Cuddle Monster
[html]

Hadley

i couldn't resist the title XD anybody wanna come hang out with him?

Hadley looked over the house that he'd just finished gutting. There were some repairs that needed to be done, but overall it was actually in fair decent condition. Taking what couldn't be used Hadley started a small fire. The rotten wood let off a pretty bad smell, but soon enough the normal smell of smoke came out, leaving a cozy fire going.

Relaxing Hadley stretched out on the grass. Isa had finally come out of heat, and the scent was wearing off. He still had to clean the room, since they'd basically gone insane locked up in there, but things were settling down. The scarred male had taken a bath as well, so the smell of Isa's heat no longer clung to his body like perfume. It was a perfect summer day, only a few clouds drifting overhead as he looked up.

<style>
.thardly {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HdEY9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:310px 0px 3px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border:1px #4c433e solid; background-color:#897970; color:#4c433e;}
.thardly .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px; width:490px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.thardly p {text-indent:0px; margin:0px; padding:7px 15px;}
.thardly b {font-size:12px; color:#91aec9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#4c433e 1px 1px 2px;}
.thardly .name {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Mate SC'; padding:20px; color:#99324e; text-shadow:#4c433e 1px 1px 2px;}
.thardly p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.thardly p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC Wooo! Finally have the energy to post! WC: 262

Having just awakened from yet another nap, Isa stretched out and sat at the edge of the bed her and Hadley shared, feeling a little nauseous again. Isa had been sick a lot lately and much more tired than usual. Perhaps there was something wrong with her. She could wait to talk to someone and find out what was going on with her, at the moment, she wanted to get out into the fresh air. Maybe it would make her feel better to be outside.

Making her way out of the fort, Isa stepped out onto the grass, the sun beating down on her and warming her pelt. It felt nice to be outside the fort after having been locked in her room more or less. Hadley had been very protective over her while she was in heat. It was both sweet and annoying, she still loved the man though.

Isa spotted Hadley relaxing in the grass in front of a fire. It seemed he had been working on the house that was nearby, disposing of the unusable wood for the moment. She stepped closer and smiled sweetly at him as she spoke. Hello Hadley. Nice day isn’t it? Isa sat down beside her love and playfully ran her hand through his hair. It’s getting a little long, will need to be cut again soon. Her own hair was starting to get longer as well, covering her eyes slightly and almost reaching down to her shoulders. It could wait as well though, it was too good of a day to spend indoors.

<style>
.isalove .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.isalove p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.isalove b {color:#1D274B; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.isalove {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... love-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:330px 0px 10px 0px; border:2px solid #ffffff; border-radius:20px; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#BE6C96; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.isalove .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #1D274B; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Hadley

Out of character text here.

Hadley glanced up at her words. They were much more gentle than the lustful ones that he was used to. Well, he'd been talking the same way in her presence. The scent hadn't done either of them any good. Knowing that he wasn't in love with Isa, yet slept with her and lied to her about that fact felt terrible. How else could he excuse his actions though? Hadley didn't want to hurt her. If she knew that he had been acting blindly she might be hurt, and Isa already carried enough of that inside her.

Nodding his head he smiled, noting her hair starting to fall across her eyes. That wouldn't do. As she tousled his hair the large male brushed the hair away, letting him see the beautiful blue clearly. Keeping his hair short was fair difficult, needing trims. It was so shaggy. The day was very nice though, and there was no need to rush. Hadley didn't exactly want to go back into the room either, still embarrassed by the scent. Something he'd have to clean up when Isa wasn't sleeping. She seemed pretty tired lately. Perhaps all their activity had finally caught up with her.

<style>
.thardly {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HdEY9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:310px 0px 3px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border:1px #4c433e solid; background-color:#897970; color:#4c433e;}
.thardly .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px; width:490px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.thardly p {text-indent:0px; margin:0px; padding:7px 15px;}
.thardly b {font-size:12px; color:#91aec9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#4c433e 1px 1px 2px;}
.thardly .name {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Mate SC'; padding:20px; color:#99324e; text-shadow:#4c433e 1px 1px 2px;}
.thardly p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.thardly p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here! WC: 305

Hadley seemed to be much more calm without the scent of heat that had clung to her for so long. She was glad her cycle was finally over. Isa could be around him without either one, or both of them, getting distracted by the smell.

