Silence Becomes You
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Word Count → ### :: OOC words here.

Zeitgeist had been on the verge of thinking that all signs of civilization had vanished when he had finally come across the buildings. "Now look there, I told you we would find somewhere to stay." Zeitgeist delivered the comment to a boy that was walking along at his side. The boy, Guillotine, looked up from where he had been trying to teach Ptolemy, the African Grey in G's hands, a few choice words.

The boy noticed the buildings but along with them there was the complete lack of bustle. Of course the young male had to mime said much and point it out. "Perhaps they are just out and visiting." But even as Z spoke the words he knew just how unlikely it was that the whole town had left home. All of this quiet and open space was certainly something that was going to take some getting used to after having lived in places where he had bumped elbows with someone else at every turn.

"Well, we might as well check it out anyways." Zeitgeist spoke the words with a bit of a shrug and grabbed Guillotine by the upper arm. Gently he guided the boy into the heart had clearly been a small town once upon a time ago. "Ciao? Anyone about?" The words were called out as the male had a look around as the buildings that had once served as residences.

And if you're ever around, in the city or the suburbs, of this town,
Be sure to come around, I'll be wallowing in sorrow, wearing a frown,
like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... e+A+Sister);
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zz-01-cai p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → 425

Sapphire eyes flew open as the young mother startled awake. Her entire body was rigid, the memories of her nightmare slowly faded from her mind along with the fear and regret that the dream had brought on. Two pairs of puppy-blue eyes stared at Kiara in the dim light of the den. Confusion spread across their faces and Lucia whined a little at her mother. "It's okay sweet heart, don't worry." The young mother nuzzled her puppies and received a shower of licks in return. Kohaku, who had forgotten all about the rude awakening, moved to her belly and began to nurse.

Both puppies were nearly weaned, but Kohaku proved to be a little more resistant to the process. Lucia had shown a distinct preference for meat and nursed very little. She turned to her mother, licking the older female's muzzle and begging for food. Kiara shook her head and let her son nurse for a few more minutes before she exited to the den to tend to her hungry children. The young mother quickly snatched several small rodents from the forest and deposited them in her den before she set off to find a more substantial meal for all of them.

Although her intentions were to hunt, her feet did not obey and soon Kiara found herself at the outskirts of Trenton. Nostalgia welled up in her chest and stuck to her heart with all the sad and lonely feelings that it held. Absentmindedly she moved through the abandoned city towards Carne Rise where she had once resided with fellow pack members. The ghostly female's paws silently tread along the broken concrete as she moved through the familiar streets. Soon the apartment complex came into view, already loosing its battle to the elements.

Sad eyes stared out at the apartment complex as she mourned the loss of her friends and pack. Yet, her silent moment was not to be as a voice broke through the gloom. White ears swiveled on her head as she looked around and sniffed the air. Kiara wondered if it was one of the canines that had come to the old pack lands in a large group earlier. Cautiously she let out a woof, trying to call out whoever it was that had called to her.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Zeitgeist hadn't really expect a response to his inquiry so he was pleasantly surprised when a call rose up from somewhere. "Looks like we are in luck." The male spoke, casting down the words to the boy that was with him. He knew not to expect an answer back from the one that was with him. The boy never spoke and Z simply had to grow accustomed to that. The older male had given up his fervent attempts to try to engage the other as a result. He tended to only speak what he had to and not much else when he addressed the boy with him.

The dog tracked down the source of the call and grinned as he spotted another about. "Ciao Signora. I was beginning to fret that I had stumbled upon nothing but oblivion. It really is such a relief to find that there is another about." Zeitgeist paused in speaking in order to glance behind him to where Guillotine to Ptolemy were at. He motioned for the two to move closer so that he might be able to watch over them better.

With that done he turned his attention back to the female once more. "Where would we find others? Most specifically a place to rest as well as somewhere to barter for some food." Zeitgeist reached out an arm to wrap around Guillotine's shoulders when the boy had gotten within reach. "Guillotine here enjoys something that is cooked as much as I do." The words were offered out in case it helped to narrow down some places. "How about fish? Or would you prefer something marbled with fat?" He knew he wasn't going to get an answer but still Zeitgeist made the effort of asking Guillotine what it was that he was in the mood for. He had spared a glance down at the boy as he had spoken to him before looking back to the female once more. "You know, anything would work actually. Can't say I would turn away a hot meal should there be one."

