Castle by the Sea
[html]

WC:: 4+Setting this to a few days after Emma’s visit. Drin just recently came back to New Dawn after a bit of exploring. She is kicking it in lupine form on Aelcrest Shore.

Sometimes a girl just needed a break.

Palaydrian didn’t stay long in the New Dawn packlands after she and Zalen had unexpectedly crashed the Inferni coywolf’s visit to JIva. The golden femme wasn’t sure what to think or how to react to the stranger. Emma had come seeking out the same wolf Drin’s heart was bleeding for, and it was apparent Jiva felt conflicted. Drin had tried to stop jealousy in its tracks and let the entire incident go, but she wasn’t able to feel comfortable or at home knowing that the mohawked hunk was somewhere in the lands hanging out with another girl. So she took off for a few days, not wanting to run into him or anyone else for that matter.

Solitude could only last for so long, and Drin was bound to run into someone. That someone was in the form of a stranger to the lands much like herself, but a dog from Italy. Zeitgeist was a whole different kind of animal than what she was used to, but she enjoyed his company and she temporarily forgot about the drama that would surely consume her next few days...especially if she ran into Jiva again, or even Emma for that matter.

Alas, the tawny girl couldn’t stay away forever, though a part of her ached to run back to her family...but she knew on the price of her brother’s life, that she would never be able to return, at least not for a long time. The young Soul returned to New Dawn lands early in the morning and found her seal point paws guiding her towards the call of the ocean and the strip of sand she had seen when Jiva had first shown her New Dawn’s prized ocean view.

Large timber wolf paws sunk hungrily into the sandy shore, and her wide paws left an incredibly easy path to follow if someone was looking for her. The prints could be tracked the whole way down to the coastline where the siamese coated wolf lay on her side, soaking up the early morning sun’s rays, and staring out at the waves breaking at the under toe and gently rocking the shore. Her tail flicked idly in the slight breeze as she let her mind wander. Her heart was heavy, possibly due to Jiva and the whole Emma situation, but at the moment it was more so due to homesickness.

Table Credit to Cait and Code Credit to Mel <3.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#plyarin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#plyarin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#plyarin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#plyarin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:95%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PsPWu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 103px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]OOC: Yay! Thread timmmmeeee +4

The Alpha's heart was heavy once more, as it had been for a fortnight now. Fayne's injuries were healing, but the anger of the attack still stung his heart. It had gotten better after he had spoken with Shandom, but he would not forgot the wrong that had been done against him and New Dawn. If that golden dog was ever to show her face near here again, it would mean the forfeiture of her life.

Zalen's large Optime paws took him slowly through the sparse woodland edging the coastline. His mind was on many things, one being the blonde bitch, others including Ichika's demise, and the attack on Inferni. So many things, so many changes happening outside New Dawn's borders, but within all was peaceful and calm. He had to consider himself lucky that his pack was not facing any strife at the moment.

But he knew that there were personal matters to be dealt with, and many of his members were doing so. He knew of Soran and Deuce's desire to have a litter, and also the emotional strife between Adonia and Ookami. And then there was he and Titania; there was still tension between them after the incident with Ciara and Augustus. Zalen so wanted to have a litter, but it was as if time mocked him, keeping Titania forever in the body of a pup.

With a sigh Zalen took a turn towards the beach, and broke free of the woods into sand. He had not much visited the coast, and could not imagine why, it was a beautiful sight, especially in the cool of the morning. It did not take long for his sensitive nose to pick up Palaydrins scent, and his keen eyes noticed the trail of her pawprints, leading him straight towards her. She was basking, the soft breeze coming off the waters ruffling her tawny fur. She was quite a beautiful thing, it made Zalen wonder why Jiva was having such a difficult time with things. The Alpha did not know the specifics, but he could tell that the Takekuro man heald feelings for both Palaydrin and Emmanuelle. In fact, the wolf-dog had taken a trek to Inferni, not unnoticed by Zalen. The Alpha did not know what to think of it, but he knew that Jiva played a dangerous game.

Zalen strode up to Palaydrin, his tail wagging, and he bent his large head down to nuzzle at her ruff, "Good morning," He said softly, and then laid down upon his side next to her. The sand was soft, and Zalen closed his eyes for a moment at the feel of it, running his fingers through it and letting it pour out of his palms.

[/html]
[html]

WC:: 3+*fluffs* Aww they’re cute little sun dogs.

What have you gone and done this time Drin? The golden femme asked herself, eyes still locked on the rolling waves in the ocean. The emotional scars of losing her family in one fell swoop due to another female’s ridiculous jealousy were still fresh in the young wolf’s mind. She felt she’d never get over the betrayal of Kila and she would constantly mourn the family she hadn’t had the chance to say goodbye to. I was protecting my brother, this is different...no, it’s not. She couldn’t fool herself. This was exactly the type of situation that she had wanted to avoid ever happening again. She was coming in between another boy and girl, the difference was that she too was involved romantically.

Palaydrian sighed in an effort to push her thoughts away when a shift in the breeze brought the familiar scent of her Alpha to her. Zalen. A smile formed on her maw before he materialized from within the packlands and made his approach. She focused hard to pick up the crunching sound of crystalline sand grains against large paws and without turning her head, Drin sensed he was behind her.