As she ran her hand through Hadley’s hair, he used his own to push her hair back, making her ice blue eyes visible. Isa leaned against him, wrapping her arms around him as she nuzzled into his muscular chest. She absolutely loved being around him, perhaps even more when she wasn’t in heat. Feeling completely blissful, Isa tilted her head up to give his cheek a kiss. I love you Hadley.

She started to feel a little nauseous, yet again. She couldn’t explain why she hadn’t been feeling well lately, but it seemed difficult for her to keep anything down. Excuse me Hadley, I’ll be right back. Isa stood and quickly took off towards the trees, not wanting him to see her get sick.

After a moment, she started considering what could have been making her so sick. What flashed into her mind was an image of her cousin Eris when she had been carrying pups. Isa remembered her being sick and tired quite often, but she was also hungry a lot and was moody and easily angered. Isa was just sick and exhausted. It still seemed like a possibility though. Could she really be having Hadley’s pups? She couldn’t be sure; perhaps she could find someone who could tell.

Heading back over to Hadley, she sat back down beside him before laying down and resting her head on his lap. Should she tell him about what was on her mind? Probably but maybe she should wait until she knew for sure. It was difficult to decide.

<style>
.isalove {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... love-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:330px 0px 10px 0px; border:2px solid #ffffff; border-radius:20px; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#BE6C96; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.isalove .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #1D274B; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Arms wrapped around him, and the scarred male found himself holding Isa near him, head leaning against his chest. He didn't mind it, but it was a little uncomfortable for him knowing that there was no cycle to explain away his actions. All that was left were the lies he fed her for fear of her getting hurt. He cared for her so deeply, yet knew that in the end he would probably end up being the one to hurt her the most. What could he do?

His cheek was kissed, and suddenly Isa pulled away. What? He watched puzzled as Isa excused herself. Was something the matter? Maybe she had found someone to love that was better than him. That would be nice. Someone to make her happy, to truly love and cherish her. It was so painful to think about, knowing he couldn't grant her that. Isa returned to lay across his lap, looking so peaceful. Reaching down he stroked her face gently. It's been pretty chaotic, hasn't it? A good reason to rest after everything they did together.

<style type="text/css">
.hadhugs b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdacb8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #120f10;}
.hadhugs p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.hadhugs {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#211b1b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/cpfBz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:360px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#a2a786; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; letter-spacing:.5px;}
.hadhugs p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.hadhugs p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here! WC: 313

As she laid her head down on his lap, Hadley gently stroked her cheek. Chaotic? It didn’t really seem chaotic to her. She had enjoyed the time she spent with Hadley but now he seemed to be acting different. Isa could tell he was uncomfortable earlier when she had her head on his chest, something he didn’t ever seem to mind until her cycle ended. He was away from her much more often now as well. Was it possible that Shadow was right? That her scent completely changed Hadley? It certainly seemed possible since he started calling her beautiful and wanted to be around her once her cycle started. He had never acted like that before, and now that her cycle had ended, he seemed different as well. Perhaps she had done something wrong, or maybe he found someone he liked better. If that was the case, Isa wouldn’t mind if Hadley left her. They weren’t mates anyway and Isa really just wanted Hadley to be happy. If she was pregnant though, it would complicate things, especially if Hadley only acted the way he did because of her scent. She decided it would be best to tell him once she knew for sure what was going on with her.

