Great Expeditions
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Word Count → ### :: OOC words here.

Zeitgeist had easily lied and cheated his way onto the ship that had set sail for the other side of the world. It hadn't been without its problems though. There had been unexpected dockings to fix whatever mishaps had arisen. Zeitgeist had taken those delays in stride, going as far as to barter out his body in order to get passage on the next ship that was to leave port. The male simply had this strong urge to head out west. He had no concern for the savages that most likely roamed freely about. He had heard stories of how proper civilizations were lacking and yet he still desired to see it himself.

Months after he had first set out the male had finally made it to the docks of Freetown. It varied from what he was used to in Europe but proved to be busier than he had originally anticipated. Having found himself to miss the bustle of life in a port and the sport of negotiating for the best deal Zeitgeist ended up staying in Freetown longer than had been planned at first.

Through just the simple practice of throwing his voice he had managed to trade a couple of squirrels that he had found skittering about for a bird that could truly talk. Actual companionship and conversation was something else that he had come to miss on the long boat ride across the ocean.

So after spending a few weeks in Freetown did Zeitgeist finally move on. He had place to see after all. So with his newest acquisitions and the possessions that he had traveled over with Zeitgeist had finally set out on his way towards marked destinations. Freetown had already been hit so that left New Brunswick and Nova Scotia to go.

It had taken him days on foot to reach the hilly area in which he currently found himself. Of course he had expected as much and such was why he had felt compelled to get the avian companion. He had a pup with hi, as well so he wasn't lacking in those whom he could converse with. The conversations were nothing that would really stimulate one's mind but still it was interactions.

Zeitgeist had settled down at the crest of a hill for a rest as well as a peek around the area. With the light of the afternoon sun shining down upon him he found himself pulling out his old map from a pocket of his vest once again. A tender claw caressed the circled words of New Brunswick. He had finally made it but he had no idea what it was that he was really hoping to find over on this side of the world.

And if you're ever around, in the city or the suburbs, of this town,
Be sure to come around, I'll be wallowing in sorrow, wearing a frown,
like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... e+A+Sister);
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zz-01-cai p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

WC:: 546 I am open to any plot ideas, light pp, etc. Just hit me up on AIM or PM me...you can also find me in chat most of the time.

It had been two weeks since Palaydrian ventured into unknown territory and found New Dawn’s borders, 5 days since her run in with the rabbit trap and Ahiga, and 2 days past her run in with Jiva’s potential lover. Needless to say, the tawny gold wolf had more than enough on her plate already and she hadn’t even met all of her new pack mates yet! After her run in with Jiva, Zalen, and Emma, the girl needed another break from the packlands. She had lingered around the lands a few hours after, but her head was spinning with the thought of potential love triangle brewing.

Drin had been exploring the northwestern territories hugging New Dawn borders and a little bit further for the past two days. A part of her itched to retrace her steps back to her old homelands, but she was mature enough to recognize that it was the irrationally scared child in her that was making her stir crazy. The past two days of clearing her head had borne into her the confidence she needed to stand her ground in New Dawn with or without Jiva. She wasn’t going to allow another female to run her off her own lands again. And though her heart ached for the red-furred wolf, she was prepared for the worst. The pessimism she had grown accustomed to on her journey to the fabled Bleeding Souls lands hadn’t released its chokehold on her yet.

The early afternoon found Drin laying out in the grass belly up to the sky. The Siamese coated wolf had taken a dip in the bay earlier and was thawing out the chill in her limbs and drying off her freshly washed bandages. She was wrestling with the idea of turning back toward New Dawn today or journeying further. She ultimately chose to explore the highlands more after she shifted back into her optime form to wrap the sundried bandages around her right wrist. She was no medic, but she was happy with the work she managed with her left hand. “Just a few more days,” she said to herself as she gently explored the range of motion in her injured wrist.

Choosing to stay in her optime form, a rarity as she was still self conscious about it, the tawny gold femme pushed herself off the ground with her good paw and continued heading west. Drin hadn’t traveled far when her keen nose alerted her to the presence of someone new. She hesitated, muzzle pointed upward tasting the air. The stranger didn’t smell like wolf or coyote, perhaps this was a different canine hybrid she had only heard stories about. Instincts called for her to shift back to her natural state, but movement from the far top of the hill caught her eye.

No use shifting now as she was in some sort of small valley and her movements could be easily tracked. Drin still approached with caution as the stranger seemed to be occupied. If she remained downwind she’d still have some sort of element of surprise, but a sunny day is never sans wind in the highlands and soon enough her scent would carry over to the canine.

Table Credit to Cait and Code Credit to Mel <3.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#plyarin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#plyarin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#plyarin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#plyarin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:95%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PsPWu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 103px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Word Count → ### :: I'm up for pretty much anything as well. Right now I've got no plans except to get Z into Salsola but that will take a bit so I'm pretty much free for whatever. And I really have to say that I love the openings you left in your post about visibility and scent as I'm not the sort to really assume things if they aren't in the post and I haven't really played with/talked to the person before because I don't like potentially stepping on toes. Also thanks for jumping into the thread since I tend to fret about open threads getting ignored so I was pleasantly surprised about how quickly this got snatched up. Ph, and sorry for the waist as the library is closed Sundays so I'm unable to get on to do anything on that day.

Ever since Z had obtained the map it had been the one constant in his life. Granted he had only obtained it after having been abandoned but that was just the way of things. There was nothing that he could do to change what had happened and so the male simply had to forge ahead. Certainly there were unanswered questions but what life was without them? Rather than being upset he still thought fondly of the canine which had left him the map. The remembrance of the stories that were shared as they had sat together and pondered this scrap of paper still brought a smile to his lips and a wag to his tail. There was a part of his mind that imagined that the previous owner of this map had marked it just to act as a guide for him, telling Z of the places to head to next.

Zeitgeist was pulled out of his reverie by the voice of the pup that was accompanying him. But no, that wasn't exactly true. The boy wasn't truly a pup anymore, being past the age of his first shift and all, but it didn't stop Z from thinking about him in such a way. Zeitgeist folded up his map and placed it back into a vest pocket before looking in the direction that Guillotine was pointing.

Zeitgeist lifted a hand to his brow in order to shield his gaze from the sun as a shifting wind brought him the scent of the female. Z lifted Ptolemy, the African Grey, from his shoulder as the bird had decided it would be a good idea to peck at Z's hat since the action caused the bells to jingle. The male handed off the bird to the boy. "Stay here with Ptolemy, you can take notes." The words had barely finished leaving his lips before Zeitgeist was up and picking his way down the rocky hillside, his eyes never leaving the female.

