je n'attendais que toi, me voilà
[html]

Around the Fundy National Park territory, early afternoon!
WC: 291

lost into the weight of gravity

It took time to adjust to living in the Stormbringer camp with other wolves, after having been a loner for so long. Colibri dearly wished she could be as sociable as Niernan and Bran, or as friendly as Saul and the pups, but she was still defensive and shy at heart. It was straining her poor social skills to live in such close proximity with everyone, and so she slipped off this morning into the forest to do a little hunting on her own. When she was safely within the verdant shelter of the trees, she took the time to shift down; her stiff joints protested as she reverted to all fours, but she shook herself vigorously, stretching and yawning. Her Lupus form was small and underweight, evidence of her lack of talent hunting. It was time to fill up.

The morning sun rose, warming the late spring air and drawing out the local wildlife. These hills were abundant with plump little lemmings, embolden by their desire to harvest the flowers in bloom. A few quick pounces and a toss in the air, and Coli had satisfied her hunger with the rodents. The earthen-brown wolf licked her lips contentedly and curled up on the grass, enjoying the warm sun on her upturned face. It was quiet and peaceful here, despite her misgivings about the noisy family group that had adopted her as one of their own. At least she had a place to return to now, somewhere she could sleep without fear of ambush. It wasn't Crimson Dreams, but it was a start... She flicked her bobtail in a lazy pattern, blue eyes watching with mild interest as other lemmings began scurrying about, replacing their fallen comrades without missing a beat.

Table by Sace!
[/html]
[html]
Hope ya don't mind me jumping in. lupus form. / 430

Niernan hummed as he trotted back; he was happy after his brief meeting with the young Takekuro. The boy had been shy and withdrawn, but Nier had enjoyed meeting Jiva nonetheless, his fear of tiny Ciaran intriguing and amusing to the black and tan wolf.

Nier had shifted down to his rarely used lupus form for the journey back to their temporary camp, wanting to feel closer to the earth for once, he also covered ground quicker in this form. Ciaran galloped along beside him, the cat having to almost sprint to keep up with his larger wolf friend. It wasn't long until they came to a beautiful but hilly spring meadow, the perfumey scent of flowers practically assaulting his olefactory channels, but his eyes were still able to spot the small, grey-brown rodents that were studiously clipping the heads off of the blooms. He looked around to te Ciaran of the rodents, but the cat had already melted into the undergrowth and was hunting. Nier refrained from chuckling, not wishing to startle the small prey things before he had the chance to expand his hunting experience.

His body dropped to the ground, his elbows and knees pressed into the rocky dirt underneath the fragrant grass as he settled himeslf into a hunting crouch. He crept forwards slowly trying not to rustle the grass with his large body. His ears pricked up as a distressed squeak was abruptly stifled to his left, it seemed that Ciarans hunt had been successful, but Ciarans success was Niernans failure as the lemmings fled back into their burrows. He stood upright and spotted the dark tabby through the grass, busily tucking into the warm flesh of the plump lemming, Jammy bugger. He muttered.

He moved away from the feeding cat, purely out of politeness. A fresh breeze ruffled the grasses and flowers of the meadow, bringing a fresh wave of the smell of spring, but also another smell, a more musty and animal smell. He knew the scent, but he couldn't place it, he snuffled at the air trying to place it. His brain couldn't work fast enough to place the scent even though the owner of said scent had been occupying his thoughts for most of the previous day. His cyan eyes flicked up and he spotted the small form of the female wolf laid in the grass of the hilled meadow. He smiled as he recognised the newest member of the Stormbringer clan, his tail wagging involuntarily as he trotted towards her, Colibri? Is that you? He called out, his tone light and friendly.

<style type="text/css">
.neiot b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e6f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #100802; }
.neiot p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.neiot {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d2414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EBZI5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 390px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a96b44; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.neiot p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.neiot p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

<3 I was actually hoping you might come along! WC: 383

The warm sunshine made her a little drowsy, and she settled her chin down on her paws, inhaling the aromatic air. Late spring was rife with flowers and pollen, a season ideal for gardening. That was a hobby she had not had the luxury to dabble in for well over a year, and perhaps now that everyone was claiming homes and settling down, she could try her hand at it once more. It made her momentarily sad to think on the beautiful orchards of Crimson Dreams -- now that the pack had disbanded, would their gardens be lost forever? It might be worth a trip back to the southern territory, to try and carry back a few seedlings and perennials and root them here...