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → 390

It wasn't long before a mottled dog appeared from around the corner. Sapphire eyes watched him warily, unsure how to take the stranger. He wore clothes like many luperci, but the strange hat upon his head was what really caught Kiara's attention. It produced several clear tones as he walked, an oddity and something completely new for the uninfected female. Her white ears flew forward as she listened carefully to the high-pitched noises. His speech was just as unusual; the foreign words were completely lost on Kiara although she simply assumed they were something like "Namaste" and simply a friendly greeting. In return, she wordlessly bowed her head.

The young mother sat down and listened politely while the other spoke. He paused long enough to gesture to a smaller, and perhaps younger, luperci as well as a grey bird. They both moved forward obediently and the male wrapped his long arm around the boy. The male had many questions and Kiara became thoroughly lost when he mentioned, "marbled". Even so, the stranger continued without giving the snowy wolf a chance to speak. After he ranted some more, the dog paused to allow Kiara to answer his many questions. "Um...Well, you are right about the lack of others. The pack disbanded not too long ago and I am one of the last members left in this area." Kiara didn't bother to mention her puppies. She was sure she smelled like them and she was still unsure as to what to think about the trio. "As for food, there are some small rivers nearby and the woods are full of prey. Plenty of mice and voles to eat, and deer if you can catch them."

Kiara wasn't entirely sure what the stranger meant by a "hot meal." She wondered if that meant it was cooked like Shiloh used to do. Back when the arctic wolf lived with Shiloh, she used to get her food cooked and turned into things like soups. Soups were a novelty and Kiara had taken a liking to the strange preparations. However, in her mind nothing beat the meat off of a fresh kill. Kiara's vision drifted towards Carne Rise, memories flooded her mind, but at a slower pace. She turned her sapphire gaze back to the luperci and smiled sheepishly. Kiara knew she wasn't being very useful.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

There was that word again, pack. It was such a strange concept to him. Why did others want to section themselves off from others? Why not meet in the middle and work together? Why not build up stores where wares could be housed and bartered for? Why live like savages when there were enough hands to work towards civilization should everyone pull together to do so? He didn't get why everyone wanted to be stuck in their own little corner. How they could even be happy like that.

"Actually it is preferred to have the food already dead and cleaned up as well as having been cooked over a fire then sandwiched between thick slices of bread." Zeitgeist couldn't remember a time when he had to actually scavenge about for a meal. Or well, no that wasn't true. He had scavenged but he had never killed. No, he snatched up the cast aside meals of others or begged for morsels of meat but never had he truly hunted. Zeitgeist cast his gaze around quickly, even though the female had affirmed that there were no others about, before looking back to Kiara and dropping his voice to a whisper. "I've actually never done what you suggested. Doubt I'd be any good at this catching thing that you speak of. Would embarrass myself greatly should I attempt it."

After his revelation Zeitgeist chuckled. Even though he knew what it was to be a street rat he hadn't ever had to really rough it as savages have. Even if it often wasn't much he had always had a warmed meal in his belly, even if at times it had to be rewarmed. He was much to accustomed to a lifestyle where food was brought about already prepared and one never had to wonder at how such a thing came to pass. Or at least Zeitgeist never had until the female suggested that he could actually hunt for something.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → 379

Kiara frowned as the tall male continued to talk. What was sandwich or bread? The uninfected female didn't understand what the other was talking about, although she was a little used to the confusion. She often found herself confused by the ways of the luperci and all of their strange words made her head spin. Even so, Kiara knew enough to figure out that what he was asking for was nowhere close by. There was no one in the former pack lands that Kiara knew of that could cook. Without hands, she most certainly couldn't.

"I'm sorry, there is nothing like that here." The mottled dog quickly looked around before he dropped his voice to a whisper and admitted that he didn't know how to hunt. Shock visibly showed on the arctic female's face. She had never heard of a canine that couldn't hunt. Even the luperci of her pack could hunt without any problems. Many had created strange hunting techniques of their own using weapons. The fact that a luperci who had so many advantages couldn't hunt came as an incredible shock to her.