Once he finally got down to where the female was Z had made to reach for her hand and had even bowed his head as he had thought to lick the back of it in greeting. Of course this course of action hadn't come to pass as he had ended up noticing the bandaging which had Zeitgeist pausing in the midst of his ministrations. "Pardon my rudeness, Signora, but my I inquire as to what malady has befallen to cause such travesty?" The male's voice was laced with the accent of his homeland, Italy, as he slowly drew his gaze back up to the female's face. "I've not brought much with me but most certainly it should be enough to keep such a lovely canine such as yourself from becoming a pauper."

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

WC:: 4+ Haha thank you! I like to keep things open to give people I RP with options. Smile I was so fascinated with your character bio and whatnot I knew I wanted to jump in on one of your threads and I saw your first one was AW so I was like BAM! The info on Guillotine is great! Poor guy! Drin is such a noob when it comes to being Luperci/she is still very much so sheltered so Zei can pretty much say anything to her and she’d most likely believe it. She’s an innocent, so have fun! Tongue

Palaydrian’s blonde hair highlighted with warm greys and chocolate hues whipped around her visage as she slowly made her approach towards the hill. Damn, so much for trying to stay downwind, the female cursed lightly under her breath as her seal point hands tried to battle her wavy tresses to keep them out of her face. She managed to gather her to the left and twisted it over her shoulder as she walked. As she grew closer she realized the stranger on the hill was wearing some sort of garment and a hat with...was that bells? The jangling carried over to her in the breeze. A small smile played on her lips as her curiosity grew. What kind of canine was this?

Her bi-colored eyes discovered that the stranger she had seen from afar was not alone and in fact had a smaller companion with a similar hat and a bird in his company. He was getting up and coming towards her now! Drin continued walking forward as the male made his way down the hill. Friendly enough, she mused as the stranger posed no sign of threat yet. Naturally she should’ve been more on guard, but everyone she had met so far in the Souls lands had been pleasant for the most part.

She immediately noticed that this canine looked nothing like the wolfdogs or hybrids she had come in contact with. She was curious about his bloodline, but didn’t want to come off as being a completely naive girl. This was the first dog she’d seen wearing forms of human clothes and a collar no less. These were things she had never seen before nor imagined wearing herself, but it was the stranger’s accent that truly grabbed her attention. And what he flirting?

Drin blushed despite herself and shyly turned her body to the side much like a schoolgirl pulling her gaze away from the dappled male’s grey eyes and to the ground. When she got over her slight embarrassment she looked back up into his silver eyes. “You are too bold Sir and you flatter me,” she giggled before continuing on, “but as for my wrist...well this was from my own clumsiness and undoing.” Drin shook her head allowing her long hair its freedom again, “I stupidly got snagged in a rabbit trap, can you believe it!” Her laughing filled the small valley.

After her small fit of giggles, Drin offered the stranger a smile and introduced herself. “My name is Palaydrian Soul, I see you travel with friends?” She asked gesturing towards the hill with her snout.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
#plyarin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#plyarin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#plyarin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:95%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PsPWu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 103px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → ### :: You're welcome.. I totally understand that. Heh, thanks hun but I can't take credit for it. Alaine was the one to actually write it up and all I did was provide the concept. Guillotine was made by J as he intends on picking up the charatcer when he can. I'm already having fun actually.

Zeitgeist was used to all manners of creatures. He liked to imagine that he had seen every type of canine that it was possible to see throughout his travels and his life living in port cities. He had to say that he was used to seeing new faces at every turn. After all, living in a port meant it was just a resting place between stops for the most part. He had seen so many come and go, even having done so himself. While he had yet to actually travel all over, though perhaps some day he would, he was still satisfied with where he had been and what he had experienced thus far in his life. He could even say that there were times when he felt accomplished even if he had nothing to show for his time spent living in this world.

"Ah, so I've been told." His countenance was one of joviality. How could he be upset over something that he heard so often? It was the way that he presented himself and he had no issue with it. Certainly he could change on a whim. It was all about reading the subtly in others. Body language was a strong indicator and Z liked to think he had mastered how to read it. He knew his words had hit their mark before the female had chanced to speak and assure him of that. Zeitgeist was no stranger to that whole shyly glancing about thing. He hadn't been in the slightest offended when she had turned away from him. Why should he when it showed that he had picked exactly the right words to use?

Zeitgeist smiled patiently as the female had explained what had happened to her. He made to reach for the female again, this time not going for her hand but he had slowly lifted both of his hands to reach for her hair instead. "I have something for this if you want it." The words were murmured out as he had reached for her hair to try and gather it up in his hands in order to bring it away from her face. Of course he had kept his movements intentionally slow so that she could track his every moment and see what it was that he had in mind to do. And well, it also gave her plenty of opportunity to deflect his advances and cause him to desist should that be her choosing.

Remembering her words once again Zeitgeist made to pin his gaze upon hers, seeking to look deep into her own eyes as if he was trying to peer into her soul. "Tis such a pity. You really should have saved such dangerous work for the strong, handsome man that you have waiting at home for you." Even though the words were spoken as a statement they could have easily been a question witht he way that he fished around for information by stating an obvious opinion and then waiting for her to choose whether or not to confirm or deny it.

When the pair that he was with was brought up did Zeitgeist finally make to look away from the female in order to glanced in their direction. He knew already that he was being watched and offered up a smile to them before focusing on Palaydrian once again. His tongue slipped out in order to lick at his lips for a brief moment before he was speaking up once again. "The boy is Guillotine, he's been with me since I purchased his freedom. With him is Ptolemy, the bird that we just acquired in Freetown for his ability to speak. And I am Zeitgeist, not really much to say about myself."

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Woot for premade characters! Tongue

Word Count → 400+

The ocean eyed girl studied the stranger now that she was up close. Her head cocked to the side at the appearance of his jester’s hat and the vest. She couldn’t imagine wearing humanized clothing herself, but somehow it fit the bent eared dog. She wasn’t sure if it was just the fact that she felt more comfortable around males or not, but Drin was already liking the company of the accented canine. She had never seen such beautiful dappled fur before and couldn’t help but wonder where this alien had come from.

The golden fae liked the dog’s accent. Something about it put her at ease, and she assumed this was something that came naturally to the male. His confidence and nonchalant mannerisms were both charming and alluring and she was easily falling under the spell he must’ve casted a thousand times over her sex. She smiled at his response and blushed an even deeper hue of rose when he reached forward to tackle her unruly waves.

Drin gave a soft laugh as she allowed him to gather her long locks and tie them to the side. Her gloved hands automatically drifted upward to play with her soft tendrils, curling them now and then around her fingers. “Thank you,” she purred as his voice caressed her ears. His grey eyes locked with hers in a stolen moment of intimacy that caused her heart to flutter, but the stranger’s mentioning of a supposed man back home knocked her out of her daze. A flash of hurt emotion played over her delicate features as she dropped her gaze from his and stared down at the ground.

