Chance meetings
[html]
12th May 2012. 4pm. Dampwoods, Optime form. 403 words

After the expedition every one had been excited, the chatter had not stopped and Bran was starting to become annoying. But more than that, the others were all excited over the discovery of another relative. Oh, Niernan was excited too, he couldn't wait to actually get to talk to her, and to move up into the houses, but it was all change, and he was worried. He also couldn't keep his eyes away from the enchantingly withdrawn Colibri. For some reason he was undeniably drawn to her but he didn't want to force anything as she was still new to the clan and didn't know him or his brother too well yet. He shook his muzzle to try and clear his thoughts, failing miserably as his mind wove its way back to the brown pelted woman.

He stood abruptly and shook his whole body, letting his fur re-settle before he patted his short pockets to check that his daggers were there before striding out of the hut he shared with Bran and making directly for the forest. He broke into a sprint before he even reached the tree line, neatly dodging the trunks and roots as he picked up speed. He heard a commotion to his right and glanced down to see a streak of dark brown sprinting alongside him, it seemed that Ciaran didn't like being left behind. Nier smiled, he enjoyed Ciarans company, the cat often lef him to his thoughts, but knew when to break him out of his reveries. He was also a very valuable play partner and that, Niernan surmised, was what he needed right now.

The dark wolf man scanned the trees, he knew this area and he knew that there was a grassy meadow around here somewhere, he spotted it suddenly and performed a hard right turn, nearly standing on Ciaran in the process, he stumbled as he tried not to flatten his cat and rolled tail over ear tips as he fell. He broke from the tree cover with a yelp as he tumbled once more and came to a stop on his shoulders, viewing the world upside down before his body regained gravity and he fell back to earth with a dull thud. Ciaran purred brokenly, his version of laughter, as he leaped onto his masters chest. Nier grinned up at the cat, and they began roughhousing, little growls and chuckles emerging from both of them.

<style type="text/css">
.nscross b {font-weight:bold; color:#2a5c9b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #a3b9d1; }
.nscross p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.nscross {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 266e17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2a5c9b; padding: 440px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.nscross p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.nscross p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 408 OOC: Sorry this took so long and Niro too is in Optime Smile

Niro was taking what he thought was “inventory” of the areas close to home. He was actually getting an idea of the birds in the region and where they nested and he was sure to bargain with them. They were more likely to give up their “weaker” eggs to him for a good deal of food, he had learned that from Marahute, but he didn’t want the eggs just yet... and he had not even opened his mouth to bargain with them. Many were just coming back and starting to lay their eggs and the males tended to attack Marahute when she came to close, even if she tried to talk to them. He figured he would give them more time. He figured they would be more receptive soon enough, or even wait for next year. If he talked with them during the year, bargaining with them he was sure some of them would be interested in a proposition, though he knew birds of prey were very protective of their young, but let them fight with each other even to the death so the stronger one could survive. Life was a tangled web and his mind was swimming with the thoughts, possibilities that could probably never even happen in the true world. He saw movement ahead and stopped. There was a figure, wait no, two figures and they were rolling around in the tall grasses. This brought on the attention of the eagle, who flew overhead. When he was able to get a little closer he saw that is was a luperci man and a cat. Niro couldn’t help but give a hearty chuckle at this, and was sure the man heard him. So he figured he would butt in slightly.

“A good day for some play is it not?”

He couldn’t help another chuckle as it escaped his throat. He had met a cat before, a black one, and he was more recluse than anything else, but Niro had no problems with them, and it seemed neither did this man. Marahute dove down and landed on Niro’s shoulder, the large bird was nearly as big as Niro’s own head. She eyed the pair, and Niro knew she would likely have the cat if she really tried, and he spoke softly to her in low speech. “not food” She ruffled her feathers in answer to him, a big “Well duh” in his face.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
Never mind about time, I gots plenty of it. Nier's gonna get all spazzy over Marahute, he loves animals. 359 words

Niers head shot up, Ciaran draped over his muzzle, as he heard the voice. His tan ears pointed forwards and his cyan eyes were wide, he had been so wrapped up in his play and his comfort in the area that he forgot others often wandered here. He hadn't realised he was holding his breath until Ciaran mewled at him, telling the young Stormbringer to take a breath. He gasped in air and let his tongue loll out comically, his blue orbs flitting over the tall canines form, finally coming to rest on the beautiful bird perched on his shoulder. He stood quickly, his momentum causing Ciaran to slide off of his muzzle and to the floor.

