the icons are whispering to you
[html]

Using the pNPCs Chryses Auberon and Miqui Kimaris (Shall be played by Shem.) in this thread. o: Set for the 29th.

So many assumptions. |: Just poke me in the eyeball if you need something changed, Shem.

Yesterday it was decided that Sparrow would join one of the few patrols that will be scouring the land for the camp. At first, she hoped that she would be paired with her sister, but, she ended up with a group in which she knew no one in, besides Chryses—she did not enjoy her company, though, for she knew her as a very spiteful hybrid. But, she did not complain; it was her given duty to serve the clan, and if she had to do it around unfamiliar faces, so it would be.

She and the dark woman assumed her lupus form, thinking that stealth would be their friend for this excursion. Though she felt more powerful upon a horse’s back and was able to see more, one could catch a rider a mile away, thanks to the bareness of Drifter’s Bay, and they were not here to attack, anyway. Besides, Sparrow felt happy to have another excuse to travel around with four legs, since she felt that optime was needed more often than her preferred state of being. Chryses was indifferent about how she was put with a nervous clan mate, and her only voiced concern was that they needed to find the camp soon, so that she may do things to them that the mottled hybrid refused to repeat. She was glad to have the woman as an ally, she thought meekly.

Soon they were at the place where she was told to meet Salsola’s half of the patrol. She was not given names for the canines that would join them, but she hoped that they were a happier lot than the Auberon, even though this situation called for seriousness. In case they did not scent nor saw their presence nearby, she let out a yap that could only be heard within a small radius, hoping that they would arrive soon so they could start the search.

<style type="text/css">
.papotes .space {float:right; height:480px; width:260px;}
.papotes b {font-weight:bold; color:#8b330c; text-shadow:#5e4936 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.papotes p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.papotes {margin:0px auto; width:100%; max-width:625px; min-width:500px; background-color:#d1a377; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kt8N3.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #5e4936; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5e4936; line-height:16px; border-radius:10px; text-align:justify;}
.papotes .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 488 :: I hope I'm playing him right. Also, uh, assuming they know the reason for the attacks is because of coyote blood.

Ataxia was in her more robust Seculi form. She hunted best in that form, and thought it would be safest if a fight broke out. The girl almost hoped there was, for she itched to avenge her father's death. This, as far as she knew, would be the only chance she would get. The more reserved Miqui seemed to have an inkling of what she planned, and cautioned her against taking her more noticeable form. "We're scouting, not fighting. You should be in your Lupus form."

"My fur is black and the wastes are brown. I stick out anyway. Let them see the wolfish side of me," she said, and honestly thought that all her scarification rituals would give her a visible coyote side. Neither Tlanti or Miqui had discouraged her from this idea, although the latter didn't seem to encourage it either.

The brown male in lupus form shook his head. He opened his mouth to reply, when a yap was heard from somewhere nearby. The dark hybrid rushed toward the noise before the male could stop her.

"Hello!" Ataxia skidded to a halt in front of the two Infernians. They were obviously hybrids, but their features showed their coyote heritage. The girl gave a wide grin at this, and wondered if they perhaps might know of the coyote god Momoztli; it was something she would have to ask when they were done.

"Do not run off like that again," Miqui growled irritably, as if she were a wayward child. "What if they had been party of wolves come to attack us?"

The female stiffened, and flatten her ears. He was older than she was, and this called for deference, much as she disliked it. He was also a relative of her mentor Tlanti, and for that reason she did not want to anger him. "Sorry." She bowed her head in acknowledgement.

Once he seemed placated, the girl's ears rose, as did her tail. "I know I stick out because of my fur, so I think I should be ahead of you," Miqui scoffed at this idea, but she did not seem to notice. Her tail wagged behind her. "It means they could spot us earlier, but then they might do that anyway. I look like a wolf and they may not realize where I come from. I can pretend to be a loner if they see me." The Salsola scent had been cleaned from her fur, replaced with the spray of the ocean and a thick, floral smell.

"You - well, most of you are all brownish and coyote looking. You might be able to sneak behind me." Her talking was quite rapid when she was excited and did not allow anyone else to interrupt. "If someone approaches me first, then you will know to hide while I try to find an excuse to get away." When she had finished, she became quiet and waited for their approval.