One foot stockinged and the other bare stared back at her, offering no good answer to his statement. Drin tried to casually shrug off the suggestion and made an effort to meet the cock-eared dogs stare again just as his attention turned back to his troupe. She was grateful for the brief intermission as she was able to harness her emotions once more. The golden fae had never heard of Freetown and the concept of purchasing a bird or one’s freedom was completely foreign to her. The surprise was apparent on her face as embarrassment crept back up to her cheeks. There was a lot she needed to learn.

I’d beg to differ Zeitgeist, what is this Freetown place you speak of? And I don’t understand why freedom had to be bought...aren’t we all free?” She asked, honestly sheltered from such a thing as slavery. “And your accent, I’ve never heard anything like it before. Surely you have stories of where you’ve come from?” She suggested, curiosity now piqued for the chance to learn everything she could about the mysterious traveler.

Table credit goes to Raze! <3.

<style>
.drinwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mpbJy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c8b284; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:415px 0px 5px 0px; color:#6e6249; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.drinwolf b {color:#9ff1c5; text-shadow:#6e6249 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinwolf p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.drinwolf p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.drinwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #fff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → ### :: Heh, yes yes! Specially since I have issues coming up with appearances.

Ah yes, Zeitgeist was much used to being fawned over. It wasn't always by the opposite sex either but had his fair share of guys that he had easily wrapped about his finger as well. Granted that number had risen once he had gotten comfortable in his own skin and learned not to fret about his sexuality but had learned to accept it instead. He had already been confident in his abilities prior to that but afterwards he simply excelled beyond his own expectations of himself.

As he wasn't being stopped or shoved away Zeitgeist had removed the leather strip from his own hair so that he could tie up the female's hair with it instead. His own hair proved that it could be just as unruly as her own as the waves fell about his shoulders now that they were no longer tied back. Zeitgeist smiled and dropped his hands after he had her hair tied up. "There, better now?" At least he had figured that she had tired of trying to tame it on her own. That had been the whole purpose of him tying up her hair as he knew just how tiring it could get to shove hair away from one's face constantly, most especially on windy days.

The brief moment of hurt that the female had felt came as unexpected to him. His brow furrowed with momentary concern as he reached up his fingers to gently smooth them over her cheek should she allow for such a thing. "Do not fret. He left me. While it is true enough that when I left England I harbored a hope that I might run into him again, simply because he is a good friend. Only a friend." There had been times that Zeitgeist had wished for more but he had never pushed the subject. He would flirt with and tease Sirius but it had never gone past that. Z had learned early on that Sirius liked beautiful things and well, since nothing had ever transpired between them it had left Zeitgeist to believe he wasn't a beautiful thing even if the dog could trap the attention and affections of others.

"Well Freetown is back to the South. It is wonderful if you enjoy crowds and loud voices." The male reached a hand into his vest pocket to pull out the map that he had been so fondly pondering earlier upon the hill. The map was turned in the female's direction and he pointed out the circled name of Freetown. "It is the port where the ship I was on docked out and how I came to be over this way. It also acts as a market where ships bring over various wares to trade and barter for things that are found over here. About anything that you could want or desire can be found there for the right price." Zeitgeist briefly explained the purpose of the place. After being at sea for so long he had enjoyed the place greatly. If he had known that none would be found to the North then he would have stayed there longer than he already had.

Zeitgeist shrugged as he thought over how to answer the other part of the question. "Some are and some aren't. Some are born free and later captured or there is a debt to be paid and so servitude is the price of that debt and then there are those that are born knowing nothing else. I'm uncertain how Guillotine came to be a slave himself but I purchased him when I saw him being mistreated. The guy that owned him would trip him so that Guillotine was forced to spill the food and then would be punished for spilling the food. It wasn't right and I couldn't allow it to continue on. Back then I had quite the treasury but I left that behind to come here." He couldn't say the exact reason that he had left but that it hadn't been fun living over there any longer. Of course now he pined for it, or at least the ease in which he could obtain things.

The male chuckled as his accent was brought up. "Italian." He spoke with a smile and a nod of his head. "I've been told that it is a beautiful language but not as beautiful as French. Unfortunately I've yet to make the trip to France to find out for myself. So I was born in Italy and lived there before finally setting out to England where I made a name for myself. And well, now I'm here and will just have to see what happens. But I've just been spending all of this time talking about myself, what about you?" Zeitgeist sat down on the ground and patted the spot next to him in order to invite the female to join him. The conversation was flowing easily enough and seemed as if it would be a long one Zeitgeist had decided to get comfortable so that he might enjoy it. After all he had no clue when he again would be able to speak like this with another.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

TLBig GrinR She tells him a bit of her life story/sheds light on why she would be so sheltered. Tongue Sorry I got carried away fleshing out her past.

Word Count → 1000+

The bicolored ocean eyed femme allowed the stranger’s hand to caress her cheek. Such a small touch of affection was enough to almost make her cry, but she closed her eyes to stave off the threatening moisture. How she had longed for Jiva’s touch again, but with the surprise appearance of the coywolf, she wasn’t sure if he had the same feelings for her. Her eyes fluttered open upon Zeitgeist’s reply. He too felt at a loss for another. Drin gave him a shaky smile and nodded, now the two shared a common ache. She was smart enough to decipher the longing in the dappled dog’s eyes, but she allowed him to keep his secret. Is Jiva just a friend?

The question would remain unanswered for now, as the world traveler began offering her incite on lands she had yet to see. Freetown sounded like a fantasy. Drin knew there were others who loved their optime forms and preferred it over their four legged personas, but she couldn’t imagine a whole community of weres just walking around and going about their business as if they were humans. The Siamese femme hadn’t noticed that her maw was drifting open in wonder. Though the port he spoke of frightened her, the tale of it was so alluring. The young wolf knew she would have to drink this town in with her own eyes to truly understand its charm. “Amazing...” was all she could muster as she tried to wrap her head around his words.

Anger replaced the past sadness in her ocean eyes as Zeitgeist tried his best to give the wolf answers on slavery. The thought of purchasing one’s freedom made her feel sick. The young Soul couldn’t believe there were creatures out that traded other beings and made money off of them. This new found rage threatened to break her usual pleasant demeanor, but she clenched her fists at her sides instead and shook her head in disbelief. “Guillotine has found a true friend in you,” she commented. “I could never stand by and allow such an injustice to happen...the world is so different from where you have come from, I’m not sure I like the sounds of it,” she admitted, but not with the intentions of hurting him.