The tawny gold femme’s tail started to beat lightly against the ground sending up small tufts of beach when Zalen affectionately greeted her. She turned her sea bicolored eyes to her Alpha and let out a lolling laughing as she watched him play with the powder soft sand. “Good Morning Zalen,” she languidly stretched out her stockinged legs in front of her, sampling the feel of the beach herself.

New Dawn certainly is blessed to have some of the best territories,” she commented, relaxing back into her laying position. “That wouldn’t be your doing would it?” She teased. Drin casually studied her Alpha’s face. She hadn’t noticed before how much the olive eyed wolf looked like her father. Her heart strings tugged for the melancholy thought, but maybe it wasn’t so sad after all. Zalen was to be like the father to the pack, or at least their protector, but Drin felt there was more to their relationship than him being her alpha and she his subordinate.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
#plyarin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#plyarin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#plyarin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:95%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PsPWu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 103px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

This female was so lovely and so young, it just made Zalen's heart flutter. It was the same feeling he would get around Insomnia, though she and her mate Shadowfang had been distant from the pack as of late. Zalen wondered if perhaps they were denning, but he doubted it, for neither of them had come to him to ask permission for pups. Either way, Zalen felt relaxed and comfortable around this Palaydrian and when she playfully remarked that the beauty of these lands might be his doing he smiled, "Yes, I chose it because it was fresh, new, and far away from the scars of humanity." That is why he and his mate Titania had traveled so far from their original homes to claim this place. Zalen loved it here.

The dark male rolled onto his back and propped his head up on his arm to look at her. Their flanks were touching, and he enjoyed the warmth of her next to him. Zalen loved interacting with his members one on one like this, they were his family after all. Zalen wondered though if perhaps Palaydrian yearned for the warmth of another male, a wolf-dog to be exact, "Palaydrian," Zalen started, "You were... bothered by the coyote female, were you not?" He was not sure how to broach the subject without making her uncomfortable, but he wanted to assure her of her worth as a female.

The sable Alpha was slightly perturbed by Jiva's choice in romantic partners, if it even was that, but was hesitant to say anything against it. Though they did not accept dogs or coyotes into their ranks, how could Zalen deny someone their love for another, regardless of species? Besides, he was still trying to shake the unjust rumor that the New Dawners were racist. But this girl, this Palaydrian, was such a sweet girl, how could Jiva ignore her? He would have to have a talk with that boy.

[/html]
[html]

WC:: 6+ le drama!

The young Soul nodded at her alpha’s response. It was so easy to see why he and his mate had chosen such a beautiful spot. Their own little bit of heaven in the territories so to say. “Mmm,” was her reply as she gently nodded her head. She had bared witness to the horrors of humanity, but the angel still held onto hope for her brethren. Not all creatures touched by evil became fully possessed of it. After all she had been marred by the claws of injustice, and yet her soul and kindness were still intact. The horrors of her past kept her up some nights, and these fears would bleed into her dreams at times, but Drin was adjusting to her life in New Dawn, and nothing would keep her from seeking happiness.

The tawny femme gave Zalen a wolfish grin as he rolled onto his back, and she too relished in the warm sand giving her body a little wiggle and pressing her frame closer to the alpha in an affectionate gesture. She had loved lazy mornings like this, spending time with her family snuggling in their den or laying out in the sun. The canine touch of comfort and sense of belonging was what most wolves wished for. She was happy to know she would always be able to receive this attention from her alpha. It gave her a sense of safety something like freedom that she hadn’t felt back in her old packlands.

Lilac ears perked at her name being spoken. Her bi colored ocean eyes met Zalen’s olive with an inquisitive tilt of the head inviting him to continue. His next words and the question they bared washed over her like a brick wall. Visibly crestfallen the dainty femme shook her head no, but replied “Yes.” A nervous grin pulled at her lips with the embarrassment of her admission. Was it that obvious? Drin forced herself to think back to the day she had met the coywolf. Neither of them had given the other that much attention. Competing for someone was a foreign idea to her, but the sickening butterflies fluttered in her stomach nonetheless.

Yes,” she repeated, as she lowered her head to her outstretched legs in a defeated posture. Her eyes closed for a bit as she thought of what she would say and with a sigh through her nose, she lifted her head back to explain her thoughts to Zalen. “The day you welcomed me was when I met Jiva...granted I was in heat at the time,” the femme blushed, “but I felt an immediate connection to him and we spent the entire day together. He helped me forget about the family I miss and the hardships I overcame before I traveled here, ” Drin’s ocean eyes glittered with moisture, but she continued. “I left New Dawn a day after to give my pack brothers some reprieve from...well..you know, and to do a little exploring. That’s where I got this,” she lifted her healing wrist, “but when I returned, I realized it wasn’t just the changes in my body that stirred the feelings for him.” Drin sighed again and turned her gaze out to the ocean.

I came back free of my woman’s curse and with a clear mind. I had wanted to find him and confess my feelings for him, but that’s when I heard the coywolf’s song...and ultimately saw how beautiful she was and how her eyes stared too long at Jiva.” Bi colored eyes turned back to Zalen as a whine started building in her throat. “Alpha, what do I do? I can’t compete with that...nor do I want to, but I’d be heartbroken if he chose another,” she gave a defeated laugh. “I don’t even know how he feels about me...

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]