minds made up
[html]
12.05.12 . 2.30pm . dampwoods . optime form

His head was literally spinning. It had been Lilin's idea for the excursion, to show the Clan where about's it was they were thinking of relocating to and Saul had been ecstatic about showing his family the houses that he'd found on his not-so-planned trip northward. He remembered the two weeks Lilin had avoided him, the sheer panic that he'd felt when he couldn't find her. He hadn't thought about it- he'd upped and went after her. Niernan and Bran were capable of holding down the fort and when Saul had returned, the camp was still standing which was an added bonus. Temeraire had been far to hypo when Saul had managed to catch him and he wondered what on earth his cousins had done to the boys in his absence. Life had righted itself once more and he and Lilin had managed to at least come to the agreement that there was certainly something going on between them and that they shouldn't ignore each other. It had been then that she'd suggested they make the trip. Getting up there had been largely uneventful, although Colibri had appeared suddenly which had delighted both Saul and Lilin.

They had decided to stay in the houses for the night and return to the Lakes in the morning. Of course, fate would have it that they did not leave straight away. Saul had discovered another Stormbringer relative in the library, although she certainly had more to reveal. His brain refused to process all the information that Miskunn had revealed- he knew it would overwhelm him. But they'd convinced the dark furred Stormbringer to return to the Lakes with them and Saul had lost his interaction with Lilin for most of the journey home- she had been far too wrapped up in talking to their new found relative. They'd arrived back at the lakes and Lilin had graciously allowed Colibri and Miskunn to share her hut with her, despite the relative cramping that would occur.

It seemed life was in some kind of limbo at the moment- they hadn't quite reached that breaking point where they packed up and moved, created a pack completely. But after seeing the houses, spending a night in them, Saul's mind was set. That was where they were going to end up. The day after their arrival had been spent organising, talking to Miskunn some more, stealing kisses from Lilin whenever he thought they had a moment alone. It was risky business, but the thought of creating a pack with her was beginning to dawn on Saul and he couldn't contain his excitement. The only ones not affected by their masters excitement was the animals- Eirias was as aloof and unperturbed as ever and Hermes and Artan remained grazing, uncaring of what was going to happen. Ciaran perhaps had a better understanding of what was happening, although Saul wasn't too sure.

Today dawned bright and early, the sunlight creeping through the doorway of the home that he'd built just a few weeks prior. He felt a little sad and guilty that they would be leaving soon, but it was never his intention to stay here forever. Rising, his routine was cut short halfway through his run as Eirias swooped down from a tree, talons extended to land painfully on Saul's back. He winced, although recognised his birds need for some interaction. He slowed, shoulder blades trying hard not to dislodge the bird. He hadn't seen Eirias since they'd returned, not properly anyway and he wondered what the bird was getting up to. Their limited communication would not allow Saul to ask the bird outright where he'd been, and he doubted Eir would reveal much anyway. Still, walking in silence was a little strange when he hadn't greeted his companion.

"Good afternoon Eirias." He said softly, looking back to see the bird balancing on his back, wings lifted to help the balance process, mouth slightly parted. He enjoyed the company of his bird and hummed softly as he continued walking, trying not to jostle him too much.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba703 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e7e1d8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #18130b; }
.freeba703 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba703 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#203341; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... /sZvvY.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #041521; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb8c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #203341; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba703 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba703 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
677+

[/html]
[html]

WC: 535 OOC: Niro is in Optime :3

Life was going. That’s what Niro knew and when life happened he knew that so were the eggs, as well as the raptors that were coming back from a migration the took to follow some of the animals or whatever reason they left for. So he was on the search with Marahute flying overhead. She was a master of the skies and he knew it. Though she was big, far bigger than many of her own kind, only because she was well taken care of and a female, she could still fly swiftly and diligently through the air, and even as Niro watched her, through the trees. Tasha was with him and showed her own interest in the birds, though how interested she really was, was beyond him. She was giggling at Marahute as she moved back and forth and Niro was sure the bird was making antics just for the child.

Niro was brought to this place by the clusters of trees, enough to hold the birds of prey but easy to move between when need be. There was plenty of prey, and the cliffs. There were many areas around here with cliffs that helped the birds find great nesting grounds. For now he would study the area and see what he could spot. He was good at tracking birds as they were masters of leaving only their droppings as any trace of where they were.

He bent down to see a pellet. So this was home to owls too. He looked up wondering, perhaps he should see what he can offer owls and what they could offer him. He wasn’t sure how well they would take to another predator like Marahute. They were both formidable and he knew that some owls could get as big as his own bird. Tasha asked a few questions and was quite disgusted that her father would pick something up that came from the belly of an owl. Niro’s eyes scanned the ground for a second when he saw that of another luperci.... and a bird on his back. His thoughts on owls ceased immediately. He headed straight for the other man, who gradually became familiar the closer Niro got to him. Tasha asked him a few times who the man was, quietly and soon became silent and hid behind her father when they were close to the man who was a strange her to her. He couldn’t put a name to the man’s face but he remembered the man. He was smiling and walking quickly, but enough that it was only quick and it wasn’t even a jog.