All these places you have mentioned...they are foreign to me,” she shrugged, but her curiosity was far from sated. Drin sat down next to her new found acquaintance and stroked the grass idly with her gloved hands. “Italy, England, France...they sound like a whole different lifetime, if that makes sense?” She gave a soft laugh through her nares before continuing. “You probably think it, what’s the word....savage? This land here...everything in it,” she glanced to the side at him curious of his reaction when she casually gestured to herself.

For example, you are the first canine I have seen to don fabric,” she did not know the words to describe his vest or hat. “I hail from a place a few weeks travel north from here. I was born in a wolfpack in what I suppose the creatures around here would call the wilds,” the words came easily to her after being so long carried in her head. Zeitgeist would be the first to hear about her upbringing. “My family was the only bloodline in our pack to carry the virus Luperci. We were discriminated against in a pack that valued tradition and the old ways above all else...and my father who did not carry the gene, was the only one in my family to ascend the hierarchy in the pack. His voice on the council of elders and the respect he received was the only thing that kept us safe,” Drin sighed, remembering the hardships of growing up and the trials Tyris had gone through to win the acceptance of his family.

Izrian had infected her pups when they were born, just as she had been infected from her mother Fawn. It was in their blood, ever since Syliat had bitten her to share the gift. “My grandfather, Sufyx, paid dearly to have my grandmother accepted. Fawn had been the initial bearer of Luperci...and they feared her, because they didn’t understand.” Drin thought of what Syliat had told her, “their blind ignorance eventually oppressed us, and we were not permitted to shift. I think they thought Fawn could infect them all...but that’s hardly the case. Sufyx fell from the elder council to what is considered the pack’s punching bag, the Omega,” she frowned at this, still in disbelief that this had all happened before her time. “He was accidently killed in a pack hunt before his only daughter, my mother, was grown.” Syliat had hardened the young wolf’s heart to this, and she had always known the truth, but never spoke to her her grandmother about it. Old wounds had never healed, and the sadness was etched in Fawn’s face.

When my mother became eligible, Fawn was afraid she would never find a mate. Fortunately, Tyris, son of a gamma within the pack had found a soulmate in my mom and quickly took her and my grandmother under his wing,” she smiled thinking about her father and his love for Izrian. “His influence and well-earned leadership became our freedom, and eventually I think they forgot our differences, as the other pups in my pack were allowed to play with my brother’s and I, ” she shook her head and laughed. “So you see...you come from a place where being humanized is welcomed, but my past has always been a struggle to carry such a burden in a land where the wild is still untouched by all this,” she gestured towards his clothing once more, and all around them.

Here you can be on two-legs freely and nobody worries about whether or not you’ll bite,” she grinned. “I’m still not used to being in this form...I almost feel as if it’s taboo,” she looked down at her large paws that had eventually drifted to her lap.

<style>
.drinwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mpbJy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c8b284; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:415px 0px 5px 0px; color:#6e6249; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.drinwolf b {color:#9ff1c5; text-shadow:#6e6249 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #fff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → ### :: That is completely fine hun. I don't mind reading it at all.

The longing was entirely his fault. Even though Zeitgeist had been assured that lust for the same gender wasn't a shortcoming he had never expressed how he felt about his friend to him. He had always squelched his desires when he had been in Sirius's company. And then when he could no longer stand being it Zeitgeist would go out and find someone else to spend the night with, having made the mistake of calling out for his friend once he had found satisfaction in the embrace of another. But never had he told the one that pined for such things. When he was around Sirius practically every day Zeitgeist had written off as only wanting what he couldn't have, not really something unusual with him. It was when the other was no longer around did the dog realize that the ache ran deeper than that. He didn't know if he would call it love but it was definitely longing and desire.

Zeitgeist found himself chuckling at her expression. He knew that he had worn that same expression himself a time or two during his travels. After all London was entirely different than Rome had been and of course Rome differed from Naples. Now that he was across the ocean everything was completely different from the way that he was used to living. It was all still so otherworldly to him. He had no clue that there were those that could live like this, not to mention them being happy to live like this. It was all just so odd for him. There were most definitely new skills that he would have to pick up if he were going to survive out this way. The way he acquired food would be one of them as he had never had the need to hunt before when he could easily eat a meal that he got off someone else.

Zeitgeist Glanced up to where Guillotine was as the boy was spoken about. "Admittedly I've always had a soft spot for the younger ones. I call him a boy but that isn't so. At any point he could leave me and venture off on his own. I only hope that I did enough to prepare him for when that time comes." Not that he had discussed the prospect of separation with Guillotine. Z had no clue what he would do once Guillotine decided that he was tired of following the older male around. Sure, the smaller male didn't provide conversation but Zeitgeist still cared deeply for him.

Slowly Zeitgeist drew his gaze back to the female as she spoke up again. "There is the good along with the bad as I'm certain is the way things are here as well." Zeitgeist was finding one thing after another that he wasn't fond of an this side of the world. Such as the distance he traveled before he had found someone to talk to. And with that it was only one being rather than there being a multitude of new faces to have run into. Zeitgeist couldn't say he was fond of how quiet and open and well, the way wilderness ruled everything on this side of the world. It was completely different from where his comforts lay.

The male gave a nod of his head as the female spoke to him. He felt to have traveled back in time when he had come over here. Zeitgeist played with the grass as well, plucking a blade from the ground to hold it between his thumbs and blow upon it to make it whistle. The act had been a child's game from his youth. Blades of grass had been plucked from the cracks in the streets by whatever pup was lucky enough to stumble upon it. But here the grass ran rampant and of course the game lacked the same appeal when the source of entertainment was so abundant. But he didn't have the time to mull over such thoughts as he was actually caught by surprise. He was usually so composed and collected but not this time. The surprise was so easy to read upon him and had even caused him to lose the blade of grass taht he had been playing with. "Well, yeah..." He responded meekly and cast his gaze quickly to the ground to hide the embarrassment that he suddenly felt. "I mean you seem okay and all but just the way things are over here." He spoke quickly, tripping over what he meant to say. "It is just so... open... with nature everywhere. And there is no one around. I'm not used to it. Where I'm from you can run into a few other at any given time. But here, it took days before I happened across you." He had no idea how she had gotten into his head and accessed exactly what it was that he had been thinking. He didn't think he had used the words himself. So it had really through himself off to have his thoughts read as he wasn't accustomed to being so transparent.

"I can't say that I know of anyone who isn't like this." Zeitgeist shrugged, meaning who could name none that weren't Luperci. "To find someone without the virus is a rare occurrence and is frowned upon by some. As for the attire while I find parts amusing." He paused there to motion to the hat, reaching up to jingle one of the bells. "Other than that there is practicality." He pulled items from the pockets of his vest, a large metal coin and a shiny stone that he rather liked. Of course there were other small items but he wasn't about to take everything out. Instead he put back everything, the map included, when it had all had a chance to be glanced upon.