A friendly voice pulled her from her reverie, snapping her head up to see who was approaching. "Ah... Niernan! H-hello...!" she called her stammered response, a touch surprised by his arrival to the hills. She had not traveled that far from their camp, so meeting one of the Stormbringer clan should not have been such an unforeseeable encounter. Coli perked her ears forward with interest, listening for the telltale rustle of grass that would denote his animal companion. She remembered that he had a strong bond with his cat sidekick, much like her friend Alder did with his horse partner Hawthorn. She didn't know anything about cats, really, but they were far less scary than giant horses and therefore preferable.

"Is your little friend off hunting?" she asked with a faint smile as he trotted nearer, rising to her own paws and shaking the grass from her pelt. She felt her usual twinge of insecurity as she measured up to his size -- she was thin and small, ragged fur a dull brown in the sunlight, stub of a tail peeking awkwardly from behind her haunches. It was rare that she took this form anymore; she cut a very shabby figure. Niernan was no threat to her, and she need not be afraid of him driving her away, though old habits die hard. He might not be the largest wolf in their camp, but he was still easily heavier and taller than Colibri, and she found herself subtly ducking her head in submission to the black and tan male.

Table by Sace!
[/html]
[html]
Yay, I am wanted Smile /391

Nier smiled sweetly at the clearly surprised wolf, he hadn't meant to startle her, but he was aware that she had a flighty nature anyway. He sat down a respectful distance from her, just as she stood, shaking the loose grass from her fur. He curled his tan tipped tail around his paws and tried to look as innocent as possible, trying to reassure the smaller wolf that he was no threat at all.

He nodded his head once and chuckled Yeah, the little beggar decided that he needed to feed his face. He looked back over his shoulder briefly, He's over there somewhere, snacking on a pudgy little lemming. The young Stormbringers cyan eyes flicked back to the earthen wolf before him, in the warm sunlight of the afternoon Nier could clearly see the state of her body. She was thin, and her fur had lost its healthy shine, and was dull, just like the earth that he associated it with, but he could see that with a little tlc, company and a steady supply of food she would fill out and her fur would regain its shine. He knew that living with the Stormbringer clan, and her sister would be good for her.

He brushed the lush grass with his tail as he flicked it around to the other side of his body, he longed to lie in the grass as she had been doing. As it was the sun was warming his dark fur, his skin absorbing the heat and making him drowsy. He gave his head a little shake and straightened his back a little more. He let out a sigh and looked out over the field, It's beautiful here. I could stay here all day. And just think, this place will only be a short wak away from home if we move here. His Irish accent had become stronger as he got more and more comfortable and tired in the sun, but not enough for his words to be indistinguishable.

His brown backed ears flicked back as he heard the grass rustle behind him, announcing Ciarans approach. The kitten scrambled his way up onto Niernan's back, curling up on the sun warmed fur and promptly falling asleep. Nier chuckled quietly, I think Ciarans got the right idea. I envy cats, getting to do whatever they want whenever they want.

<style type="text/css">
.neiot b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e6f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #100802; }
.neiot {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d2414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EBZI5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 390px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a96b44; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

=D WC: 345

Without his brother at his side, Niernan was a lot less intimidating. He seemed... softer, somehow; quieter, and easier to trust. His voice was even melodic, with the lilting brogue coloring his words exotic and sing-song-y. Coli did not have much experience with accents, but she found his to be quite pleasant, even if she had to focus a bit to keep track of what he was actually saying to her. She sat back neatly on her haunches, politely replying whilst hoping her breath did not smell of rodents. "The lemmings are easy to catch, because there are so many... It's a relief for a poor hunter like myself." She smiled shyly, flicking her docked tail for emphasis. Balance was something she had to learn all over again after the loss of her tail, and she was still awkward at fast twists and turns. Why any forming pack would want a wimpy wolf like her remained a mystery, but their kindness made her grateful. They were all too kind, really. "I hope it can be our home... I like it here." Coli tilted back her light-furred muzzle, letting her eyes half-shut against the bright sunlight. She could stay here all day as well, it really was beautiful. After a moment she quickly blinked, flustered as she remembered she had company. It was not proper to daydream in the middle of conversation!

Rustling grass revealed the wayward cat, who rejoined his wolf partner without hesitation. Coli peered closer as the feline settled in and dozed off, dark tabby pelt providing camouflage against Nier's thick sable fur. "He seems pretty self-reliant," she commented softly, not wanting to disturb the animal. She had never seen one up close -- what long whiskers it had, charming! "I've raised plants before, but never a creature," she admitted, still riveted by Ciaran. "Did you catch him in the wild?" It seemed like an unnecessary burden for a lone wolf to want another mouth to feed. Perhaps a small one, though, that was capable of feeding itself... that didn't seem as daunting.