Nier grinned foolishly and offered a paw to the strange, but oddly familiar man, "Excellent day to play, weathers just right. Niernan Stormbringer by the way, and this is Ciaran." He said jubilantly, his Irish lilt playing with the words as they left his mouth. "And sometimes a bit of play is needed to please the soul." He smiled at his cat companion as the dark tabby kitten leapt onto his shoulder, mirroring the other man and his eagle, but quite a bit smaller.

Niers cerulean eyes couldn't help moving back to the bird on the mans shoulder, he appreciated the beauty of the bird, wishing he had his sketching things with him, but he had left them in his hut back at camp. "May I say your bird is a beauty, have you had her long? She sits so well, my cousins falcon is more like to maul the man than sit quietly. But then I suppose Eirias is still new to it all, and not yet settled." His simple question trailed off into reverie as his mind wandered freely, his freedom from tension having come from his short play session with Ciaran. He knew it would take him a while to get his thoughts back in order, but he didn't want to go back to the dark place those thoughts took him to. For the moment he was happy to live in the moment and take what this situation gave him.

<style type="text/css">
.nscross b {font-weight:bold; color:#2a5c9b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #a3b9d1; }
.nscross {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 266e17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2a5c9b; padding: 440px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
ACTIVE:

[html]

wc: 406

It seemed that Niro wasn’t the only one who knew about shaking hands. He had many wolves give him odd looks when he went to the custom he had learned as soon as he could shift. It was a custom he had learned from his father when he had met someone he liked, or greeted a new wolf. It was something Niro grew up with until his father died. Niro happily took Niernan’s hand and spoke enthusiastically.

“The name’s Niro Takekuro, it’s a pleasure to meet you! And you as well young kitling!”

Niro said looking towards the young kitten. He turned back to Niern as he spoke of Marahute and Niro’s pride grew as the man complimented her. He had her for some time now and couldn’t imagine a time without her. It was amazing how much time had passed since he had stolen her egg from its nest.

“Me and Marahute have been together for nearly two years. She was just an egg this big. She’s been with me ever since. Oh, and your cousin, would he be Saul? You two have the same name, and I just saw him earlier!”

What a small world it was. He knew he heard the name, but when he spoke of the falcon, well that brought the memory of the morning quite fresh into his mind.

“Wild birds are not so easy to convince that it’s a good life to be with a luperci. I got lucky with Marahute here, she knows nothing else but she is free to go where she pleases and so far it’s been with me that she’s been pleased to stay with.”

He said. He had actually captured many wild raptors from all over his home, and he found that Marahute was by far the easiest he could have ever trained, though he had her since she wasa shiny little egg, and she had grown from a tiny little puff of fluff to the sleek beautiful creature that sat on his shoulder now, and she knew she was being talked aobut. She knew high speech as well as any, but could not speak it. She was puling on a chest feather, showing off her beauty that way, in a proud way and Niro rolled his eyes in a mocking way as he shrugged his shoulder that she sat on.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
weeeeee, derp derp derp. 373 words

Nier loved the fact that Niro shook his paw, most others that he met looked at his paw askance when he offered it, but not Niro. His firm grip and shake of the paw was welcome and somewhat comforting. Niers ears picked up at Takekuro. He waited until the pale man had finished speaking and he smiled at the way Niro adressed Ciaran, the cat in question mewled a reply before nuzzling into Niers hair shyly. Nier spoke up then, Takekuro? Any relation to Jiva? He and I had a brief meeting the other day. He also had an avian companion.

As Niernan complimented the bird he saw Niro's chest swell with pride, it seemed he had pleased the other wolf with his compliments, they were well deserved in his eyes. He had heard somewhere that it was always best for training if the bird knew you from hatching, and it seemed to be true if the visible bond between Niro and his Marahute was anything to go by.

He was surprised to hear Sauls name, he was unaware that his grey cousin had left the camp, but he couldn't blame the man for wanting to stretch his legs. Aye, Saul and I are cousins, our camp is not too far from here. I assume he and Eirias are out training. He reached up with his paw and rubbed the notch between Ciarans jaw and neck, getting a purr from the large kitten. He knew what Niro meant about wild caught birds, there had been many a time when Nier had got too close to a nesting birds territory and he had been chased away. He nodded, at Niro, Yeah, birds are free spirits, I suppose Eir is still holding onto those roots. Unlike this one. He chuckled, giving Ciaran a poke, He's about as wild as a ball of yarn. But then I have had him since he was 2 or 3 months old. It's always nice when they choose to stay. Ciaran had a little freedom not so long ago, after he decided that I no longer deserved his company, but as you can see he returned. He smiled fondly at his kitten, while Ciaran hid his face again, this time from embarrassment.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 374

Niro raised his eyebrows at his son’s name. He smiled proud of the young man, who had joined New Dawn where Niro’s Niece was alpha. He tilted his head at the comment of an avian companion. Jiva didn’t tell him he had a bird at all, and Niro hadn’t seen nor smelled any when he last saw his son.