"I doubt it will mean much but I must admit that I am rather fond of your form. It's beautiful." Zeitgeist glanced up at the female briefly before he seemed to become immensely interested in studying the blades of grass. He wasn't even certain if his assessment would even be welcomed after everything that he had already admitted to. He hadn't had such a heart to heart since he had sat with Sirius back in England.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 600+

His playing with the blade of grass didn’t go unnoticed by the angel. She thought it rather odd, but he probably had a few funny thoughts about her as well. Still the tawny gold femme gave a small chuckle when the stalks of grass he had picked emitted a whistling noise. So strange...and yet, she liked his company. Sometimes an unfamiliar face was refreshing and Drin was a sociable wolf at heart. Her past few days of wondering had been vacant, just as he was suggesting his own journey had been in the ‘Souls lands. She knew these lands were unclaimed, so the canine would yet spend a few more days traveling back the way she came until he ran into someone new. She decided if he asked, she would show him the way.

Palaydrian didn’t expect such a surprised reaction from the dappled dog, but she smiled back at him nonetheless, especially at his comment of how she seemed “okay”. Drin had assumed the world traveler had seen his fair share of the wilds in other places, but then again, assumptions never really got her anywhere. Maybe she had been right all along, and there were places where all the canines dressed in fabrics like this one. Trading, living in humanized domains, sailing, really anything she could think of or imagined existed in these separate worlds. Drin was beginning to think her little patch of earth was perhaps the last frontier where wolves, coyotes, and hybrids still clung violently onto the ways of the old. Zeitgeist’s world had definitely moved on...would they?

Drin nodded when the male admitted he had yet to meet someone who wasn’t Luperci. The only beasts who hadn’t possessed the virus were her old pack mates, but almost everyone she had encountered here had the gift of walking on two legs. This was the norm, but she knew her homelands would probably remained untouched for quite some time. The ocean eyed lady tried to picture herself donning the same outfit Z had on. It brought a silly image up in her mind, it just wouldn’t feel natural to her. Yet, she and the others in the lands that prefer their lupine forms, what were they? Naked? This wasn’t a concept she understood, as she had never had to cover up her body before. Fur...that was all the “fabric” she needed but she laughed again when he jingled his bells before her attention was robbed by the objects his clothing produced.

The shiny things were foreign to her as was the map still, but she had seen parchment before...it was just the pictures that she didn’t comprehend or the words for that matter. When he had first pointed out what would’ve been Freetown on the map, Drin neglected to say anything about her ignorance, not wanting to make herself seem even more different from him. She figured it was some sort of drawing of the area, but she was afraid to inquire any further. Jiva didn’t mind her naivety, but she wasn’t sure how this still new acquaintance would react. Her eyes hungrily followed the path the treasures made through the air and back into his pocket, but his words interrupted her thoughts.

A strange look between shock and amusement lit on her face, but she looked up to meet his gaze. “Thank you,” she replied with a heart warming smile before gently snorting into a few soft giggles. “I’ve never been called that before,” she confessed with a new embarrassed grin, wishing she could contain the odd giddiness building up in her stomach. The lithe female shook her head in an attempt to chase away the butterflies Zeitgeist’s flattering comment had conjured. “You’ve probably seen much more interesting characters than me, I’m so...plain.” Her easy smile returned as she reached down and tried to mimic what he had done with his blade of grass.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → ### :: I am really enjoying this thread immensely. I can't wait to get home days to be able to reply to it.

Even Zeitgeist could admit that his fascination with the grass was an odd one. It had been a toy when he was a pup, a luxury even. It wasn't too often that he had found grass when he was growing up and so it held felt to be priceless to him when he was younger. Of course over on this side of the world there was grass all over and so his fascination would be entirely loss on the creatures of this part of the world. It was just another something that set them apart and separated them even further. But even though she found it strange Zeitgeist was glad that she had spoken nothing of the peculiarity of it.

Zeitgeist wasn't really into the clothing habit for clothings sake but more for the practicality of it. The vest had pockets in which he kept possessions that he didn't trust out of his sight and therefore meant a great deal to him. The hat, well... it had served as a distraction. The charming little jingle of the bells along with the tricks that he would display kept everyones attention from his true purpose of cleaning out the possessions of those that had gathered in order to pay witness to his feats. The only thing lacking true practicality was his collar and that something of sentimental value to him. So he had clothes simply because they served a purpose.

The male would be unable to mock her ignorance as he had to be taught to read and understand it as well. It actually hadn't been so dreadfully long ago that he had learned to read. Of course his lessons had come with stories for each area. But again, that had been at a time that his best friend has still been around. If it hadn't been for him Zeitgeist wouldn't be as educated as he was. Even now he still was little more than a street urchin whom had excelled at their craft. But of course none of that mattered here as he wasn't known by any.

"That is really hard to believe. How could no one have told you before? Are they simply blind to what is in front of them? Or maybe they are just too simple in the head." Sure, he flirted almost naturally and was often promiscuous but he didn't lie about beauty. He wasn't exactly the sort to inflate an ego over nothing. He would have said nothing if he hadn't truly believed it. "Bello, beautiful." He spoke first the word in Italian and then translated it to English for her to be able to understand.

Z shook his head. "I must admit that it is not only your looks that intrigue me but quite simply you as well." Sure, looks might be his first attraction but if he couldn't stand to spend anytime with the other canine then more likely than not nothing would ever happen. He simply didn't find it to be satisfying to hook up with those that he couldn't stand. He was hurting that bad in which he had to take just anyone that crossed his path.

Without even thinking about what he was doing first Zeitgeist shifted his position in order to kneel behind the female as she had plucked up a blade of grass. "Like this." He spoke softly and quietly as he made to try and wrap his arms about her. His only intent was to guide her to hold the blade of grass just right so that it would end up producing a sound. "Don't force it but you can't be too gentle about it either when you blow."

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Aww! I’m really enjoying it as well! Sorry about the delay, I’m in the process of packing up my entire place before I move to a new apartment this Friday and then the holiday break had me out of the house. Tongue

Word Count → 600+

Palaydrian had never encountered a wolf, coyote, hybrid, or really just anyone like Zeitgeist. Everything about the canine was new and fresh, very exciting for the sheltered girl who had come from a strictly feral pack. A land untouched by human relics, and surprisingly secluded from the Luperci strain which had so clearly ravaged most of the earth’s remaining dog populations. Z represented the future that Drin could only have dreams of seeing one day, but his presence alone helped to open her mind to the possibilities. True, she was afraid of the places he had described, but this was simply due to the ignorance that had been ingrained in her head as a pup...the not knowing made everything new dangerous and yet in the angel’s conflicted heart, she couldn’t help but be drawn to this mystery like a moth to an open flame.