Table by Sace!
[/html]
[html]
la di da di da / 332

Nier watched as Colibri raised her muzzle to the sky, he took a moment to do the same, glad that she felt comfortable enough around him to daydream. He gazed at the single cloud that dared to sit high in the bright blue sky. The comfortable weight of the resting cat on his back shifted slightly as Ciaran made himself company. Coli seemed to come to herself and he noticed that she couldn't keep her eyes away from Ciaran, he was a very interesting creature to most Luperci, who had nothing to do with cats.

Her soft voice came, proclaiming that Ciaran was quite self reliant, and that she had a knowledge of plants, but not creatures. He smiled at that, perhaps he should suggest that Coli talk to Saul about plants, as the man was always out looking at the green things. Niernan flicked his tail in a way so that it caught Ciaran on the butt, prompting a mewl from the small form. Oh, I didn't catch him, he kinda caught me. He chuckled. Me an' Bran were travelling and this little mite attached himself to me, followed me everywhere until I took him in. He was 2 or 3 months old then. He said softly. He remembered that time vividly as it had been a very cold winter, and he had been surprised that such a young animal had been on its own. He had thought that its mother would be around somewhere, but it appeared that Ciarans mother had abandoned him. When he was that young I used to have to catch things for him, slice them into tiny chunks and cook them for him. But like ya said, he's fairly self reliant now, he's a better hunter than me! Niernan chukled again, amused by the fact that Ciaran was indeed a better hunter, especially when it came to the smaller prey. He could get places that Niernan couldn't, but then the little cat couldn't take down a deer.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Pokemon pals forevurrrrr. >D WC: 211

Colibri listened intently as Nier spoke, his voice warm with fond memories of his kitten. It was clear that the cat had become a part of his family circle, as dear to him as any Stormbringer in the camp. The creatures that other Luperci adopted as their own continued to puzzle her, although she certainly could not fault anyone for finding a creative way to combat loneliness. In this case, it seemed like Ciaran was the lonely one, if he was out following Niernan. "Does that mean he's Bran's cat as well?" she asked, blue eyes shifting back to meet the Stormbringer's gaze. "Is he still growing...? He seems big already... although I don't know how big cats get. He doesn't look like a lynx..." Coli tilted her head, smiling helplessly at her own ignorance. It wasn't as though she planned to find her own kitten and needed advice, but she liked to learn about the lives of creatures other than wolves. She hunted as nature dictated, but when she wasn't hungry it made her equally happy to simply watch other animals. Small ones, at least; horses made her nervous, and she wouldn't go anywhere near a bear's tracks. If she could get close to deer, though, they were her favorite.

Table by Sace!
[/html]
[html]
POKEMANS FUREVA!!!! / 274

Niernan threw back his head and laughed loudly at Colibri's first question, when he let the laughter die down to chuckles he gave the earthen wolf an apology, Sorry Coli, but that's hilarious. He smiled broadly, little giggles still ripping through him, Nah, Bran hates Ciaran. He thinks he's a waste of space and that I should never have bothered keeping him. He gave the cat an affectionate glance over his shoulder, his blue eyes resting in the recumbent form for a moment before turning back to Colibri. His smile had become soft now, the giggles stopped He's my companion, and Bran has come to terms with that fact that Ciaran is going to stay.

Colibris other question gave Niernan an excuse to show off his knowledge a little; he had always been knowledgeable about animals, but after adopting Ciaran he had tried to learn as much about cats as he could. He knew a little and nothing was certain as he hadn't bred Ciaran himself, but he thought he had a good idea of the breed of his cat friend. He's still only a kitten, by my reckoning he's about 7 months old. He glanced back at the cat again, He will get a lot bigger, I think he's a cross breed, and I'm pretty sure he has Maine Coon and Norwegian Forest Cat in him. He thought back to what he had learned about Maine Coon cats, knowing that they often became so large that it was hard to lift them. The idea of little Ciaran, who used to fit in the palm of his paw getting to be that size amused him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Gotta catch 'em all! 8) WC: 265

The sound of loud barking laughter startled Coli, causing her to straighten up, eyes wide. As Nier's mirth faded into chuckles, she managed to return a halfhearted smile, unsure what she had said that had been so funny. "Oh... Bran hates him, really? I'm sorry to hear that -- you two seem so close," she murmured as the explanation was offered. The two Stormbringer brothers seemed inseparable, connected in body and spirit. She did not know them well enough to discern their individual likes and dislikes, so it surprised her a little to learn that they had such a glaring difference when it came to cats, and that Nier would choose the kitten over his brother's discomfort. She felt a little twinge of guilt over having had similar thoughts as Bran -- 'waste of space' seemed harsh, but it did seem, well, uneconomical to spend so much time and energy adopting a wild animal. But her opinion had already been swayed from that. Ciaran was charming, and now that he could seemingly take care of himself, it was less responsibility and more companionship.

