i go where the s[p]irits carry me
for X'yrin :3 optime form. sorry for crappyness Tongue

This valley was so familiar. The white wolf, whom had returned from his absence so he could search for his lost mate, wandered through the thin trees of this familiar forest. He had no luck. He had no leads or traces. He had lost her. Yet, he hoped not forever. Maybe she will return. Maybe his children will return too. Thats all he had hoped for.

The journey had changed what the white wolf used to be, appearance and emotional wise. He had become noticeably older and wiser. Pendzez maintains his physical average to defined body stature, yet he has a few gray bits around his eyes. He also maintains his calm gentleman and way of the samurai demeanor.

Wearing a dark gray cowl with a stitiched dark gray robes, holding a long staff like stick with metal rings on the top, clanging together emitting an echoing ringing like a wind chime. His masamune strapped to his hip, he wondered over the rocks and grass and fallen leaves, returning to the land that he had called home a long time ago.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

By afternoon, she was well awake but well rested despite her late return from the banks of the lake. Thanks to the cooperation of her surrogate brood, she was able to steal back the lost hours from sneaking away during the night. They were well used to the woman’s morning routine that they could act on their own without her supervision. They were growing older now, especially now since both had adapted to their changing forms and were able to exercise the independence X’yrin (at times) kept them from with her overbearing coddles.

When she had at last emerged from the fur-lined den, she found that most of her daily tasks had been complete. The entrance of the den was relatively kempt, the borders near were well marked, even the cache now had new additions of meat though small… just large enough for growing fangs to take.

Smiling as she made her rounds, her elated mood carried her toward the enchanting lake once more to peer into its tantalizing depths and steal a drink before padding off again. She couldn’t have been higher in mood than now, all the result of a restful night. Energy brimmed within her, begging to be expelled the best way the woman knew how. No sense the pups being the only ones to find a meal this day. There were more mouths to feed and the idea of a fresh kill was simply to wonderful to pass. She felt so alive she believed she would burst if she did nothing with the build-up or energy. To drain the excess, she charged through the valley, skipping across the protruding rocks upon all fours with auburn mane caught wildly by the wind.

But all too soon her dance came to a halt to an odd sound ringing in the air. It was no bird, for its pitch was too soft, nor was it a creature for there was no meaning or rhythm in its song. It was unknown, and that was enough to drive her hackles to sharpened points and raise her head in song to contest the artificial chime.

353 words.

[/html]
The afternoon was upon him. He had traveled for a long time, he had lost track of the time. He paused to look upon the after noon sun. Oh, how he missed this sun. He hadn't even taken time to observe the sun like he used to when he lived in this land. It was, in a sense, beautiful. It was like, this sun was different from the sun that met him everyday during his journey. It was like an old friend, greeting his former companion with open arms.

He turned back to his path and began to walked again, with the rings on the top of his staff clanging together, emitting an echoing sound again. His herb pouch on his belt ruffled against his stitched robes and his masamune bounced a little as he moved along the rocks and the growth between the trees. He looked up through the spaces between the leaves and slowed his walking, taking time to take the beauty that he had missed

Then he paused again, his nose picking up an unfamiliar scent of a near by creature. He could tell it was a wolf, yet recognized no pack scent. A loner. Not that he could complain, since he was a loner too. The scent had an unknown point of origin, so to satisfy his curiosity, he followed the scent.

He past trees and several huge rocks, following the scent of this wolf. Yet, the sound of the clanging of the rings made a sound that would give him away. But he didn't take see it as a problem, because now he not only picked up the scent of a wolf, but also... animal fur?
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

The sound was strange, but quite unique just the same. It reminded her of the metal that used to adorn the hide of her prior mate; the way his armor scuffed together making something akin to the sound to heard now...but richer. More refined. Yet as alluring to the ears as it was, it still warranted her caution and defensive posture as she followed its trail toward the neighboring wilderness.

She vaulted onto a protruding stone assuming a higher vantage in the hopes of spying this oddity. But what her eyes beheld was rather familiar; a body of white among the earthen hues crafted defined as a shape she knew all too well. Her brows peaked in curiosity but still her hackles remained raised. Rather than proceed forward she remained where she was growling softly to make her presence known but offer no kind of threat. Despite the trophies that hung from her shoulder, the assortment of tails that marked her a warrior, she would not instigate a confrontation this day, not when there was an opportunity to appease her curious nature.

"Goodday," she sounded, letting her voice reach the wanderer's ears. "That sound... do you create it?" She inquired, looking from the alabaster male to the staff in his possession. Surely something as unique was the origin of this chime..

