looking for gold in the ground
[html]

Its set somewhat close to AT's borders, but Spar is too meek to go any closer than what she is. xD ~

Things had become quiet peaceful ever since the threat of the Boreas wolves had vanished when the two packs of the northwestern coast retaliated. Though she knew the clan was as alert as ever, there was some exhaling feeling in the air, as if the tension that had been building in the coyote’s moral had been released, and felt appreciated that it was finally over—for now, at least; who knew how long they would be in this state? Sparrow did not ponder often about such things, finding them a fruitless idea to wonder about, but yet she had been.

She knew that the wolves had tried to preach to the other canines of Nova Scotia of their hatred for coyotes, wishing to shove their beliefs down others’ throats at a given chance, or so she heard. While she thought their accusations distasteful, she did concern herself whether the packs were interested in their talk, and found it uneasy to imagined having a whole pack suspecting them just because of their species. The days following the disbandment of their camp, she found herself hoarding the pelts of her trapped prey, being mostly of soft rabbits and somewhat course squirrel. Sparrow herself had no use for them, but she heard the tale of one wolf’s junk being another’s treasure, and perhaps the same could be found here. Measly the offer would be, but it was the best she could do.

She awoke early that morning, and gathering a couple of her furs, left the borders when the sun bore its rays over the ground. She decided to head to the nearest pack—the ones that lived underground, she somewhat appalled the fawn at first, though it also perked her interest. It must’ve been cold in there, knowing that her own cave could be chilling on the right night, and her pelts could provide some comfort for one of them. She was about a mile away from their territory, the sun right above her head, did she stop, and looked out into the woods warily.

Then, after settling her merchandise beside her, she let out quite a loud yap, her ears rising to hear it ring out towards the mountains where the wolves dwelled. She stood there for a moment, and proceeded to sit down, not expecting for one of them to run to her in the next few minutes—her tone was not that urgent, more or less an invitation for company.

<style type="text/css">
.sparraze1 .space {width:290px; height:280px; float:left;}
.sparraze1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#812a0a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#70593e 1px 1px 2px;}
.sparraze1 p.ooc {text-size:12; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.sparraze1 p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.sparraze1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sparraze1 {margin:0px auto; width:98%; min-width:500px; text-align:justify; max-width:730px; background-color:#ecdcb5; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/uEg2h.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #70593e; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-size:12px; color:#70593e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:georgia; border-top-left-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: really sorry for the wait...and the failed post -.-

Aika studied the different scents in the air finding the tempting trace of a still unvisited wolf pack. It was incredibly helpful for a trader like herself to find a good concentration of packs in a small area like in those new lands. Even if the dark female was of the antisocial kind, her trading instincts were well developed and called her forward to visit every canine group to offer the goods she carried with herself.

The metallic objects inside the wagon clanged rhythmically with every of the black horse steps. A pair of purple eyes studied the path that opened in front of the trader, bringing a grin to her face at the sight of a lone stranger that carried several pelts. It was a perfect opportunity to get some new items for her collection as the last winter the dark hybrid almost ran out of furs thanks to the increased demand of that resource. Without wasting more time, Aika howled inviting the stranger to get closer at the same time as the trader continue walking in her direction. As soon as she was close enough, the dark female commanded the black horse to stop before greeting the brown female. Hello there.

table by Nat

<style type="text/css">
.aikbones b {font-weight:bold; color:#ed8171; letter-spacing:1px;}
.aikbones p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.aikbones {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#3f221d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/a1so0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #979ca0; padding: 300px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Arial; font-size:14px; color:#979ca0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.aikbones p {text-indent:25px; }
.aikbones p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.aikbones p b:after {content: close-quote; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

It wasn't really a wait, really. xD <3 And the post is just fine. :>

After a couple of minutes, no one showed, but it was expected. As she waited, she began to pick at the grass, plucking off blades to tear them into little bits, though she was careful not to get the shavings on her clean furs. It was not a nervous tick—she was far from being timid at that moment, since she was fairly confident of what she was doing now, though she was still shy—but found that the motion was relaxing, almost as calming as her rope tying. As she carefully ripped the vegetation, she stared at the jagged landscape, and wondered how cold it was to live up in the mountains. It was not place for a coyote to live, but the wolves must have coped and thrived in that environment to make their home there.

Sparrow first heard the noises of objects knocking together, and then the faintest sound of hooves that she knew must have belonged to a horse. Soon, out of woods came a black horse that tugged a wagon behind it, a darkly coated female guiding the beast over to her. Though she did not find the cart a strange sight, she did find the woman’s appearance striking; foremost, she had strange, purple marks on her face and body, and later noticed that she had a hybrid-ish look to her, seeing that she had part coyote blood on her. She wondered why a coyote would want to live underground, assuming that she was of the mountain pack, but she did not voice her question, thinking that perhaps the woman may have taken offense for it.