She scoffed softly when Z protested her claim. Drin may have caught the eyes of her pack brothers back in her homelands and perhaps the neighboring pack males had taken a liking to her, but once they found out which family she came from, they immediately grew cold and withdrew their flirtations. She was an anathema in the pack. Lovely, but unwanted for her blood. The fear of Luperci was too instilled in their ways of life, conjuring superstitions the young would grow up actually believing. In fact when she had gone through her first heat cycle a week before she had been chased off, the males joked that if they fell for her intoxicating scent, she’d lure them to a dark place in the woods and maliciously infect them against their will. The claims were ridiculous, but the aftermath of their rumors and teases had really taken a toll on the girl, making her believe she’d never have a male to call her own.

Bella, she repeated with a smile. The thought of learning a whole new language enthralled her. Blind...possibly, but my blood, this form, she gestured to her body, everything about it is ugly to them. I don’t think you can be beautiful if you’re feared, she mused, turning her attention back to the blade of grass. Drin was starting to feel relaxed around the dog, he made easy company and it flattered and pleased her that he found her so intriguing. It was an odd feeling, this attention she was receiving. She wasn’t one to get an inflated head, but she couldn’t deny that she didn’t like it...for once being in the limelight for her differences and not out in the public stockades for being abnormal. I find you quite fascinating as well, she admitted with a kind smile.

Suddenly he was moving towards her. Drin automatically stiffened, the old emotional scars of her abrupt departure from her homelands still fresh in her muscle memory, but she took a deep breath and relaxed when Zeitgeist settled behind her and his arms came around her body. A demure blush permeated into her cheeks as she thought about inn another time, she would’ve been burning up for this type of touch, perhaps even shamelessly grinding back into him, but thank god she wasn’t in heat. Drin’s head gently shook the thought out as she focused on what his hands were doing to hers.

She slowly brought the blade to her lips, very aware of the feeling of strength and support in Z’s arms, and took his advice by blowing against it hard. At first a shaky whirring sound was emitted, but with a little more force, a sharp whistle cut across the small valley. She dropped the blade in her excitement to cheer. Haha I did it! The young Soul squealed, turning in the grass to wrap her arms around the neck of her new companion. She withdrew with an embarrassed gasp, but quickly picked up a new blade of grass. Let’s try for round two, this time without Zeitgeist’s help, she was able to produce the same triumphant sound. Grinning ear to ear, she mouthed “Thank you.”

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → ### :: I'm glad you are too. And that is totalll fine, the library was closed up for Memorial Day anyways. I hope your move goes fine.

Zeitgeist had to say that he quite enjoyed just packing up and leaving everything behind to go off on a new adventure. He couldn't say that he was particularly enjoying this journey that he was on since it was so far from what he knew. But that simply meant that he needed to end up adapting or just moving on once more. For right now he figured to adapt enough in order to gather knowledge about this side of the world. He hadn't a clue how long he would end up deciding to stay but that was something that he never actually knew. He simply wandered away once he got bored of a place. He had never forced himself to remain somewhere that he couldn't find a bit of enjoyment. But that was simply his life, he enjoyed the adventure of traveling to places unknown to him.

With the dog's lifestyle it seemed an impossible thought that he'd wind up with a mate. After all who else would choose to leave all they know behind to go to places that were only learned about in stories so that they could experience it for themselves? Honestly it came as a great surprise that Guillotine had decided to follow along when Zeitgeist had been teaching the boy what he would need in order to make it living on the streets on his own. It wasn't a glamorous lifestyle but it was how he had grown up. It was what he knew and therefore what he was good at.

"They are naught but idioti, idiots. Quite simply hapless fools if they really believe there is anything to fear from you. I can't imagine that you would squash a flea no matter how much it should bite." Perhaps the last line was a bit of an exaggeration but he simply hadn't found anything in the female to be afraid of. If only genes could be looked past then no doubt they would have all seen just what a cherished find the female was. "I highly doubt you would repeat such a thing should you meet others that hail from the lands in which I had spent my youth. But you are quite kind to flatter an old man such as myself." Zeitgeist had easily waved off her compliment with a chuckle. While he was used to passing them out he couldn't say that he had too frequently been on the receiving end of them.

Zeitgeist grinned at the delight that the female showed from accomplishing such a simple act. He squeezed her briefly to return her hug before letting his arms drop away. When was the last time that he had been this close to someone? Not since he had left port from overseas. He would really have to do something alleviate that at some point. It had been months and well, that was something of a record for him to go without some bedroom companionship for so long.

But he had to draw his mind away from such thoughts as the female managed on her own this time. He clapped his hands in order to commend the accomplishment before he ended up plucking up another blade of grass. He didn't bring it to his lips but simply allowed for it to twirl between his fingers instead. "You may find this silly but this used to be my greatest possession when I was but a boy. All of the neighborhood pups used to snatch up the few blades that poked up through the cobbled stones before I ever had a chance to glimpse this so called grass. I used to scour the streets all throughout the spring just to find one single blade." He shook his head and glanced around, opening his arms wide in order to motion towards the area all about him. "But here you are overflowing with it that now the squabbles and fights amongst pups for just a tiny sliver seem to have been quite silly indeed."

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 6+ Ugh...it’s nothing short of a nightmare at the moment, but thank you! -_-

Palaydrian tried to imagine what life would be like if she had grown up in Zeitgeist’s place, in the magical homeland he called Italy. A place where dogs walked on two legs and wore extraordinary colored fabrics. A land that so openly embraced humanization and the wonders of homosapien artifacts used so long ago. Her head swirled with machines and tools, gadgets and books, truly anything her mind could conjure to paint this mystery world the dappled dog had hailed from. Oh to be a walker on two legs there, bartering and selling her own goods. What would I sell? She asked herself, clearly deep in thought as she wondered how she would pave her own way in scary yet fanciful place called Italy. Flowers! Of course, the lady had a green thumb and adored growing things though her memory balked when it came to remember what each plant was actually called and what its true purpose was.

She could grow herbs and flowers and bring them to the market place. Drin knew which plants were poisonous...that much still rang true, and she felt that was all she really needed to know as she remembered Syliat making teas and poultices with all the other herbs, and infusing her secret concoctions with flowers. Yes flowers and herbs... she mused as a smile played across her lilac blazed mouth. The golden girl vaguely pondered if such a job was performed where Z had come from. Surely someone sold plants, if not for medicinal purpose then for the simple and delicate aesthetics of a petal.

