Home is Where the Heart Lives
[html]
Words - 200+

So this was to be their new home. Mount Oromocto stood as a constant and proud reminder to the Obsidian Alpha. This would be his land and the wolves in it his family. The thought made him proud enough that he couldn’t sit still. Presently he spent his free time between conversations with his family marking the territory. He was finding the farthest eastern boarder, deciding that it should stop at the grand lake. Any farther would be difficult to keep guarded with their small numbers.

But his thoughts were not only of here and now. Often enough, his mind would wander back to a night he didn’t spend alone. The second night he had met Thana. He remembered it clearly. Her body, the heat they shared, all they had in common, it stained him with longing to see her again. He often wished she were here with him so he could share what he had accomplished with her. He wanted desperately for her to stay and share it with him. She had said she wouldn’t stay in a pack ruled by strangers. Jaden felt the same way after leaving his first family. But now he was in charge. He was the alpha she could look to. And she trusted him, didn’t she?

Though these thoughts passed though his mind periodically, they didn’t pester him now. He was distracted easily by the pride that flooded from the afternoon sun. The calm waters of Grand Lake shimmered with happiness. Everything seemed absolutely perfect.

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jaden-lake74 b {font-weight:bold; color:#348781; }
.jaden-lake74 p {text-indent:25px; padding:0; margin:0px;}
.jaden-lake74 {margin:0 auto; width:507px; background-color:#9fc9de; border:3px solid #000000; padding: 361px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:1.2em; color:#1589FF; line-height:1.3em; text-align:justify;background-image:url(http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/15/57/31/07/lake-l10.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.jaden-lake74 .text {border-top:3px solid #000000;}
.jaden-lake74 .pad {padding:15px}
.jaden-lake74 .ooc {font-style:italic;border-bottom:3px solid #000;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Jaden had told Thana where he would be since he was going to help his friend out and Thana really wanted to see him again. She made her way to where he would be and picked up his scent, quickly following it until she saw him near a lake, looking just as handsome as ever. She slid off her stallions back and gave his neck a pat, allowing him to wander off. Walking closer to him, thoughts of their night together flashed through her mind. It had been the first time she was with a man she actually cared for. It was also the first time she fell asleep in a man’s arms. To Thana, it was the single most amazing night of her life.

The dark man certainly brought out a rather large change in Thana. Before Jaden, Thana would have used, tortured, or killed anyone she or Amy wished. She had even obtained a young slave girl, by the name of Anna, from the golden woman. Anna was never treated as a slave though, at least not once she was turned over to Thana, and was more like a daughter than anything else. The girl was seven months and usually stayed close to Thana, not able to trust others easily. She was very much attached to Thana though, never seeming to want to leave her side. In Thana’s eyes, Anna was her daughter and she was spoiled rotten. Thana had traded off her weapons to obtain gifts for the young girl. The only weapons Thana kept were the twin daggers and she gave one of them to Anna who wore it at her hip. Anna wore a cute little white dress with the heart shaped pendant Thana made around her neck. She seemed frightened by Jaden. It could have been his size though, seeing as Anna was only 5ft. Thana reached behind her to ruffle her sandy-blonde hair to reassure her that it was alright.

With a smile on her face, Thana wrapped her arms around Jaden, giving his cheek a quick kiss before taking a step back, well aware that she was still in heat. It’s good to see you again Jaden. She waved Anna over, and the girl hesitantly stepped closer. Jaden, this is Anna. Anna, Jaden. I promise he isn’t going to hurt you love, it’s alright. Anna looked up at the very tall man with her big green eyes, calming down a little at Thana’s words. It..it’s nice to meet you sir.

<style>
.thanawoods .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.thanawoods p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.thanawoods b {color:#0B614B; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.thanawoods {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... hana-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:360px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5F877D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.thanawoods-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.thanawoods .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #0B614B; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Words - 400+

It would seem that on this perfect day with nearly everything he had falling into a seamless picture of wonderful art, he would become reunited with his lover and her dark pelt. The smell of her still heated coat on the air mixed easily with her accompanying brute of a horse. It was more than enough to have the optime male stop and search for her.