000 words.

[/html]
He came through an opening through the trees to a patch of area where there were more rocks.. The scen't now seemed stronger. The mysterious wolf in whom he could smell was very close. Did he fall into an ambush? No, he couldn't have. this area didn't seem like the proper terrain to hold an ambush. Besides, the white wolf had gotten out of ambushes unscathed in worse terrains than this. Maybe, the wolf's den or lair was somewhere close by.

Then he heard a little growling close by. In fact, right behind him. He slowly turned around to find a figure sitting on a rock bigger than the others. Now, he found the source of the scent. The cowled wolf examined the wolf, quickly checking for any form of dangerous encounters. She looked like a warriors, telling from the fur that she decorated herself with different tails, which would possibly explain the secondary scent of animal fur.

The female spoke in a greeting yet cautious voice, with slight curiosity. He bowed in a traditional eastern manner, standing up right and lowering his head from his waist. When he lifting himself back to his original body position, he was asked about a sound. He knew what she was referring to. He looked at his staff then back to her, lifting and tapping the bottom of the staff against the ground several times, the rings bouncing and clanging together to make the sound they made

"Its a common Eastern instrument, originating from China," he spoke in a clear voice. "I am Pendzez Zazkex," he further spoke.
[html]

ooc:

The instrument in hand was forced to chime when touched by the stranger's paw and it was then she heard the sound more clearly with ears quivering to their enticing sound. Perhaps it was when she searched for the sound with the intent to prevent harm that her ears were muted to their trill, but now within the ambience of calm she needn't have her ears poorly deflecting this wondrous resonance.

"It is strange," she admitted openly, feeling no need to conceal her thoughts even to a stranger. "But sweet sounding to the ears just the same. I have not heard of something like this," boldly she extended her muzzle as though it would stretch upon her desire to touch the bound rings. Then smoothly she retracted replacing her head to its prior humble height, then in turn lowered its graciously when the male offered his name. Kindly, the woman replied. "I am X'yrin... an Exultare of the Nomads." Still the title came as second nature though she knew full well it was unlikely her prior family was heard of. Yet, in due time she anticipated the spread of this name and that of her growing Family, so long as there were ears to hear of it and mouths to speak its name.

Lifting her head, she looked again at the instrument this time with a softer touch to her weathered lips though her posture remained stiff and on guard. "It is always a pleasure to see a new face, I must admit. Do you come from this place called 'China'? Was the item a trinket brought with you?"

000 words.

[/html]
The woman seemed interested in the instrument in the males hand. Indeed, it was a rather interesting item in Pendzez's collection. From his knowledge, some of the ancient Chinese mystics. He happened to have found it when he went on his journey to search for his mate. He had crossed the ocean to the great lands beyond the water, finding ruins bigger than the ones here. Old human buildings that towered even the ones here. Human mega cities reduced to rust, rot and shattered glass.

He observed the female as she leaned in to examine the object further, then back to her original position. She seemed to like the sound of the clanging rings. He enjoyed the random melody they made, yet wondered the point as to why they were made so. Yet, he didn't care. He found it, entertaining. As the female wolf gave her name, he nodded his head acknowledging her. "It is a pleasure to meet you, X'yrin of the Exultare Nomads."

The female went on to ask if he came from China. This was false. "No, I'm a native of this land. I have been to China once. In fact, I've just returned. A tribe of wolfs in that land gave me this as a gift." He had been on a long voyage, he met many new faces along his way, from dingoes to dogs to wolves.
[html]

ooc:

The misunderstanding of her title was literally shrug in a show of indifference to it. Just as she had made mistakes of her own in learning what the creatures of packs addressed themselves as, there were bound to be mistakes on her part as well. But to them, she simply smiled and offered a kind wag of her tail at being addressed none the less.

Her ears perked as he spoke of his return. A traveler more than a wander, his explanation suggested further earning the she-wolf’s interest as she smoothly descended from the stone and tread closer. “It is a fine gift they have given you,” she complimented the instrument, letting her eyes survey its design once more before turning her eyes to the pale hued wolf. “And I must admit, for one only just returning you look quite well… unmarred by the trials of travel.” Much more in a presentable state than she had been when first coming to these lands. Even still she clung to the rough look offered by her form as well as the consequence of irregular grooming. Still she viewed it as a luxury, and such a mentality was not easy to change.

“But I am sure all know the pangs of hunger,” she continued. “…even a well cared for traveler. Perhaps you could care for a meal…in exchange for your tale of ‘China’?” Eagerly her tail began to sway. “I do apologize if this is forward… but it is customary of my culture. When presented with an opportunity of a service, we are compelled to offer something in exchange. If your time is willing, I would care to hear of a place that offers such an interesting thing. Information… stories are a treasure, and I sincerely hope you would be willing to share.”