“Yes, he’s my son actually, and a companion you say? Did you catch the name of this companion?”

It was a long shot but it could have been Tobias or Gregor, the two birds had been in captivity, and though they could take care of themselves on their own might actually crave wolf parnters. His son had never really shown any interest in training birds when he was younger, though he learned all the same. He nodded as he mentioned Saul being a cousin. It was always good to travel with ones family. He had finally met up with his sister and though they had parted they became a part of the pack they had come to origionally and it was nice to know she was safe and sound.

“I have learned some of their low speech thanks to Marahute, and I hope to see if they would be willing to part with an extra egg for some free food, Marahute might play a part in it, but I don’t know how well that would work. I’m actually here right now seeing who’s territory this is. I’ve seen a few owl’s nests and the cliffs over there have some red tails.”

He pointed to the direction of the ocean where there were a few cliffs that fell off the earth into the ocean. He wasn’t sure how interested this man was, but when it came to birds Niro was a sucker and he loved talking about them. He did, keep the man entertaiend on his cat at least as he had listened to him explain about the kitten leaving but coming back.

“He must have missed your company. I have only really met one cat, he was pretty nice but he was pretty quiet. Does your cat speak any high speech at all?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
=).373 words

Cyan eyes looked to the skies for a moment as he thought back to his meeting with Jiva, he couldn't quite grasp the name, stuttering over the word, Toby? Tony? It began with a T. That much I remember. He paused for a moment, tapping his chin with one calloused finger, before suddenly letting out a grunt of recognition, Tobias. I think he said the bird was called Tobias. Beautiful bird too, although he didn't seem all that interested in it. Nier smiled at Niro, A fine boy though. He's got his head screwed on right.

Nier listened with great interest at Niro's knowledge of the area and the birds. He would always want to know where animals resided as he could use it for his sketching, knowing where they lived saved him from searching the entire forest. he mentally catalogued where Niro pointed, and was amazed that he would be brave enough to take eggs from an eagle nest, even for free food. His eyes flicked back to Marahute, but he could see that males might forget their eggs briefly for her, he was sure the males went crazy over her. Low Speech is always useful, Ciaran has taught me a little. I know enough to call his name and I know some basic words and phrases.

He felt Ciarans tail curl up and around the back of his neck, settling around his shoulders like a scarf, he smiled at the cat. He felt a little emotional, and still quite a bit guilty about Ciarans disappearance. It had taken a search by him and the strange Turkish wolf Levent, and his cat Wilson, to find Ciaran. True his little tabby kitten hadn't taken much persuading but it had still been a conversation he hadn't thought he'd ever have to have with the cat. Niro's question snapped Nier out of his reverie, he grinned at Niro, Sure he does, our deal was that he would teach me Low if I taught him High. He knows enough to say his name, my name, and a couple of other essential phrases. At that, Ciaran meowed a very clear "Hello, I am Ciaran." Causing Nier to give him a proud smile, the cat responding with a smug look.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Bad+Script);
.niro1Outline {width:470px; margin:0 auto; }
.niro1Left{float:left;width:150px;height:500px;border:1px solid black;background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... otable.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:#00CC00;}
.niro1Right{float:right; width:300px;padding:1px;border:1px solid black;background-color:#0E8C3A; background-image: url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /Niro2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:60px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px;}
.niro1Top {text-align:right; font-size:9px; color:#fff; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:100%; width:300px; }
.niro1Words {text-align:center; font-size:32px; margin:2px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#253874; font-family: 'Bad Script', cursive;}
.niro1Bottom {text-align:right; font-size:9px;color:#fff; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:100%; width:300px; }
.niro1Input {padding:10px; width:280px; color:#000; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60); line-height:120%; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;}
.niro1Input b {color: #31B94D;}
</style>

OOC: Herp a derp WC: 345

Niro’s heart started beating faster as the man tried to remember the birds name. It started with a T and Niro knew. Jiva wasn’t all too interested in the whole aspect of bird training so it would have been strange to know the young man had gotten a new bird, but it was just as much of a miracle that Niro’s hardest to train bird wanted to stay with someone.

“Ah Tobias was my first caught bird. Yes he is beautiful. I’m sure that Jiva is taking good care of him or he wouldn’t stay with him. I guarentee that.”

