Where the wild things are
[html]

WC:: 661 - 10th May 2012. Optime form. 10 am. Wooo, meeting new peeps!

Niernan had woken up in a strange environment, the smells were all wrong, the sounds were different and it was dark. He sat up suddenly, sending the curled up cat that had laid on his chest fying across the room. He leaped out of the bed, shedding blankets as he went on his way to rescue Ciaran, whose claws were sunk deeply into the earthen wall when he froze. His cyan eyes turned back to the bed, that was new, then he looked at the wall, that was new too. He subconscioulsy removed his cat from the wall and cariied him around while he explored the room he was in, memories flooding back.

He pushed the round door of the buried house open, sniffing deeply and noticing the dusty, old smell that wafted out of the dwelling. He took a step inside, his eyes quickly adjusting to the gloom. He had turned his head slightly and shouted out the doorway This ones mine! After an acknowledging grunt from his brother who was exploring the house next door to this one, Nier walked through the front room, preceding to check out all the rooms the dark place had to offer.

He remembered then that Bran had stayed in the house he'd explored, that must be why it was so quiet; No Bran to snore loudly all night... He wasn't sure how he felt about that. Everything he knew was changing, and just after getting settled at Moonstone lakes. He shook his head to stop the tears beading his eyes from falling. He needed to run, so he bundled Ciaran about his neck, made sure to grab his bag with his journal in it and passed swiftly through the rooms, bursting into a sprint as he left the house, his house.

He'd been running for a while now and he had no idea where he was, he wasn't lost, he coud simply follow his scent trail if he wished to find his way back to the others, and he knew that they would howl for him if they needed him. He slowed to a jog before stalling to a walk, his tail now wagging in contentment. He felt ten sharp claws detach themselves individually from his shoulders as Ciaran relaxed enough to let go of his masters skin. He growled at Niernan in Low Speech, the meaning coming across to the black and tan wolf as Do that again and I'll slice ya pretty face. Niernan laughed loudly, allowing the noise to bounce off of the tall trees around him. He reached up and tickled Ciaran under the chin, waiting for the dark tabby kitten to give in to the good feeling, grinning widely when the kitten began to purr and press into his strong fingers, begging for more.

Nier finished tickling his cat and carefuly picked his way through the overgrown forest, looking for a nice place to stop and maybe do some sketching. It had been a while since he'd had the chance to actually find time for himself, and that meant he hadn't produced a single journal entry in months and he was ashamed with himself. He sighed, allowing the green scented air to fill his nose as he scanned his surroundings. He smiled softly to himself, happy in the pure patch of nature that he had found.

It wasn't long before he found a suitable log to sit on, it was placed against the bole of a tree and allowed him to lean his back against said tree. He sat and pulled the leather bound journal and charcoal sticks from his bag, Ciaran slipping from his neck and shoulder like liquid darkness, to sit at the other end of the log where he started to wash in that typically cat manner. Nier looked around for something to sketch, his eyes coming to rest back on his cat, the perfect subject. He set to work, charcoal sticks scraping lightly across the old paper.

<style>
.neicait04 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.neicait04 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.neicait04 b {color:#3f4f44; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#090504 0px 1px 0px; }
.neicait04 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/exY3g.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:4px solid #596c5f; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.neicait04 .inner {margin:29px 115px 15px 15px; padding:12px; background-image:url(imageurl); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:0px solid #000000; height:335px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 373 OOC: Jiva is in Lupus form and if you want you can use your imagination on what he tripped on, or it could just be a root. He can also be within sight of your guy.

Jiva had been making small excursions away from the pack, making sure not to go too far away. No he loved his pack, but with things going the way they were, he knew he had to find a way to sort them out and to do that was to be away from his family and figure it out. His worries tended to ebb away the further he got from his home. He was soon stalking invisible prey, as the normal prey was still in its sleepy state. Tobias flew high above Jiva, keeping an eye on the boy as he moved through the lands. It was a brisk day, though Jiva kind of liked it. He was made for cool to freezing weather and he took advantage of it often. He had been able to find some sap to stand his hair straight earlier that week. He liked it the way it was now though he would eventually wash it again and have to redo it, but he didn’t have the natural fur of his father or sister, which he envied. He wished he could be much like his father, though they looked so different. He looked more like his mother, not that was a bad thing though.