“Hello again! I know I know you from somewhere.”

He said in a polite, yet hearty voice. He was looking between the man and the bird, interested in the beautiful coloration of the bird and wondered where he got it from. perhaps a trade? Or he found it. It was not a bird native to these lands. He wasn’t going to rush into things though, company was always well kept from another bird lover. Marahute didn’t think so. She kept high up on a perch in the trees but she watched and waited.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
12.05.12 . 2.30pm . dampwoods . optime form

He had to admit, he was going to miss the Dampwoods, when they decided to move. Although they were vast, there was a certain sense of home within and Saul allowed his mind to wander around him. Eirias was happy perched on his back, his large bulk weighing down on Saul's back but not enough to be uncomfortable. Still, the rocking motion of Saul's body caused Eir to remain in a state of balance, wings outstretched above his head, tilting this way and that whenever Saul moved. It had been the birds choice to land there and in fairness, his back was stabler than his shoulder. Soon, they would be moving again and Saul hoped that Eirias wouldn't disappear for a week before reappearing once again. He'd been worried about his bird in that absence, although there had been little he could do about it. His bird had come back eventually and the two had begun to build on their bond.

It was Eir who turned first, a soft cry of warning causing Saul to pause. He turned, a little awkwardly with the large falcon on his back. Green eyes collided with a dark grey form, the smaller body of a pup close by. The smile on the mans face was a good enough indicator that he wasn't a threat and Saul relaxed as the two came to a stop in front of him. The opposing male was the first to talk, declaring that they knew each other and Saul nodded softly. He knew the man was familiar, that he'd met him before. A brief flash of the Cobequid Foothills came to him and he remembered the mans name.

Niro? I remember you. He said softly, a grin spreading over his lips. He didn't know the man well, but he was pleased to see him still around. How are you? I haven't seen you around. He stated, knowing that he'd taken off in October to find Siku and Gideon. Niro might have been around then. Green eyes flickered to the dusky shaded pup at his side. And who is this? He asked, a friendly smile on his face. Eirias remained alert as ever, dark eyes spotting the slightly larger form of Niro's bird high in a tree. He gave a soft coo, a sound Saul had come to understand as a curious question. The dark bird looked a little unfriendly, so he turned to look at Eirias for a moment. Stay He commanded softly, waiting to see what would happen with this meeting.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba703 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e7e1d8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #18130b; }
.freeba703 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#203341; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... /sZvvY.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #041521; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb8c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #203341; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
423+

[/html]
[html]

WC: 390

It seemed the man knew Niro’s name, well remembered it more like. He smiled sheepishly at Saul. Niro was usually pretty good with names, especially of those who had interest in birds like he did, and it seemed Saul did have an interest in them. It seemed his memory was already starting to fail him, and this agitated him on the inside, though he didn’t show it outside at all.

“Ah yes, I have been very good indeed. I’ve been about recently, just came back from a bit of a journey with my mate and we had a bit of a surprise as we were headed home.”

He said he thenlooked down at Tasha, who Saul had turned to as well. The little girl looked at the man shyly and then up at her father expectantly, who chuckled and provided the answer to his question for her. She was a shy creature, at least for now and she didn’t really trust grown ups. Niro was ok with that for he knew there weren’t always that many good grown ups around.

“This is Tasha, she is my daughter, one of the newest additions to my family.... I’m afraid your name has escaped me though.”

He said, finding the opportunity to ask the man’s name and hopefully not offend the poor man who seemed like quite a nice guy. He looked over at Saul’s perched raptor and smiled. Trying to remember the type of bird it was exactly, but being as it was not a native around here he didn’t really know. He was far more familiar with the ones that nested and migrated here and cared little of any other places as he knew he wouldn’t be visiting anywhere far again.

“And for that matter, this fine beast over here. He looks quite handsome. Do not worry Marahute will not do anything unless I tell her to. She is just a jealous of anything that comes near me that is of bird kind.”

He could tell that the other bird was nervous, and didn’t blame him, nor Saul. Marahute was quite a big bird. After all she was a golden eagle, and they were one of the biggest birds in the world, well bird of prey at least.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
hmmm, i just realised that my info said he was in his optime form... I meant Lupus! sorry about that!

Belatedly he realised he should have provided his own name, especially as Niro had already confessed that he didn't know his name. The grey man chose to answer his question however and Saul listened to the polite smile. Eirias grip had lessened since his command and the bird seemed more certain of what was going on. Saul had learnt early on that the young bird hadn't had much direction, despite the traders he'd got him from. They'd had a multitude of birds, but the pale plummage of the male had drawn him in, as well as the relative attitude the bird had. He was fierce, bad tempered and didn't quite understand that pups and cats weren't food, but Saul wouldn't have him any other way. Niros words came back to him and he chuckled softly as the man looked down at his daughter.