Image courtesy of elevenamx@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.if-template p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.if-template p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.if-template b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.if-template {background-color:#92513a; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/ivYU5g5K9R2LG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #AC5A10; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Both know, yep. :> And Spar is actually being useful for once. >>

Her call was not left unanswered for long; soon, she saw a rather large, lumbering figure heading towards them. For a dire moment, she thought that perhaps she had caught the attention of a Boreas wolf, and began to shrink towards the ground while the woman beside her curled her tail over her back, showing that she was eager to battle. But, both were proven wrong as a man loped behind the other, whom from here she could even tell that he was too yoteish to be running with the wolves. It must’ve been the canines they were to scout with, since the faster one had a friendly grin upon her face when she reached them.

She could not help but smile patiently at the girl’s zeal, though it was short lived as the older male reprimanded her. Though the tone was harsh, he was correct with what he told the female, and the fawn also took his words to heart for herself—what if a Boreas wolf was alerted, and rallied more than one to investigate the call? It would have been disastrous, and guessed it was luck that no one but the Salsolans had heard her summons. Sparrow felt the need to add her own apology with Ataxia’s, but kept her mouth closed, knowing that it was not due, and the other Infernian would probably scorn her for it. Also, she wanted to give off the air that she knew what she was doing, that she knew the risks and took it anyway, to somehow spiffy up her image, which could be an excuse for her clumsiness.

When the young girl started off her idea, she objected it, though Chryses was the only one who vocalized her displeasure with an audible grunt. But, both Infernians allowed Ataxia to finish, the mottled hybrid being more welcoming to the proposed idea than the dark one. When completed, Sparrow had to admit, it was a good idea, but… “You are young, and in your secui form, no less. They may think something is suspicious if you get caught,” Chryses argued, and was ready to add more before the fawn cut her off. “But, they may also think nothing of it. Like you said, most of us are obviously coyote, and it would definitely tip them off, especially when we’re in a large group. We should travel with the southwestern wind if possible—our scent would alert them faster than sight.” The Auberon glared at the woman with fiery eyes for the interruption, but, let it slide, knowing that it took some guts for her to speak against her.

“As for the excuse, if we do get caught, you could say that you were out trying to hunt for your mother, whom is currently injured”—the idea of the excuse struck her heart, reminding her dearly of Vesper and Winter, but it was for the better of the mission—“or something of equal that’ll fancy their pity. They’re monsters, but they have souls. We may as well use it against them.”

<style type="text/css">
.papotes .space {float:right; height:480px; width:260px;}
.papotes b {font-weight:bold; color:#8b330c; text-shadow:#5e4936 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.papotes p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.papotes {margin:0px auto; width:100%; max-width:625px; min-width:500px; background-color:#d1a377; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kt8N3.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #5e4936; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5e4936; line-height:16px; border-radius:10px; text-align:justify;}
.papotes .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 281 :: short post is short

"Traveling with the wind is sensible," the flaxen coyote said, subtly implying that Ataxia's plan was not. The dark hybrid gave a nod in agreement, as if she hadn't noticed the tone in which his words were said.

A slow grin spread over her maw at the young coyote's idea. Her tail wagged behind her, amused by the thought of tricking the bastards. The girl wondered if she could really fool them - it would be a challenge; maybe she could even trick them into giving her prey for her dear old mother. The idea entertained her more than the thought of the suicide mission she'd initially planned for herself.

"Sounds like a plan." She said, then paused to allay the older coyote's fears. "I always hunt in Seculi form because of the power it gives me; they may not know it, but 'tis a good excuse if I am required to explain it. And my mother being ill isn't too far from the truth," Her tail slowed, and the smile disappeared. Eris wasn't really ill, but she might as well be, by the way she acted. Ataxia rather disliked being around her so much, now; her mother's grief was obvious and unavoidable. It did nothing to distract the girl from her thoughts of her dead father. "so that's not a difficult lie."

Her tail began to move once more as she purposefully moved her thoughts from family to the challenge ahead. "Anyway, if there's no more objections, we should get started." The young hybrid was fully prepared to start walking as soon as the signal was given, though this time she would remember not to dart off and scare Miqui.

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.if-template b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.if-template {background-color:#92513a; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/ivYU5g5K9R2LG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #AC5A10; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

why are you so scared?
you stand there shaking by your pew, the icons are whispering to you

Word Count → 321 :: i heart short posts. <3

Chryses huffed, showing her approval but nothing more. It seemed that the two Salsolans agreed with her plan, and felt a little more confident with what she was doing. She was not much of a leader, or at least that was what she assumed, but it was easier than she thought, and became less nervous and surer.