Jiva had been jogging through the early morning when he spotted something in his sights. Tobias revealed his suspicions by doing what he did best, circle overhead to tell the boy that there was something about. Jiva grinned and started the hunt. He bent low, though with the use of most of his muscles. His eyes trained on the rabbit that was before him. It had been an early riser, though soon it was going to be Jiva and Tobias’ breakfast. Taking his chance he sprinted after the rabbit and it bolted. Jiva ran as fast as he could to catch up to the animal. It may be fast but Jiva was faster. His eyes trained on it, and then he fell face first in the dirt, the rabbit rushing into brush. Jiva had tripped over something that his eyes and mind didn’t seem to register around him. He groaned more out of unhappiness for letting the rabbit get away than anything else.

ONE LAST KISS, BEFORE I GO. DRY YOUR TEARS, IT IS TIME TO LET YOU GO

Image courtesy of Ed Gaillard

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 488 - dum de dum de dum!

Nier had been concentrating hard on his sketch, and usually he would have zoned out and remained focussed solely on his artwork, but as he was in a strange environment and he had no idea of the native animals he had kept his senses alert. So when he heard the crashing of paws through foliage not too far away he became intrigued. He had blown the charcoal dust from his page, making the dark kitten at his foot-paws sneeze. "Apologies Ciaran. How about we go explore that noise?" He mumbled. The cat meowed an acknowlegement quietly. Nier pulled his shoulder bag to him and flipped over the covering flap so he could slide his journal and charcoal back into the safety of the bag, rising as he flipped the cover back over the bags opening.

His paw falls were near silent as he padded through the leaf litter, steeping high over roots and ducking under the odd low branch. Ciaran weaved in and out of the low, dense foliage that covered the forest floor, occasionally poking his head through the fronds of a fern or creeper to fix his grey-green eyes on his tall friend. It wasn't long until the pair came to what looked like a alrge clearing, maybe even the edge of the forest, for most of the trees stopped there, the remaining ones still short comapred to their giant cousins. His cyan eyes scanned the grass but he didn't spot the rabbit that raced past him, in fact it made him jump as its back paw thudded into his ankle, not noticing the tall Luperci in its desire to get away.

Against all better judgement, Nier walked out onto the overgrown field before him, wanting to find out what had spooked the rabbit so. He was alerted by Ciarans meow to a shadow wheeling overhead, he glanced up and noticed the bird circling above, so he moved in that direction. His eyes fell on the prostrate form of a young canine, the warm reddish fur standing out against the green of the grass, the darker red of the others mohawk standing out even more. Niernan stopped a respectable distance away and placed his paws on his hips. "I assume it was you chasing that rabbit?" He asked, Irish lilt smoothing out his words, he looked behind the flattened young wolfdog and eyed the protruding rock that he seemed to have tripped over in his haste to catch the rabbit.

Nier knelt down to look at the others odd coloured eyes, as he knelt Ciaran took the opportunity to jump up on his shoulder, "Need a hand up?" He asked politely, offering a paw to the lupus wolfdog, "I'm Niernan by the way, so you can say I'm no stranger anymore if that would worry you." At Ciarans loud meow in his ear he grimaced, "Oh, and this is Ciaran." He said gesturing at the cat on his shoulder.

<style>
.neicait04 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.neicait04 b {color:#3f4f44; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#090504 0px 1px 0px; }
.neicait04 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/exY3g.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:4px solid #596c5f; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.neicait04 .inner {margin:29px 115px 15px 15px; padding:12px; background-image:url(imageurl); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:0px solid #000000; height:335px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 307 OOC:

Growling his frustration he was about to get up and go after the rabbit again, but that was when a shadow fell over him and a large shadowy luperci man stood over him. Blinking the young man adjusted his eye to see that the man wasn’t just a shadow but he was the actual color of the shadows. He offered his hand but Jiva shook his head and stood on his own.

“No, thank you though. I’m fine.”

He looked up and saw that Tobias was no longer in the sky. The stinking bird caught his meal he was sure of it. He wasn’t angry but he was annoyed that the bird could be so much more successful than he was. He turned back to the man as he introduced himself and Jiva smiled.

“I am Jiva Takekuro, it is good to meet you.

He turned to the cat as it was introduced and felt his fur go on end a little. He stepped back unsure. He had met a cat, though it was bigger and much more of a threat than this animal, but he had never met such a small cat before and with his luck they didn’t like him very much so he would keep his distance. He didn’t want to be rude though.

“Yes I was, I guess I missed the rock though.”

He said looking at the protruding grey thing that had made him fall and lose his breakfast. He knew Tobias would bring him some, but the animal would no longer be usable for more than just its meat. He knew that he could use the skins to give to others as gifts of kindness, but that was just how it would be for this meal at least.

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 306 - a wild crap post appears!

