Fly Again
[html]

OOC goes here.

Dalgina hummed softly, scratching herself against a nearby tree. Every single time she got the slightest itch now Dalgina thought she might be shifting, but it never was the case. She had no idea when it was going to happen, or why she had been left behind. At least Keldava hadn't shifted yet either. The divide between the siblings had definitely grown wider, Dalgina drawing closer to her protective sister, unsure of what to do now that she couldn't do the same things Pandora and Honrin could.

Moving past the border Dalgina chatted happily with the bird perched on her back. Tehu was growing stronger now, flecks of feathers sticking through his downy body. The kestrel moved along his back, chirruping back to the female. Tail wagging Dalgina replied, making sure not to repeat any of the bad words that she had learned from Fawkes. Wings spread as tiny talons dug in. A small yelp escaped her before she settled down, letting Tehu come down and wander the ground before her. He wouldn't get too far, as Dalgina kept a close eye on him, but enough to let him have fun while she soaked in the sunlight and beauty of the landscape.

<style type="text/css">
.dalptbrsh b {font-weight:bold; color:#df96b2; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia;}
.dalptbrsh .ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center;}
.dalptbrsh .wc {font-weight:bold; color:#df96b2; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia;}
.dalptbrsh p {text-indent:0px; padding:2px 10px}
.dalptbrsh {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#eaf1fa; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/uSjyK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #898d92; padding:245px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#898d92; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; text-align:justify; border-radius:7px; border-top-left-radius:50px; border-top-right-radius:50px;}
.dalptbrsh p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.dalptbrsh p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 300

“Daddy come on she went this way!”

The three month old pup called after her mohawked father. They were chasing after a golden eagle, who had found something evidently good and was showing them the way to it. Niro couldn’t help but laught at the girl as she excitedly ran around, wondering what it was. Niro was just glad he wasn’t hunting or whatever Marahute found would get away. It seemed it didn’t, for when Niro closed in on the bird he saw her dive for a killing blow. Tasha ran as fast as she could so she didn’t miss it, but sadly for her the bird already had her prey in her talons. She stood stock still, her wings outspread and a mouse clutched in her talons. It had been squeezed to death already, but she was waiting for Niro, to give him the mouse, as a gift. Niro shook his head at the bird.

“No my friend I think it will fill you better than me, eat”

He said, the last few word was in low speech and the bird complied, enjoying her catch very much. She was in no way unhappy that he didn’t take the meal. Hearing a sound Niro stood up, Tasha heard it too and she went stock still, but it had stopped. Tasha took a few brave steps toward the sound but Niro hissed. Tasha had moved just enough to see a black puppy, much bigger than her, laying down. That was when she squeeled and all hell broke loose. the girl came rushing for the other and made to bowl her over. Niro cringed and hurried after her, not knowing what the girl saw until the little black girl was in sight.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
ooc here

Dalgina sat up at the sight of a beautiful raptor flying overhead. Her tail wagged as Tehu scuttled back into the safety of his young owner. Her head dipped down just for an instant to lick at his head before she was captivated as the bird dived down. Her tail wagged in aw at the sight, disappearing just a few short feet away. If she stood up, perhaps she could even meet the bird. Dalgina knew enough low speech to be able to communicate at least a little with it.

Deciding that this was a good plan Dalgina stood up. Protests came from Tehu as she moved, leaving him to hop on the ground after her. A pup came rounding the corner, and Dalgina froze. She was smaller than the black female at least, but Tehu could be trampled by her! Rapidly the girl spun around, crouching over Tehu. The pup hit her back, pushing Dalgina forwards a little. Chirps of protest erupted, Dalgina softly trying to sooth him from the shock. Peeking over she looked to see who had come over, interrupting her.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable4 b {font-weight:bold; color:#82752F;}
.freetable4 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable4 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#FFF159; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/GWdJz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #82752F; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 180px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#AD9C3F; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 230

Tasha didn’t see the bird, nor did she care much, she was after the girl, and this was how she tended to greet her twin brother, of course she rarely got to see anyone her age much less closer to her size, so when she hit the girl she was confronted with a ball of fur, and nothing playful in kind. She jumped back and barked at the girl, not sure if she got the whole idea of the game. Niro joined the two and looked at the scene before him.

