No Brighter Day
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Word Count → ### :: OOC words here.

The male was still pretty new to the area and though he had met a face here or there he still hadn't come across the one that he was actually looking for. Granted he couldn't say that he had ever given any inclination of who he was looking for or that he was even looking for anyone. Because of such the male only had himself to blame for the lack of luck in the area. But of course Zeitgeist had to speculate if whom he was looking for even wanted to be found. But those were thoughts best saved for another time.

"What do you think Ptolemy?" The male asked of the African Grey that was perched on his shoulder as he walked among the large flowers. As he had spoken Z had reached a hand up in order to scratch lightly at his avian companion's chest. Zeitgeist allowed for the bird to lift off from his shoulder in order to flap the short distance over to a large leaf of the sunflower. He laughed as Ptolemy plucked at the petals of the flower his beak but Z's attention because distracted.

Z looked down to the boy standing as his side as the young Guillotine fussed about being tired and being unable to see anything. Zeitgeist reached down and quickly scooped up the boy to place him up on his shoulders. "There you go, take this in. It is a rare occasion to find a flower that can stand taller than you." Z reached up to gently pat the boy's leg as he spoke. "Just imagine the sort of tale this will make."

And if you're ever around, in the city or the suburbs, of this town,
Be sure to come around, I'll be wallowing in sorrow, wearing a frown,
like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... e+A+Sister);
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zz-01-cai p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 314 ::
Hope you don't mind if I plop Clover in here! Smile

Daisy had accompanied her on the trek outside of Salsola’s borders, but the young Lykoi woman had not dared try to climb onto the mare’s broad back for fear of straining something. Her belly had grown large with the developing life within and it was just a matter of weeks before that life would be welcomed into this world. The familiar duo ventured past the river and deeper into Drifter Bay, which had once been Clover’s home when she had felt she didn’t belong anywhere else. This was a very familiar haunt, and so she traveled through it with the same confidence that she did elsewhere in Salsola. Daisy, too, knew exactly where the closest streams and perfect places to graze were settled.

The trek had left the woman rather exhausted, and sleep was quick to find her once she had allowed herself the comfort of getting off her feet. They had stopped among the sunflowers where Clover had often come to smoke, sing, and strum her guitar in earlier years of her life. The walls of green topped with yellow were a welcome sight, and the coyote woman had vanished amongst them before her eyes had fluttered shut. Daisy, on the other hand, decided to wander away from the field of sunflowers and do some exploring on her own.

It was the voice of another that had roused her from her sleep, and Clover sat upright as both darkened ears swiveled to better catch the stranger’s words. Now that she was awake and her senses more alert, she could detect the unfamiliar scent on the breeze and curiosity lured her to her feet once more. A few tentative steps took her in their direction, before a soft call followed, "Hello?" Clover wasn’t often one to fear others or think the worst, but perhaps the growing children inside her made her slightly more cautious.

<style>
.clover-x02-box {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/eJOxs.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:160px; height:250px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.clover-x02 {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.clover-x02 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.clover-x02 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.clover-x02 p { text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0; }
.clover-x02 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Word Count → ### :: I certainly don't mind at all. I was beginning to think that this thread wasn't going to garner any attention so I'm glad to have someone to play with.

Zeitgeist hadn't the slightest clue that there were others outside of the little trio that were traipsing about. It was unfortunate but he was slowly coming to expect to not find quick company. Everyone simply seemed so widespread. It really was such a let down. He had come expecting markets and easily gained luxuries only to find out that there was nothing of the such in this part of the world. It really was a pity. It was sad to think that what he missed most about Europe were the crowded streets which always harbored someone knew to bump into and meet. But this side of the world felt stagnant. Each hour that passed had him questioning himself as to the purpose of this trip. He should just turn away and book passage back to Europe.

The sound of an unfamiliar voice had him turning his head into the direction from whence it had come. "Ciao." And after a moment's pause to access the garnered scent he added to the greeting. "Signora." Zeitgeist quickly glanced to Guillotine and patted the boy's shoulder before he moved closer to the stalks of the flowers that grew in the direction that the voice had burst forth from. Zeitgeist eased apart the stalks and peered through the opening that he had created. Row after row of more stalks were what greeted him. "Don't move." The words were cast over his shoulder and back at Guillotine before the older male disappeared between the stalks.

Zeitgeist weaved his way through the flowers until he finally found the female. The male had already been in the process of bowing and reaching for her hand when he noticed the woman's swollen belly. "Oh..." He hesitated briefly before a grin spread across his maw. Z drew his gaze up from the female's belly and back to her face. "How fortunate you are." And he sincerely meant that. He had a fondness for the young, any young, that had them worming their way into his heart. "I've got a boy. Not like yours since I purchased him but it's the closest I've got." Or at least what he knew about. After all he had spread his seed throughout countries in Europe and it hadn't plagued him to think about whether or not any had come to fruitation. At least not until the current moment when he was face to face with what happened to wildly sown oats from time to time. "May I inquire as to if you know whom they belong to?"

And if you're ever around, in the city or the suburbs, of this town,
Be sure to come around, I'll be wallowing in sorrow, wearing a frown,
like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... e+A+Sister);
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zz-01-cai p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>
[/html]