300 words.

[/html]
He didn't see any sort of the threat from the female, even though she was decorated to be at least intimidating. She seemed a little troubled by the fact that he mentioned her name and title in one sentence. He actually thought to let out a little chuckle, but he kept it silent. Thought it would be a good idea, in case the female took it as an offense to her family heritage.

He looked again at the staff in hand. He indeed found it an interesting item in his possession. He looked back to X'yrin, who had her ears perked up, from maybe when he said that he returned from China, and also remarked about the item that the pack gave him as a gift. "They gave it to me because of the help I gave them." She then went on to compliment on how well kept he was after such a long journey. "Well, I do keep myself maintained," he chuckled.

And she spoke of something that he had to agree to. He knew when one was hungry. Even though he wasn't really showing it, he was hungry. She offered a trade. A meal for the white wolf in exchange that he would tell her a tale of 'China.' He pondered for a second, raising his paw to his chin as he looked to his left briefly. "Hm, interesting."

Upon hearing that it was more of a culture tradition rather than a normal trade, he looked back to her. "That sounds like a fair trade. I would be glad to share my story." He bowed again like he did before in the eastern like custom. It has been a long time since he met someone who was interested in hearing his story-telling.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ecrets.png); background-color:#C77133; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Consider this a buffet... and go nuts! Big Grin

His agreement to her offer warranted an elated wag of her tail and a soft, pleasant whine as she further advanced toward him with a noticeable bounce to her step. "Wonderful!" she explained, forgoing her stand a leader to her Family and instead fell into the comfortable role of a lone, eager wolf.

"As fortune would have it..." she continued in a mirthful tune, "there is a cache not far from here that we use to dry the meat. It is just a little ways, I assure you... and the stock is worth the travel." Or so she hoped, as an afterthought. Knowing well the appetite of the Family's smaller members, it wouldn't have surprised her if she lead this male to their reserve only to find it was nearly all eaten... or in the process of being eaten. But if that were the unfortunate case there were plenty more places to find a prepared meal, or if there was the trail of game nearby, perhaps a hunt would go underway.

Humbly the she-wolf dipped her head before addressing the traveler, doing well to keep her tone rather modest and light as she attempted to lead him away. "Please... come with me." And trusting their little agreement would encourage him to comply, she leapt back upon the protruding stone then vaulted to its neighbor quite the span away. Truly, it was unnecessary to travel atop the stones as she did, but there was a kind of playful bliss in doing so. Though the uneven surface grated her paws, she still continued to leap from one to another til the overgrowth of the land made it difficult to plan her next bound and she was inevitably placed on solid ground again.

From there she led him toward the glistening distant lake, just out of reach of its brilliance but near enough to see its reflection of the sun. Swiftly she turned from the beckoning light and led them toward a densely made den of earth, stone and twigs. The scent of meat was strong around it, but so was the collective scent of the Family that marked it as theirs. Hopefully there would be enough to fill one, if not both bellies this afternoon. But so long as the story-teller's was filled, she was fine.

384 words.

[/html]
OOC: oks :3 but Pendzez is too modest Tongue

He was slightly amused by how the female reacted to his agreement to the trade. He again let out a chuckle as it reminded him on how Delwyn would act when he heard of something exciting. Oh, how he missed his children. Delwyn's playful and excited personality, Carwyn's calm, yet timid and shy demeanor, and Xion's tomboy attitude. It was a blessing to be the father of those three.

He heard her speak of a food cache that contains dry meat, which got him keen more. It sounded like there was stock of the stuff in which he could take. Yet, he wouldn't take it all, he would only take what he needs. "Well, I shall only take what I need." He has taken to eating conservatively, which means less on his travel, but does stock up from packs that he comes upon, if they were willing to let him take what he desires.

As the female removed herself from the rock a gestured the male to follow her, he did so politely. He followed her closely at about seven or eight feet. He looked over to find a lake, in which they were approaching. It looked beautiful, and the ringing clang of the rings make it more ambient.

As they got closer to the lake, his nose picked up the scent of meat, something that smelt so sweet to his nostrils. Eventually, he was infront of a den, which the scent seemed the strongest. Yet, not only he could smell the meat, he picked up a foreign scent, somewhat similar to the female's. "I take it you're not the only one that resides here?"
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ecrets.png); background-color:#C77133; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: She's referring to the Wentworth Valley where Ichika no Ho-en used to be. And I'm sorry about the shortness :c These posts will get longer!