Nier retracted his offered paw, allowing the young male to heave himself to his paws, he smiled slightly at the others independence. It reminded him of Bran, the man always had to do things his own way and never admitted that he needed help. His smile widened as the other introduced himself as Jiva Takekuro, he liked the name, it had a ring to it. "Pleasure to meet you Jiva.

He noticed the fur on Jiva's neck stand up as he looked at Ciaran, the cat noticed it too and gave his master a look, a small mewl escaping the cats mouth, Nier just caught the Low Speech reference that Ciaran had shot his way in the mewl, although he had no idea why Jiva would be sacred of Ciaran. The cat was still only a kitten at 7 months old and he posed no threat to anyone. The only time Ciaran was deadly was when he was hunting and the only thing that feared him was small rodents.

Nier sat back on his haunches and looked up at the sky briefly, "That bird I saw, that's your bird?" He asked, trying to draw the other into conversation, Nier was always happy to meet new people, especially people that were outside of his family. He'd met so many new Stormbringers and variations thereupon lately that his head had started spinning and he desired to meet others. "My cousin has a white gyrfalcon, I'd love to have a bird, or to get close to Eirias, but he's moody and wants to eat Ciaran." Niernan paused slightly and looked at Ciaran, "Dunno why anyone would wanna eat Ciaran though, he's a right softy, loves his cuddles and playtime. Oh, and he's a skinny bugger, no meat on him at all." He chuckled as Ciaran patted his nose with his paw.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: I forgot where we were going to head with this XDD

Word Count → 315

Jiva was independant, though he did take the help he knew he needed, but seeing as he only tripped and hadn’t hurt himself he wasn’t going to make the man waste his own energy trying to help Jiva up. He still looked at the cat nervously, but listened to Nienan and shook his head at his question.

“No, he’s not a pet of any sort. He is a free spirit and can do what he wants, but he is my friend and companion.”

Jiva said turning his gaze back to the wolf though he kept a close watch on the cat. He thought the animal was big enough for Tobias, so it was possibly a good thing he caught that rabbit rather than the cat itself. At the thought it seemed as though the darker male was thinking along his lines though about someone elses bird. Jiva couldn’t help a smile. He was not entirely into birds, not like his father, he just had Tobias as a companion, he had found Jiva after he had come back. Jiva didn’t know if Tobias liked the idea of more food in his belly by helping out or if he just liked Jiva’s company. He barely made the bird do anything, not like his father had when training him.

“I’m afraid I’m not entirely well learned about birds, but I’m sure my father would love to see your cousins bird.”

Jiva said politely and gave the man a good hearted smile. He looked over at the cat, and could see, a little, how he would be cute. Then again most babies were. It didn’t mean they would be cute when they grew up.

“So uh... I don’t normally fail like that... I suppose its’ the high grasses.”

He said still pretty embarrassed about his fall.

Manip by Ems // Code by the Mentors!

<style type="text/css">
.oceanealy-1 { background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/35it5r6.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#385d76; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 275px 0px; color:#000000; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #172135; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.oceanealy-1 b {color:#99aeb4; }
.oceanealy-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.oceanealy-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.oceanealy-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#000000; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.oceanealy-1 .wordcount {color:#172135; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #172135; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 226 - Yeah, I forgot too. So, do you want Jiva to have any certain tpe of interaction or shall we just have a loverly convo? Also, sorry about overwhelmingly crap post

Nier smiled at Jiva as the younger man admitted to not knowing much about his bird and explaining that the bird was no pet, "Aye, I'm with ya there, I know next to knothing about cats and Ciaran is no pet, he's more of a brother to me. A young, clingy, sometimes annoying brother, but family nonetheless." He chucked the cat under the chin and gave him an affectionate nuzzle.

He let his cyan gaze wash over the grassland, taking in the tall grasses and the evidence of rocks poking above some of the shorter grass tussocks, even one boulder that emerged from grass that was at least three feet high. "I'm not sure I could succeed in a hunt here, I'm used to the forest, and I'm pretty clumsy so I'm sure I'd run smack bang into one of these boulders that are just lying around." He could tell that no amount of words were going to make the younger male feel better about the loss of his rabbit. "I'm sure there's plenty more rabbits around here to hunt, that one that kicked me as it fled looked pretty fat and stupid."

Nier felt the environment of this conversation becoming awkward, he was struggling for things to talk about, resulting to asking a time honoured question, "So, whatcha doing out here? Other than hunting of course."