The fawn approached at her beckons, and nodded at her greetings, replying with her own, “Well met, miss.” She had carried the pelts with her when she went to the hybrid, and though she tried her best not to flaunt them, she did make them obvious. “My name is Sparrow, one of the Praeses of Inferni. I see that you have many items in your cart—are you, by chance, a trader?” Despite not being the best talker, she thought she was doing a good job by not being too direct, but also clearly hinting her objective as to why she had come out here.

<style type="text/css">
.sparraze1 .space {width:290px; height:280px; float:left;}
.sparraze1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#812a0a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#70593e 1px 1px 2px;}
.sparraze1 p.ooc {text-size:12; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.sparraze1 p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.sparraze1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sparraze1 {margin:0px auto; width:98%; min-width:500px; text-align:justify; max-width:730px; background-color:#ecdcb5; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/uEg2h.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #70593e; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-size:12px; color:#70593e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:georgia; border-top-left-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]

[html]

Word Count:: Bump

Aika nodded politely as the smaller female answered her greeting, she remained in silence as her interest grew with the coyote's words. Nice to meet you Sparrow...indeed I am, is there anything of your interest? Asking this, the dark hybrid looked down at the small pelts the brown coyote carried, they weren’t much in comparison to the larger and more luxurious pelts she carried in her wagon, but the promise of starting a good relation with one of the packs in the area was enough to wake her interest.

I’ll be willing to exchange those pelts of yours for some herbs...or maybe a knife? She said helping Sparrow to choose and get the value of her pelts clear. Aika turned toward the black beast that remained silent a few steps away from them, she reached for the ropes that kept the male horse attached to the wagon releasing him from the heavy burden. You can explore the area Belial, but stay close to us. The large beast stood still for a short moment before trotting off toward the nearby bushes.

Have you found anything of your interest? Aika asked after a couple of minutes crossing her arms over her chest with a relaxed pose, keeping her eyes on the items that Sparrow examined…

<style>
.eris-desert .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.eris-desert p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.eris-desert b {color:#436FBC; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.eris-desert {background-color:#293F4F; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ye6VE.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 192px 0px; border:1px solid #436FBC; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0D161C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.eris-desert-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #1F1F1F; -moz-box-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #1F1F1F; -webkit-box-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #1F1F1F; }
.eris-desert .separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #436FBC; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

take it, take it all, take all that I have
I’d give it all away just to get you back

Word Count → 339 :: I sent a PM about this post--please tell me if you want me to edit it! :>

The mottled coywolf answered, “Well, it depends on what you can trade for. I don’t ask for much—as you can see my supplies are rather… minimal. And, trade is best when it’s fair.” In honesty, the pelts she had were probably only enough to make one mix-matched cloak, and barely that. But, she did not mention such, not wanting to spoil whatever fancied the dark woman about her woodland furs. “Are you from the mountains, Anathema, I think it’s called?”

Sparrow’s ears perked at the sounds of the items, both sounding quite useful for Inferni. She started to look over the woman’s wares, though glanced back towards her when she spoke to the horse. “It must be nice... I mean, to have a horse. They seem to be good companions from what I saw,” she commented, in hopes of starting friendly conversation. She did intend found horses of interest; they were hooved animals, yes, but they also had a slight edge of intelligence, personality. Some canine were even able to speak some of their language, which she found to have envy for. She would not have minded to have some sort of primitive talk with one of the noble beasts, but she shook her head, clearing her head of the thoughts of horses. She was here to trade, and she needed to focus.

The hybrid looked over the woman’s items once more, and all of a sudden, a particular item caught her eye for reasons unknown. Upon further inspection, Sparrow realized it was a dagger. For a moment, she frowned, remembering the silver point that nearly sliced her throat not many days ago. But, she couldn’t seem to tear her eyes from it. It was not anything spectacular; the steel was unremarkable, the grip of the weapon faded red. Maybe it was the simple lion’s head that rested at the top of the hilt that kept her eyes on it. “What about that?” she asked quietly, poking a tan finger at the item. “Is that up for trade?”

<style>
.sparrowaly-takeit {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 0px; padding:0px 40px 0px 40px; background-image:url(); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top center;}
.sparrowaly-takeit p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-takeit p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-takeit .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sparrowaly-takeit p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-takeit b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
and fake it, fake it, I’ll take what I can get
knocking so loud, can you hear me yet?

[/html]