"He's only seven months old? He looks so grown up already..." Coli remarked, smiling at the pride in Nier's voice. She knew nothing about the various cat breeds, of course, but it was hard to picture the cat getting even larger. "So, um... he'll be like a bobcat?" She added meekly, imagining the dark tabby with wide snowshoe feet, chasing rabbits across the snow. That could be useful if he was taught to retrieve prey -- maybe Bran would appreciate that, too.

Table by Sace!
[/html]
[html]
Apologies for awfully short post. / 191

Nier smiled, Me and Bran are very close. His smile turned wistful, he shrugged his right shoulder, an odd move in lupus, but then he was hardly ever in this form. Me Ma and Da thought that me and Bran were a little too close, and I think some others have come to the same assumption. He flicked one ear back and tilted his head to one side, I don't think me and Bran are too close, we're brothers and best friends and not even Ciaran will come between that.

Nier nodded at Coli's astonished question, he knew Ciaran was large for a 7 month old kitten, as both the breeds that made him were large cats. He revelled in the fact that his beautiful little companion was going to become a large hunting machine that he could actually use as a scarf. Aye, he's still a babby. He stated. Both ears flicked up as Coli asked if he'd be like a Bobcat. Nier giggled again, Yeah, I guess he will be, just with slightly smaller paws and a longer fluffier tail. He glanced back at the cat again, And longer fur.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

We can archive this if you want, since I know you're going offline for awhile and these two are just chatting. Smile I'd love a thread once you have internet again! WC: 289

"I don't think that's possible, that anyone could be too close to each other... If you love one another, you shouldn't let anything come between you," she said quietly, wistfully. Too many times she had broken that rule in her own life, and now she was so very alone. Dear Cercelee had been the closest thing she had to a sister when they grew up together, and shame kept her from ever reconciling with her white-furred cousin. Conor was her baby brother, and she loved him dearly but let her fear of their father keep them separated. Now he was gone, cut down in his prime by a cruel act of violence. And Anu... Anu still meant the world to her, but cowardice made her abandon the older wolf, and cowardice still kept her from seeing those beautiful tore bay blue eyes again. Her life was full of regrets, and if she ever found anyone she felt bonded with as close as Niernan and Bran were, relative or romantic, she would not let them out of her sight. She stared morosely at her paws, wilting before her confident packmate. Sometimes she felt so small and frail.

She perked up, though, smiling as Nier spoke of Ciaran in his melodic accent. She should not let the weight of her past burden her here; this was a new place, a new start for her. No one needed to know how many times she had failed, as long as she could succeed here. Maybe the first step she needed to take was finding a little creature companion after all -- it seemed to bring Niernan so much happiness. "I can't wait to see him all grown up, then. He'll be so handsome!"

Table by Sace!
[/html]
[html]
Absolutely fine with archiving sweetie. Thank you for the thread. / no word count because I'm lazy Big Grin!

Nier watched as Colibri became lost in thought as he talked of his bond with his brother. Her pretty features fell into barely hidden despair and he couldn't help the whine that escaped him then. He shuffled towards her slightly, as if the closeness of his large, dark-furred body could offer her comfort. He stirred his tail in a feeble wag, hoping that his show of companionship and affection would cheer her up.

He brightened as she shook off the despair that she had shown before, obviously thinking of past relationships, whether romantic or platonic. He grinned at her compliment, nodding, Yeah, he'll be my handsome boy. At that, as if he knew they were speaking well of him, Ciaran awoke, yawning widely. He mewled at Niernan, proclaiming that the day was wearing on and that they may be missed by the others in their family. Nier nodded. He bowed his head to Coli, As much as I enjoy this meadow, and the wondeful company, He winked at her then, letting a cheeky smile pull at his lips, I believe it is getting late and we should probably head back to the others. He stood then, Ciaran sliding from his back to fall to the grassed floor fluidly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]