"That's um... well..." Kiara looked around as if someone would be there to help her with the strange predicament. She realized that she would have to treat the stranger like a puppy when it came to hunting. Sapphire eyes gazed up in wonder at the male and her lips pulled down. "Well, I suppose I could fetch something for everyone. Although, goats and pigs might be the biggest things I could get us. Deer is impossible without help. I'm Kiara by the way." Sapphire eyes observed the tiny group. With the exception of the bird, she would have to get enough food for them plus herself and her puppies. It was like she suddenly had two more giant puppies to feed.

Already the young mother was accessing her mental map. In the past several months she had learned and memorize the locations and movements of the local prey. She knew from experience that the pigs liked to raid the outskirts of the cities. Old gardens were overgrown and provided them with plenty of food. The sheep often enjoyed grazing on the tall grass at the edges of the forest. They liked to separate the youngsters from the rest of the herd, however it was hard to keep up the kids. Either she could do, but both were fairly dangerous.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Zeitgeist gave a slow, sad nod of his head as the female reassured that he would find nothing of the such here. He didn't know why he had hoped that the answer would be different from one that he had received before. it certainly would have been quite nice but it simply wasn't to be. Zeitgeist would end up having to figure out this hunting thing or else find another way to come by something to eat.

"There is really no need to impose yourself for our benefit. We will find a way to make due." While he would want the food for the boy he wasn't about to force the female to care for the one whom Zeitgeist had pledged himself to look after. Besides it didn't really sound as if the female was too keen on the thought of having to do so. No, Zeitgeist would figure out something on his own. If it meant he had to do without so that Guillotine could eat then so be it.

"This here is Guillotine and Ptolemy. I am Zeitgeist." The male introduced each in turn, starting with the younger male and then on to the bird and finally giving his own alias. "We thank you for your kind offer but there is no way that we could put you out as we have nothing currently to offer in return for the service."

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → 391

Kiara had a hard time figuring the strange luperci out. Even though the other luperci had been strange, none were as strange to the young mother as the pair before her. She couldn't imagine any canine unable to hunt for him or herself, especially because without food one would die. Where had he come from that he could live without needing to hunt? He was like a puppy, unable to care for himself. Frankly, to her, he was a little pathetic. Wherever the dog had come from, he and his companions wouldn't last in Nova Scotia if they didn't know how to hunt.

The mottled male attempted to keep the last shred of his dignity by politely turning down her offer. Dignity was fine, but it mattered little if he died. Kiara simply shook her head, and stared back at him. Males could be so stubborn sometimes. By thinking of the two strangers as puppies, Kiara's maternal instincts had flared and she felt as if helping them was no longer a courtesy, but a necessity. Besides, if she could get something large enough, she could share it with them and use the extra meet to feed her hungry pups.

The arctic female nodded as the shifter introduced himself and his companions. Kiara paid little attention to the bird, but the young male he was with caught her eye. Guillotine was no more than a puppy and would need food. "It's not a problem to hunt for you. I need to hunt anyways." Kiara turned and began to walk off towards the pigs. They were the more dangerous prey, but came with a bigger reward. If Zeitgeist and Guillotine followed her, then she would show him how to hunt. If not, it would simply mean more meat for herself and her puppies.

Kiara moved at a steady trot and was soon at the boundaries of the city. Once there she ducked low and her paw's tread across the broken concrete soundlessly. Her ears were high and her tail alert. She sniffed the air and sure enough, the pigs were only a few blocks away. Kiara turned and followed the scent, all the while trying to stay downwind of the pigs. Eventually, a group of pigs came into view and the huntress hid behind the corner of a building to watch them.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Oh, he got food but his food had always come pre-prepared. He'd never had to hunt it down himself. But then again just look where he came from. There wasn't much wilderness to be found in the areas that he had lived. And well, he had never questioned where those who had prepared the food had gotten it from in the first place. It had never been a concern for him when there had always been a supply that was ready and available for eating. He was certain that he wasn't the only one to lack hunting skills in such an area. It wasn't as practical to be able to hunt down your own food as it was to be able to come up with a means ot purchase it from someone else who had.

It truly wasn't dignity that stopped his from accepting the offer. It was really as simple as what had been said. He didn't have any means of payment. Where he came from there was always some form of payment to be given in return for a meal. He had nothing to part with and so custom said he couldn't partake of the food without being able to provide something that was wanted in return for it. So no, there were no such silly things as dignity or pride stopping him but just a lack of means currently.