X’yrin was quite attuned to courtesy, usually when it was she offering it to others. But when it was presented to her, she wouldn’t have noticed had it not been pointed out. In seeing her afternoon companion not yet eating, she assumed that perhaps the meat was not desirable. A particular pallet might have turned him from the food as far as she knew, but was too conscious of another’s feelings to simply ask, fearing she would somehow cause offense. And she certainly did not want to deprive herself of a story or the male of a potential meal due to her inconsideration.

So she left the decision to him, whether he would take a bite for himself or voice that the meal was inadequate and perhaps demand something other. In the meantime, she made herself comfortable beside the opening on the small den and replied with a mild tone. “Oh, there certainly are others. A whole Family… and we have only just taken residence here from the Valley to the East.”

000 words.

[/html]
OOC: lol its ok :3

He was in the mouth of the den, seeing the meat that there was that was showing in the light. He looked to the female as she made herself comfortable near the opening of the den. Since she was offering the meat, he did well not to offend her by denying her offer. He took some meat and slowly ate some. He didn't want her to feel like he was shunning her offer.

He sat next to her, chewing at the meat in a modest manner, not to look like he was being piggy. He actually rather enjoyed the taste of the meat, tasting sweet and sup to his tongue. He also took time to take in the scent of the meat that was left in the den, savoring the scent that he had missed from so long ago. The meat he had during his journey was different from this kind.

"Mmm, this is rather tasty. Thank you, X'yrin," he complimented after he finished his first piece then took another piece into his mouth, chewing on that.

He looked down to the other pieces of meat he had in his hand, he offered it to the female, in case she was hungry too. He swallowed the second piece and asked, "Hungry?"
[html]

ooc:

Her muzzle was adorned with a contented smile as she witnessed the take of her part of the exchange. One might find it odd that she took pleasure in sharing with a complete stranger, but it was the teaching of her culture that made this so. Stories were a gift, for they spoke of experiences had when other could not and shared an insight into a life led along a whole different path. They provided information and wisdom one could take to heart, and even the stories meant to entertain held their place of importance. She was raised never to pass an opportunity for a tale.

When asked about her own status the she-wolf smiled and shook her head, politely declining the kind offer. “No thank you… I do not need to eat as often,” passively, she gestured with a nod of her crown toward the neighboring mountain. “Most of the meat I hunt goes to two ever hungry bellies with only a little left for myself.” There was no complaint in her tone, only a maternal happiness in carrying for her adopted brood. “Between the two of them, it is a wonder we are able to fill the caches at all… and keep them stocked!” But she was quite confident that in due time the pair would be able to hunt efficiently, something other than small game to help provide for the Family as they grew to understand its importance. Until then, she was fine to adapt to this lean lifestyle so long as it meant the siblings were well fed and healthy.

000 words.

[/html]
He removed his paw from her space as he took another piece of meat, again savoring the taste of the sweet prepared sustenance. He was intrigued to know how the female supplies for her children and herself, yet keep the stocks up. Though, he went through the same situation similar to that, especially when he was living with the Phoenix Valley pack before he departed.

The female mentioned that he lives on less since there were children to feed. She was making a thoughtful and willing sacrifice of nourishment so her young could feed. To be honest, he kind of noticed that due to her lean physique. He kept quiet in case she would feel offended. Besides, he was a gentleman. He knew what to say and what to keep in silence.

She mentioned on how she feeds two bellies and keeps food stocked up. It was intriguing, but maybe he could offer some assistance. Finishing his third piece, he said, "Well, if it's ok with you, maybe i could stick around and help keep stock up. I'm familiar with this land and I could bring in some extra meat." He went on to his last piece of meat, chewing on that eagerly.

He finished and swallowed the last piece of the meat, and looked to X'yrin. "So, China. What do you want to know?"
[html]

ooc: XD She's a kid at Christmas...

To the wandering eye, very swift and judgmental on first glance, the woman might have looked utterly gullible in her response when the traveler offered his aid. However, she was anything but and believed herself particularly versed when it came to hints of deception in others. She could rise happily now with maw parted in a smile and tail high and wagging because she sensed nothing from him other than a kind aura. “That would be wonderful!” she exclaimed, forgoing any kind of consideration towards personal space and gave Pendez a friendly lick beneath the jaw. “Our Family still have a little ways to go before we can sustain ourselves, but whatever help that it offered is certainly appreciated. And of course, not without an exchange.”

