until the night is over
[html]<style type="text/css">
.nireetablechels strong {color:#ccbca3;}
</style>
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4777/van2do8.png) #b09480 bottom no-repeat; color:#000; font:9pt georgia; line-height:1.1em; padding:2em; padding-bottom:6.0em; text-align:justify;">

Asa shook her head slowly as Conri found her eyes. I… don’t… But it struck her again, something before being outside. She was in a house, with him, with Quilas. She could see him better now in the light. He was tall, with pale fur and golden eyes. He was angry with her. Her eyes seemed glassy as she stared past Conri, into that distant memory probing her thoughts. He… he was mad at me… he said that I shouldn’t have… let him get so close to me… Her eyes closed and she winced suddenly, as if the next sight of her vision had physically hurt her. A hand came, and she grasped her torn ear, twiddling with the loose skin slowly. He did this…

table by chels
[/html]
[html]
Jade eyes settled in to her as she spoke, the glassy look that had taken them sending faint chills through him. It was creepy, in a way, but it all seemed to be helping, at least in the faintest bit. He wondered, for a moment, if he should have just kept him mouth shut. The memory was an upsetting one, perhaps one that shouldn't have come back at all, and in a way he felt that it was his fault. His own hand followed hers, edging against the torn ear, tracing the very edges with his fingers. "Was he your friend?" He didn't seem like much of a friend, of course. A family member or a lover perhaps. "He isn't here to hurt you now.." Conri whispered quietly, pressing his muzzle against hers in a gentle fashion. "I wouldn't let him hurt you.."
[/html]
</style>
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4777/van2do8.png) #b09480 bottom no-repeat; color:#000; font:9pt georgia; line-height:1.1em; padding:2em; padding-bottom:6.0em; text-align:justify;">

With his question, the memory was gone, and she became aware of his hand with hers, and his fingers tracing the edges of her torn ear. Her bi-colored eyes returned to Conri, and she sighed heavily, shaking her head. She didn’t know who he was to her… or who he had been. And she felt glad for Conri’s words; his promise to protect her. If anything, the image of Quilas was one to strike fear in her. She was quiet for a long moment, breathing slowly and trying to regulate all her current thoughts, trying to center herself back on Conri. A thought occurred to her, and her own hand slid from her ear and traveled to his shoulder, the one without an arm attached to it. What happened to you? She knew it may be painful for him, but they had passed the point of no return with one another, and she felt as if she could.

table by chels
[/html]
[html]
They were but strangers to one another. Then again, she seemed a stranger to herself, but they had shared something together that was more deep than most words could be. Her question brought a sudden change of subject, a sudden hesitation to the young male. "My father was insane.." He started quietly, closing his eyes to the sudden scream of rage that sounded in his head. "He killed my mother's mate and then comforted her as if nothing had ever happened." At least, that was what he was told. "Then they had me.." The rest of his siblings had died, and he wondered quietly if that was for the best.

"He didn't stay around much, wandered, fathered other children. My mother found out the things that he had done. He was a rapist and a killer." And Conri had so adored that man when he was young. "She wouldn't let him see me and he attacked her." His voice was quiet and sad, though there was the slightest hint of anger that built up inside of him. "I killed him after that. I don't know if I meant to or not, really." It had all been a freak accident. "But his other son, my half brother, he found me, knocked me out and dragged me off. He took my arm, but I got away." Conri could remember very little of that part in his past, whether it was shock from the pain of having his arm removed or the simple fact that he tried so badly to block that memory out. "That was a very long time ago, though."
[/html]
</style>

Asa listened to his story, quietly, patiently; offering a tiny lick to his muzzle here and there, and a slow caress of her fingers against his cheeks whenever his tone changed. He revealed more about himself than she could’ve imagined for the young, red-furred male; and she suddenly wished that she could do the same for him. You’re so brave, Conri… and so caring. You’ve made a mistake or two in your life, but you’re a good person… she murmured to him, smiling again. And I couldn’t be happier that you’re here with me… She leaned forward, embracing him gently, tickling his ear with her tongue.

table by chels
[/html]
[html]
Had Naniko ever called him brave or given him the assurance like she was doing now? He wasn't sure, but he didn't think so. Her words brought a very faint, tired smile to his lips and bloodshot eyes closed for a moment, settling in to her. "I'm glad we met." He whispered faintly, brushing the side of her face with his hand once more. He wondered to himself just how long the quiet moments would last, what would happen after this. He didn't trust himself enough to stay with her always, to try and move on from everything that he had left behind just says ago, but he also couldn't imagine never seeing her again.
[/html]