She looked up at him, wondering how she should ask. Hadley, did I do something wrong? You have been kind of different ever since I came out of heat. If the things you said and did were just because I was in heat I would understand. I wouldn’t be upset or anything, I just want you to be happy Hadley. And I’m sorry about all of this, I just need to get it off my chest before I figure something out. She was being honest. If Hadley had only acted the way he did because of the smell then she really wouldn’t mind.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

The question startled the male. He looked at the silvery female, wondering how she had ever reached that conclusion. She hadn't done anything wrong. As she continued, Hadley's ears flattened. He hadn't meant to act different. It was just so much harder to be around her after what he had done. How could he be friends with her, touch her, without remembering the feel of her body beneath him, without knowing that they had done more than what friends did?

He shook his head. No, it's not that. After what we did...things are different. I can't go back to how we used to be, and I'm not sure how to act now. To cuddle her had a completely different meaning after the words he had spoken. To reassure her Hadley leaned down, wrapping his arms around her. You're just as beautiful as before, and still my partner. I just need to figure out what it is I'm doing.

<style type="text/css">
.hadhugs b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdacb8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #120f10;}
.hadhugs {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#211b1b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/cpfBz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:360px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#a2a786; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Hadley seemed shocked at her question. Perhaps she hadn’t done anything wrong. He was still acting different though. The thought that he wished none of it had happened crossed her mind. It certainly seemed possible since he only acted that way when she was in heat. Now he was more than likely regretting everything that happened. His words seemed to confirm her thoughts. Can’t go back to how we used to be. He wanted to be friends, nothing more. The words hurt but she only wanted his happiness. If Hadley didn’t want her and felt uncomfortable around her then she would do her best to keep him happy, even if it wasn’t with her.

She sat up and put some space between them, hoping to ease the awkwardness for him. I’m sorry Hadley. I should have just stayed in my room from the start. If I had, you wouldn’t feel the way you do now. She looked down and picked at the grass as she continued to speak, keeping herself at least somewhat distracted so she wouldn’t cry. If you want, we don’t have to be partners. I understand that you got carried away because of the scent. If it would make you happy, we can just be friends.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Isa pulled away, much to Hadley's confusion. He hadn't minded it. He liked being close with her. Hadley just wasn't sure what he was supposed to do with her. Since he didn't love her the actions didn't come naturally. He cared for her, but was that really enough? The space increased just made Hadley worry even more. He had screwed up big time. The apology made his heart sink down to hit the ground. He'd made her feel guilty for something she couldn't control.

Coming to her side Hadley gently wrapped his arms around him. At least this came naturally to him. He could comfort her. Gently he stroked at her arms, listening to the sorrowful words. No...I like having a partner. I'm not too sure I could find someone else who could be one as good as you. Was he digging himself a hole? Probably. Putting that to the back of his mind Hadley continued. I'm not very good with change, that's all. There's nothing wrong.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

As she spoke, Hadley moved to her side and brought his strong arms around her again. Isa’s arms were stroked gently as Hadley spoke. He liked having her as a partner. It made her feel a little better at least. Liking her as a partner didn’t mean he loved her the way she loved him though. The way he had been acting since her cycle ended certainly made it seem like she wasn’t loved by him. She would keep her mouth shut though, not wanting to anger or upset him. He claimed there was nothing wrong, that he just couldn’t handle change very well. Accepting his explanation, Isa leaned against him, letting her head rest on his shoulder. I’m sorry for how I’ve been acting lately, and if I’ve been upsetting you in any way. I’ve been feeling a little off lately. I shouldn’t have brought up any of this. I apologize. Can you forgive me?

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Isa relaxed, leaning back into him. His tail dared to sway a little, hoping that she was alright now. He had to act more like he loved her. Even if it was awkward, Hadley couldn't abandon Isa. He couldn't just use her like that. It was a horrible painful thought, considering that he might be like that. Hadley didn't want to use Isa. He wanted to protect her, care for her. He might not love her the way she deserved, but he truly cared, one hundred percent. If only someone else would love her, give her what she deserved.

Softly he rubbed at her shoulders, listening to her speak. There's nothing to forgive. Things have changed. We'll get through it together. That's why we're partners. Protecting each other and making sure everything was alright. He kissed her head softly, leaning back down. The fire was almost burned out, leaving him with nothing to do but continue enjoying the day right where he was.