Idioti, she murmured with a grin. So far she could call someone beautiful in Italian and then insult them in the same sentence. She snorted with a laugh when Zeitgeist mentioned she wouldn’t even harm a flea. He went too far, but he wasn’t so far from exaggeration. Drin had quite the heart and was able to forgive those who sincerely asked for it. She certainly wasn’t a warrior, but her angel’s heart sometimes got her into trouble. Wanting to rush to the aid for for a friend or fight someone else’s battle was a fool’s mind, but the girl wasn’t a fool...she was something of a nonviolent crusader, a martyr in a sense.

Her bi colored ocean eyes gently observed her new friend. He hadn’t pushed her away when her joy had overwhelmed her like a pup and she’d thrown her arms around him. No he had hugged her back. It was simple and sweet, and the moment had passed as if it hadn’t occured. She liked that he didn’t dwell to deepen her embarrassment, but she was realizing it wasn’t that big of a deal. Drin’s sweet smile only increased as she watched him play with his own blade of grass in his fingers. His story didn’t surprise her. How could it? She knew his world was much different from hers already, and she had already imagined a place full of towers like the abandoned cities and towns she had ventured past.

A thoughtful and slightly sad look passed over the fae’s face. I tried to imagine myself living in a place like Italy, but not having this grass, her hands gripped the ground beneath her, or the trees, forests, rivers, this open land, she gestured to everything around them, I just don’t think I could do it. My heart would ache for the wild...my wolf song, my destiny is here. Her ocean eyes turned back to regard Z. I’m sorry, I forget myself sometimes...you must be homesick and here I am going off about nature! Drin dipped her head in apology before speaking again. The paper you carry...could you teach me how to read it?

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → ### :: Of course, you're welcome.

Ah yes, there had been florists among the market. What better to charm a particularly pretty gal with than a beautiful flower that one couldn't find growing just anywhere? Such was even more of a treat to find than the blades of grass were. But Zeitgeist couldn't say that he had ever paid too much attention to the petaled stalks though. The only time he had cared for them was when he was passing them along to someone else in order to earn an extra bit of attention for himself.

He chuckled as what he said had been repeated. "I could teach you more if you want." It wouldn't be the first time that he had coached someone else in the ways of his native tongue. It had been so long since he had an entire conversation in Italian. It hardly mattered though since he had grown much too used to peppering his English with a few Italian words. He could so easily remember the last conversation that he had entirely in Italian. But throughout it there never came the mention that he was being left behind. No, they had taken to conversing in Italian simply to keep their conversation private whilst remaining in a public setting.

Zeitgeist gave a small smile to her words. "There is no need to apologize. I've been away from Italy for quite awhile. I had moved from where I was born on at the cusp of maturity. I had been living in England when I moved here. Still the place was nothing like this. I can't say I've been anywhere before that had such open and uninterrupted space except while sailing across the ocean. It will simply take getting used to the quiet whereas I'm used to the bustle of living amongst others and wandering about crowded streets." His upbringing had made him a rather social creature and being so desperately alone with no new face to bump into for what seemed like eternity was something that certainly would take a toll upon him. He had to say that was the one thing he missed the most about the market. He enjoyed the ease with which goods could be acquired, especially food, but he missed the random conversations even if they consisted of nothing more than bartering for a better deal.

"It is a map and I will most certainly try." He pulled the map back out from his pocket and opened it so that the female could look at it again. "The friend I had mentioned was the one who taught me to read it before he left." He explained softly and stared down, wondering just how to start. "So I guess you just pick a name where you want to start." He said after pondering the situation for a moment. Zeitgeist wasn't used to trying to teach another how to read. He had tried with Guillotine but he wasn't certain of his success there as the boy hadn't repeated back Z's lessons so he had no idea if they took or not.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 4+Haha Z is going to think she’s such a heathen.

It didn’t take long for the New Dawn wolf to realize that Zeitgeist was quickly becoming a friend. Palaydrian felt the dog was a fountain of information and she hoped she could provide any answers he was searching for in his brand new surroundings. Though she felt he was much more learned than she, having a friend who was well scripted in the ways and cultures of the wild couldn’t hurt his expedition or adventures here. Though they were vastly different, the golden fae could see that they could both learn a lot from one another and their fast budding friendship could bridge the gap between their upbringings. Drin hoped this wouldn’t be the first and last time she saw the dappled dog as the girl truly believed with the help of Z she could learn a new language. That would really be something.

Zeitgeist eased her mind as he explained that he had actually been away from his birth lands for quite some time. She wished she had made the same voluntary decision when she left her own lands, but that was a story for another time....when she had the heart to even talk about it. Fresh wounds took some time to heal and was already beginning to put her past behind her to soften the blow of homesickness. Drin knew she couldn’t return for quite some time, and she believed her family would forgive her if she tried to forget.

The fae understood what he meant. She had to go through the same slight culture shock when she came upon ‘Souls lands. Luckily, she had chanced upon a pack that still held firm ties to the wild ways that she was used to, but here she had experienced the embrace of Luperci first hand. She was starting to love this, the freedom she had here was phenomenal compared the restrictions she was reared under back home. And though she still wasn’t 100% comfortable in her two legged form, Z’s compliments only bolstered her newfound confidence and feelings of acceptance that were beginning to grow in her personality.

Her eyes lit up when the dog produced the wrinkled paper from the fabric he wore. A map, she thought, positive she had heard the word before spoken by her grandmother. She helped him spread out the paper on the grass and her eyes scanned the pictures on it. I don’t know how to read....as you call it or write for that matter, but here goes nothing! Drin awkwardly smiled as she wasn’t sure what a name looked like. So the girl at first pointed to a blob of blue outlining a strange shape. What’s this? Is it a name? She asked, hoping she had chosen right.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → ### :: Haha, naw, he's actually enjoying her company.

There were still a great number of things that Z still didn't know. He wasn't really that great of a fighter. He had gotten into a few scraps in his younger years but it was never anything serious, never a life or death situation. And well, he couldn't hunt at all. The most that he could do was scavenge. So oddly enough Zeitgeist could say that he had never taken a life himself. It would seem that the skills that he had prided himself in were completely useless in this area and the things that he had never bothered to learn were what he actually needed in order to survive in the wild.

His leaving hadn't exactly been voluntary at first. His father had grown volatile after the death of his mate and well, Z had been skilled enough to take over as head of the family. His father didn't want to replace and so Z had been shunted out. But the boy had skills enough to make it on his own and had left the city to head elsewhere. And well, he had traveled further since then. But of course he was working under a different name when he was with his family but he had shed all of that once he had been cast out. So he hadn't left on his own but because his father had seen him as a threat, as well as his own mistake at the time. But it hadn't bothered him to leave. After all he had never looked back since he had left. It was London and the relationships that he had there that the dog missed.