"The problem is that I can't repay you. I'm not of the sort to expect something for nothing. It is not your place to provide for us, that task is left to me alone." Sure Guillotine was small but the boy was old enough to be out on his own should he wish it but Guillotine had simply chose to stick by him throughout all of that had been going on as of late.

Zeitgeist sighed as the female had started to walk off. He wasn't certain exactly why but he had chosen to follow after her, at a distance of course since he didn't want to distract her hunt. "What is it that you want? I can't provide anything now but give me time and I can more than likely come up with whatever you want." He had already planned to return to Freetown for a few supplies anyways so while he was there he could pick up whatever it was that the female desired to possess.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → ~400

For one reason or another, Zeitgeist kept on insisting that he repay Kiara for her efforts and used it as an excuse to refuse her generous offer. Although she could understand the desire for him to help his family and not rely on the strength of others, it was help that he needed most. If he couldn't hunt, then he couldn't feed the quiet puppy, himself, or his bird. Sapphire eyes rolled in their dark hallows as she turned around to walk off. He could follow her or not, either way she needed to hunt. Her puppies required food, although she herself didn't require anything. As an arctic wolf, Kaira could work without food for a few days. Life in the north was hard and her kind had evolved to be perfectly suited to the harsh tundra.

Soft footsteps followed Kiara as she moved through the city. Occasionally, the white female would look back to see if they were still following her. Thankfully, the strange trio kept their distance so that Kiara could hunt in peace. However, she became annoyed when Zeitgeist insisted on paying her again. What the huntress really wanted was help taking down one of the fat pigs, however she knew that would be impossible. Kiara turned around and whispered, "I want quiet while I hunt. I don't need anything else. I'm not like you luperci. I don't need human items." A slight pain stung Kiara's chest as she mentioned her inability to shift. In her mind, she wasn't telling the whole truth. Kiara had been told that she would have her first shift in two months, not realizing that she was immune to the virus and that she really should have shifted shortly after her infection.

With her point made, the snowy female turned around and scanned the pigs before her. She searched through their moving bodies, trying to find a weakness in them. Giving up, the huntress emerged from the shadows and charged the pigs. Startled, they squealed and ran from her. Her instincts took over as she dashed through the over-grown garden. Powerful muscles moved in perfect harmony despite her many scars. One particular pig caught her eye. It was large and fat, but it ran with a limp that was previously unnoticeable. The pigs hind legs didn't stretch out completely, evidence of an old injury that never healed correctly.

Within seconds Kaira had honed in on the pig and expertly divided it from the group. The hog continued to run, the scent of fear spilling from its body. Kiara was able to catch up to the pig and was soon running side by side with her prey. She turned suddenly, her jaws aiming for its neck and used both her powerful bite and condensed body to bring the pig to the ground. The boar kicked and squealed as the wolf held it down to the earth. It managed to escape her grasp, but the pig was bleeding profusely and was soon caught again by the she wolf. Even so, it continued to struggle and Kiara growled as she fought to keep the dying pig down.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

It was true that he couldn't hunt but he wasn't such a bad scavenger. He found himself adept enough at making off with the pickings of others. So even if he couldn't bring down something all on his own he did know how to do what it took to survive still. it wasn't exactly the best of ways to get food but it had been working for them thus far.

Zeitgeist wished to argue with her words. It wasn't only human items that he could provide. He had services to offer as well. After all he had quite the fondness for pups and there was no disguising that this female was harboring some. Certainly a mother could use some time to herself on occasion? While it wouldn't be much he could watch after them when she needed that time to collect her thoughts. But no, he kept his mouth shut and gave her the silence that she wished for.

The dog and his companions hung back after the tongue lashing. Zeitgeist looked down to Guillotine and shrugged. He was uncertain whether or not to hang around still or to simply continue on their way. But before he could make up his mind he saw Guillotine pointing and he found himself looking in the direction that had been indicated. The older male found himself watching in fascination as the female brought down the pig. He had never seen an actual hunt before. His food had never had a face by the time that it had got to him.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

stink post, sorry

Word Count → 352

Although the pair of dogs was strange, even by luperci standards, Kiara didn't entirely mind their presence. After a quick scolding, Zeitgeist and Guillotine left Kiara to hunt in peace. Thanks to their quiet patience, Kiara was able to concentrate on the kill and not worry about either of the strange males getting in her way. It was a good thing too, because pigs were not easy to take down. Even though the pig was bleeding out and injured, it refused to admit defeat and Kiara had to use every ounce of her strength to combat the hog. Her ferocious jaws were clamped down onto its neck and she dug her paws into the earth. Squeals and growls filled the air and nearly made Kiara def even if half the racket was her own.