She saw the girl smile at the idea she suggested, and felt the need to be a little offended by the glee she was showing. It was a sad situation to fake, and despite the Boreas being the ones to be tricked by it, it was a horrible thing to lie about. But, the woman simply mentally sighed, also finding reason why one could amuse themselves with such thoughts—she did not know how affected the girl was by all of this, what these wolves did to her, and most likely had to the given right to feel as such.

Sparrow nodded at her words, but frowned a bit at her last statement though. She did not know many in Salsola, and did not agree with some of the customs, but nonetheless felt the need to give her condolences, whoever the girl’s mother may have been. “I hope she gets better,” the mottled woman commented, being rather curt though she did not mean to be; she did not wish to become prying, since she didn’t want to become too personal. They were here on a mission, not an outing.

Again, the Infernian agreed with a shake of her head when the hybrid was ready to get started. She glanced at the male coyote and the dark woman, the later seeming impatient. Sparrow did not wish to get on Chryses’s bad side by delaying any longer, and gave a brisk nod to show Axatia that they were all set, and began to move at a slow, steady pace, to put some distance between them.

<style>
.sparrowaly-human {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 0px; padding:0px 40px 0px 40px; background-image:url(); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top center;}
.sparrowaly-human p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-human p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-human .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sparrowaly-human p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-human b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
they're just old men like on the benches in the park

except their balding spots are glistening with gold

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 216 :: don't know where to go with this...?

Ataxia gave an acknowledging glance at the well-wisher, but said nothing. It wasn't the right time to explain her situation and she wasn't in the mood to relay how her mother came to be 'sick'. Miqui would have complained of the delay, anyway - and she sensed the darker coyote had the same stern attitude.

The young hybrid strode ahead, turning her mind to the task before her. Her ears stood upright while tail was held casually. Her eyes were bright and alert, searching the horizon as well as the ground.

Miqui followed behind her at a distance, far enough to ensure they would not be seen together, but close enough to ensure the girl wasn't walking headfirst into danger. His tawny coat blended into the waste's grassy landscape better, though his size was a slight issue. Still, it was doubtful that anyone would see him unless they were giving more than a passing glance.

Ataxia seemed determined to find the camp, but as the day wore on, her interest started to wane. Several times she found herself mistaking a large rock for a wolfish shape, from afar. Her frustration expressed itself as a frown and a slow twitch of her tail. She gave her companions a glance, as if to ask 'anyone find anything?'

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

why are you so scared?
you stand there shaking by your pew, the icons are whispering to you

Word Count → 343 :: uh, I just did this to be dramatic. ; ; it can be up to you if the canine even spots Axatia, or if its a wolf, coyote, hybrid, etc. its just something to make this thread more suspenseful ~

Sparrow followed the young hybrid as she walked ahead, flanking her right side a couple of yards away. She was glad that her mottled coat helped her in this situation, while her Inferni companion had to stay even closer to the ground, regrettable. Like Ataxia, the dark female wished to sink claws into the Boreas, but, when no signs showed of the presence, became rather annoyed.

“I don’t think there’s anyone out here,” Chryses remarked to Sparrow quietly, too soft for the Salsolans to hear but sharp enough in tone to cut the other woman. The Praeses glanced down at the ground, knowing that she knew that it was her idea to search somewhere near the mountains. She assumed that the wolves would want to hide up in the rocky outcrops, or at least at their base, because it had seemed reasonable enough at the time it was decided when the patrols were picked where to go. But, it was beginning to seem like a wild goose chase like the Auberon thought it was.

Doubt beginning to feel Sparrow, she saw the young girl turn around, and both coyotes gave a turn of their head to show that nothing was out of place. The mottled female sped up her pace a bit, to tell the gray figure that perhaps they should turn around and report back to their leaders, when a breeze rolled gently through the grassed area.

She froze when she detected canine on the wind, and hissed for Chryses to stop, though there was no need; she too scented the canine when the shy female did, and pressed lower to the ground, a snarl echoing deep in her throat. She did not know if this canine was even wolf, not taking the time to identify it further, but she did not want to risk sight by remaining above the grass any longer. She held in her breath, and with ears pinned hard against her head, peered ever so slightly above the line of the grass to watch Ataxia, to see what she would do.

<style>
.sparrowaly-human {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 0px; padding:0px 40px 0px 40px; background-image:url(); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top center;}
.sparrowaly-human p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-human p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-human .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sparrowaly-human p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-human b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
they're just old men like on the benches in the park

except their balding spots are glistening with gold

[/html]