angry wolves were best avoided, too.

Blaise scoffed quietly. Zargo forgot that she could tear him to pieces if she wished. But as she watched him slink further up the river, hear ears fell and tears streamed from her eyes. Zargo was her only friend, yet she had been horribly rude most of the time since Crimson Dreams broke apart. Still crying, the thin girl turned a few circles in the soft grass that bordered the river and curled up there, her tail tip draped over her nose. She closed her eyes against the midday sunlight and listened to song of the river, but could not be lulled to sleep.

<style type="text/css">
.freebfeb02-box {width:292px;height:248px;float:right;}
.freebfeb02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8979bb; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebfeb02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebfeb02 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:700px; background-color:#ebebeb; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LzVfU.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bfbdd3; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#baadc1; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ecrets.png); background-color:#C77133; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: For the sake of the timeline, Late Afternoon during the first day of the Family's arrival.

By the afternoon, she had not grown tired of walking, but certainly exhausted from dragging her possessions along since day break. As a Family they had agreed on this move, for it gave them a clean slate to start again; a new home to call their own. But first the trial of getting there needed to be overcome and with each straining step, dragging the pull by her teeth behind her, she reminded herself of this so as not to lose motivation. Wandering the lands without the weight of possession was one thing, but carrying the remnants of a life once had was something different all together. It would have been simpler to allow the children's bison to carry the heavy load for her, freeing her up for a more expedient travel with an opportunity to explore the land. But her ego would not allow for the help of the load bearing creature even if it was the more rational decision. She would take pride in moving her works by her own strength even if her muscles were sure to damn her once she had had a moment to stop and rest.

To stop before their destination was reached was a decision she would surely regret once her muscles had had a chance to relax, but she couldn't resist the urge none the less especially as her ears caught the trickle of water nearby. It was the only motivation she needed to abruptly drop the pull and stretch out her jaws insuring they would not grow numb from the extensive chore. Sounding her break with a short howl, she departed from the travelling band to the water course, taking care to remain vigilant on these ground still unknown.

As the fine trickle of water became more pronounced, so did a scent carried on the wind. Her ears perked curiously, noting with some comfort that it was wolf in nature but coupled with something other. Perhaps prey... a companion? As there were no sounds of a struggle from what she could here, she could assume either or til her eyes were made aware of the truth. Silently, she crept closer forfeiting her want to drink to instead appease this growing curiosity. And how fortunate that she would not have to wonder long before her eyes beheld a curled form by the water's edge. Smoothly she halted and called out to the small wolf.

"Young one... are you alright?"

407 words.

[/html]
[html]

Someone called to her from far away. Though she had fallen to an uncomfortable rest, the gentle feminine tone of the voice made her waking pleasant. When she opened her eyes to see who had spoken to her, the bright sun darkened the bipedal figure and her heart swooped like a songbird. But as the gray wolfess became aware of her surroundings, rich red and gold tones shone in the woman's coat. Blaise smiled, but she no longer understood why.

Blinking away sleep, the silvery youth unfolded herself and sat up. I -- yes, I'm alright. she spoke carefully, lying, her eyes darting to the side for a brief second. The desire to share her circumstances with another wolf, one who might listen and care, was very strong, but for now inappropriate. Her ears perked and she smiled more warmly, her troubles for now forgotten. Who are you? The regal woman was laden with different, interesting things, as if she were making an important journey. Her presence begged questions from the curious young girl, but Blaise had learned by now to ask only one at a time.

<style type="text/css">
.freebfeb02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8979bb; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebfeb02 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:700px; background-color:#ebebeb; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LzVfU.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bfbdd3; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#baadc1; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ecrets.png); background-color:#C77133; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: And X'y is doing everything she can not to cuddle the puddin' out of Blaise Big Grin

It was not as odd as one would assume for a child to be out on their own, but it was none the less disturbing for the female to witness. She was however relieved to see the young one was not harmed as far as her golden eye could see, but the relief was fleeting at best when she was again made aware of the little one's loneliness. Though she claimed to be alright, the woman could not help the urge to contest. Passively she glanced around the immediate area, again noting only the feline and no other attending. Where was the parent? Was this child a runaway?

She hadn't realized she was standing so stiffly until she was lulled to relax by the soft tones of the young one's voice. Anxiety melted away as she looked fondly to the young female and offered a gently smile and humble cant of her head as she neared. In effect, a lone violet blossom slipped from the wild mess of autumn locks and settled just atop her paw. "I am X'yrin." Carefully she raised her flower touched paw and gestured to the distant forms of her Family just a little ways. "My Family and I are travelling to our new home. What might your name be, young one?"

000 words.

[/html]
blaise needs some cuddles!

[html]

Naturally, the child didn't realize how obvious her circumstances were. She no longer smelled like other canines, and even her thick fur couldn't hide the sharp angles of her bony figure anymore. But Blaise did notice the same smile on the woman's face that Anu and Artemis had worn the snowy afternoon she stumbled into Crimson Dreams. Though Blaise didn't care for being pitied, the gentle concern in X'yrin's gold eyes comforted the girl.

Startled by the unexpected splash of violet, she intently watched the pretty thing as it descended from the woman's rich mane. It landed perfectly on the amber paw and Blaise's lips parted in awe. She hastily returned her attention to the lady as she explained her purpose here by the river with a wave of her flowered paw. Her family was relocating -- together, as far as the grey girl knew. Why couldn't Crimson Dreams have done the same? Blaise still didn't fully understand why her family had broken apart, but it seemed to her that a few of them could have gone somewhere together, rather than abandoning each other completely.

I'm Blaise, she answered, dipping her muzzle slightly. She stalled for a second. I -- I used to live with Crimson Dreams... But they disbanded. Her tone lowered with sadness and she felt herself tensing with happy memories.

At that moment, a displeased meow made her jump. Blaise looked around and spotted Zargo, standing stiff, staring suspiciously at the autumn-toned wolfess and reeking of fish. Despite her recent irritation with the old cat, she grinned instantly when she saw him. He seemed satisfied with her smile and wandered to the riverside to rest. That's my friend, Zargo, she explained. I thought he might bring me some fish, but I guess he only found enough for himself. Cats were such selfish creatures.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

All too well the woman understood the displeasure of a family breaking apart. It had been a disheartening ordeal to watch the brethren she had come to care for turn away from the unity they were meant to preserve together. Only a handful bothered to express their interest in leaving while the rest scattered without a word, until there was only a small remnant of what had been left to restart this family again. X’yrin did not offer her pity for the unfavorable circumstance, but true understanding as it was shown through her brilliant gaze.

“It is a pleasure to meet you Blaise,” again, she dipped her auburn crown wreathed in feathers and flora. “I am sorry for this misfortune… for I too have suffered the loss of a pack.” Yet as she looked at the girl, she could see much more than sadness had stricken her. When last the young one had eaten, the Nomad couldn’t tell and this disturbed her much more than knowing the girl was alone. Even the presence of her companion did not work to ease her bother. There was only so much another creature could do when a pack, a family was better suited to look after and care for her. Politely, she dipped her head to the feline but drew her sole attention to the little one again. “Blaise… are you and Zargo waiting for someone? Or…” her ears fell back with uncertainty. “…are you two trying to find another home? You seem-“ Hungry? Alone? Abandoned? “-lost…”

000 words.

[/html]