After nearly a full ten minutes of struggling, the pig's heart finally gave out and it went limp in her jaws. Kiara reluctantly let go, allowing the carcass to drop to the earth. She stood, panting heavily. Her sides heaved and she was desperate to dig into her hard earned meal. However, there were two other's with her and she knew from experience that they didn't always understand mealtime rules. Kiara turned her head to look at Zeitgeist, watching him with her deep blue eyes. She promised to share the kill with him and the puppy however; she wasn't about to give him the best cuts of meat.

A pink tongue ran over her blood stained maw as she tried to figure out how to tackle the claiming problem. Eventually, Kiara decided to simply stroll over to the other side and claim the belly by rule of proximity. If she was there, then perhaps the puppy-like dog wouldn't dispute her claim. Even so, she continued to wait to see what Zeitgeist would try to do. She wasn't worried about him trying to take the whole thing, but she worried that he might try to cook it or something crazy like that. Fresh meat was the best and she couldn't bring back cooked meat to her tiny puppies.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Zeitgeist watched the struggle and again he had the thought that this land was savage. Really now, how much easier would it had been to slit the throat and let it bleed out than to wrestle about with it? It seemed to be a cruel death, so long and slow where as one with hands could have made it swift with the proper instrument. Zeitgeist had to quickly shove away the thoughts before his disgust was shown. Why would someone honestly choose to live as a savage? What kind of life would she provide for her pups this one? Most certainly a stunted one. Those poor young really should be rescued from such a terrible fate. Just because their mother chose to live that way shouldn't mean they should be forced to live like such. But well, it wasn't his problem as he had no clue if mistreatment was actually happening or not.

The dog was fairly certain that he could snatch the meal and run with it. While he couldn't hunt for himself he certainly knew how to scavenge. He had run others off of their kills before just so he could ensure that Guillotine would be fed. But he wouldn't do that as the female had promised to share.

Though it would seem as if he was foolish to take her at her word. Rather than the female inviting them over to share she had simply stared before moving over to where she could enjoy the meal. Zeitgeist slipped an arm around Guillotine's shoulder and guided the boy to turn away once the female had started walking without a word. "Don't worry, we will find something else. She just needed an audience to show off for and nothing more than that." He spoke the words softly and lowly, meaning them only for Guillotine to hear. Zeitgeist had his back to the female and walked away with Guillotine, keeping the small boy to his side and whispering assurances to him. If the female wanted to be stingy after refusing his offers of repayment over and over again then so be it. He'd let her have her pig. They didn't need her as they had been getting by without her assistance prior.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

stink post, sorry

Word Count → 452

As the young mother worked to take down her prey she couldn't help but feel that the dogs were useless. If Kiara had been with her pack, she could have taken the pig down without much trouble. The fact that the snowy wolf could take down a pig on her own was a testimony to her hunting skills. How could Zeitgeist not know how to hunt? It was ridiculous. What kind of place was he raised in if his parents hadn't taught the male how to fend for himself? How cruel could his pack have been to withhold such vital skills from the mottled dog? Pity welled up in the female's chest as her prey finally dropped to the ground. Without the ability to hunt, both of the dogs were doomed to starve.

Kiara had assumed that they would join in on the feast as soon as the pig had dropped as most did. Yet, the dogs just stood there and looked on. Confusion wracked the snowy female's mind, but hunger and the need to return to her den drove the female to start without them. She bit into the carcass ferociously, and looked up as the first bite was swallowed. To her surprise, Zeitgeist and Guillotine began to walk away. Kiara was about to call out to them when Zeitgeist's voice drifted towards her. His words burned her ears and anger fought to consume her mind. Of all the rude things! Kiara snarled and jumped over the carcass, surging towards the two males. She wasn't going to take that insult lying down. Kiara ran past them and swerved around to face them. The female's heckles raised, her lips pulled back to reveal a row of sharp teeth, and red blood stained her maw.