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 322 OOC: Hmmm perhaps skill teaching? Not sure what Niern knows lol

Jiva was happy that the man was able to see eye to eye with his companionship with the bird, though he felt it odd for someone to call a cat their brother. He would have to look past that. Welll, he thought to himself, to each his own. And the man had no remorse for anything he did with the cat neither so it really was up to him who he was companions with. It was not up to Jiva to tell one what to do nor did he think the man would even remotely listen if he even dared say something along the lines lo.

“Tobias can be pretty annoying sometimes. He likes to show off a lot especially when I have been having such a hard time at hunting, he would toss me a mouse here or there. Just to have a bird laugh I suppose.”

Jiva shrugged. It was getting awkward and it seemed the other man knew that as well, though he brought the subject on another even more strange subject without even knowing it. His heart plagued him. Two women he had just met were very attractive to him and he knew he could only choose one, but seeing as this man was a stranger and didn’t need to know Jiva’s woes, he shrugged.

“Just getting a bit of fresh air I suppose. Sometimes it’s good to get out and take a breather away from your pack. So... have you lived here long?”

He figured the man lived close by, for why would he be here with such a young companion that would need attention? Jiva had met a few nomads in his time but he never really ventured to think they didn’t live where they had set up camp. So he was still new to the idea of loners and them moving from one place to another.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 241 - Sorry for crappost. Thinking we can finish this up soon? Busy busy Djiac is losing motivation.

Niernan chuckled slightly as Jiva explained that Tobias was likely having a laugh at his expense, the boy and the birds relationship was unconventional in Niernans eyes. He was aware, from Sauls relationship and training attempts with Eirias, that owners and birds were supposed to be close, like family. It was apparant that Jiva knew the bird but was not close with him.

Nier tried to keep his trademark smile on his face but he was losing interest in this conversation and Jiva seemed quite peeved about losing his rabbit. The younger wolfs surly attitude did not mix well with Niernans own happy-go-lucky personality and he found his mind wandering back to his journal and the unfinished sketch of Ciaran. His hand-paw wandered to the bag subconsciously, one clawed finger tracing the line that the spine of the book created in the deer hide.

He heard Jiva mention a pack and his ears pricked up sightly, he shrugged as his first response to Jivas question, "I've only been here a little while, me and my family are scouting out an area nearby." He glanced back over his shoulder, "We've spent the last couple of weeks down by Moonstone lakes, but we're thinking of moving up here. The area is beautiful." He glanced back over his shoulder again, "I'm sorry Jiva, I'm so unfocussed right now. I think I may have to get back to my family. It was a pleasure to meet you."

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 218 OOC: Jiva end post ^^

It seemed that their meeting was at an end as all tend to come to some time or another. Jiva was able to get his answer and contemplate it as he smiled warmedly and friendly at the man. He did seem a bit distracted and Jiva wasn’t going to make him stay.

“Not a problem at all. It was really great to meet you Niernan. If you need anything you can come to New Dawn and but to ask. Thank you for being kind about my mishap. I should find my bird as well and get going. I hope to see you again.”

Jiva said. It was a friendly meeting and he liked the guy for all he knew him only a short while. He was interesting, though he was still suspicious of the kitten. Having never met any but a cougar who had tried to rip his alpha’s throat out, he had no good experiences with them to day.... maybe not all of them were bad.... maybe, he thought as he moved away from the man towards where Tobias had landed. He knew the bird would gloat at Jiva losing the kill and he getting it, that was just the way the bird was. He might as well get it over with.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 226 - Exit Niernan and Ciaran. Pleasure threading with ya Shaw. :3

Niernan gave the lupus formed young man a gentle and welcome smile, he straightened from his crouch and stretched out his cramped legs. He brushed his tail across the top of the long grass and resettled Ciaran on his shoulder, shrugging his bag strap back onto the other shoulder. He gave a wry chuckle as Jiva expressed his gratitude at Nier's acceptance of his mishap, T'is no problem friend, kindness is in my nature.

Nier took a step backwards, his ears flicking to the forest verge behind him, he gave Jiva one last nod and jovially said Till we meet again Jiva, and I hope we do. Before he watched the young wolf stalk away into the grass, presumably to find his bird companion. Niernan himself then turned and walked back to the forest, his egs moving slowly; he was in no hurry. The day was still young and he wished to finish that drawing he had started. He looked over to Ciaran on his shoulder, Back to camp or back to the forest? He asked the cat, Ciaran gave him a cursory grey-green glance and meowed clearly, "Forest." Nier laughed loudly and sank into the shadows of the high canopied woodland, making a beeline for the log where he had sat before, a merry tune coming to mind and he could not help but hum it.

<style>
</style>
[/html]