I can imagine it was quite a nice surprise though. He chuckled, green eyes turned towards the pale pup. She turned shy and looked to her father for guidance. He was kind about it and introduced the pup as Tasha, the newest member of his family. A pleasure to meet you Tasha. He said, a kindly look to his face. He understood nervousness and turned his attention back as Niro confessed that he did not know his name. Ah, I should have introduced myself earlier. I'm Saul Stormbringer. He said, a little chuckle to his voice. Perhaps the man might remember him in later days. The males attention turned to Eirias, who was watching something off in the distance in complete oblivion to the conversation at hand. He glanced back over his shoulder with a tender smile.

This is Eirias, he's still young. He's a Gyrfalcon- I traded for him at the Winter Festival back in February. He explained, aware that Gyrfalcons were not usually found in these areas. Niro's words made him smile softly and glance up towards the bird, identified as Marahute. Well, I guess jealousy is better than trying to eat my cousins cat... Eir hasn't quite worked out about cats and pups yet. He chuckled, although his bird seemed more than interested in something in the undergrowth. It was better than the bird staring at Tasha, it certainly would have freaked her out.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
380+

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Bad+Script);
.niro1Outline {width:470px; margin:0 auto; }
.niro1Left{float:left;width:150px;height:500px;border:1px solid black;background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... otable.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:#00CC00;}
.niro1Right{float:right; width:300px;padding:1px;border:1px solid black;background-color:#0E8C3A; background-image: url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /Niro2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:60px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px;}
.niro1Top {text-align:right; font-size:9px; color:#fff; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:100%; width:300px; }
.niro1Words {text-align:center; font-size:32px; margin:2px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#253874; font-family: 'Bad Script', cursive;}
.niro1Bottom {text-align:right; font-size:9px;color:#fff; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:100%; width:300px; }
.niro1Input {padding:10px; width:280px; color:#000; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60); line-height:120%; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;}
.niro1Input b {color: #31B94D;}
</style>

WC: 463 OOC: Is all good. I don't htink Niro made a move for an optime saul. :3

“Oh it was one of my better surprises believe me. Pups are my world and I’ll have as many as my mate wants, surprise or no. I take care of her and the pups best I can and I get results like little Tasha here, or my son or other daughters who are grown and have left the nest.”

He chuckled. He didn’t have as hard a time as Amaranth had when Jiva left. He had his own daughters taken from him when they were three months old. Even Maggie, who had come back had left in an unceremonious way and Niro felt better knowing that Jiva had gone to find his own way while respecting his parents and letting them know. He hated the circumstances and the age that Jiva had left, but perhaps his daughter or new son would stay a bit longer, or even in Cour des Miracles for their lives. He smiled gratefully at the man’s mention. He locked his name and the look of his face in Niro’s head. This time to remember. He was sure to see the man around again soon.

“I’m usually good with names, but I suppose the time was wrong to meet up my mind must have been quite occupied with something.”

In fact he was distracted most entirely as it was the point where he was trying to find the pack Anathema, to gift them with a messanger pigeon. This he vaguely remmebered but not much of it, he just knew that Saul had helped him find the entrance to the caves they had lived in.

“I am sure with a bit more training he’ll be good to those that are your friends young or old. Tobias was like that. He was a bird I had first trained, two years of age at the time I believe, magnificent beast. Yours is quite a sight too I must say. I have heard of his kind only in mention in books, but didn’t really look into reading about them as they aren’t from here. It would have been nice to see other birds that were being traded.”

Niro said, thinking, that at that time he and Amaranth were burried under snow trying to keep their puppies warm. They had been just born, and the snow had surprised them. They had stayed there for a day or so until Niro finally had to go out and hunt for him and Amaranth. He loved staying with his family just them, though he missed other’s interactions. Especially when Amaranth was in one of her moods. He had to admit it was hard moving two wiggling puppies even in optime form away from the unsettled mother.

Table by Marie

[/html]
[html]
gah so sorry, this one slipped through my fingers!

Cinnamon backed ears flashed forward, sensitive to the vibrations of sounds sent his way. He snorted softly, internally comparing his own little surprise to Niro's. In theory, based on how old little Tasha was, Saul had been presented with his little surprise just a few weeks before Niro had been blessed with his pups. Of course, the grey man had had his mate with him to help. Saul had been handed his son from nowhere. "I feel the same- I had my own little surprise back in January... my son Temeraire is nearly five months now." He admitted, smiling fondly at the thought of his son. His son was very similar to him in a way and neither of them had to say much to each other to have a basic understanding on the other. Despite not outwardly looking like they had a close bond, it was common that the two of them would sit up late into the evening, talking and asking questions- it was their own form of bonding.