Z's inability to separate the sexes of those that he pined for was something that had bothered him for a long time. It was yet another thing that his lost friend had taught him. His friend had taught him acceptance of that side of himself. Z had known all along that he was meant to like women, and he certainly did. But there were times that he had found himself favoring a gentlemen rather the lady on his arm and it was that which had caused him trouble. Before Sirius Zeitgeist used to berate himself for ever having such thoughts. So Sirius had been more than just a friend to him but also a mentor teaching Z to accept himself just the way that he was.

"Do not fret as I've only acquired the skill while living in London, where I was just before coming here." He tried to reassure the female as he wasn't exactly the best that there was out there. The dog gave a small chuckle at what she pointed out. "Ah no, that is an ocean. But you were close." He reached out and pointed to the name that was printed in the middle of the water. "This is what a name looks like, these groups of letters."

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 5+Haha good, she’s so sheltered. Tongue

Palaydrian had never seen such fine paper before. The sheets her grandmother owned were faded and well worn, from frequent usage, and the limited amount of pictures and markings on it were barely eligible, even for the illiterate. Syliat had told her that the paper and the books she owned, did not need to be read with eyes, but rather with the tips of an Optime finger. Drin thought that was absurd, but never voiced her opinion as many times she and her brothers had sat at Syliat’s feet while the demon, with eyes closed, read from one of her books to them.

Drin remembered hearing about characters from something called The Bible, but her favorite stories were often times creepy tales read from something Syliat had called “The Brothers Grimm”. The demon wolf had not bothered in teaching her grandchildren how to read her special books, more so to honor the desperate plea from her own mother, as they apparently were already so far set apart from their pack brothers and sisters, and the ability to read would have just created a much further gap in the discrimination against their bloodline. This is why Syliat did not join the pack, she remained an outlier in the territory and lived in the mountains, a place the wolves avoided due to pumas and bobcats.

The golden fae fondly remembered her trips there, often disappearing in the cover of early nightfall in order to make it back to the pack just before daybreak. She had loved the fireside dinners, the last minute bedtime stories, but mostly the otherworldliness feeling she got when around her grandmother. The demon wolf had been another source of unimaginable information, it pained the yearling to know she might not see her again. Syliat had passed so much and yet so little to the girl, but she had always assured Drin that it was in the blood...everything was in the blood.

Palay grinned with glee at her mistake, finding Zeitgeist’s own laugh to light hearted as he continued to encourage her. Her bi colored eyes followed his hand to the markings in the middle of the blue. She nodded with enthusiasm, this is what letters looked like, now she was onto something. Oh, so this is a name, Drin said with more confidence, moving her hands towards one of the odd shapes and placing a claw on the darker clustering of letters.

Her eyes flitted back to the ocean as her other hand touched the blue parts of the map, so that’s what the great body of water looks like....but it’s so small! Her eyebrows wrinkled in confusion, surely the ocean was much bigger than this. If you think hard enough my little one, it will come to you, an echo of the past as she stared down at the blue blob. Ah but I see, this here... the hand in the ocean moved to a box near the bottom of the map, this is the key? She asked, slightly surprised that a part of her brain was registering the box full of measurements.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → ### :: Well Z still finds her interesting anyways.

Zeitgeist wasn't used to books or well, any other bits of paper actually. This map was pretty much what he knew. It was this map upon which he learned. So his literacy wasn't really some big and amazing thing when he actually had no experience outside of this map. Honestly he had never actually tried to broaden it either. He had never actively sought out new things to read. No, most of his time had still been spent on pilfering more things to trade for other items. He had greatly enjoyed the drink when it was readily available and so he had always tried to get his hands upon it rather than looking to further his education. Though he had read the labels on the few bottles that had them in order to learn which he liked the best.

"Yes, that is a name." Zeitgeist spoke with a nod of his head. "It is made up of letters and each letter has a sound that it makes. When you put those sounds together they make a word." He went over a basic overview of what he had been taught. It was the simplest way that he could figure to break it all down. And well, he also figured that it was a start at the very least.

"Correct again." Zeitgeist said with another of nod of his head and a slight laugh. "Whoever made this had to make everything smaller so that it can all fit on the page." He smiled up at the female before looking down at the map and pointing at the land mass that he had come from and traced a finger over the ocean that he had crossed. "I came from here and traveled over this bit of water. It took months to get across it." The explanation was given as Zeitgeist traced the rough estimate of the route that he had taken in order to find himself in this area.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 4+

Surprise didn’t leave the yearling as the digits on her fingers pressed into the key. How did I know that? She traversed the thoughts in her mind but it was of no use. A memory of Syliat had manifested the cognitive ability in her head,, but the demon had never shown Palaydrian a map before, it just didn’t add up. Was her great grandmother proposing that her own memories were a part of the virus she had shared within the family? Impossible.. the idea sounded like magic or witchcraft, a subject the Grimm tales often highlighted. And yet, something about those tales had made chills run down her spine, as a pup the girl believed some of them to be true. Was it not magic that her own species could walk on two legs instead of four? Maybe Syliat had been on to something...maybe her memories could be accessed if she just opened her mind.

Zeitgeist brought the angel out of her daze as he explained the meaning of letters and words. She hungrily devoured this new bit of information and scanned the rest of the map, focusing on the masses of black letters. There were so many, where would she even start? The thought, the new knowledge, it made her feel weak, but perhaps it was too much sun and an empty stomach. The fae gently shook her head in attempt to knock off the strange feeling while Z continued to acknowledge her guess.

I was right! The strange nausea was returning. Something about this made her feel weird, or as if she was in someone else’s body, but she tried to shake it off again as she nodded in understanding to the dappled dog. Her eyes couldn’t help but widen when the Italian pointed out one of the unique shapes, his origin, and trailed a path across the map to another odd shape. She supposed that was her land and smiled with odd unwarranted pride. Months at sea, the girl couldn’t imagine. Her feet were meant to stay planted on solid ground, though she did wish to learn what it felt like to float on the large body of water. Months without land....how did you manage? She asked, the nerves in her voice clearly apparent. How could one hunt on a boat? Did they fish? The woman had so many questions for the man, but she wasn’t sure which one to ask first.

She decided she’d go back to the map, as it seemed it was calling to her. These letters, and their sounds...you could teach me them? Or are there far too many for one day’s light? Her stomach began grumbling after her question. Perhaps that was the reason for the strange headiness she had felt earlier. The girl grinned and gave a soft chuckle, learning built up her appetite.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]