Niro said, and he beamed with pride when the man spoke of the boy having his head on straight. He had better, Niro and Amaranth did their best to raise the boy even when
Amaranth was having her troubled times. Niro tended to take him out when she was having her “attacks” and he didn’t even know of his mothers afflictions. He smiled as the man mentioned knowing low speech. They were pretty much on the same page as Niro only knew a few things, phrases and words just enough for the bird on his shoulder to understand. At the greeting from the kitten Niro’s smile grew.

“It is a great pleasure to meet you Cieran.”

The man directed himself at the cat curled up on the man’s shoulder. It was amazing what animals could do even if they were not canines. It didn’t surprise Niro, because he had heard a cat speak perfect high speech, but it just amazed him in any case.

“You out here for the play? Or other reasons? I hear now that spring is coming there’s soon to be an abundance of other kinds of food besides meat.”

He said remembering the berries him and his sister had eaten for the first time their first year here. He had even learned what a grape was, and so many other things that came around during hte season’s changes.

Table by Marie

[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the wait. muse had to be dragged kicking and screaming. Also sorry for crappost. 297 words.

The pride in Niro's voice and posture was evident to the black and tan wolf, it was almost tangible, and caused Niernan to smile back at the other man. Nier appreciated the attention that Niro gave to Ciaran. He was aware that many people overlooked his feline companion, dismissing him as a lower being, so it was nice that Niro took the time. Even though Ciaran, always a shy kitten when around others, re-buried his face in Niernans short mane of black hair. Nier smiled apologetically, explaining He's a wee bit shy.

Niers apologetic smile spread into a grin at Niro's question, He had spotted the abundance of berry bushes in the area a while ago, when he had scouted the area around the camp, but to be perfecty honest he had completely forgotten about them. He looked to the sky, gave Ciaran a soft stroke and then looked back down. Ah, I was clearing me head with a run and Ciaran decided to join. Big things are happening in my life and a little play time is exactly what I needed. He looked around the grassed clearing, noticing a couple of promising looking bushes around the edges and at least one tree that looked like it might bear fruit of some kind. Although the selection of wild foods, other than meat of course, is quite broad around here. Thinking about it I might just have a forage on my way home.

At the thought of food his stomach started to rumble audibly and he was made very aware that he had not eaten since breakfast that morning, his mind turned back to the camp then and he thought that he may have to be getting back soon, no matter how much he enjoyed talking to the fascinating Niro.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:263 OOC: As long as you forgive me for mine it's all good

“It is ok, I am a big scary old guy I understand.”

He chuckled at his own joke. He was only three after all and still had his own pup energy, though he didn’t play like the pups unless it was with his own or his sister. He listened as the man explained about clearing his head for big things coming his way. Niro know about such things. He had many things that went to his mind when something big happened. His first children, his mishap with a hunt, coming here with his sister and moving just for some book... oh yes there were so many things that he had to clear his mind from one way or another. Good and bad.

“Well I hope it’s a good kind of change. I don’t know about most plants so i eat what I’m given usually and I recognize which isn’t much.”

It seemed that their meeting would be cut off at the mention of food. Niern’s stomach gave a rumble and Niro couldn’t help but laugh.

“It seems that you are in need of some sustenance now. Do not let me keep you I should be on my way as well. Lots to do.”

Niro said with a hearty smile. He would wait for the other man to take his leave before going on his way. Unless he was asked to go, Niro didn’t mind the company at all though was itching to getting back to his scouting for some more birds.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
Exit Niernan. 257 words

Niernan chuckled at Niro's comment to Ciaran, as far as he could tell the pale wolf was not that much older than himself, but of course commenting on ones age was a sure way to relieve tension in conversation, especially with those that were younger.

A large smile spread across Niers muzzle as he thought of the pack that was forming within the folds of their family group, he nodded in answer to the mans statement, It is a fantastic change, but it has come suddenly and it is a little shocking. He tilted his head slightly thinking back on how he and his brother had eaten on their journies. He chuckled again, I am well aqcuainted with edible plants and berries, I had to sustain me and my brother on our travels. He's just a little bit useless. It was said with fondness, as almost everything about his brother was.

Nier smiled apologetically, Yeah, Breakfast was a while ago. He shrugged his shoulders once, slightly embarassed by his gastric vocalisations. It was a pleasure to meet you Niro. I hope to see you again sometime, I would love to know of your efforts with the birds. Good luck with your endeavours my friend. Nier nodded to his new friend and turned to leave. He felt a little rude, but Niro seemed happy to stay where he was and Niernan really did need to go. He strode into the woods, nuzzling into Ciarans fuzzy face, "I like him." The cat mewled, Nier nodded, I like him too. He said.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]