The grey male shot him a small smile, to which Saul returned. He knew it was sometimes difficult to remember all those one had met. The male continued, explaining himself. Saul gave him a soft smile before shaking his head once to indicate that it wasn't a problem. There was no point in commenting on it though and he allowed their conversation to continue onto the birds that were apparently their common interest. Niro commented on his worries about Eirias and Saul nodded softly. He'd been working with the male to try and get him to see cats and pups as something other than prey, but their communication was limited and he wasn't sure how much the bird understood. Niro continued, giving an example of a bird he'd once had called Tobias. "What did you do about him?" Saul asked, curious as to how Niro had approached the topic with the bird.

Niro spoke once more, commenting on Eirias's breed and his regret that he hadn't been at the winter festival. Saul had to admit, he'd had an amazing time and he very much hoped that the traders would return in February once more. "I agree, they aren't from around here specifically. But I was informed that they naturally inhabit most of Northern America so this environment isn't too different for him." He offered in return, glancing back towards Eir and giving the bird a small smile. Of course, the bird didn't quite understand what smiles were for and responded with a soft squark and a ruffle of his feathers. "Are you travelling somewhere?" He asked, wondering what the male was doing in the woods today.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
447+

[/html]
[html]

WC: 430 OOC: Sorry for the delay Sad

Niro smiled thankful that he wasn’t the only one who planned on pups. Every single one he had, was a surprise. Especially his first litter in which he only found out about after they were three months old. It was crazy and he felt shirked at the thought that he had missed those three months. It mattered little Poppy was the only one who wasn’t around and she had always been so shy of him. He doubted she would ever come back, though he hoped she would be happy where ever she was.

“Children are our blessing. They are the best surprise. At least in my eyes.”

The man said calmly, letting his tail wag behind him. Tasha copied him, except her tail curled up onto her back, just like her mom. She was quiet and started at Saul, not sure how to take him in. At the question on Tobias Niro shrugged.

Do you mean when I left, or when he acted up? If he acted up I would ignore him, put him in his cage and let him mope on it. They love attention, hawks, there’s other ways too but I didn’t have to use them because he liked his attention far more than anything in the world. He became somewhat gentle... usually by leaving the area with a pup or other animal.”

He chuckled, he missed Tobias, and wondered where the bird had got to. Where ever he was, he hoped the animal was safe and happy. He looked at the bird Saul owned nodding as the man explained. Any bird could live in different conditions, depending on the type of care they were given. It was entirely up to the canine that took care of the bird to give the animal what it needed.

“ Sort of, I’m actually just getting an idea of the birds that live in the area. I’m hoping to do exchange offers for the animals, and possibly win a small alliance with them... if not I’ll just have to go back to trapping them. I’d really hate to do that because they are all very proud birds”

Niro said he pointed up in the trees to where the birds were hidden away. He knew that some hawks and falcons would be high up in the tops of the trees where the eagles would nest in the cliffs, but he still had to figure out their territory, and his idea would hopefully come to fruition in a year or so.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
sorry chicky, finishing up!

Niro's words on children certainly hit home with the grey male and Saul gave a soft snort and nod to agree with the man. Temeraire's birth had definitely been the biggest surprise of his life, but he couldn't have asked for a better child. He was everything a young pup should be- inquisitive, thirsty for knowledge, innocent. He would do anything to keep his son like this, but he knew that sooner rather than later, things would be changing and his son would become a little more world savvy. He wanted to introduce his son to the majority of these experiences before the boy could accidently stumble across them on his own. His attention was grasped once more when Niro explained the way he'd handled his own bird and Saul nodded softly. It might work with Eirias, although for the moment he didn't think the male particularly craved attention from him.

"Thank you for that, I'll try it and see how it goes! Its better than doing nothing!" He chuckled, tail flickering back and forward as he glanced at the bird on his back. It was a good job he understood little high speech, because Saul was sure he'd be outraged at the knowledge that Saul would lock him up if he tried to attack another cat or pup again. His question was answered and Saul turned back, green eyes showing interest as he explained about the local bird population. He understood completely what the man was saying and offered a soft grin. "In that way, I'm glad I got Eirias from a bird trader. I didn't have to tame him first, or catch him. I guess its an easier way of doing it, but not readily available." He offered with a careful shrug of his shoulders.

He knew he was going to have to get back in a moment and with a soft sigh he turned to Niro with a dip of his head. "I'm sorry Niro, but I must be getting back to my family. I hope you find what you're looking for! It was a pleasure to meet you again, and little Tasha." He offered by way of goodbye, before he turned and moved back into the woods. He was pleased the bird had returned and he thought it might be nice to return to the Lakes to get him reacquainted with their new home.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
399+

[/html]