“Tasha dear, calm down, don’t you see she has something with her? She doesn’t want it hurt. Come on back away sweetie.”

Niro said and picked the girl up a little under the arms and moved her back an inch or so before putting her down again and adressing the other puppy.

“I am sorry, she is still new to greeting strangers. I am Niro Takekuro, and this is my daughter Tasha Takekuro. Is your bird ok? Can I have a look at it? I am pretty good with birds.”

He wasn’t going to add that it was mostly raptors he took care of but if Tasha had hurt the bird in any way he was confident he could give a good enough diagnosis, and help it however he could.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
ooc here

She turned around as the pup barked at her. The black female almost bared her teeth at the young pup until she realized how tiny she was. Instead Dalgina sat down, letting Tehu move around to squawk with protest at the treatment. He hadn't liked being flattened at all. She giggled as he repeated some of the bad words Fawkes said. Looked like he was going to be taking after the hawk that cared for him.

She watched the pup be picked up and put a short distance away, stepping over and sniffing at the pup curiously. Tail wagging she looked up. Tehu's okay. He just didn't like being squished. At the sound of his name the young kestrel looked up, letting out the best frightening call he could. I'm Dalgina. She looked to the little girl again, wanting to play and at the same time cautious about doing that.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable4 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#FFF159; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/GWdJz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #82752F; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 180px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#AD9C3F; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 258

Niro’s eyes went to the bird as she spoke of him not liking being squished and Tasha had an embarrassed, “i’m sorry” look on her face, though her little curly tail was wagging furiously.

“I think Tasha is sorry. She gets excited really easy when she sees someone who’s not quite grown up yet.”

The puppy nodded but didn’t want to add her own words she was looking at the bird who was indignant, and unhappy and looking utterly comical in the girls opinion. That was when Marahute came back and she landed in her usual spot on Niro’s shoulder. She gave the bird a ruffle of her feathers. Niro looked at Marahute and shook his shoulder a little, and gave her a low whistle. The large bird gave him an indignant look but she took off and perched on a higher branch. Niro turned to the girl and smiled at her.

“May I see your bird? I won’t touch him, but I love all kinds of raptors and I’ve taken care of them. Marahute there was hatched by me. I don’t have to hold him or anything though!”

Niro said kneeling down, wanting to get a better look at the chick who seemed to be starting to grow his feathers. Marahute gave an indignent call but continued to stay on her perch. She was outragiously jealous but she would not do anythign without Niro’s blessing and she knew he wouldn’t allow her to eat this annoying little bird.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
ooc here

Dalgina looked at the pup that was being cuddled with curiosity. Her tail was curled. Dalgina hadn't seen a tail like that before. Not to mention she hadn't met anyone younger than her past the pups that Kiara had carried. Smiling Dalgina accepted the apology with all the grace of a growing pup, lopsided grin hanging down. That's alright. A large bird came down then, and the female's gaze riveted to it.

The bird was so large, and absolutely gorgeous. It could probably easily eat Tehu for breakfast. Fascinated by the wings Dalgina watched until the beautiful raptor moved to a branch. A large grin on her face she turned back. Nodding her head she moved softly, calling for Tehu to climb up. The bird did so happily, perching on her head as she trotted closer to let the bird man examine him. He's going to grow up and be huge and have beautiful wings and fly everywhere! Happy chirps followed this proclamation, Tehu heartily agreeing.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Bad+Script);
.niro1Outline {width:470px; margin:0 auto; }
.niro1Left{float:left;width:150px;height:500px;border:1px solid black;background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... otable.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:#00CC00;}
.niro1Right{float:right; width:300px;padding:1px;border:1px solid black;background-color:#0E8C3A; background-image: url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /Niro2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:60px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px;}
.niro1Top {text-align:right; font-size:9px; color:#fff; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:100%; width:300px; }
.niro1Words {text-align:center; font-size:32px; margin:2px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#253874; font-family: 'Bad Script', cursive;}
.niro1Bottom {text-align:right; font-size:9px;color:#fff; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:100%; width:300px; }
.niro1Input {padding:10px; width:280px; color:#000; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60); line-height:120%; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;}
.niro1Input b {color: #31B94D;}
</style>

WC: 308 OOC:

Tasha, seeing the danger go away from the other girl, timidly moved closer, but was afraid to play now. She looked at the chick that she had almost squashed and then at her daddy who had asked to see it. She sat down to take in the scene, quiet as could be, possibly due to her scared surprise, and she didn’t want to hurt the baby bird either.