"Who do you think you are? Not only do I graciously offer to give you part of my kill, but you try to force some strange payment down my throat only to leave without eating and insulting me all the way. I didn't have to go after something as dangerous as a pig; I could have been fine with rats. I risked my neck to get a pig so the least you and Guillotine could do is eat. By the moon, if I had known you would be so rude I wouldn't have bothered." Kiara knew that getting mad at such a helpless individual wasn't fair. He was like a puppy and she should have expected such a reaction. Even so, to be accused of killing for sport was something Kiara couldn't stand. It was an insult to her as a hunter and as a wolf. He had practically accused the arctic female of acting like a human.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → ### :: It's fine hun.

Well Zeitgeist had already admitted that he was useless when it came to hunting so that really shouldn't have surprised her. Now give him a pocket to pick and he would excel. He could so easily take from another but he couldn't actually provide such things for himself in an honest way. It was simply not something that was valuable to know where he had lived. It was the quickest and sharpest of mind to survive there rather than having brute strength. One had to know how to handle others in order to be able to obtain anything. It was a social game rather than a physical one, though the bedroom could often play into the ripest deals.

"You are correct. I never asked you to hunt for me but you insisted upon it. I never told you what to take on, again that choice was your own. Since you seemed so set on wanting to provide I offered to get you something in return so that you weren't doing all of this for nothing but you refused. You said you would share but when it came down to it and you had made the kill you went stared then went straight to eating. You failed to keep up with your offer. I apologize that I do not have the want to watch you eat and pray that there are scraps leftover whenever you decide it is finally time to call over those waiting to take you up on your offer. If I had known that you would force a boy to watch you gorge yourself before he might have a small morsel then I would have never stuck around. As a mother I thought that you would realize that the young must eat first. But since you don't think like that then there is no reason for us to remain." Z had managed to keep his tone calm and civil as he spoke, countering each of the female's points. Just how far apart their worlds were showed so easily right now. The ways that they thought was also apparent. If there was never enough to go around then Z always went without so that Guillotine could be fed. Because of that he wasn't going to make him watch and wait while someone else ate.

Zeitgeist made to pick Guillotine up and hold the boy on his hip while he took the steps in order to move around the female. "Now if you will excuse us I need to find something where Guillotine if able to eat first and foremost to fill his belly." Well, Z wasn't certain if he would actually be able to fill G's belly but he would certainly try. "I will leave you to your kill. You better get back to it before someone else comes along and decides to take care of it for you." He even went as far as to caution her agaisnt the other scavengers that he had seen about that would have no problem in order to sneak off with a kill while one had their back turned and was distracted. Actually he had once known a pair that would do that. One would do the distracting while the other had made off with the prize of the hour only for them to meet up later and share what had been acquired.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → 000

White ears flicked back in annoyance as Zeitgeist spoke down to her. She had promised him a meal and delivered on her promise. Yet, he refused to accept her generosity and even had the audacity to claim that she was an ignorant mother. Kiara growled, demonstrating her displeasure and anger with an impressive display of her fangs. Kiara had always known that her world and the world of the luperci were different, but this was ridiculous. A meal between pack mates demanded a strict protocol and had rules for every little thing. However, a meal between strangers was a free for all. Every other luperci followed that standard, so why didn't Zeitgeist and Guillotine?

"Fine!" she spat. Kiara made no move to stop the mottled male as he moved around her with the puppy. Kiara stormed off, her good day ruined and a meal waiting for her. Every hair on her body was bristling with anger, her steps heavy and loud. Several birds had already gathered around the carcass, and Kiara loudly chased them off. She never like birds, and her current mood didn't make her feel any more love towards the feathered beasts. One crow had been unlucky enough to be closer to her than the others and it lost a tail feather to the arctic wolf's wrath.

As Kiara ate, she tried her best to block out the rest of the world. Her focus was on the kill and she gorged herself fully on its tender meat. Kiara focused on the best bits of meat, her drive to feed her own pups greater than her anger. If the dogs tried to join her meal, Kaira wouldn't stop them. If the pair left, then good riddance to bad rubbish. She didn't need some shifter staring down his muzzle at her and acting as if he were better simply because he wore clothes and could walk on two legs.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]