The ancestors were truly kind during the Family’s troubled times. For the second time they had offered them aid in the form of a generous spirit. Such blessings were a kind reminder that while the woman’s personal wishes could not be fulfilled upon her request, her desires to help the prosperity of the Family were not lost on their ears. They still watched over the earthbound creatures, and she was glad for this.

But first, the present exchange between the wanderer and Nomad had yet to reach its completion. She found her place again beside the opening of the den and patiently waited for her guest to have his fill. The duration of time did not matter since she was patient and her excitement for the tale of a foreign land did not wane. When asked what she cared to hear, the words burst from her mouth almost instantly. “What does the land look like? Does it have mountains? Are their rolling hills? Or are the lands flat and endless? What of the prey there? Are they plentiful? A challenge…?”

306 words.

[/html]
OOC: XP Oh, this is how he saw China too X3

He looked at the female as she emitted an excited reaction. He chuckled, again it reminded him of his children once more. Yet, he felt that he might have been over stepping his boundaries. They only only just met each other and he was already offering help. It was rather surprising that the female actually found it a wondrous idea. She even explained about the young still having a while left before they can actually sustain themselves. So, he was in the clear. "Well, its a agreed then," he said with a warming smile.

He saw it as the spirits being kind to this creature and her family, in the form of the white male. The spirits had done many grateful favors for the male, coming in the forms of creatures and critters that offered their guidance and/or assistance. Now, it was time that he returned the favor, by being the spirits in the form of the white male.

Now, the subject had change the land of China. Just after he asked the question as to what she wished to know about the land, a bombardment of questions was sent his way. When the questions stopped, he was rather startled, but hid that with a kind smile.

"China is beautiful and large. There are many cities, both modern and ancient. When there weren't cities, there were great stretches of bountiful grass plains and forests, where the wildlife roam. Mountains tower high, surrounded by barren fields. A great wall stretches far as the eye could see, made of impregnable stone. The critters are many, some easy that you could catch one with just your hand and others so challenging, you need a team of wolves."
[html]

ooc:

She tried her hardest to keep still as her guest began his description of the land he'd travelled to. The wild imagination of a wanderer took her to these vast fields and she envisioned them encompassed by this 'great wall'. No doubt a remnant of the extinct culture... or perhaps China was heavily inhabited that wolves and other sentient beings could have erected this wall to keep their territory in and intruders out. It was fascinating to think about!

And the hunting...

Her large golden form wiggled excitedly at the thought of game, however broad the description. Needing a family to take down a single prey was enough to excite her with the possibilities of its size, its shape, its will. "... how luck you were... and still are for having experienced such wonderful things," swooned by the alluring descriptions of a land far away, she sighed longingly still with an elated touch on her muzzle. "If there was prey as large as you say, then no pack would go hungry... and the bonds shared between the family and its hunters would be unbreakably strong. All others would pale in comparison."

Lost in her own imaginings, she was quickly brought back to the present by the lack of a masculine voice meant to be divulging a story. "Oh!" she jerked visibly in place. "I am sorry, please continue, my friend. What else do you recall of China?"

000 words.

[/html]
OOC: oh god, i'm so sorry Tongue

As he gazed at the female, he saw that she was in delight to hear his story, or at least a part of it about the land and the giant wall. He had to be amazed as well. The wall was so big, so thick and so long, the humans as indeed a great taste of protection. Yet, he also noticed some bones mixed into the rocks cemented in the wall. The bones were of any wolf or canine, but was human. What barbarian human would allow human remains be stuck in an impregnable wall?

Yet, he didn't linger on the thought for long, as the wolfess commented on the prey he described. He merely smiles warmly as the female went babbling. He was only being kind and didn't want her to feel uncomfortable or embarrassed.

As she became calm and gestured the male to continue, he merely smiled again and continued. "Well, I am familiar with some of China's history. From what I recall, human lords raised armies to conquer all the provinces of China. There were many wars in the land. It was refered as The Unification of China."
[html]

ooc:

She was still much enthralled with the tales of his travels but it was only partially that she listened to his talk of the human lords. Anything pertaining to the deceased species she could do without hearing, or having any relation to whatsoever. But then this blind dislike what a double-edged sword, especially when one of her forms allowed for the use of human-like items and materials. And she could not deny its advantageous uses, but only to satisfy the work of tending to human-like tasks.

None the less she turned her nose however subtly from the male as he talked of the Unification of China but kept him under a soft, watchful eye should her behavior prove offensive. “Did you witness any battles there?” she offered in the hopes he would overlook her shun of ‘human’ talk and continue on with the wonders of this distant land. “Were there confrontations between packs? Or was this place peaceful… without quarrel?”

000 words.

[/html]