Thana came into view how he expected her too, upon horseback, but had with her another soul. A small pup who couldn’t have been more than half a year old stuck shyly to her mother’s shadow. Or that is what he assumed Thana to be, her mother. This was difficult to believe given the great contrast between their fur colors but stranger things had happened… only she had never mentioned a pup either. And she most certainly had not been pregnant while in heat. Such things didn’t happen at the same time for heat was to lead to pregnancy. A vague thought of his own ownership of that pup came and passed with less time than any of the other questions he had. It was simply impossible.

Whatever the woman’s reasoning for having the pup were, the Issum knew he would know it in due time. It surely didn’t change the budding feelings of love he had for the woman, nor did it give him doubt in his decision to welcome her warmly. He gave his embrace to hers and tried his best to ignore the potent and unfair scent that still plagued her. An embarrassed smile turned his lips at her kiss, It is a pleasure to see you again too, Thana. His eyes played that embarrassment in their blue depths as if they didn’t known so much more of each other than this kind distance.

Thana went on two introduce him to her small companion. Jaden crouched down to her level with the friendliest look he could muster for the shy pup. He was a bit nervous around children. He wasn’t sure how he should handle them. It is very nice to meet you too, Anna, the Sangilak Alpha started as he thought might be appropriate then went along by instinct, You have a very pretty name, little one.

Standing back to his full height, Jaden turned his attention back to a wolf he knew he could handle and talk to, I wouldn’t have guessed you to be the mothering type. Why didn’t you mention your kin before now?

<style type="text/css">
.jaden-lake74 {margin:0 auto; width:507px; background-color:#9fc9de; border:3px solid #000000; padding: 361px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:1.2em; color:#1589FF; line-height:1.3em; text-align:justify;background-image:url(http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/15/57/31/07/lake-l10.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Jaden appeared to be confused by the young girl’s presence, which was expected, but the words that came out of his mouth were not. Not the motherly type huh? It stung a little. Did Jaden not think she would make a good mother? Thana quickly shook it off though, not wanting to be upset with the man she loved for long. Anna seemed to take to him fairly quickly and spoke up to answer Jaden’s question. Thana isn’t my mama but she saved me from a mean woman. Thana kneeled down and kissed the girls cheek before speaking. Sweetheart, why don’t you go play with your kitten while I talk to Jaden for a minute? She wasn’t ordering her around at all, simply asking to speak with him alone for only a moment. Anna nodded with a smile on her face and chased after the margay kitten that wasn’t too far away.

Thana met Jaden’s blue eyes and thought for a moment on how to explain the situation. Before I met you Jaden, I was completely different. I worked for a trader and in exchange, asked for a slave of my own. Once she was turned over to me, I was different. I never once saw Anna as a slave, but as my daughter. I adopted her and it seems I tend to spoil her a bit. Anything that little girl wants she tends to get in a heartbeat. She’s a sweet girl and I’m glad to have her as a daughter, even if she is adopted. She didn’t know how Jaden would react. Thana knew he greatly disapproves of slavery. Perhaps he wouldn’t mind since Anna wasn’t really her slave.

<style>
.thanawoods {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... hana-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:360px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5F877D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.thanawoods .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #0B614B; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Words - 400+

By what Jaden understood, Thana was a killer. Like he, she was one who fought and traveled. Someone who traveled and fought, carrying weapons on horseback for which to fight with simply didn’t seem the type to have children of their own. He saw that the obsidian woman he was so fond of didn’t see it this way. She sounded a little hurt by his words. A muzzle intent on mending their miss understanding but fell closed upon interruption from the cute little pup at their feet. Anna explained rather vaguely what her situation was before her ‘mother’ shooed her away to play with a kitten the Alpha hadn’t noticed before now. He watched her idly with a bit of warmth and appreciation for the young spirit in his eyes while Thana began to lay out exactly how the single woman came to have a pup of her own.