Niro himself sat down to have a better look at the chick he heard a soft unfriendly sound come from Marahute’s direction. Niro rolled his eyes but smiled at the chick.

“He is very well taken care of. Do you feed him? I heard that birds loved to be tickled right under their beaks here.”

He took his pinkie and pointed, though he did not touch the chickling. He chuckled happily thinking about what she was saying.

“He won’t be the biggest of birds. That lays with Marahute’s kind but he will get big and be strong I’m sure of it. And he will be beautiful. A Kestrel like this one, he will have fine feathers i’m sure.”

The man said. Kestrels were actually one of ther smaller species of raptors but he wouldn’t say that and it was also the kind of bird he was. Different types tended to be different sizes and how they were taken care of by their parents. Marahute was a good size taller than many of the female wild birds, and that was because Niro babied her, yet kept her exercised and hunting on her own. He had even seen her grab a goat and throw it off a cliff once. That was a scary yet interesting sight, because he knew that if she really wanted to, she could do the same to him.

Table by Marie

[/html]
[html]
ooc here

Dalgina swelled with pride at his words. She spent a lot of time with him, talking to him and showing him different things. The young girl shook her head at the question. Fawkes takes care of him. He keeps Tehu warm and sits on the egg. Fawkes was usually grumpy, but at least Tehu didn't seem to be picking up any of Fawkes' bad habits, happy to spend time with Dalgina and play with the young pup.

Looking at Tehu Dalgina shook her head. She hadn't managed to do that at all. Dalgina couldn't shift yet, to her great disappointment, limiting what she could do with him. As soon as she gained hands though, that would be the first thing she would do. Well, maybe not the first. Disappointment sparked in her eyes at his words. She had been so sure of herself. At least Niro was in agreement about Tehu being as beautiful as she had thought he'd be. Tail wagging Dalgina nodded her head. He'll be bright red! Just like Fawkes and Grynn! Not that he was related to those two birds Dalgina idolized.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 193

The girl beamed with pride at Niro’s words and it made him especially happy that he could make her happy, even though he barely knew her. He kept his position on the ground so he could be at eye level. Shifting was just too much for him to think about and he only used his lupus form for hunting. Tasha stared at the older girl in interest but she was afraid to play with the girl because she hadn’t responded to the pup’s playfulness. in fact she went defensive, she sat sulking a little, but kept her ears alert.

“do you live around here? In the Art place?”

He had little experience with d’ Arte, in fact it hadn’t always been good for the previous alpha of the pack had impregnated Niro’s sister and took off after they were born, or he figured that’s how it happened. Whatever the case Niro didn’t care for that wolf, but had little to do with the pack that was one of his neighbors. He didn’t want to change the subject but he was curious about the pack and the girl itself.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
Dalgina's full attention was focused on the bird that sat with her. She loved Tehu, even with him so young. Even better, Dalgina could talk to him, and even if he was rather childish right now, Dalgina was still growing, and was a child herself in many ways. The growing mind could be seen in occasional glimpses of thought, though it was washed out with the presence of her bird, lighting up with the dreams that flickered inside her. She sat down again as Tehu came over, pruning Dalgina's fur. Obediently she dipped her head down, proceeding to wash the bird with her tongue to the best of her ability. It was more difficult than one could imagine, feathers getting all over the place and not tasting very good.

Asked if she lived in Cercatori d'Arte Dalgina slowed. Yes, that was where she lived. Her heart beat slowly, listening to his words. The pack she belonged to. It was strange thinking of it that way, so long attached to Ichika. She'd lived for the majority of her life there, and now this pack was taking it's place. Despite her efforts to remain apart Dalgina had made friends, and was learning what the pack looked like, where the borders were. Yes, I live there. My family moved there from Ichika.