Jaden was a bit embarrassed by her starting line and put a curious smile on his lips. She had changed for him? He knew she felt deeply for him and he felt more than simple friendship for her, but it was rather flattering. His smile did slowly falter as she went on. Slavery was something he greatly disapproved of. He felt that no respectable soul would seek to control others. It was too similar to what his murderous family had done and too similar to Salsola. It was something he would not tolerate in his pack. But his newly narrowed view of Thana broadened again with the supposed love she had for the little one. His deep blues meandered over to the playing child and took stalk of her again. She didn’t behave as slaves did. She had no fear of Thana that he could see.

It all came down to what he would do, what he would believe. As his gaze returned to the scared she-wolf, he wondered in the back of his mind if he could really trust her. They had met only twice. He felt he had learned a lot about her in those two meetings. They had done a lot in those two meetings. But he would have never guessed that she was a slave owner. “She had changed” since meeting him? Adopted? Were your plans to find a daughter when being given a slave? His voice wasn’t hostile but the conflict was evident in his tones.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Jaden seemed to think less of her when she spoke of how Anna had come under Thana’s care. Perhaps he wouldn’t want Thana around now that he knew. Perhaps he would hate her and want nothing to do with her. The thought alone made her heart sink, hoping that wouldn’t be the case. She loved Jaden deeply and had hoped they would someday be together.

His words and the tone in his voice nearly brought tears to her eyes. It was beginning to seem like he would want nothing to do with her. She didn’t break down though, she couldn’t. Not now. No, I had no intention of seeing Anna as a daughter. I didn’t even know it was going to be a child Amy was giving me until she was brought to me. Thana didn’t know what he would say or do at that point, she only knew that it felt like her heart was starting to break. I told her that I could take her to a pack that would take care of her, treat her like their own. I gave her the choice to decide what she wanted. She chose to stay with me.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Words - 200+

He came to a decision then. Thana had a dark place in her heart. She had decided to own a slave for whatever uses or pleasures could be gotten from the act. She hadn’t planned on being merciful or kind to it. Only when she was given a little girl was she able to see the faults in slavery. Jaden’s gaze was taken from Thana for a few long moments as he heard Amy’s name. He had an odd history with her that wouldn’t allow him to just shrug off the merchant’s name but it didn’t distract him too readily from his contemplations. His eyes fell on Anna where the young girl still played adorably with her little kitten. She was happy. Even if she had been a slave before, she was now free because of Thana. He didn’t hate her for the mistake. Though this particular sin wasn’t one he would ever commit to willingly, he had done many other unforgivable things just like she had. How could he cast her out of his life for it?

He couldn’t. He turned his attention back to the obsidian woman with only a slightly wounded smile. She is happy, It was a simple statement that carried with it his own soft acceptance. He could tell how much it hurt her to hear the disapproving notes of his voice, so he stepped a bit closer and rested one of his strong paws just under her jaw affectionately, and you have found a pack for her. I have founded one here, with my dearest friend. She wouldn’t hesitate to have you both. Stay here and enjoy this beautiful place. Stay with me.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
She knew Jaden was probably very upset because she had taken a slave. Would he turn her away because of it? It was beginning to seem very likely. Her love would push her away because of a mistake. She wasn’t herself when she had asked Amy for a slave, she was who she really was when she was with Jaden. She was kind and loving, not a monster like her father had made her. She realized then that she didn’t change for Jaden, she went back to who she really was. She wanted to stay that way too, but it seemed he might just leave her right then and there.

Her head snapped up when Jaden mentioned that Anna was happy. Was he forgiving her for her mistake? Hopefully he was. He stepped closer to Thana and his paw went under her jaw as he continued. He asked her to stay there in the pack he had founded. He wanted her to stay with him. He really wanted her? After everything she had done? It was almost too good to be true. She wrapped her arms around him and gave his cheek a quick kiss. I would love to.